The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Pal Joey
kingraf
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

First topic message reminder :

And I am beating Galted.

Life is good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 4:18 pm

Thing is raf, I never felt so safe in a city of 25 million until that episode. The place is so easy to move around in and everyone seems so civilised and polite.

I was actually on my way to an Irish bar to watch the 4th Bledisloe Cup match... the one in Hong Kong which we won. It suddenly dawned upon me that the area (Roppongi) would have had higher concentrations of foreigners that night... so they obviously targeted the area.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 30 Apr 2014, 9:37 pm

The South African colloquial term for for schadenfreude is "kwaaa", which is a laugh released when someone fails at something (yes, we have differing laughs). Given the ban on l*l, I'm taking to using it.

You're all notified.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Apr 2014, 11:13 pm

Best news I've heard since the launch of Faceb**k and Tw*ttter... two more things/words I will refuse to use/utter.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 01 May 2014, 7:40 am

First this morning, radiant in the glorious north today.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 7:45 am

Foggy as anything here Jeff, waiting for the sun to dust the old hat off

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 01 May 2014, 7:46 am

It is here if I'm honest rick but like to be positive in a morning. Practice what you preach and all that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 7:54 am

fair point Jeff, in that case...

Silvery an ethereal here in the mystic north

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 01 May 2014, 8:02 am

While Geoff ignores the weather... a glorious Autumn morning in Johannesburg. It makes everything feel right with myself, and my place in the world.

I also hate you all for snatching the podium slots.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 May 2014, 8:06 am

Wetter than Jordan in a hot dog factory here.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 8:07 am

You are on Podium Raf due to the inability of me or Jeff being able to occupy 2 spaces each at once, so all round good morning mate!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 May 2014, 8:08 am

Linebreaker wrote:Best news I've heard since the launch of Faceb**k and Tw*ttter... two more things/words I will refuse to use/utter.

You are my favourite poster. By a long way.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 May 2014, 8:11 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Silvery an ethereal here in the mystic north

Where I grew up it was always silvery and ethereal. Mainly due to the 30+ cooling towers at Drax, Eggborough, Ferrybridge and Knottingley.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 01 May 2014, 8:18 am

student night tonight, and I'm only coming in for the midday shift. Do you know what that means?

I'm getting laid tonight!! You can all share in my ethereal glow
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 May 2014, 8:21 am

kingraf wrote:student night tonight, and I'm only coming in for the midday shift. Do you know what that means?

I'm getting laid tonight!! You can all share in my ethereal glow

I am actually quite jealous although Uni wasn't the best hunting ground for me. Work is where it happens (happened).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 May 2014, 8:22 am

Windows, where did you meet the Lumberjack?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 May 2014, 8:28 am

seanmichaels wrote:Windows, where did you meet the Lumberjack?

Laugh 

In a bar in London. It was my first year after dropping out of Uni and I had moved dahn Sarf to try and find a better job. She was working in the City at the time and we exchanged glances over a crowded bar. She was stunned by the shirt and jumper combo and some rohypnol some of my best lines later, we were deeply in love.....

How did you meet the racist?

Is Galted Gerry Adams?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 May 2014, 8:34 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Windows, where did you meet the Lumberjack?

Laugh 

In a bar in London.  It was my first year after dropping out of Uni and I had moved dahn Sarf to try and find a better job.  She was working in the City at the time and we exchanged glances over a crowded bar.  She was stunned by the shirt and jumper combo and some rohypnol some of my best lines later, we were deeply in love.....

Is Galted Gerry Adams?

Nope.  I now start an hour later due to the supposed management where I work being f*cking r*tards and I had to have a giant poo when I got in as I was on it last night.  Having muesli for breakfast but it's a bit late in light of what I've just typed, hope I don't do the anal equivalent of dry-retching.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 8:38 am

sean wrote:Where I grew up it was always silvery and ethereal. Mainly due to the 30+ cooling towers at Drax, Eggborough, Ferrybridge and Knottingley

Sounds like Stockton (or Runcorn)

Galted wrote:I work being f*cking r*tards

Do we have to star retards?

