The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

First topic message reminder :

And I am beating Galted.

Life is good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr 2014, 9:36 am

That Is a rather tragic story, and has ensured my Monday remains firmly in the blue
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:37 am

Way to kill a thread sean, you have not lost your touch...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:54 am

Lunchtime. Had some wild spinach, a throat lozenge, cough mixture, and and a nasal spray..
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:56 am

I'm still recovering from the idea that kr approves of Tino's jumpers. It's like a strange parallel universe where the normal rules of taste don't apply.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

Watched Reign of Fire last night. Not as good as I remember. We decided it had potential to be a great film but they spoffed the budget on 3 actors, a helicopter and some pretty decent Dragonry. Just lacked a bit of depth.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

seanmichaels wrote:I have a tragic animal story......

On saturday my Dad's missus was walking her dogs when she noticed one of her rescue exmoor ponies had a glistening 'arris. When she went over to investigate she stumbled upon a newborn foal. Total surprise although the mother had fattened up a bit. Anyway they got in touch to tell me they'd named it after my (non blood) niece and how happy they were. I obviously told my niece and we arranged to take her down next weekend to see it. Unbeknownst to me the foal started having difficulties on saturday night and by the morning had to be put down. Turns out it was a wrong'un and they couldn't do anything. Shame as the step mum had just lost her hand reared sheep (lived in the house for first couple of years) earlier in the week and they thought the foal was some kind of blessing.

It would have been even more tragic if you didn't use the phrase "glistening 'arris".
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 10:58 am

kingraf wrote:Lunchtime. Had some wild spinach, a throat lozenge, cough mixture, and and a nasal spray..

Big Jesse. Isn't it warm in Joburg?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:01 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm still recovering from the idea that kr approves of Tino's jumpers. It's like a strange parallel universe where the normal rules of taste don't apply.

I don't think he limited it to my jumpers, he approved of the whole package.

I think I will go with the opinion of a hip young chap rather than that an old dude who smells of cabbage.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:05 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm still recovering from the idea that kr approves of Tino's jumpers. It's like a strange parallel universe where the normal rules of taste don't apply.

I own two jumpers. They are warm, and depending on the pattern, stylish in a retro way.

I was also referring to his style in general, rather than just Tim jumpers.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:06 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I don't think he limited it to my jumpers, he approved of the whole package.

He probably remembers his Geography teacher with a degree of fondness,

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:07 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I don't think he limited it to my jumpers, he approved of the whole package.

You've ended with a comma. Anything else to add?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:08 am

you're a cnut.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:11 am

seanmichaels wrote:
kingraf wrote:Lunchtime. Had some wild spinach, a throat lozenge, cough mixture, and and a nasal spray..

Big Jesse. Isn't it warm in Joburg?

It is now, but there was a bit of a cold front last week Monday-Wednesday, and I went to a primary school for some reason on Tuesday, filthy kids probably gave me something. Donating blood probably didn't help.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:20 am

seanmichaels wrote:

My geography teacher was a rather large Afrikaans lady. Can't really remember her dress sense as I wasn't in class enough.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:25 am

kingraf wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

My geography teacher was a rather large Afrikaans lady. Can't really remember her dress sense as I wasn't in class enough.

That is remarkable. I am a rather large Afrikaan lady.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:30 am

My Geography teacher's shirt always came undone at the bottom and his hairy gut would show. Minging.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:33 am

We had an afrikaans keeper who sounded like Tony Greig. Favourite line I've ever heard on a cricket field. Batsmen edged it and wasn't given out. Got a bit of stick for a few overs. Finally went up to the keeper to apologise. Our keeper in his best Tony Greig accent responded - c'mon boy, don't go all soft c0ck on me now.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:34 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
kingraf wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

That is remarkable.  I am a rather large Afrikaan lady.

Klein agtervolgende draadplukker.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:41 am

kingraf wrote:

I own two jumpers. They are warm, and depending on the pattern, stylish in a retro way.

Who is Tim Jumpers?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr 2014, 12:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Who is Tim Jumpers?

Look Julius, I'm on my deathbed, or rather deathcubicle, allow my dodgy spelling. I meant his jumpers.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 28 Apr 2014, 12:38 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Who is Tim Jumpers?

Aran’s brother.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:06 pm

Aran Jumpers?

http://www.aranjumper.co.uk/index.html

No?

Ham Salad Bun – Made it myself, unfortunately during transit the cucumber had escaped its protective layer of lettuce and had come into contact with the bread, rendering said bread slightly soggy in places. Not pleasant.

Cherry Tomatoes x 5 – Ok I suppose, one was a little bit soft.

Apple – Nothing to report.

Smarties Chocolate Egg (& some Smarties!) – Passed without incident. I sometimes have an issue with Smarties whereby upon mastication the shell will crack and shards of sugary coating will stab me in the gums, but this didn’t happen.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:09 pm

Union Cane wrote:Aran Jumpers?

http://www.aranjumper.co.uk/index.html

No?

Ham Salad Bun – Made it myself, unfortunately during transit the cucumber had escaped its protective layer of lettuce and had come into contact with the bread, rendering said bread slightly soggy in places. Not pleasant.

Cherry Tomatoes x 5 – Ok I suppose, one was a little bit soft.

Apple – Nothing to report.

Smarties Chocolate Egg (& some Smarties!) – Passed without incident. I sometimes have an issue with Smarties whereby upon mastication the shell will crack and shards of sugary coating will stab me in the gums, but this didn’t happen.

