The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Pal Joey
kingraf
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 3 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

First topic message reminder :

And I am beating Galted.

Life is good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Once got chatting to an Aussie overseas player with our Aussie after a game. He was Warner-esque.

Asked him if he was looking forward to getting home. He replied ' Aww look mate I'm just looking forward to get back to the country and the quarry. I just like to crush rocks. Big rocks, small rocks, medium size rocks. Aw look.'

Our Aussie from Melbourne was mortified.

I used to live in a sharehouse in Willesden Green and we'd have the odd Aussie bird staying for a while.  One of them had a boyfriend called "Bodge" and another one had a boyfriend who was a roo-shooter.  It came out as "riew-shooda" and no-one would believe her when she explained what it was.  Both the boyfriends immediately became my heroes even though I'd met neither.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 3 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:05 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Who the f*ck has soup for breakfast?

Me, had no time to go to the canteen, had a cup'o'soup on my desk and a roll I was going to use at lunch.

Raf had chips for breakfast

Ah, ok.  Cup of soup is slightly more acceptable.  I thought you meant a full on bowl of soup.

Raf also hangs around gay threads and I have reason to believe he once microwaved a small puppy just for a laugh.  He is not the beacon of normality you seem to think.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:07 pm

Tino wrote:He is not the beacon of normality you seem to think

I in no way think that Raf is any kind of barometer for normality (though it is all relative on this board) I was just diverting attention from the soup, the soup was shiite too.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:16 pm

You should try Batchelors Slim a Soup (chicken flavour). It is shiite to the point of being inedible/unpotable.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:20 pm

Two cheese and onion rolls (by Sainsbury's), two oranges, an apple, a slab of chocolate brownie and a crème egg.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:20 pm

Anything with slim in it annoys me, like drinks with "hint of" in them as well. They all generally taste incredibly underwhelming, and when you start with a pretty low whelm, it guarantees annoyance

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:21 pm

Union Cane wrote:Two cheese and onion rolls (by Sainsbury's), two oranges, an apple, a slab of chocolate brownie and a crème egg.

He is back again.

You staying this time?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm

I shouldn't think so.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:24 pm

Union Cane wrote:I shouldn't think so.

Shame.

I wouldn't ever admit it, but I miss you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:26 pm

I want to have a Doner Kebab in the morning but no shops are open, I remember student days where i'd be half asleep and reach across the bed for a packet of Worcester sauce/salt n vinegar or Doritos 50/50 then fall asleep with my hand in the bag.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:27 pm

Got to be loving the new thread split then Tino?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:29 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Got to be loving the new thread split then Tino?
How can he - its like Gattuso claiming he had a bath. Complete myth that Tino ever beat anybody

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:31 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Got to be loving the new thread split then Tino?

It is beautiful and poetic, Rick.

I love Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:33 pm

Tino wrote:It is beautiful and poetic, Rick.

I love Galted

I await his response, but I think you were due one...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Apr 2014, 1:33 pm

It's fair to say that I'm a bit disappointed with the split.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:07 pm

Galted wrote:
I used to live in a sharehouse in Willesden Green and we'd have the odd Aussie bird staying for a while.  One of them had a boyfriend called "Bodge" and another one had a boyfriend who was a roo-shooter.  It came out as "riew-shooda" and no-one would believe her when she explained what it was.  Both the boyfriends immediately became my heroes even though I'd met neither.

Mate from Aus is turning up today for the new season. Missus wouldn't let him live with me this time. He had drinking induced liver issues over the winter which I suspect influenced her decision.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:22 pm

Aww look mate, no dramas but me liver looks like a busted up watermelon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:42 pm

Union only ever reappears when I am not around, was I a less secure man I could begin to think there was a correlation.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:44 pm

Rowley wrote:

Union only ever reappears when I am not around, was I a less secure man I could begin to think there was a correlation.

Perhaps you are Union?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm

It's possible Tina, however his reverse linear threads suggests a certain flair for maths and the like and I have always been rubbish at all that, so I have my doubts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm

I miss Julius.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:52 pm

Where is the old boy?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:54 pm

I also miss Julius.

I miss Glated.

And I miss Ill Gia.

And Trottb came back before vanishing again. I like him.

Mixed emotions here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:55 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:He is not the beacon of normality you seem to think

I in no way think that Raf is any kind of barometer for normality (though it is all relative on this board) I was just diverting attention from the soup, the soup was shiite too.

Donated blood today, which doubles up as my quarterly medical check up. My resting heart rate is 52, about 20 beats below the normal amount, Can't hold yourselves to my lofty standards, lads. Never killed a puppy, but I may have accompanied an engaged mate to a gay bar, ostensibly so he could "make sure"

Also, just had tuna spread and cottage cheese. It was quite difficult to down that, I'll tell you
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:57 pm

I miss TopHat and Superfly as well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:58 pm

You need to be a bit more of a glass half full type Tina, yes folk are missing but raf appears to have joined on a regular basis and seems genuine keen to put hash tag gate behind him. Linebreaker comes on occasion, albeit with posts way too long for me to actually read, Union will probably post more if I am not around. Try and look for the positives old boy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:59 pm

Rowley wrote:You need to be a bit more of a glass half full type Tina, yes folk are missing but raf appears to have joined on a regular basis and seems genuine keen to put hash tag gate behind him. Linebreaker comes on occasion, albeit with posts way too long for me to actually read, Union will probably post more if I am not around. Try and look for the positives old boy.

Have you ever read a Fourth Lion post?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:01 pm

Jeff wrote:You need to be a bit more of a glass half full type Tina

Or in seans case, even if the glass is half empty, it just means you are half a pint closer to your next full pint! So all good.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:02 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:You need to be a bit more of a glass half full type Tina, yes folk are missing but raf appears to have joined on a regular basis and seems genuine keen to put hash tag gate behind him. Linebreaker comes on occasion, albeit with posts way too long for me to actually read, Union will probably post more if I am not around. Try and look for the positives old boy.

Have you ever read a Fourth Lion post?

As the bulk of them frequently involve pointing out to top hat he is talking out of his rear end I tend to read them all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:03 pm

Rowley wrote:Union will probably post more if I am not around.

But then I would miss you, Jeffrey.

I am not sure who I like more between you and Union. It is like choosing between having genital warts or herpes. Not an easy choice.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:03 pm

4L isn't too bad, Mike Selig a French coach who used to frequent the cricket board, used to post odysseys. I do miss him though...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:06 pm

kingraf wrote:4L isn't too bad,

Apart from that utterly ridiculous coffee thread. How feckless do you have to be not to be able to order a normal coffee in Starbucks. It really isn't difficult.

I thought young people were hopeless but apparently it is just everyone, irrespective of age.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:11 pm

I don't drink coffee.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:13 pm

kingraf wrote:I don't drink coffee.

Nor does 4L.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:41 pm

lord, just remembered Martin Murray's fight is this tonight. Dont even know the price, but I fully expect Ajax excessive gouge, most likely under the guise of watching an "elite fighter''
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:42 pm

You can say that again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm

Your author badge does not show up on my computer Tina, has Adam mentioned whether you are due a change yet?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:47 pm

I've told you Tino, as accidental as double posts are, I absolutely cannot afford to delete them
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:57 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Apart from that utterly ridiculous coffee thread.  How feckless do you have to be not to be able to order a normal coffee in Starbucks.  It really isn't difficult.

I reckon I could have missed out on a day of my life waiting for arsefaces buying coffee at pubs.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:00 pm

I don't drink coffee
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:01 pm

I don't drink coffee
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:01 pm

Rowley wrote:Your author badge does not show up on my computer Tina, has Adam mentioned whether you are due a change yet?

Nope. It still shows up on mine.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:05 pm

I see it too
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:06 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Apart from that utterly ridiculous coffee thread.  How feckless do you have to be not to be able to order a normal coffee in Starbucks.  It really isn't difficult.

I reckon I could have missed out on a day of my life waiting for arsefaces buying coffee at pubs.

I hate people who drink coffee in pubs.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:09 pm

kingraf wrote:I see it too

I think Jeff is slowly being phased out. This is Adam's way of saying "thanks for all your work, Jeff, but it's best you move on".

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
kingraf wrote:I see it too

I think Jeff is slowly being phased out.  This is Adam's way of saying "thanks for all your work, Jeff, but it's best you move on".

You might be right, do find since the demotion I don't seem to be involved in very much. I am down to three PM's a day from Truss.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:13 pm

He has never PM'd me once.

He has called me a moron and an idiot numerous times but no PM's.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:25 pm

You do get insulted quite a lot Tina, from a number of different people. Common denominator and all that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:27 pm

Rowley wrote:You do get insulted quite a lot Tina, from a number of different people. Common denominator and all that.

I know, it's a wonder I stick around.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 23 Apr 2014, 4:31 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:You do get insulted quite a lot Tina, from a number of different people. Common denominator and all that.

I know, it's a wonder I stick around.
 Stick and Stones may break your bones but a lack of comprehension means words will never hurt you

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next