The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Pal Joey
kingraf
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

First topic message reminder :

And I am beating Galted.

Life is good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:21 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I see Jeff has raced off to set up a Hoskins thread on the film section.  

Claiming he read it in the The Guardian when the news clearly broke on the Culture Cup first.

He is so needy.

I think he's feeling threatened by Union's presence and is seeking to deny him any glory.  Although I'm also a bit disappointed in him I might help him destroy Union now that he's stopped ridiculing my dress sense and allows me to call him "Jeff".

Union is a bit of a hero of mine but since the golf revelation, I think he does need destroying.  Over and over again.

I am a bit upset with Jeff.  He hasn't started an RIP thread for my mate who died.  Just Bob Hoskins because he is all famous and stuff.

I'll sort it out, Tino. Nothing like gaining sympathy when you're not really upset so you can take full advantage.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:22 pm

kingraf wrote:I thought you two weren't close?

We weren't. 200 miles is a long way.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:31 pm

Lol.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:33 pm

Anyone know the most effective way to poison a neighbour's tree?
How long does the copper nail method take?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:35 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Anyone know the most effective way to poison a neighbour's tree?

You can buy a solution that will do it. Give me a few minutes.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:36 pm

There was a chap who was fed up with his neighbours Leylandii (?) as it blocked all his light so he started Wee weeing on it every night, and eventually it died. I think it took quite a while though.

(Disclaimer : I may have dreamt this.)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:37 pm

I only own a small pot cactus.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:38 pm

I am a bit upset with Jeff.  He hasn't started an RIP thread for my mate who died.  Just Bob Hoskins because he is all famous and stuff.

If he is a friend of yours I almost certainly don't like him and as such cannot even feign that I mourn his passing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:39 pm

I killled my lawn with some moss killer. Looks like I've undertaken some kind of scorched earth policy on my own land. I like to think that Stalin would be proud of me.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:40 pm

Product called Graslan should do it.

www.dowagrosciences.com.au

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:41 pm

Rowley wrote:

If he is a friend of yours I almost certainly don't like him and as such cannot even feign that I mourn his passing.

You would have liked him. He lived in Sheffield for a bit.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:41 pm

Rowley wrote:

I'm actually quite upset at the death of Tino's mate.

Hmmmm, apparently I can feign that I mourn his passing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I'm actually quite upset at the death of Tino's mate.

Hmmmm, apparently I can feign that I mourn his passing.

You would have definitely liked him.  Very keen tennis player.  Sh*t, but very keen.  Think he may well have been his local club's treasurer or something like that.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : You ain't seen me.)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:I killled my lawn with some moss killer.  Looks like I've undertaken some kind of scorched earth policy on my own land.  I like to think that Stalin would be proud of me.  

Moss goes black when you treat it. If it is all black it is quite possible you didn't really have much grass.

If you want a nice lawn you need light first and foremost. Moss will grow where there isn't light beacuse of trees and or north facing aspects. If you can't get light to it there's no point in throwing money at it with treatments whether chemical or mechanical.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:Anyone know the most effective way to poison a neighbour's tree?

You can buy a solution that will do it. Give me a few minutes.

Glyphosate? Looks good.

Was over at Mum's place this morning. This tree...it's about 12m tall now. The neighbour (he's a bit of a dill!) was told it wouldn't grow very much about 20 years ago. It has these horrible sickle-shaped orange leaves which always blow in the wrong direction. A couple of years ago we asked them to cut off some lower branches. Should see how much it has grown back. Twice as bad now. Driving Mum spare. Need to do something when they go up the coast to the holiday house in Copacabana.

Apologies for such a boring white middle-class "problem", raf. (oh the suffering...)  It's all getting very serious now! Laugh

Last edited by Linebreaker on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm

Tino's still in shock. What other explanation for leaving the 'd' out of "liked" and the apostrophe out of "club's"?

I suppose he could just be a buffoon.

Edit - then he edits the post to put the 'd' back in, but still no apostrophe. The act of a desperate man. I feel your pain Tino. But I won't feel anything else of yours, no matter how often you ask me.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:49 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Product called Graslan should do it.

www.dowagrosciences.com.au

Cheers mate. I'll keep an eye out for it. It think we are the World Capital when it comes to all things outdoors. I just don't know where to start!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:50 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino's still in shock. What other explanation for leaving the 'd' out of "liked" and the apostrophe out of "club's"?

I come on here for some emotional support having lost a friend and all I get is sh*t from you and Jeff. At your age, you'll soon be losing a friend a week so don't expect any sympathy from me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:53 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tino's still in shock. What other explanation for leaving the 'd' out of "liked" and the apostrophe out of "club's"?

