The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
Rowley
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
seanmichaels
superflyweight
TopHat24/7
rIck_dAgless
12 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

That was the 990 post...

Is it a fitting replacement for a pubic triangle?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:44 pm

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:I went to see Let The Right One In - am an admirer of the film and book but the play was mediocre, quite unimaginative.

I liked the Swedish film. There's one film we have in common.

It is pretty brilliant, isn't it?  The American version wasn't too bad either.

Still never got round to watching it despite the fact I got it on DVD for my birthday a couple of years ago. Will try to watch it soon so I contribute some additional culture.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:50 pm

Watch it superfly.  I was so impressed by it that I watched it twice.  You might be mildy interested to know that the play version is set in Scotland.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm

Galted wrote:Watch it superfly.  I was so impressed by it that I watched it twice.  You might be mildy interested to know that the play version is set in Scotland.

How to make something Scandinavian even more miserable - set it in Scotland.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm

Have you seen The Returned series Galted?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:06 pm

Nope, hadn't heard of it. Had a check on IMDB, looks interesting. Any good?
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:09 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:What did you see at the theatre? Did you buy any books? Was there a particular exhibition you went to see?

Thanks for asking, Julius, no point in going to the theatre, a bookshop and a museum if no-one asks.

I went to see Let The Right One In - am an admirer of the film and book but the play was mediocre, quite unimaginative.  Didn't buy any books, considered buying a couple of John Irvings I haven't yet read but have a bit of a backlog of reading material so it doesn't make sense to buy any new books in case I die soon.  No exhibition, had a wander about the ceramics, furniture & glass sections of the V & A - the missus and a friend of hers wanted to see some exhibiton of Italian Fashion but, fortunately, they ran out of tickets.

What did you get up to?

Tesco.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm

Galted wrote:Nope, hadn't heard of it.  Had a check on IMDB, looks interesting. Any good?

Yep. Bit slow but good.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:What did you see at the theatre? Did you buy any books? Was there a particular exhibition you went to see?

Thanks for asking, Julius, no point in going to the theatre, a bookshop and a museum if no-one asks.

I went to see Let The Right One In - am an admirer of the film and book but the play was mediocre, quite unimaginative.  Didn't buy any books, considered buying a couple of John Irvings I haven't yet read but have a bit of a backlog of reading material so it doesn't make sense to buy any new books in case I die soon.  No exhibition, had a wander about the ceramics, furniture & glass sections of the V & A - the missus and a friend of hers wanted to see some exhibiton of Italian Fashion but, fortunately, they ran out of tickets.

What did you get up to?

Tesco.

I find Sainsburys and M&S far more cultured.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm

Waitrose is always a pleasant experience.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:05 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Waitrose is always a pleasant experience.

Had a traumatic experience in one once.  Was scouting the local one and having an absent-minded stare at the fish counter when one of the assistants pounced.  He asked what I was looking for and, slightly thrown by his long hair, piercings and bum-ugly face I said "mussels".  He then asked how many I wanted and the first number that came to mind was 4.  Was pretty awkward as he wrapped them and handed them to me, I never went back.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:18 pm

I hate it when shop assistants ask if they can help. Walked in to that trendy american clothes shop in Bath and all the blokes were dressed like woofters and trying to make eye contact with me. Had to leave.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm

Annoying thing with shop-assistants is that they always ask if you want help when you don't, especially those first 5-10 minutes where you're just perusing and acquainting yourself, but then when you DO need to speak with one they are nowhere to be bloody found!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:57 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I hate it when shop assistants ask if they can help. Walked in to that trendy american clothes shop in Bath and all the blokes were dressed like woofters and trying to make eye contact with me. Had to leave.

Must have reminded you of your school days.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 07 Apr 2014, 6:40 pm

Well well, who would have thought it? Shah was almost certainly Peaches Geldof.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Apr 2014, 8:30 am

Shah is actually an elderly woman who loves cycling

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 08 Apr 2014, 8:31 am

Computer says no. Will have to have a look at home.

Was just about to say "abysmal on here today" but that can wait.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Apr 2014, 8:36 am

Galted wrote:Computer says no.  Will have to have a look at home.

Was just about to say "abysmal on here today" but that can wait.

Overlooking the fact that the old dear is seriously hurt, it is actually very comical.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:07 am

Posting just to remove any doubt that I'm Peaches Geldof.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:11 am

I'm not Mickey Rooney.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:11 am

It is quite clearly Kingraf who is Geldof. Unable to cope with the culture commitee's indecision regarding his/her membership and has decided to end it all.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:12 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Mickey Rooney.

Too old to be Mickey Rooney

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:13 am

Yeah, I'll miss the young kid.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:41 am

Did someone on here say Insidious was bad?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:57 am

seanmichaels wrote:Did someone on here say Insidious was bad?

