The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

That was the 990 post...

Is it a fitting replacement for a pubic triangle?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:11 am

Technicalities confuse me, Jeff. That's why I work in media
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:13 am

Tino wrote:*Whereabouts in Cheshire are you from, Rickster?

I don't have much room to talk to be fair Tino, I hail from Northwich...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:15 am

Galted wrote:

Didn't spend any time in the city but it looked quite pretty, worth a day's visit at least.  Didn't visit your real home town of Runcorn - might make the pilgramage to place a bouquet against a lamppost when you're dead.

Save your money, it would stolen within 5 minutes of you leaving it there. That is if you can find a lamppost still standing.

Lovely thought though, thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

Went to a wedding and sat next to a bird with massive bangers from Widnes. She was fit as well. Was in there until I got belted.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:*Whereabouts in Cheshire are you from, Rickster?

I don't have much room to talk to be fair Tino, I hail from Northwich...

Sorry mate.

Is that hotel on water still there? Always amused me that place.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:17 am

seanmichaels wrote:Went to a wedding and sat next to a bird with massive bangers from Widnes. She was fit as well. Was in there until I got belted.

If it was from Widnes, it could well have been a man. Always best to check.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:18 am

Runcorn can't be that bad. It's got a rowing club.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:19 am

Galted wrote:Runcorn can't be that bad.  It's got a rowing club.

It is for smuggling things down the Manchester ship canal.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:23 am

"Tino" and "Runcorn" is nearly an anagram of "ironic c*nt".
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:26 am

Galted wrote:"Tino" and "Runcorn" is nearly an anagram of "ironic c*nt".

I wouldn't describe myself as particularly ironic.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:26 am

Tino wrote:Sorry mate.

Is that hotel on water still there? Always amused me that place

I have come to terms with it mate so no worries...

Nope the countries first "Flotel" is no longer in use...

The Salt museum once got second in the most boring museum in the country competition on the radio, narrowly getting beat by a potato place somewhere...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:29 am

Tim Burgess is from Northwich, my knowledge of the place is pretty much exhausted now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:31 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Sorry mate.

Is that hotel on water still there? Always amused me that place

I have come to terms with it mate so no worries...

Nope the countries first "Flotel" is no longer in use...  

The Salt museum once got second in the most boring museum in the country competition on the radio, narrowly getting beat by a potato place somewhere...

"Flotel", that is it. I couldn't remember what fancy name they had given it.

I once went to watch Northwich Victoria v Witton Albion. The crowd was like that scene from Star Wars in the bar with all the weird looking aliens.

Not me, of course, I am devilishly handsome.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:31 am

Jeff wrote:Tim Burgess is from Northwich, my knowledge of the place is pretty much exhausted now.

Went to my school Jeff

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:31 am

While we're on the subject of hometowns... I'm actually not from Johannesburg. I'm from Kempton Park. Not the greatest neck of the woods, but Ernie Els learnt to play golf there. And Roger Federer apparently learnt some of his tennis at the now abandoned, ostensibly haunted hospital. That's 21 majors, with a population of 100, 000. Meaning we average a major every 5, 000 people. Almost unheard of. Pretty impressive for a town more famous for Nigerian drug dealers, and a haunted hospital.

Also Martin Murray is fighting there on Wednesday. Might make the trek.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:33 am

Tino wrote:"Flotel", that is it. I couldn't remember what fancy name they had given it.

I once went to watch Northwich Victoria v Witton Albion. The crowd was like that scene from Star Wars in the bar with all the weird looking aliens.

Not me, of course, I am devilishly handsome.

Flotel was cunning wordplay that Julius would have been proud of Smile

The local derby was always a strange affair and the chances are we once again in the same place as i used to frequent them with many alienalikes...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:37 am

kingraf wrote:While we're on the subject of hometowns... I'm actually not from Johannesburg. I'm from Kempton Park. Not the greatest neck of the woods, but Ernie Els learnt to play golf there. And Roger Federer apparently learnt some of his tennis at the now abandoned, ostensibly haunted hospital. That's 21 majors, with a population of 100, 000. Meaning we average a major every 5, 000 people. Almost unheard of. Pretty impressive for a town more famous for Nigerian drug dealers, and a haunted hospital.

And an airport, kingraf.  Don't forget the airport.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:37 am

rick_dagless wrote:

The local derby was always a strange affair and the chances are we once again in the same place as i used to frequent them with many alienalikes...

Perhaps you are me. Or am I you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:39 am

Tino wrote:Perhaps you are me. Or am I you?

Could be a cheeky bit of quantum entanglement Tino?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:41 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Perhaps you are me. Or am I you?

Could be a cheeky bit of quantum entanglement Tino?

No need to be so smutty.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:42 am

Tino wrote:No need to be so smutty.

Fnaarrr

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:46 am

Galted wrote:
kingraf wrote:While we're on the subject of hometowns... I'm actually not from Johannesburg. I'm from Kempton Park. Not the greatest neck of the woods, but Ernie Els learnt to play golf there. And Roger Federer apparently learnt some of his tennis at the now abandoned, ostensibly haunted hospital. That's 21 majors, with a population of 100, 000. Meaning we average a major every 5, 000 people. Almost unheard of. Pretty impressive for a town more famous for Nigerian drug dealers, and a haunted hospital.

And an airport, kingraf.  Don't forget the airport.

Yes, we also have an airport.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:02 am

Where do we think Galted is from? I used to think Norwich but now I think he was born oop north somewhere but moved south when he was young.

I reckon he is from Hull but speaks with a very post accent now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:06 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Where do we think Galted is from?  I used to think Norwich but now I think he was born oop north somewhere but moved south when he was young.

I reckon he is from Hull but speaks with a very post accent now.

