The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whos "0" is next to go??

+6
ONETWOFOREVER
spencerclarke
88Chris05
wheelchair1991
hampo17
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
10 posters

Go down

Whos "0" is next to go?? Empty Whos "0" is next to go??

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:31 am

Its been a bit dire on here recently with constant talk of promoters and frankly is well and truely ran its course.

So, lets move onto proper debates!!

(Sorry Paul, I seen this on your twitter in and thought I'd throw it out there).

With Timothy Bradley having his unbeaten record taken by Manny at the weekend, who will be next to see their go!!??

Floyd Mayweather
Danny Garcia
Mikey Garcia
Yorkis Gamboa
Sergei Kovalev
Shawn Porter
Kell Brook
Terence Crawford
Leo Santa Cruz
Guillermo Rigondeaux
Deontay Wilder
Tyson Fury
Carl Frampton
Scott Quigg
Keith Thurman

Just a handful of names, but if you have anyone else who is at a reasonable high standing within boxing who you feel is next to earn their first "L", please add if you think they will lose before the above guys and state your reasons for why!

Cheers!

Last edited by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Whos "0" is next to go?? Empty Re: Whos "0" is next to go??

Post by hampo17 Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:35 am

Adonis Stevenson isn't unbeaten mate Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:44 am

I think fury's 0 will go next as i fancy chisora to beat him

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:46 am

hampo171 wrote:Adonis Stevenson isn't unbeaten mate Wink

I never said he was  Whistle 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:48 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:I think fury's 0 will go next as i fancy chisora to beat him

Good call, but I think Chisora hasn't got it in him to KO Fury and Fury is the better boxer. Points win for Fury again I reckon.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:52 am

The powers of the edit button are strong with this one Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:56 am

We will have to agree to disagree on this one reborn im backing a chisora pts victory

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:58 am

Garcia (Danny) is one of the names which jumps out for me, basically because he seems to have a lot of trouble stringing together two really top class performances in a row at world level.

Doesn't look great against a washed up Morales, then surprises a few people by getting Khan out of there in style. Looks much more dominant in dismantling Morales next time out, but then struggles with an old Judah. Puts in his best title performance so far against his most dangerous opponent in Matthysse, and then follows that up with his worst title performance so far against Herrera, who I thought beat him.

If he doesn't find that little bit of extra consistency in his performances then you'd have to imagine he'll come a'cropper sooner rather than later given the talent in and around 140 / 147.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Apr 2014, 11:07 am

Chris do you think he may be one of these fighters that really needs to be fighting the best to be performing at his best?

The fights he struggles in look like the kind of fights which he maybe just thinks he has to turn up and he will get the win. But when faced against a live opponent (Khan, Matthysse) it brings the best out of him?

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Apr 2014, 11:09 am

hampo171 wrote:The powers of the edit button are strong with this one Laugh

Laugh 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Apr 2014, 12:05 pm

I think Kell Brook will be the next to lose his "0"

if/when Porter beats Paulie, I think Brook will have his hands well and truely full.

He struggled with Carson Jones and Porter is a lot more agressive and a lot stronger. That fight is due for June/July (I Think).

I don't fancy Brook at all in that fight.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 17 Apr 2014, 12:48 pm

Would have to be Santa Cruz or Frampton for me as I don't think any of the boxers with fights currently lined up will have too much trouble. Then I think this fight will be before any of the others meet up. So all things considered I'll go for Santa Cruz.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 17 Apr 2014, 1:07 pm

Frampton will loose if he fights like he did in his last fight.

He has the look of someone very easy to read and counter.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm

Only about two fighters on that list I give a toss about..

Mayweather and Frampton..

Rest can get banged out for me especially Quigg who is doing the Joe Louis bum of the month routine..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Apr 2014, 1:18 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Frampton will loose if he fights like he did in his last fight.

Nonsense
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 17 Apr 2014, 1:21 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Frampton will loose if he fights like he did in his last fight.