Last edited by rick_dagless on Thu 01 May 2014, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 May 2014, 8:42 am

rick_dagless wrote:

raf wrote:I work being f*cking r*tards

Do we have to star retards?

Just gave it a go and turns out we don't. We do have to star "r*tard" though or it comes out as "special".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 8:44 am

So multiple retards are not as bad as a single special person?

Safety in numbers i guess, people feel less offended if there are multiple people in the same situation...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 May 2014, 8:45 am

rick_dagless wrote:

(or Runcorn)

If you swap the Drax cooling towers for the sprawling metropolis of the Ineos factory then you're almost there. That factory site is so large it has 3 separate slip roads off the Runcorn expressway.

At least we were better than having a sh*tty floating bed and breakfast in our town though.

And Robin Reid lived there. And John Bishop for a while before he became rich.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 8:47 am

Tino wrote:If you swap the Drax cooling towers for the sprawling metropolis of the Ineos factory then you're almost there. That factory site is so large it has 3 separate slip roads off the Runcorn expressway.

And Shell Oil, and the Abatoirs that you have the pleasure of smelling as you are sat in the queue on the bridge.

Tino wrote:At least we were better than having a sh*tty floating bed and breakfast in our town though.

True, but you were more likely to suffocate than drown in the Runcorn waterways, so "floating" would be subjective to any retarded hotel on water

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 May 2014, 8:49 am

Went out with her younger sister when I was 17. She (her sister) then went out with my brother a year or so later before ending up with my best mate for 10 or so years. In 2007 I went to watch the rugby WC semi final with them all and the racist was there - she'd just come back from NYC. Pretty much stayed together since then.

Funny thing is her sister split up with one of my best mates and ended up getting together with another of my best mates. They now have a 3 year old who is my (non blood) niece. Bit f'd up really.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 01 May 2014, 8:50 am

where the hell did you get that quote of mine Rick? I feel you've quoted me out of context there.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 8:53 am

raf wrote:where the hell did you get that quote of mine Rick? I feel you've quoted me out of context there.

oops, i was being a reta*d, changed now...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 May 2014, 8:54 am

rick_dagless wrote: as you are sat in the queue on the bridge.

Indeed.  That bridge always makes me smile.  A bridge between Runcorn and Widnes.  Why the f*ck would you want to go either way.

No wonder so many people a year used to get half way and jump off.  I don't think they all started off as suicide risks, they just got depressed at their options left or right and took the sensible choice.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 01 May 2014, 8:55 am

kingraf wrote:where the hell did you get that quote of mine Rick? I feel you've quoted me out of context there.

Too right. It was Galted's quote. This could get out of  hand, with people making up quotes and attributing them to anyone they feel like

rick_dagless wrote:I can't use the quote function very well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 8:56 am

Tino wrote:Indeed. That bridge always makes me smile. A bridge between Runcorn and Widnes. Why the f*ck would you want to go either way.

The only reason I used it was to get to the Airport to get the F*ck out of Dodge

Tino wrote:No wonder so many people a year used to get half way and jump off. I don't think they all started off as suicide risks, they just got depressed at their options left or right and took the sensible choice.

This made me Kwaa

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 8:59 am

Too right Julius

Spoiler:

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 May 2014, 9:09 am

I'm excellent at using the quote function.  That and killer sudokus.

Below is an example of me effortlessly quoting Julius just for the hell of it.

JuliusHMarx wrote:
kingraf wrote:where the hell did you get that quote of mine Rick? I feel you've quoted me out of context there.

Too right. It was Galted's quote. This could get out of  hand, with people making up quotes and attributing them to anyone they feel like

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 01 May 2014, 9:10 am

Linebreaker wrote:Best news I've heard since the launch of Faceb**k and Tw*ttter... two more things/words I will refuse to use/utter.

You are my favourite poster.  By a long way.

Thanks. I need to close both of those silly accounts. I never post or tweet. If I need to call the rels in NZ, USA or Hungary, I can just phone them.
It may sound lazy - but I'm just not really interested in those stupid things to be honest. I never really was.

