The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang Your Heads In Shame

3 posters

Go down

Hang Your Heads In Shame Empty Hang Your Heads In Shame

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 06 Apr 2014, 10:28 am

Ferrari and Red Bull I see are trying to get a rule change brought in just because things aren't panning out well for them.  Rolling Eyes 

Both teams have been meeting with the FIA in Bahrain pushing for rule changes and are using brainless Bernie's point of cars being too quiet as well. Sorry Red Bull and Ferrari (in the past) but were rules changed (mid-season) when they held all the cards with the fastest car on the grid? Of course not. Take it like men and press for changes at the correct time - the end of the season. In any case both teams knew the changes that were coming and had just as long to put a car together for the season as every other team.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Hang Your Heads In Shame Empty Re: Hang Your Heads In Shame

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 11:01 am

Yeah, its embarrassing. Renault have already bought engine upgrades to this race, for reliability issues, however everyone knows performance upgrades would of been added. Newey has been chirping away all weekend, moaning & crying like a baby, I get his reasons for not liking the direction F1 has headed but you just get on with it. As for Luca, his Ferrari outfit should have a long hard look at themselves, pathetic car again & now trying to force F1`s future in a way which benefits them through these secret talks.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 06 Apr 2014, 11:21 am

Well if there is any justice in the FIA they will tell both teams at that meeting to quit moaning and get on with it as rules changes of any note in mid-season are not on.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:32 am

It was nice to see Ron Dennis on the grid saying exactly what I think. Good on you Ron.  clap 
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:07 pm

Agree it is absolutely cringeworthy.

That said, I desperately hope RB and Ferrari can get their acts together at some point.

Much as I'm enjoying watching Lewis & Nico, I don't want the season to become a 2-horse race...at least not this early.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 08 Apr 2014, 8:56 am

Agreed dyrewolfe. Any sport thrives on competitiveness - the more competitive the opposition the better the sport. However, Red Bull and Ferrari weren't complaining in past years when the regulations suited their car and made it the fastest car on the grid by some distance. Other teams had to take those painful seasons on the chin without crying to the FIA so Red Bull and Ferrari should shut up as should brainless Bernie.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 08 Apr 2014, 2:24 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself.

If it does turn out to be a 2-horse race, at least it'll be between drivers I like and who are free to race (though it seems Lewis has the edge when it comes to wheel-to-wheel stuff).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 09 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm

Not really surprising tbh. Look at RBs wings being tested every session a few years ago. F1s too high stakes these days not to resort to underhand tactics.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down