Nonsense

Watch his last fight again.

His opponant, clearly a counter puncher but pretty stupid, lulled Frampton in and was just finding range. He actually caught Framps with a decent left hook before getting dropped.

Santa Cruz would have no problems tagging Frampton for as long as he wants. Frampton should keep the fight in the centre of the ring and not go stalking guys.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Apr 2014, 1:33 pm

Except that Santa Cruz is a completely different kettle of fish to Cazares.

You show me a fight where Santa Cruz will lure Frampton into counters.....

Cazares caught Frampton a few times....so?? Believe it or not, it happens when two fighters fight.

I assume you mean the two shots Frampton got caught before the stoppage. The fact Frampton was closing the gap and didn't give Cazares time to position his feel or put any power into the shots shows what the gameplan was all about. In the first round Frampton continuosly stalks Cazares pushing out a left jab and swinging a delayed right hook which missed more times than it landed.

Now contrast that to the second round where Cazares is trying to avoid the same shot only to nearly get his head took off with a left hook (which Frampton threw after slipping Cazares' right hand).

The gameplan was set up perfect for Cazares and the fact it ended in the 2nd proves that.

Cazares ISNT Santa Cruz so why would Frampton fight like that again against an aggressive volume puncher?

I accept in part what you are saying that he takes the odd shot, but what he throws back has so far proved to be too much for every opponent he has faced.

Personally I think its a toss up. If he wins this fight it will be a carbon copy of the Martinez fight. Martinez is one of the strongest punchers in the division and caught Frampton plenty of times and still wound up getting sparked.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 17 Apr 2014, 2:19 pm

Well it's a bit hard to guess who's going to lose it first as it depends more on opposition than the actual fighter in some cases. The easiest ones will be when (if) they square of against each other like Cruz-Frampton, Brook-Porter, Garcia-gamboa etc

The ones we can be confident won't lose their 0 barring some catastrophe if Rigondeux and Mayweather as they are leagues above what's in their repsective divisions. I'd also say that now Stevenson has jumped to Showtime I'd doubt Kovalev will lose anytime soon and if GGG (who isn't actually on the list) stays at middleweight after Chavez he too is another I can't see losing

Danny Garcia is a good shout. As someone said he seems to perform o the level of the opposition but the inconsistency is apparent and that's dangerous especially given it seems like he's stepping up to 147 where goldenboy have a huge roster of very good (but not great) fighters that could beat him.

I think Crawford and Mikey Garcia should be safe too as they aren't in divisions that have a huge amount of threats atm. Fury could be in trouble against Chisora and Wilder is one punch away from being David Priced as he's yet to take a clean shot on the chin

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Thu 17 Apr 2014, 2:49 pm

Fury, surely. I think Chsiora will beat him. I mean, Fury is, let's be honest, terrible. So, as long as Chisora is in any kind of shape, I see the guy that harried, pushed and pestered Vitali all night as easily good enough to beat a gigantic clown.

Would prefer Fury to win though, in some ways; would love to see him fight Wlad. Just think it'd make for a more interesting spectacle. Plus he'd get knocked spark out, which would be amusing.

Last edited by Qoxiivi on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 17 Apr 2014, 2:49 pm

Yep, Thurman will no doubt be continuing to up his oppo in a bid for a title whereas WORLD CHAMPION Quigg will be fighting a succession of bums. This is a tricky one to call.

Can't see Kovalev losing any time soon as the only man most think capable of beating him has run off and hidden himself away from the nasty man.

Can't see Rigo or Floyd losing. Ever.

Crawford looked like the man at lightweight beating Ricky so unless he steps up I can't see him losing for a bit.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Apr 2014, 3:04 pm

Chisora beats Fury if he doesn't just plod forward and telegraph shots like he did in his last outing...as even that useless t*rd should avoid getting hit with those.

No real love for Chisora or Fury but I'd sure as hell be delighted if Tyson got beat.

Would like to think Brook is good enough to beat the likes of Porter too

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down