I come on here for some emotional support having lost a friend and all I get is sh*t from you and Jeff. At your age, you'll soon be losing a friend a week so don't expect any sympathy from me.

Joke's on you. I don't have any friends.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

They're dead already?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:55 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

They're dead already?

They are to me. B@stards.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:58 pm

Been to a few too many funerals as well lately. Mainly parents of mates. 3 or 4 in quick succesion. All very sad really.

Geez... it only seems like yesterday it was all 21st Birthdays and weddings... now all this?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:02 pm

joke's on the lot of you... Haven't even started my round of 21st birthday. Unfortunately, hate with weddings. I have that bartender

Last edited by kingraf on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:05 pm

kingraf wrote:I have that bartender

Does he get a say in it?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:06 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
kingraf wrote:I have that bartender

Does he get a say in it?

Darn, I really thought I could edit it before anyone saw that.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:07 pm

Didn't get sh*t from me. You just got a point blank refusal to pretend I care. Honesty is better than feigned sympathy every day of the week.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:09 pm

I come on here for some emotional support having lost a friend and all I get is sh*t from you and Jeff.

As an aside, how did you make funeral attire look sh*t?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:12 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
I come on here for some emotional support having lost a friend and all I get is sh*t from you and Jeff.

Ask your missus to choose it for him?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:13 pm

I sense a subtle shift in the atmosphere of the thread.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:13 pm

Union Cane wrote:I sense a subtle shift in the atmosphere of the thread.

Who do you think you are? Yoda?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:15 pm

Vituperative

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:15 pm

I just wore a suit.  With a tie.  Very understated, very classy.

Seany, if you're suggesting that I normally look sh*t, you're way off the mark flower.  You're the one who lets your girlfriend dress you in ass-hugging trousers and retirement jackets.

And Jeff, f*ck you.

Very witty riposte to Sean, Jeff.  My old pal.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:16 pm

kingraf wrote:joke's on the lot of you... Haven't even started my round of 21st birthday. Unfortunately, have with weddings. I have that bartender

So he's set the date already? Any chance of her changing her mind or is it best just let her go if you haven't already?

Ask Leila to accompany you... and conspicuously feed each other grapes (or whatever's on the tables) during the speeches. Then run off together giggling with cake in your hands.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:16 pm

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

She recommended some T-Shirts for her sister to buy me for my birthday. One was turquiose with attractive white print which I liked. The other one was plain red number with a button pocket on the chest. I'd look like f'king Noddy wearing it. Couldn't believe I had to smile and say 'I really like it in front of my mate'.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:18 pm

Seany, if you're suggesting that I normally look sh*t, you're way of the mark flower.  You're the one who lets your girlfriend dress you in ass-hugging trousers and retirement jackets.

I have a pair of skinny white cords that she likes me to wear. I used to dress like a hard bast@rd back in the day. This is what relationships do to you.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:20 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Seany, if you're suggesting that I normally look sh*t, you're way of the mark flower.  You're the one who lets your girlfriend dress you in ass-hugging trousers and retirement jackets.

I have a pair of skinny white cords  that she likes me to wear. I used to dress like a hard bast@rd back in the day. This is what relationships do to you.

No they don't. You are just soft in the head and let her boss you around.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:24 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

I have a pair of skinny white cords  that she likes me to wear. I used to dress like a hard bast@rd back in the day. This is what relationships do to you.

I got a massive bollocking then the haughty treatment last night for saying that Crime and Punishment is a load of drivel. Was made even more annoying by the fact that she mentioned going out as her pilates was cancelled and allowed me to choose then said no to all my suggestions until I got to Korean.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:27 pm

No they don't.  You are just soft in the head and let her boss you around.

Quite true. I remember what I was wearing the day I met her.

Baggy-ish jeans (Stone Roses issue), Blue adidas campus with yellow stripes, blue adidas top with white stripes. Now half the time I go out with her I look like James f'king May.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:28 pm

Lots of great Korean restaurants around here. I must say their food is interesting. Some of the hottest and spiciest stuff I ever eaten. Still don't know what half of it was... but it went down very well indeed. Did you have a similar experience last night (apart from the stone bowl burns)?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:30 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Lots of great Korean restaurants around here. I must say their food is interesting. Some of the hottest and spiciest stuff I ever eaten. Still don't know what half of it was... but it went down very well indeed. Did you have a similar experience last night (apart from the burns)?