Were they the mini-Smarties that generally come in the Smarties eggs? They are less likely to hurt your gums. Much softer.

Did you buy an imaginary egg for TIMC?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:13 pm

They were indeed the smaller ones, excellent deduction.

I bought her one of those Lintdtt rabbit things, with a ribbon and a bell. Ding-a-ling!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:13 pm

Union Cane wrote:Smarties Chocolate Egg (& some Smarties!) – Passed without incident.

Already? You've only just eaten it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:19 pm

Didn't mean it like that, I would never dream of having a sit-downer at work.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:20 pm

Union Cane wrote:Didn't mean it like that, I would never dream of having a sit-downer at work.

Why an earth not? You're getting paid to sh*t. I force at least one out even if I don't need it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm

Union Cane wrote:Didn't mean it like that, I would never dream of having a sit-downer at work.

Why an earth not?  You're getting paid to sh*t.  I force at least one out even if I don't need it.

I have a collection of Times Killer Sudokus which help me to pass time and faeces in the work bogs.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:24 pm

Lintdt is damned expensive, thought it's the one you buy for the mistress, giving the missus a Snickers or something?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:24 pm

Galted wrote:

Why an earth not?  You're getting paid to sh*t.  I force at least one out even if I don't need it.

I have a collection of Times Killer Sudokus which help me to pass time and faeces in the work bogs.

Off for a combined sudoku/dump right now.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:25 pm

With you on Tina, I went for a ten minute sit the other day just because someone was annoying me. Did not even want one, that is how rock and roll I am.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:30 pm

Never done it, and never will. The thought of it makes my skin crawl. I did get caught short with an attack of the trots once, and still got in my car and went home to do it.

Only just made it mind.

Walked upstairs like a penguin.

Spla-dooosh.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:37 pm

Union Cane wrote:Never done it, and never will. The thought of it makes my skin crawl. I did get caught short with an attack of the trots once, and still got in my car and went home to do it.

Luckily we have 3 bogs so I can use the groundfloor. Totally with you otherwise. Didn't poo at my bird's flat for 6 months. Used to walk to the public toilet round the corner.

Got caught short yesterday at the cricket club. They took the pavilion keys from me last year so can only get in the garage / storeroom. Had to do it in the storeroom into a plastic bag I'd got out of the car. By a strange coincidence I'd also bought 6 packs of kleenex tissues the day before. Quite a difficult operation crapping in a bag though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:42 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Quite a difficult operation crapping in a bag though.

Just crap on the floor then use the bag to pick it up.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Never done it, and never will. The thought of it makes my skin crawl. I did get caught short with an attack of the trots once, and still got in my car and went home to do it.

Luckily we have 3 bogs so I can use the groundfloor. Totally with you otherwise. Didn't poo at my bird's flat for 6 months. Used to walk to the public toilet round the corner.

Got caught short yesterday at the cricket club. They took the pavilion keys from me last year so can only get in the garage / storeroom. Had to do it in the storeroom into a plastic bag I'd got out of the car. By a strange coincidence I'd also bought 6 packs of kleenex tissues the day before. Quite a difficult operation crapping in a bag though.

... and yet going in the convenient and relatively sanitary facilities provided out of the goodness of your employer's heart is somehow wrong.

Suspect you and Union have different motives for your anal retentiveness. Union is clearly some kind of anal clean freak and doesn't want his bare @rse to sit where someone else has sat. You seem to be living in perpetual fear that you will be outed as producing sh1t that wouldn't be out of place on a farm.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:52 pm

laughing
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:03 pm

superflyweight wrote: You seem to be living in perpetual fear that you will be outed as producing sh1t that wouldn't be out of place on a farm.

Just avoids uncomfortable situations. I went for a lash on the second floor (where I work)last week and the office woofter came in and stood at the urinal next to me. Completely lost the ability to urine until he'd finished and moved away.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:07 pm

For the last time, sean, you can't get AIDS from crossing the beams when you p1ss.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:12 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
superflyweight wrote: You seem to be living in perpetual fear that you will be outed as producing sh1t that wouldn't be out of place on a farm.

Just avoids uncomfortable situations. I went for a lash on the second floor (where I work)last week and the office woofter came in and stood at the urinal next to me. Completely lost the ability to urine until he'd finished and moved away.

Flashbacks?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:16 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Flashbacks?

Splashbacks?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:18 pm

Jules wrote:Splashbacks?

Asscracks?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:24 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Well?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:25 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Jules wrote:Splashbacks?

Asscracks?

Brass tacks?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:26 pm

Flasher Mac's

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:26 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Well?

It's a killer Sudoku, tino. Give him an hour or two just to get started.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Well?

It's a killer Sudoku, tino. Give him an hour or two just to get started.

It's been an hour. I am worried he has done an Elvis.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:29 pm

My definition of an Elvis may be slightly different to yours....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:31 pm

seanmichaels wrote:My definition of an Elvis may be slightly different to yours....

Go on then?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:32 pm

I sometimes "do an Elvis" when playing golf, but that is probably entirely different again.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:36 pm

seanmichaels wrote:My definition of an Elvis may be slightly different to yours....

Go on then?

when I was about 25 I started seeing this bird in her early 40's. She was quite experienced. One night she was looking after her mates flat so I went over. Before I knew it I was on the bed lying on my back and she was on top doing the elvis.

The elvis is the dance he does in the suspicious minds video where he does a sort of groin stretch (one leg straight the other bent low to the ground).

Last edited by seanmichaels on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum