The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealing with heartbreak?

+5
Galted
seanmichaels
Good Golly I'm Olly
TRUSSMAN66
kingraf
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dealing with heartbreak? Empty Dealing with heartbreak?

Post by kingraf Mon 31 Mar 2014, 11:19 pm

Anyone who remembers my rants at the old Grinds my Gears threads will remember my annoyance at watching an old friend of mine getting married, and proceeding to have a baby, with that idiot barman she calls her husband... God I hate him.

Anyway, seeing as I'm not Doody, and therefore am not predisposed to picking up random people on the street and rimming them before I caught their names, I realise I need a more... efficient way of dealing with I'm beginning to suspect is not annoyance with a friend for marrying 6'6 turd, but rather the silhouette of what might possibly be heartbreak. I've pretty much exhausted my tried and tested methods (the gym, Alcohol, boat loads of Mary Jane, spending time with my actual girlfriend), but in the gym, I sometimes run into the god-turd, when I'm high I start blabbering about lost love to anyone in the vicinity, when drunk, I start playing and singing to Eric Clapton and Westlife, or stalking her Facebook account, and when I'm with my girl I mainly just complain about the god-turd. Seriously, I can't go on like this, it's affecting me, not all the time just weekends and when I see the turd. My mates haven't helped as they apparently knew all along that it was love on my side, and are spending more time than necessary emphasising my defeat. Guess I'll just forever remember the night we sorta had together, but didn't. Jeez, really thought she'd eventually realise the Poopie face was a waste of time, their umpteen break ups should have been a sign! Anyway I just needed a place to rant without being noticed, hiding behind a pseudonym which has no connection to me in the real world seemed safe enough.

I remember Dave once mumbling something about watching the woman he loves getting married to his mate, so I know y'all have experience in landing face first into the brown stuff.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Dealing with heartbreak? Empty Re: Dealing with heartbreak?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 8:03 am

You want to forget the night you had together and look at all the good stuff you've got going on in your life without this chick..

The chick is a fantasy end of.

.When you are living with her she might be a pain in the butt..

Lighten up, hit the weights put a smile on your face and remember that positive things happen to positive people.....

Six months time this will all be bollox...Because life is bollox and it's better not to take it too seriously..

Forget about her....You'll meet someone else.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

Thanks mate - Really had a rant last night..... feels like midnight posting is the equivalent of drunk dialling.... Never again
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 01 Apr 2014, 9:45 am

Listen to some Lionel Ritchie
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:13 am

I remember Dave once mumbling something about watching the woman he loves getting married to his mate, so I know y'all have experience in landing face first into the brown stuff.

Boring and trite as it may be, it really does get better after a while. After watching this girl get married I ended up in a number of dreadful relationships and I believe my intention was to punish myself for failing to take a chance (even though I knew deep down she'd never leave him). My penance involved getting together with a woman so emotionally unstable we spend longer arguing than not and basically beating each other over the head with our previous relationships. To many boozy/substance filled nights led to one row too many and it ended...BADLY.

However, after a bit of time out, I met my wife to be and we've been together nearly seven years and our second child is due in a couple of weeks.

I still see this other woman when she drops her child off at Nursery and we still chat. Some of the old feelings are still there and part of me likes to think they're reciprocated but I've no intention of taking things any further. Even if she asked me, I'm smart enough to know that what I'd gain is far less than what I'd lose if I went there.

Basically, if you love this woman you have to allow her to make her own choices/mistakes and all you can do is be there if it goes wrong (but as a real friend you're supposed to hope it doesn't)

Hope it all works out for you...but trust me, it will.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:18 am

Not sure Id like to bump into someone I had feelings for everyday..

That's why I'm happy with Jo...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:25 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure Id like to bump into someone I had feelings for everyday..

That's why I'm happy with Jo...
Contempt is still a feeling, TRUSS

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:43 am

Thanks Davey... Must admit to mixed feelings at the mo, at least I don't have to face her every day
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:50 am

Westlife? Sheesh I knew Saffas had sheeet music taste but Westlife? You're a grown man.

As someone who is quite cynical of women, I draw you to one of Truss's comments.

When you are living with her she might be a pain in the butt..

In my experience most if not all women change after 6 months of living with them. What was once thrilling just becomes mundane and normal. Pretty sure it is a chemical imbalance caused by the chase that makes you actually think you like them more than you do. Just look at the amount of divorces or seperations that occur after 2 / 3 years.

You're young, it is a cliche but the chances that this piece was meant for you are probably less likely than the lottery. You don't want to be tied down. Get an English cricket club to pay for you to play for them and travel Europe whilst your at it. Don't think you should be settling down now.... (or wishing that you had settled down.)

Last edited by seanmichaels on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:52 am

No worries. I don't have anywhere near the same intensity of feeling for this woman that I used to have, I suppose I have fond memories of what we had and any disappointment I felt that she got married is tempered by the fact that she's happy and even though what we had ended, it didn't end badly.

Main thing of course, is that I'm married to a woman I would kill for and I have one (soon to be two) beautiful children (well I'm assuming my son will be handsome at any rate) that I would kill and die for.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:53 am

DAVE667 wrote:Main thing of course, is that I'm married to a woman I would kill for and I have one (soon to be two) beautiful children (well I'm assuming my son will be handsome at any rate) that I would kill and die for.

Congrats Dave

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:18 am

Your Kid will be handsome..

I've seen to that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:23 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Your Kid will be handsome..

I've seen to that..
By not impregnating my wife I take it? Very noble of you not to pi$$ in my gene pool, TRUSSY

No doubt he'll also be quite slim and level headed too.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:37 am

Calling him Brendon no doubt after that title nicking swine..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:43 am

Don't listen to them, kingraf. What you want to do is hunt her down with a semi-automatic assault rifle that you've named after her.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:44 am

Don't say that Kingy may be related to Pistorius..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:49 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Calling him Brendon no doubt after that title nicking swine..
it's Brendan with an "A" and we haven't won/nicked anything yet mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:53 am

Brendon...sounds better

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:55 am

Still wrong...bit like your gaffer being called Manwell (which sounds like a brand of male fitness supplements)

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:53 pm

Galted wrote:Don't listen to them, kingraf.  What you want to do is hunt her down with a semi-automatic assault rifle that you've named after her.

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:15 pm

The problem with that, Galted - is I dont know how I'd convince her to hide behind a toilet door so I could shoot her!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:22 pm

You'd be surprised how easy it is to convince even the most cynical of strangers to hide behind a door when you have a semi-automatic rifle in your hands.

Yet again, good sensible advice from Galted.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:30 pm

Cheers Super, can't use a gun (never felt the need), but I'll definitely have a look, at it. Ran into the god-turd at the gym again - I swear I'll feel a lot better if I just throw one uppercut (followed by a hook, lead left, eight punch combo, and a kick to the shin) at him
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 3:38 pm

Then he wins....

She is only a piece of skirt...

Looks wear thin Mate......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 4:05 pm

Not when you're blessed with a timeless handsome-...er, -ness, like what I have got

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 01 Apr 2014, 4:08 pm

kingraf wrote:Cheers Super, can't use a gun (never felt the need), but I'll definitely have a look, at it. Ran into the god-turd at the gym again - I swear I'll feel a lot better if I just throw one uppercut (followed by a hook, lead left, eight punch combo, and a kick to the shin) at him

If you've already thrown an uppercut followed by a hook, can you really throw a lead left as the third punch? Wouldn't you have to throw a lead left first, followed by an uppercut, followed by hook?

Not saying you can't, just a bit of a grey area.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Apr 2014, 4:10 pm

kingraf wrote:Cheers Super, can't use a gun (never felt the need), but I'll definitely have a look, at it. Ran into the god-turd at the gym again - I swear I'll feel a lot better if I just throw one uppercut (followed by a hook, lead left, eight punch combo, and a kick to the shin) at him
Nope, you do that and he looks like the good guy. If he's genuinely a complete tool, then he'll eventually show his true colours and she'll leave him and if she sees what he's really like but sticks with him then hey, she gets what she deserves.

I once stepped in to stop a guy hitting his girlfriend in a pub, he rounded on me so I lamped him...she then tried to attack me screaming "What did you do that for?" and started cradling his head and sobbing.

Can't help some people...

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Apr 2014, 4:30 pm

If it's a grey area do what I use Just for Men..

Maybe for argument sake ask the guy after you've hit him with the uppercut to give you a second to ponder Tino's query..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm

Tino - mate, you've raised an interesting conundrum... I think the kick in the shin remains the real goal of the assault, and the order of the assault preceding the shin kick is arbitrary.

Yeah I'm probably not going to beat him, I suppose it's one of those things, defeat is final... and I do have a stunning girlfriend, more importantly a stunning girlfriend whose dad resembles Lou Ferrigno, and has the temper you'd expect from a man whose spent a small fortune on steroids
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 01 Apr 2014, 4:57 pm

kingraf wrote:Tino - mate, you've raised an interesting conundrum... I think the kick in the shin remains the real goal of the assault, and the order of the assault preceding the shin kick is arbitrary.

A kick in the balls would be my preferred attack. That would bring any man down. Apart from Truss whose years of steroid abuse have shrunk his to the size of a hazelnut.

