The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Jarrett starting a new promotion

5 posters

Go down

Jeff Jarrett starting a new promotion Empty Jeff Jarrett starting a new promotion

Post by Fernando Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:49 am

According to a source close to Jeff Jarrett, his new project will indeed be the launch of a new wrestling promotion.

We were told the promotion is likely to launch on TV sometime in January 2015, and there are several possibilities as to which network will carry the company.

As of now, SpikeTV, CMT and TBS are leading candidates, as TBS is looking to get back into the wrestling business, and Jarrett has CMT connections.

SpikeTV seems to be the long shot in the group, as Jarrett's promotion would only air on Spike if TNA is gone by January.

Source, http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/462149-details-on-jeff-jarrett-wrestling-promotion

Surprised to see TBS wanting a wrestling show would give them one hell of a platform to start out on.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Jeff Jarrett starting a new promotion Empty Re: Jeff Jarrett starting a new promotion

Post by Adam D Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:02 am

I was reading about this earlier too. Seems like CMT is the favourite and its likely to start in January of next year which to me seems silly for a few reasons.

1. its the build up to the Rumble etc
2. Its when TNA go to the UK and have packed houses and therefore look much better than they are (unless they are going to try and spoil results)

They are also rumoured to be courting Kurt Angle as their top star, despite the personal history with him/ Karen/ Jeff. Fair dos he is a big star but what condiditon will he be in by then?

Kurts contract is due to expire later this year.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Jeff Jarrett starting a new promotion Empty Re: Jeff Jarrett starting a new promotion

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:52 am

Wonder if he will try and get CM Punk?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:26 pm

I think any promotion with any ambition not at least putting feelers out to Punk would be very short sighted. You should always aim for the best if it is available! I wouldn't expect anything to come of it imo.

If he gets a TV deal this could be trouble for TNA. Whilst the UK shows look great I guess having 5-6 weeks of pre-recorded shows is not much competition for an exciting new company.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:38 pm

Enforcer wrote:I think any promotion with any ambition not at least putting feelers out to Punk would be very short sighted. You should always aim for the best if it is available! I wouldn't expect anything to come of it imo.

If he gets a TV deal this could be trouble for TNA. Whilst the UK shows look great I guess having 5-6 weeks of pre-recorded shows is not much competition for an exciting new company.

Still think its the wrong time to launch.

The post mania season is always poor for WWE storywise (although it looks like they have a load of potential coming out of it this year as nothing seems to be the end of a storyline like usual). The summer is the time to launch in my opinion.

Assuming that its down to TV scheduling, then waiting until May 2015 would be a better option imo.

Either way, I think that it will be beneficial to TNA.

It could be the Monday night wars all over (on a thursday) not between the top two companies but between TNA dn JJs promotion which would be a great thing for the industry. Trouble? Good for business.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:57 pm

also has Sullivan now as a Producer

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down