I reckon Ashford in Kent. Definitely somewhere to be ashamed of. Milton Keynes, Slough or Basingstoke also possibilities.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:09 am

Watford?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:10 am

rick_dagless wrote:Watford?

Stevenage?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:10 am

I'm from a land called Honah Lee.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:11 am

Galted owns a cat, which he thinks will someday protect him from crime, such delusions normally arise from leafy middle class existence. He's also chronically morbid, which indicates his chemical make up was ruined living near an industrial zone.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:14 am

kingraf wrote:Galted owns a cat,  which he thinks will someday protect him from crime, such delusions normally arise from leafy middle class existence.  He's also chronically morbid, which indicates his chemical make up was ruined living near an industrial zone.  

I think the cat belongs to his missus.

He likes serial killers, camp food and Aston Villa. I am thinking he is actually from spaghetti junction.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:17 am

Him liking Villa does suggest he is a midlands type. We are not a club who attract glory hunters. My money is on Tamworth. If he pronounces it tamoth I am almost certainly right.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:18 am

I'm not from any of the places mentioned though I have been to or through all of them.
I don't own the cat, it belongs to my girlfriend. I don't expect it to protect me from crime, I'm trying to train it to cause crime but accept that cats are not particularly bright.
My chemical make-up has been ruined by alcohol, hot chilli sauce and living in a road with two entrances.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:18 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
kingraf wrote:Galted owns a cat,  which he thinks will someday protect him from crime, such delusions normally arise from leafy middle class existence.  He's also chronically morbid, which indicates his chemical make up was ruined living near an industrial zone.  

He likes serial killers, camp food and Aston Villa.  I am thinking he is actually from spaghetti junction.

The villa connection is a smoke screen. He likes Rugby Union and Cricket so that makes Birmingham unlikely if not impossible. I think Home Counties. A house on the edge of a sheeeet town.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:19 am

Rowley wrote:Him liking Villa does suggest he is a midlands type. We are not a club who attract glory hunters. My money is on Tamworth. If he pronounces it tamoth I am almost certainly right.

He's old enough to remember the glory days though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:19 am

Kidderminster seems to tick a lot of the boxes

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:19 am

Rowley wrote:Him liking Villa does suggest he is a midlands type. We are not a club who attract glory hunters. My money is on Tamworth. If he pronounces it tamoth I am almost certainly right.

How come you're a Villa fan, Jeffrey?

I see Rotherham are doing rather well in both wendyball and rugby this season.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:20 am

He likes serial killers, camp food and Aston Villa.  I am thinking he is actually from spaghetti junction.

Very good observant observation, even for a stalker.  I don't like serial killers (apart from the 667Killer).  The person you're confusing me with, who does like serial killers, is, coincidentally, the 667Killer.

Last edited by Galted on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:22 am

Never been to Tamworth.

I think the league cup wins in '94 and '96 could have attracted a fair few glory hunters.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:22 am

Lived for a few years in the midlands Tina. Moved there when I was five, so prior to that had little interest in football. Just stuck with them since then, I hold people who change their football team in marginally more contempt than people who use L*L or wear jeans with a jacket.

Rotherham are doing well at football, have been a couple of times this year, the New York Stadium is a lovely place to watch a match.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:25 am

Rowley wrote:Lived for a few years in the midlands Tina. Moved there when I was five, so prior to that had little interest in football. Just stuck with them since then, I hold people who change their football team in marginally more contempt than people who use L*L or wear jeans with a jacket.

Rotherham are doing well at football, have been a couple of times this year, the New York Stadium is a lovely place to watch a match.

I watched Watford v Rotherham a few years ago. Rotherham won 2-1 and their keeper cupped his hand behind his ear to the Watford fans at the final whistle despite the fact no-one was giving him any flack. I was so angry, despite the fact I don't even support Watford, that I nearly threw my cheese and onion pie at him.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:28 am

Rowley wrote:Lived for a few years in the midlands Tina. Moved there when I was five, so prior to that had little interest in football. Just stuck with them since then, I hold people who change their football team in marginally more contempt than people who use L*L or wear jeans with a jacket.

My old man supports Celtic and Liverpool. He is unbearably smug at the moment.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:32 am

My old man supports Celtic and Liverpool.  He is unbearably smug at the moment. Especially after 6 cans of tennants extra and nicking the wheels off a car.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:34 am

Racist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:48 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tomphillips/the-definitive-stereotype-map-of-britain-and-irelandsaw a very funny stereotype map of britain on FB the other day.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:53 am

Laugh 

Old men sliding down hills in a bathtub.

Brilliant.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

Won't shut up about the Beatles, it's funny because it's true.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:01 am

Rowley wrote:Won't shut up about the Beatles, it's funny because it's true.

It really is true.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:13 am

Whistle 

Spoiler:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2607435/Preying-stay-alive-Centipede-tries-eat-way-sanctuary-snakes-stomach.html

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:14 am

It really is true.

Not quite.  Every once in a while the they shut up about the Beatles for just long enough to complain that people don't feel sufficiently sorry for them about Hillsborough.

Last edited by Galted on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That rascal Tino!)
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:16 am

Galted wrote:

It really is true.

Not quite.  Every once in a while the shut up about the Beatles for just long enough to complain that people don't feel sufficiently sorry for them about Hillsborough.

Shame.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:17 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote: Whistle 

Spoiler:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2607435/Preying-stay-alive-Centipede-tries-eat-way-sanctuary-snakes-stomach.html

Wouldn't get too excited, Tino.  The DM recently featured an article about a stand-off between a huge group of hippos and a huge group of crocodiles with the crocs eventually killing one of the hippos.  I think even kids who believe in the Easter bunny knew immediately that it was b0ll0cks.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum