The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do with minor injuries?

2 posters

Go down

What to do with minor injuries? Empty What to do with minor injuries?

Post by sikhlion Sat 05 Apr 2014, 6:57 pm

What's the best thing to do when you have a minor sprain or injury? For the last two weeks I've had a pain in my shoulder when doing certain exercises. If I do a shoulder press or bench press it's uncomfortable but I can push through it. It hurts a bit when I lift light things eg shopping in a certain way. Is it better to continue to train regardless of the pain.... The shoulder should heal regardless? Or are you doing more damage in the long run and should I avoid movements that feel a bit painful until it's better?

sikhlion

Back to top Go down

What to do with minor injuries? Empty Re: What to do with minor injuries?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 7:22 pm

Rest it and take the time to bring up other body parts..

When I injured my shoulder my squat shot up as I concentrated on legs till it healed...See what you can get away with doing and you'll find when you are fit your shoulders will be thankful for the rest..

I reached a plateau on my dumbbell press some years ago went on holiday with my family and just swam for two weeks..

Came back and added two reps to my previous best..

Have to listen to your body my friend and your shoulders are saying gimme a break..

Good luck..keep us informed..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down