Really like it as well but it was about 8th on my list for last night. Could identify most of the stuff but the waitress was really aggressive.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:31 pm

Galted wrote:
I got a massive bollocking then the haughty treatment last night for saying that Crime and Punishment is a load of drivel.  Was made even more annoying by the fact that she mentioned going out as her pilates was cancelled and allowed me to choose then said no to all my suggestions until I got to Korean.

That kind of behaviour is standard for a woman. They are clever manipulative f'ckers.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:38 pm

I suggested to TIMC that we have a weekend away in London, but got it thrown back in my face. You can't please some people. I even said I would pay for the tickets, but no.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:45 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
kingraf wrote:joke's on the lot of you... Haven't even started my round of 21st birthday. Unfortunately, have with weddings. I have that bartender

So he's set the date already? Any chance of her changing her mind or is it best just let her go if you haven't already?

Ask Leila to accompany you... and conspicuously feed each other grapes (or whatever's on the tables) during the speeches. Then run off together giggling with cake in your hands.

yeah mate, they already tied the knot. I suppose I gave up the ghost once she was pregnant. Altogether a depressing matter. Leila/Leyla, (I'm not actually sure) is way hotter. Promised, well insisted on taking her to her first rugby match once the Lions return from what will doubtless be an embarrassing Australasia tour. That normally equals poor attendances, who knows, we might have Ellis Park to ourselves!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

She recommended some T-Shirts for her sister to buy me for my birthday. One was turquiose with attractive white print which I liked. The other one was plain red number with a button pocket on the chest. I'd look like f'king Noddy wearing it. Couldn't believe I had to smile and say 'I really like it in front of my mate'.

Odd thing to add to the end of that sentence, or were you finally comig out of the closet?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:47 pm

Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:Lots of great Korean restaurants around here. I must say their food is interesting. Some of the hottest and spiciest stuff I ever eaten. Still don't know what half of it was... but it went down very well indeed. Did you have a similar experience last night (apart from the burns)?

Really like it as well but it was about 8th on my list for last night.  Could identify most of the stuff but the waitress was really aggressive.

Yeah, they are "take no prisoner" type of people... some of them. They can get very angry inside (about God knows what) but don't show it... some of them.

I'll never forget when I was working in VN and the owner of a bar told me he wanted to close up for the night but couldn't because the Koreans kept opening more bottles of grog... they were absolutely hammered. They got really aggressive and treated the Vietnamese bar staff like slaves. It was really shocking to see them in action. It's all about humiliation and making so-called "lesser people" feel uncomfortable.

Lucky for us some of these Asian cultures hate each other more than they hate us! Keep them simmering amongst each other I say. It's best if the West just keep spreading the uncertainty (in a political sense) and then talk and act in an non-committal way... sort of like Obama did recently now with certain countries. The Aussies should just keep it zipped though. We are not big players at all and don't need to rub anyone up the wrong way!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:54 pm

Linebreaker wrote:don't need to rub anyone up the wrong way!

Would you be kind enough to remind David Warner of this fact?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 3:56 pm

I like Warner. Seems rather simpleton, and squirrel-Esque, but a good team man.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Apr 2014, 4:01 pm

kingraf wrote:I like Warner. Seems rather simpleton, and squirrel-Esque, but a good team man.

He chews his gum with his mouth gaping open whilst shouting obscenities as he hides behind Mitchell Johnson or some other behemoth.

And he allegedly stole a charity box from an retirement home in Sydney.

'Orrible little man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

Linebreaker wrote:don't need to rub anyone up the wrong way!

Would you be kind enough to remind David Warner of this fact?

The England cricket team is one of the exceptions to the Rule.  Laugh 

You know what I mean though? Our ex-PM Rudd put his foot in it in China. It was so embarrassing. Spying in Indonesia is fine though... has to be done.

Reminds me: I witnessed an extraordinary Protest in Tokyo - basically super-organised fascists wearing head bands and full samurai? kit in open top buses and hordes of people marching alongside carrying massive angry looking banners and loudspeakers telling foreigners to go home. It was evil. Almost like the 1930's...  I couldn't believe they were so full-on and were allowed to behave like that in public. Police stayed away. A shopkeeper told me to make myself scarce. Luckily they didn't see me so I slipped away down an alley in the opposite direction. I think it was a more anti US bases in Japan protest... but it was a very hysterical and scary performance.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm

I was in the mining town of Germiston once, and on the drive there I encountered 5, 000 people in red shirts loitering. Apparently they were miners on strike, or automotive industry workers. Felt quite intimidating, as these sort of things normally end with a Pakistani store looted and someone's car torched.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next