It's all too fragmented and a large majority of the users have the attention span of dust mites. I don't really feel compelled to say anything of importance to dust mites either! (it took me a while to realise that... I was just being polite)  Laugh 

I "quit" SuperBru today... or (I mean) I'm not joining any new competitions from now on. It took me over 4700 tips to realise that I'm just not into predicting thousands of sporting results anymore. I'm going let them all taper away. I'll just enjoy watching sport from now on (just liked I used to) without having any obligation to meet any more silly deadlines. It was getting way out of hand in a very big way. It was driving me nuts.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 01 May 2014, 9:13 am

Very well used Rick. So cultured
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 May 2014, 9:14 am

This how I quote multiple posts without problem.

rick_dagless wrote:
raf wrote:where the hell did you get that quote of mine Rick? I feel you've quoted me out of context there.

oops, i was being a reta*d, changed now...

rick_dagless wrote: as you are sat in the queue on the bridge.

Indeed.  That bridge always makes me smile.  A bridge between Runcorn and Widnes.  Why the f*ck would you want to go either way.

No wonder so many people a year used to get half way and jump off.  I don't think they all started off as suicide risks, they just got depressed at their options left or right and took the sensible choice.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 May 2014, 9:15 am

Galted wrote:I'm excellent at using the quote function.  That and killer sudokus.

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I am rather good as well.  Here is me quoting me, just for the hell of it.

Tino wrote: And I am beating Galted.

Life is good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 01 May 2014, 9:16 am

Well done LB. It's good to see you re-taking control of your life. I hope you can also kick your crack habit.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 01 May 2014, 9:16 am

raf wrote:Very well used Rick. So cultured

Thanks Raf, I have you to thank for learning my word of the day.

I intend to get it into a meeting today..

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 May 2014, 9:17 am

I can even quote from other threads.

Linebreaker wrote:That Tino's a right little stalkerish w*nker, isn't he?

Kenny wrote:Damn right, mate!  Damn right.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 01 May 2014, 9:19 am

Galted wrote:I can even quote from other threads.

Yes, but can you shut the f*ck up?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 May 2014, 9:19 am

Galted wrote:I'm excellent at using the quote function.  That and killer sudokus.

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Life is good.

Buffoon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 May 2014, 9:22 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I can even quote from other threads.

Yes, but can you shut the f*ck up?

I was going to congratulate you on your funny post about Lb's crack habit but, instead, you get this...

W*nker.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 01 May 2014, 9:22 am

Kwaa!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 01 May 2014, 9:22 am

I've put cheese and pickle in my ham salad sandwich today. Looking forward to it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 May 2014, 9:23 am

Had a poo on the groundfloor when I got to work and now need another one. Bloody Thai food.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 May 2014, 9:23 am

Union Cane wrote:I've put cheese and pickle in my ham salad sandwich today. Looking forward to it.

Try Gherkin with Dijon mustard in it

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 01 May 2014, 9:26 am

kingraf wrote:The South African colloquial term for for schadenfreude is "kwaaa", which is a laugh released when someone fails at something calls someone a w@nker

Fixed for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 01 May 2014, 9:27 am

Union Cane wrote:I've put cheese and pickle in my ham salad sandwich today. Looking forward to it.

A classic. Don't ruin it with anything poncy, like a gherkin or Dijon mustard.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 01 May 2014, 9:28 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Try Gherkin with Dijon mustard in it

We have neither of those in the kitchens of Cane Towers.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 May 2014, 9:28 am

Galted wrote:

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Life is good.

Buffoon.

Galted's mum wrote: I am so sorry Tino.  My runt of a son really needs to wash his mouth out with soap.  I really wish his father and I had put him and his mis-shapen head up for adoption.  Little freak that he is.  You still coming over tonight?  I will do that thing with the glove again if you like?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 May 2014, 9:29 am

Galted wrote:

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Life is good.

Buffoon.

Galted's mum wrote: I am so sorry Tino.  My runt of a son really needs to wash his mouth out with soap.  I really wish his father and I had put him and his mis-shapen head up for adoption.  Little freak that he is.  You still coming over tonight?  I will do that thing with the glove again if you like?

She always confuses "r" and "c".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 01 May 2014, 9:29 am

Gherkins make almost anything taste better. Much better than that salt option
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next