The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stefano Domenicali resigns from Ferrari?

Go down

Stefano Domenicali resigns from Ferrari? Empty Stefano Domenicali resigns from Ferrari?

Post by Fernando on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 10:13 am

Rumors suggesting that Stefano has resigned as Team Principal from Ferrari this morning after their terrible start to the f1 season. That's a shame he seems a likeable guy. Be interested to see who replaces him.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Stefano Domenicali resigns from Ferrari? Empty Re: Stefano Domenicali resigns from Ferrari?

Post by Don Caboose on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 12:19 pm

Not very surprising given what has happened to Ferrari under his leadership, especially this year.

On the Martin Whitmarsh scale of moving a team down the grid, Domenicali wasn't that bad but clearly the team has been regressing each season and falling further behind rather than catching up.

I wonder if a certain Mr Brawn has had a busy phone this morning?

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Stefano Domenicali resigns from Ferrari? Empty Re: Stefano Domenicali resigns from Ferrari?

Post by GSC on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 12:22 pm

I'd be surprised if Brawn went back I think.

Ferraris issues have stemmed from the mechanical side in recent years. They've never delivered anything more than a good car since 2008. More heads to roll I suspect
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 6:15 pm

Not surprised at all, likeable guy but he's failed to deliver. Allison & others have come in & will already focusing on reshaping the team & beginning plans on developing next years car. The seasons a write-off & Ferrari & Stefano know it, hence this decision. Hopefully they can become a force next season but as for this season, what an anticlimax of a driver partnership. Alonso must be screwing deep down at what's happened at Ferrari.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 5:19 pm

A shame, if true, but probably a necessary move, as the team has failed to live up to Ferrari (the company and the fans) expectations for some time now.

Hope they can find him a role elsewhere, as he came across as a very honest and likeable guy.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 5:20 pm

I do feel sorry for him. Engine power seems to be the critical factor this season, and Ferraris hasn't delivered
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 5:39 pm

Lack of engine power, thirsty aswell & no traction - Season Write-off. They will basically be planning for 2015. They can financially take a hit from a poor constructors finish for one year I would imagine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum