The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton

+12
owen10ozzy
mobilemaster8
milkyboy
AdamT
catchweight
TRUSSMAN66
Herman Jaeger
88Chris05
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
AlexHuckerby
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton Empty Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Apr 2014, 12:49 pm

Any views changed?

To me it doesn't look like Frampton is going to get LSC over to Belfast and it's unlikely that Frampton will travel to the States for the title chance either. He won a final eliminator which is great, however LSC has just had his mandatory so he will be out in the cold for quite a while now if he wants to wait for that.

I doubt Kiko would be interested in a rematch as he probably feels he can't change much so he can avoid fighting Frampton and there's more chance of him coming over to fight Quigg than rematching Frampton by the looks of things. Which to be honest would be an absolute fire fight.

Frampton won't get Rigo, and I very much doubt McGuigan would even consider throwing him in against him and he holds the unified WBA and WBO, so that's pretty much all of the options.

Frampton has one more fight left on BoxNation, so if I was McGuigan, personally I would put him in against a good well ranked fighter, who maybe used to hold a title, like Terrazas. Very winnable, but tough fight, then just look to fight Quigg when he's free from BoxNation and facehim on Sky.

That's my view on what should be done to make the fight.

In terms of the actual fight I think it'd difficult, both are improving rapidly and both probably the two biggest punchers in the division. Quigg probably brings more educated pressure than Kiko did and a harder punch but although Frampton had his difficulties with Martinez, he did deal with him superbly. They both have terrific engines although if I was to choose who's fitter and a little bit physically stronger I'd say Quigg. Frampton has more about him however, can box going backwards and forwards, as opposed to Quigg who generally is only really effective moving forwards.

I'd still say gun to my head Frampton wins, but it's getting closer every single time I think about it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton Empty Re: Scott Quigg Vs. Carl Frampton

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 21 Apr 2014, 1:02 pm

Hearn said Quigg vs Santa Cruz is in discussions.....thats as bout a true as Froch vs Chavez was.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/leo-santa-cruz-says-hes-willing-to-come-to-belfast-to-ko-carl-frampton-241630

Santa Cruz mentions Frampton in almost every interview he does. He seems genuinely keen on taking on Frampton which is strange for a champ to be calling out a challenger.

Frampton just won an eliminator so is mandatory.

Quigg will not fight Santa Cruz, I would like to see him fight Kiko, but I suspect Eddie will do a few more soft defences of that piece of leather with a bit of gold on it that is supposed to be a world title for Scott.

Still yet to fight an ex/current title holder Scott.

Frampton may have had his hands full against Martinez, but thats hardly a stick to beat him with. Martinez gives everybody a tough work out and apart from getting stopped by Carl, his defeats against Munroe where not walkovers. They were close.

Eddie just piping hot air about Santa Cruz because they know Frampton is more or less ready to go against the Mexican.

At least Frampton mentions Rigo when he talks to the press, whether its to say "Rigo is the best in the division" or anything more. Quigg and Hearn lose just act as if Rigo doesn't exist.

Frampton knocks Quigg out late. Always thought that and no amount of these last minute replacements getting squashed by Quigg will change my mind. Competitive but as the fight goes on, the counters and movement will be too much for Quigg and he will end up getting caught like Martinez did.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 21 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm

Matchroom want Quigg v Frampton.  Their interviews after the Quigg fight were pretty much what you are saying Alex.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Apr 2014, 1:27 pm

Doesn't quite add up for me Reborn, I know you like Frampton a lot but Santa Cruz's last fight originally wasn't a mandatory and then seemed to randomly become one meaning he doesn't have to fight a mandatory for quite a while all of a sudden. Not quite sure GoldenBoy want there man to go out to face Frampton in Belfast.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Apr 2014, 1:29 pm

Strongback wrote:Matchroom want Quigg v Frampton.  Their interviews after the Quigg fight were pretty much what you are saying Alex.

Can't watch them just yet 'cos I'm at work but will give them a watch later on.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 21 Apr 2014, 1:30 pm

In fairness I don't care who either face as long as it's someone from the elite, if Quigg faces LSC i'll be pleased and if he faces Frampton i'll be pleased and vice versa.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 21 Apr 2014, 1:31 pm

To be honest Alex, I've gone the other way to you, mate. A couple of years back I didn't think there was much between them, and I'd have leaned very tentatively towards Quigg. But in the meantime Frampton has elevated his game to a new level and showed a lot more development, for me.

You've touched on my main thoughts in the article; Quigg is big and strong at the weight, can punch and is a hard man to stop moving forward. But Frampton has developed himself in to a really rounded, complete boxer-puncher who has those extra dimensions and ways to win. Quigg, on the other hand, still looks and fights like a bit of a flat-track bully for me, albeit a good one.

The way Frampton took apart Martinez and Parodi was the real eye-opener, for me. Two completely different game plans and styles but he's good enough to pull them off. I don't know why Gallagher felt the need to have a little dig at Frampton's opposition the other night - Quigg's 'world title' or no, at the end of the day Frampton's been looking just as dominant, maybe even more so, against a better calibre of opposition.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Quigg and he's a good fighter. But I think he's fallen behind Frampton in the Super-Bantam pecking order over the past couple of years. The Salinas fight suggests to me that when / if Quigg faces someone cerebral at the highest level and who isn't awed by his size / power, he's going to have problems.

Anyway, both camps made their bed (insofar as they chose not to make the fight for the time being, much as that annoys me) so now they have to lie in them, if they insist on following the modern-day craze of not making fights because they 'might' be bigger further down the line. For the time being, I think Frampton should definitely take the Santa Cruz challenge. True, Leo has just got a mandatory out the way, but as Reborn says he seems very keen on the fight against Frampton and for the right money I don't see why he'd wait around to make the fight.

As for Quigg, he really needs to step it up now. If they could get him in with Martinez then that'd be great, but right now I'd settle for even someone like Mathebula or Terrazas.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 21 Apr 2014, 2:14 pm

So Alex you reckon GoldenBoy will rather send LSC to Manchester instead!!??

And as if Hearn would send Quigg to America.

No chance. Quigg has his "world title" so they can do as they please.

There is more chance of Frampton travelling as he is on the hunt for a belt. He may have to travel to get it.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 21 Apr 2014, 2:39 pm

Can someone explain why Frampton isn't going to get Santa as mentioned in the op?

Cruz stated he's willing to go to Belfast, Frampton is really up for it too,  both fighters being groomed for stardom, it's a helluva fight.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Apr 2014, 3:33 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:So Alex you reckon GoldenBoy will rather send LSC to Manchester instead!!??

There is more chance of Frampton travelling as he is on the hunt for a belt. He may have to travel to get it.

where did i say Quigg is going to fight LSC? what on earth are you talking about?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Apr 2014, 3:42 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Can someone explain why Frampton isn't going to get Santa as mentioned in the op?

Cruz stated he's willing to go to Belfast, Frampton is really up for it too,  both fighters being groomed for stardom, it's a helluva fight.

Looking at the way Golden Boy are operating and reading inbetween the lines a little bit, I could be wrong, however from the looks of it to me it seems as though Golden boy aren't wanting to send Santa Cruz to Belfast. His previous fight was originally a voluntary, then when Frampton's fight was an eliminator LSC's fight magically turned into a mandatory, meaning he doesn't have to face a mandatory for quite a while, as to which Frampton is being the number 1 ranked contender.

To me it looks like Golden Boy are trying to put the brakes on that fight.

Hope Frampton does get it and wins however, it then means if he does fight Quigg after it will be on Sky and it will be even bigger as it will be a unification.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 21 Apr 2014, 3:56 pm

Only fair that the challenger goes to the champion, I think we all agree, even if it's horrible the way they can do that Alex. Looks like Frampton's going to have to hit the road. Cor Santa Cruz in his own backyard that's a helluvan ask. You might like to see a bit more seasoning on Frampton before he attempts that.

There may be some good money in the Quigg fight, you can see that.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:05 pm

This is Golden Boy we're talking about here, they aren't going to send one of their fighters abroad unless it's completely necessary of a no loss situation like Hopkins going to Canada for Pascal.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:55 am

Mcguigan.. Has a gold mine in Frampton..Quigg isn't happening soon!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:38 am

McGuigan's plan must be to get Frampton to the States. McGuigan took on some hard fights himself in his career so I can't see him wrapping Frampton up in cotton wool.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:43 am

That's exactly why he'll be wrapped in cotton wool...

Mcguigan moaned about the way he was handled...Ended up in Court.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:10 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:So Alex you reckon GoldenBoy will rather send LSC to Manchester instead!!??

where did i say Quigg is going to fight LSC? what on earth are you talking about?

Apologies Alex, I was referring to Hearn claiming that they wanted Santa Cruz next but got all confused when talking to you. Brain is still a bit mushy from the weekend so sorry for that.  kiss 

Anyway, Rightly so, the champion shouldn't have to travel but at the end of the day its unfortunatly a business first. Look at Martinez travelling to Frampton when he was a champ. Heck, Martinez had to travel EVERYWHERE as Euro champ.

If Belfast is the place where Santa Cruz is going to make more money along with Goldenboy then thats where they will probably send him.

At present Santa Cruz is hardly a superstar pulling 10K crowds alone. He is still on undercards etc. Whereas Frampton's fans only turn up to watch Frampton and sit in the bar while the undercard is on.

As Truss says, Frampton will be mainly fighting in Belfast for the rest of his career....and why not. He is a superstar over here. He may fight in New York maybe as we seen with John Duddy, he had decent crowds turn up due to the Irish factor.

Either way, if I had to put my money on what happens next it will be Frampton being sent to the US out of his comfort zone. But I don't think this will have a big effect on how the fight pans out. Carl has a maturity about him that makes me think he won't be fazed.

Hearn would't send Quigg anywhere near the US at this point in time. Matchroom are still in the process of building him up with his regular belt. He still hasn't fought a real world class fighter, or a ex world champion etc. Really unproven at world level if we are being honest (although he does look like he belongs there). Frampton on the other hand has destroyed 2 ex world champs and a current one so there is nowhere else for him to go but to the top of the division to take the likes of Santa Cruz on.

Good luck to both Quigg and Frampton is what I say and hopefully they both stay unbeaten and have a super fight in the next 12-18 months!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:42 am

I totally agree with it logistically that Santa Cruz should come over and fight in Ireland and I hope he does, however my point was mainly looking at it from the point that Golden boy seem to be moving things around behind the scenes to stop the fight happening. Mijares was just a normal voluntary fight and then as soon as Frampton went into an eliminator the fight was turned into a mandatory, most probably by Golden boy meaning that Frampton would have to wait even longer. It just seems as though GB are moving things around to slow the fight from happening to me is all.

I would personally say that Salinas is probably better than anything Framptons faced, though in a strange way i would say Kiko Martinez would beat Salinas due to styles.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:30 pm

The impression I get is that rightly or wrongly McGuigan thinks he has a real superstar in Frampton and wants the big fights. I cant say the same with Hearn and Quigg. He has mentioned some big names, talks of unifying the division etc but not totally convinced its not just talk at the moment.

Frampton has a big leg up as he shifts a lot of tickets at home and has the whole Irish thing they love in the States. I dont think Quigg can carry the numbers Frampton can.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:15 pm

He can't.........as Mcguigan himself showed the Northern Irish love fighting and will get behind their man.....

Also worth remembering that Cabrera and Cruz were two out of three of Mcguigan's defences..........Nelson was persona non grata..

The decent defence Taylor had to fight with the thermostat turned up to 130 and quit after 8.....

Just some perspective..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:19 pm

'Persona non grata,' eh? Looking to join Superfly in the pseudo-intellectuals club, Truss? Good to have you back anyway, beefster.

You've just reminded me of the Nelson's post-fight interview after he poleaxed Cowdell. "I want McGuigan, I want her! I call McGuigan 'her', because he's a little girl. And that little girl, she doesn't want to fight me!"

Something along those lines, anyhow!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:22 pm

Miss Quiggle...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 22 Apr 2014, 6:45 pm

Quigg and Frampton are similar in power and fitness. Carl is the better all around boxer and has more pedigree. After close 3 or 4 rounds, Carl adjusts and kos Quigg in 7 or 8 rounds

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 22 Apr 2014, 8:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Miss Quiggle...

Fine work beefster. So with Barry in Carl's corner we'd have quiggle v mcgiggle?

Not seeing that make the posters somehow but hey

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 06 May 2014, 11:45 pm

Eddie Hearn has said that they have beaten Frampton in the battle to get Santa Cruz next. Santa Cruz has said they are eyeing Quigg first and will look atFrampton after. Hearn has also said he will meet with Framptons team to discuss a Quigg v Frampton fight but if that cant be made then it will be Quigg not Frampton that faces Santa Cruz. Any of these three fights being made would be good news.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 07 May 2014, 9:56 am

Id fight Quigg before Frampton as well if i were LSC! Grab another world title against an average fighter as opposed to fighting a very very good one in Carl.

LSC vs Frampton in a big unification fight end of year or early next year.

Quigg vs Frampton probably wont happen anytime soon as soon as he is picked apart by a world ranked fighter.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 07 May 2014, 10:49 am

I think Quigg may end up getting LSC first as well to be honest; if the money is right I think we have seen that Hearn is happy for his fighters to go abroad...he still takes a percentage and he doesn't have the added costs of running the show himself...

With regards to Frampton it wouldn't shock me to see him defend once more on Boxnation and then see Goldenboy approach him and Barry. De La Hoya & Schaefer have often discussed expanding their network over to the UK and Carl would be the perfect choice to do that. They have a few Irish boxers in there stable already and with the Irish fan contingent out in America he would be an easy sell over there also. That would make a Frampton v Santa Cruz fight far less risky as if they lose one 'future' cash cow they make another.

Onto the question of the OP; Whilst I though both were hard to split a few years back, like Chris said Frampton has come on leaps and bounds since then whilst Quigg hasn't changed that much about himself. He is strong and has power but I'm not even sure they are attributes where he has that much of an edge on Frampton anymore. Carl is far more of a complete and polished fighter and the fact there are so many dimensions to his boxing leads me to think he would just be too much for Quigg. When Scott isn't controlling the pace of the fight he struggles...as we have seen against Salinas and in the early goings against Arthur.

Personally think Carl would box on the back foot and frustrate Quigg in the early goings before gradually putting his foot on the accelerator from the 5/6th round becoming the aggressor and stopping him late on.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 10:54 am

The fight is a non-starter..............One Mcguigan has a goldmine in Frampton and knows 15,000 will watch this kid hit a heavy bag....(If Chisora is available)..

Hearn is running low on champions too..........and the going rate for a superbantam big showdown is peanuts anyway.......Because unfortunately the majority don't like fighting midgets...

Hence the reason Tubbs got $1.3 million for Witherspoon........While Chavez and Rosario got $400,000 bucks a piece for their "superfight" two years later and lightweight is more marketable than 122.......

A scribe once wrote "There is no such thing as a superfight below 135"........He was wrong of course with the Barrera-Morales fights but he did have a point..

Then again two of the three were above 122........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 07 May 2014, 11:16 am

Frampton wants Santa Cruz, who wants Quigg; Rigondeaux wants Frampton but nobody wants Rigondeaux.

It could be a golden era at 122 but I don't think we're going to see the fights made before Rigo and LSC drift off to featherweight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 11:19 am

I agree.........Though I think Frampton could upset him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 May 2014, 12:05 pm

When did Eddie get so interested in Santa Cruz? Was it when Frampton was close to getting a fight with Santa Cruz that Eddie decided to put the kibosh on it?

Matchroom are gagging for Quigg v Frampton.....they need headline fights for the Sky shows.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 12:08 pm

You were saying Eddie was ducking Frampton a while back......

Poor old Eddie damned whatever he does..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 May 2014, 12:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You were saying Eddie was ducking Frampton a while back......

Poor old Eddie damned whatever he does..

Keep it real man......no tall tales.

Frampton wants Santa Cruz and has done so for at least 6 months. McGuigan's been in the States to negotiate a fight.

Eddie jumped in the middle of it as he knows he needs a fight of interest when the hype from the Froch v Groves fight dies at the end of the month. Quigg v Frampton it is. Good little scrap.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 07 May 2014, 12:29 pm

I don't think it will be a good scrap though. I think that Frampton would tear him to bits and make him look below his current level of average.

It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a career ending beating like Calzaghe vs Lacy.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 May 2014, 12:47 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:I don't think it will be a good scrap though. I think that Frampton would tear him to bits and make him look below his current level of average.

It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a career ending beating like Calzaghe vs Lacy.

Eddie won't mind once he's making good coin.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 May 2014, 1:07 pm

There should be about 20 avatars on this page, and maybe 20 different advertising images, so it counts.

WARNING IF YOU STOP READING YOU
WILL DIE TONIGHT. Hi I'm Mike. I'm 11
years old but I'm dead now. I had no
friends... If you do not post this to 20
pictures you will die tonight at exactly
11:59pm.
DON'T BELIEVE ME?
A guy named Jake read this and
laughed later that night I took a knife
from his kitchen and stabbed him to
death. You don't wanna be Jake do
you?
A girl named Sandra posted it to only
10 pictures SILLY GIRL SHE'S ONLY 11
BUT OH WELL. That day she saw me
and ran to her grandma's house... She
asked her could she use her
bathroom...but guess what i was
already there
She's now in a coma
A smart guy named Phil read this and
posted it to 20 pictures because he was
scared... The next morning he won the
lottery
And his girlfriend accepted his
marriage.
0 Pictures- Death
10 Pics- A Coma
20- pics something good will happen
TIC TOCK
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 1:12 pm

Strongback wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:I don't think it will be a good scrap though. I think that Frampton would tear him to bits and make him look below his current level of average.

Amazing how you always know what Eddie is thinking..

Good job he obviously doesn't take you seriously like most on here. As the amount of times you've libelled him you'd be living on the street..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 07 May 2014, 3:21 pm

Very, very disappointed in Leo Santa Cruz if he does end up fighting Scott Quigg.

LSC keeps saying he wants to fight the best. Said he wanted Abner Mares, obviously Mares got nailed by Jhonny.

Then he's been saying he wants to fight rigondeaux and Frampton, but now will end up fighting a stiff like Quigg...

Only logically reason to fight Quigg would be to gain the paper WBA strap that Quigg has, as it would open up a unification with rigondeaux.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 3:23 pm

Quigg isn't a stiff........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 07 May 2014, 3:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Quigg isn't a stiff........
If he faces rigondeaux, Santa Cruz or Frampton

You'll see what a second tier fighter Quigg is...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 May 2014, 3:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Good job he obviously doesn't take you seriously like most on here.  As the amount of times you've libelled him you'd be living on the street..

Coming from a guy who spent 5 years trying to run Lennox Lewis' reputation into the ground and arguing bitterly that he isn't British.  You have form son.

Anyway you know what Eddie is.  I just made an very obvious observation.  Eddie knows what a dirty deed is.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 07 May 2014, 3:50 pm

Quigg isnt a stiff but he is a good bit behind the likes of Santa Cruz and Frampton, never mind the real WBA champion Rigondeaux

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 May 2014, 4:49 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Good job he obviously doesn't take you seriously like most on here.  As the amount of times you've libelled him you'd be living on the street..

Coming from a guy who spent 5 years trying to run Lennox Lewis' reputation into the ground and arguing bitterly that he isn't British.  You have form son.

Anyway you know what Eddie is.  I just made an very obvious observation.  Eddie knows what a dirty deed is.

Yep I don't rate Lewis you're right that's why he is top 12 on my Heavy list..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 07 May 2014, 6:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Yep I don't rate Lewis you're right that's why he is top 12 on my Heavy list..

Only 12, sounds like a case of damn with faint praise.

Anyway I still remember your Lennox wumming threads.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 08 May 2014, 12:24 am

It suprises me that most on here think that Quigg is a total nobody, he's an extremely good fighter, that is still improving and has a fantastic work ethic to improving himself, he's still getting better. Whilst I think he will struggle with Frampton it really is nowhere from the realms of possibility actually beating Frampton. Just the other week nearly everyone dismissed John Molina Jr. against Lucas Matthysse, granted he didn't win but he knocked Matthysse down twice and gave the man absolute hell to go through to get the win. What I'm saying is, write someone with genuine skill, a huge will to win and serious punching power off at your own risk.

Leo Santa Cruz is good, but honestly I think his come forward style really would play into the hands of Quigg who loves a guy coming at him, Quigg most certainly hits hard, fast and accurate enough to seriously upset Santa Cruz. People dismiss Salinas as some third rate chump, which is madness, the man was severely avoided and will continue to be, he's a genuinely very good world class boxer. In fact I'd go as far to say that LSC hasn't fought a SBW that is as good as Salinas; Terrazes, Seda and Mijares his 3 standout wins at SBW and I think Salinas is a more difficult fight than all of them for Santa Cruz.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 08 May 2014, 12:39 am

Actually agree with you on Salinas, Alex. I picked him to beat Quigg after watching a couple of his fights. Found myself thinking, "Quigg's really going to be in bother here."

Strange feeling on the night of the fight. Most people were critical of Quigg and thought it was a mild embarrassment that he only managed a draw on what was supposed to be his proper coronation night....And there I was actually quite impressed and thinking he'd got a pretty creditable result against a good fighter. Just one of those things, I guess.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 May 2014, 1:03 pm

Not as critical as Halling was of Salinas.........

"He's not a world champion If he wins it for me Jim"..........."His spoiling is a disgrace"

I think Halling substitutes as Eddie Hearn's butler between shows..

The guy is the worst commentator I've ever heard.. Remember Geale-Barker..

"He's counting Jim, He's counting Barker that's a disgrace It was a low shot"

Thirty seconds later....."It was legitimate we couldn't see it because of the referee"..

Why was it a disgrace then you stupid turd !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 08 May 2014, 1:58 pm

Quigg getting credit for struggling like hell against Salinas?

Do me a favour. Salinas is a second tier Cuban fighter. And he had the very average Quigg in all sorts of confusion.

What would Quigg be like against rigondeaux, if he was clueless against salinas?

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 May 2014, 2:27 pm

Disagree Quigg had the beating of Salinas.......

I thought Gallagher got it wrong like Bellew's camp did against Stevo........You can't give early rounds away like that because sometimes the rest of the fight doesn't play out the way you want...

Poor tactics.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 08 May 2014, 4:39 pm

Yeah, I think it was a tactical error more than anything, I still had Quigg a round up over Salinas by the end personally as well, and was well in control by the end. Don't think it's that much of a huge stick to beat him with because Salinas is a genuinely very good fighter, and like I say, better than Seda and Terrazes and the like.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next