I like you though, raf, I don't want to see you get involved in physical violence. Be the bigger man, if not literally, then figuratively.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Apr 2014, 5:04 pm

I don't think I want to get in a physical altercation either, Tino, the guy is 6'6 and looks like he has about 50lbs on me (damn steroid sipping private school rugby players)... When I did boxing and kick boxing in high school, I could have taken him, but as of now, Im pretty sure he'd duff me up bad.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 01 Apr 2014, 5:12 pm

Kingraf, take the high road. Jump off the roof with a fire extinguisher and ram it on his head, then disguise your voice and shout, "Frak, i've got the wrong guy" and kick him in the nuts. Then lament loudly and kick him a few times in the head before leaving in disgust.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Apr 2014, 5:18 pm

I'm not from Luton...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 01 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm

kingraf wrote:I'm not from Luton...

Few people are and fewer still admit to it. Just pick it up as you go along fool.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:09 am

kingraf wrote:I don't think I want to get in a physical altercation either, Tino, the guy is 6'6 and looks like he has about 50lbs on me

There's your answer then. You don't ever want to go go back to her. The box will be like a smashed crab.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:21 am

Thank you Sean - The mental image of them engaged in coitus had thus far evaded me. I now have a very defined picture, along with one of a destroyed crab
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:25 am

Always here for sensible and reasoned advice.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:29 am

seanmichaels wrote:
kingraf wrote:I don't think I want to get in a physical altercation either, Tino, the guy is 6'6 and looks like he has about 50lbs on me

There's your answer then. You don't ever want to go go back to her. The box will be like a smashed crab.

Uncouth. A true culture vulture uses the term "butcher's window in an earthquake".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:34 am

The bigger they are the harder they fall...

Great line....Until you fight someone bigger..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:36 am

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Uncouth.  A true culture vulture uses the term "butcher's window in an earthquake".  

Bosted frog

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:38 am

Bastards... the lot
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:53 am

Don't worry, kingraf, I've suffered the most excrutiating heartbreak it's possible to endure...

Galted wrote:
Going back a while, invited a girl I knew from college out, unfortunately it seems I hadn't made it clear it was a date and she brought her boyfriend with.  She was quite a hottie as well.

To make it worse I'd met up with some mates in the pub beforehand & got a bit p1ssed & boastful about it so they waited around at the next table to see this goddess I was going to bang. Conversation was excruciating.
Wasn't easy living that down.

I didn't add in the original post that I was completely in love with her and lost the ability to breath whenever I'd summon up the courage to talk to her.  It was only because we both smoked that I had repeated opportunities to chat to her without f*cking it up, I just about ruined my lungs setting up these "chance" encounters though.  Asking her out was one of the most frightening experiences of my life and the elation between the asking out and the "date" bordered on euphoria.  I couldn't even have a night of booze and self-pity with my mates because they're all c*nts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:56 am

If it's a problem confide in your current girlfriend..

Just tell her you can't stop feeling for another girl and want to punch out her fella because you want her and you're jealous..

Get a female take on this !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:07 am

Galted - pity you mate, that actually tops anything I've moped about. You do deserve it though, anytime you start boasting in front of your mates - you deserve what happens next...

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:09 am

Thanks Trussy - I feel like the quality of advice on here has exponentially decreased... I should have locked the thread after Dave's first response
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:22 am

kingraf wrote:Galted  - pity you mate, that actually tops anything I've moped about. You do deserve it though, anytime you start boasting in front of your mates - you deserve what happens next...

I did try to avoid boasting but the afore-mentioned euphoria coupled with alcohol does cause the tongue to move on its own.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:25 am

Galted wrote:
kingraf wrote:Galted  - pity you mate, that actually tops anything I've moped about. You do deserve it though, anytime you start boasting in front of your mates - you deserve what happens next...

I did try to avoid boasting but the afore-mentioned euphoria coupled with alcohol does cause the tongue to move on its own.

Sadly that line didnt hold up in court and the kangaroo managed to get a restraining order on you.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:31 am

I used to quite like birds and have that euphoric feeling. Can't see myself ever really liking them again though. Think you can 'love' one like in the non gay way I love my mates, but I'd never leave myself open to ruin again. They're just not stable enough in the head.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:34 am

seanmichaels wrote:I used to quite like birds and have that euphoric feeling. Can't see myself ever really liking them again though. Think you can 'love' one like in the non gay way I love my mates, but I'd never leave myself open to ruin again. They're just not stable enough in the head.

Yep, amazing how much self-respect cold-heartedness brings.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:42 am

Women are quite similar to cats. They like the affection for a while but then get bored and Smeg off to someone else. Unless that someone else doesn't feed them of course.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next