Not sure, but I'll go as far to say that it's probably rubbish like most modern horror - quiet, quiet, quiet, quiet... boom! quiet, quiet, quiet, quiet... boom! quiet, quiet, quiet, quiet... boom... leave scope for sequal.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Apr 2014, 10:13 am

Not as good as Twister then?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Apr 2014, 10:21 am

seanmichaels wrote:Did someone on here say Insidious was bad?

No, I said Bad was insidious.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 08 Apr 2014, 10:31 am

seanmichaels wrote:Not as good as Twister then?

Depends who you play it with. It's probaly better than playing with Susan Boyle and Bernard Manning's corpse, but I imagine Twister with Haim would be much more fun.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 08 Apr 2014, 10:34 am

Haim are friends with me on Facebook now. I didn't ask to be friends with the band, I asked her (Danielle) out for a drink. You would have thought she'd arrange a date prior to inviting me as a friend of her band. Must have been an oversight.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:36 pm

Bob Gedolf?
pfft
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:28 am

Abysmal on here today.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:48 am

It's better than the thread on the tennis board where Julius is talking about the best surface on which to have a homosexual daliance.*

* I may have chosen to misread that thread.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:51 am

Julius on the weekend.

Spoiler:
The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Master.Rene_Lacoste_tennis
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:14 am

superflyweight wrote:It's better than the thread on the tennis board where Julius is talking about the best surface on which to have a homosexual daliance.*

* I may have chosen to misread that thread.    

I'm assuming grass is the best? Easier on the knees and elbows?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:42 am

Ate a muffin. I'm winning today.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:46 am

Had a bowl of muesli but a few minutes later had a dump that had me fearing for the welfare of my ring.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:50 am

Nice dish last night Galted. Linguine with braised fennel and shallot, crumbled feta and basil. Very light. Good for the bum.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:56 am

seanmichaels wrote:Nice dish last night Galted. Linguine with braised fennel and shallot, crumbled feta and basil. Very light. Good for the bum.

That sounds like the sort of dish I could attempt myself. Looking to moving house soon so will hopefully have a decent kitchen.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:22 am

Are you moving in with the piece?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:30 am

Yep. And the cat.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:43 am

Looking for some medical advice and this seemed to be the logical place to come.

Woke up in the middle of the night in agony with what can only be described as a pulsing, throbbing pain in my right testicle. At first I thought it was just my pulse and that it had somehow transferred to my gonads, but the pain has just come back (although not as sore) when I'm sitting at my desk and I'm sure its not my pulse.

Any thoughts?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:46 am

Maybe you somehow squashed it when you were sleeping, do you wear tight-fitting shorts? Either that or it's the missus f*cking with your mind (and your right nad).
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:00 am

I had that a few weeks back. Couldn't be arsed to get changed properly so walked to B&Q in my lounge pants with no boxers. As I was coming back I had the pulsing that came in waves. As if someone was yanking it downwards. Can't help but it worried me for a biot although it has never come back. Put it down to the lack of support and them jiggling around too much.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:04 am

Or google varicocele......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:16 am

I once had 2 cysts in my ballsack. I was going to have them removed but got lashed on 2 occasions the night before the scheduled op. A short time later I got a letter through saying that by not attending they assume I have decided against it, which is a good decision as any op could have resulted in the loss of a ball and or fertility. They didn't bloody tell me that beforehand.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:18 am

Where's Oxy when you need him......?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:21 am

Haven't had any growths thus far and all the ball pain I've experienced has been cured by a therapeutic w@nk.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:31 am

On the subject of medicine, I have to have an MRI scan on Sunday morning at 9am. It happens to be my birthday that day which I'll probably end up celebrating on Saturday. Can a high level of alcohol in the blood effect the scan?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:34 am

superflyweight wrote:Looking for some medical advice and this seemed to be the logical place to come.  

Woke up in the middle of the night in agony with what can only be described as a pulsing, throbbing pain in my right testicle.  At first I thought it was just my pulse and that it had somehow transferred to my gonads, but the pain has just come back (although not as sore) when I'm sitting at my desk and I'm sure its not my pulse.

Any thoughts?  

Almost certainly advanced testicular cancer superfly. My advice would be to have them both removed with all possible haste.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:37 am

No cause of death was officially announced, but Warren's roommate, Joey Hurtado, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that Warren had suffered two heart attacks recently.

“He was in the hospital for five and a half weeks,” Hurtado told the paper. “He had infections that I think were brought on by his diabetes and then he had those heart attacks.”

Hurtado also told the paper he didn't believe that his friend's testicle removal surgery last year was a factor in the death.

When Warren had the surgery last April, he entered the operating room weighing 552 pounds. Thirteen hours later, he was 200 pounds lighter.

Warren said his scrotum first became enlarged in May 2008 when he suffered an injury on his right testicle.

"I woke up the next day and my scrotum was the size of a honeydew melon," he told HuffPost Live in August. "My personal hell was just beginning."

With every passing month, Warren's scrotum grew 3 pounds or more. And with no health insurance, he had little opportunity to seek help, until he became internationally known for his freakish bulge.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:51 am

Boody hell, it's for real.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum