The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player of the Year Nominations

3 posters

Go down

Player of the Year Nominations Empty Player of the Year Nominations

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 24 Apr 2014, 2:44 pm

Scottish Player of the Year Nominations

Fraser Forster - Celtic
Forster has been an ever present for Celtic in the Premiership and Champions League this season, he missed one game, a losing effort to Morton in the League Cup in October, his consistancy has been superb, he has broken the Scottish shut out record and has become a fixture in the England squad and looks like Roy Hodgson's first choice back up to Joe Hart.

Kris Commons - Celtic
Commons has had the season of his life, scored crucial goals in the vital Champions League qualifiers against Elfsborg and then Karagandy, so far this season he has scored 28 goals and is also leading the Premiership scoring charts with 23 in 29 games, most of the good things from Celtic creatively have came through Kris Commons

Virgil Van Dijk - Celtic
The Dutchman has been superb all season, still has a bit to learn and would do himself the world of good habing at least one more season at Celtic Park with another crack at the Champions League

Kris Boyd - Kilmarnock
Boyd had a reputation as being lazy and nothing more than a poacher, but since returning to Kilmarnock he has been a different player, he drops deep, works hard and his touch has improved, is a big influence to the Kilmarnock youngsters, to score 19 goals in 31 games so far in the Premiership this season has been phenomenal

[Scottish Young Player of the Year Nominations

Stuart Armstrong - Dundee Utd
Armstrong is my favourite Premiership player, he has everything, vision, a great touch, two good feet and good balance, he also has a good powerful stride and has dictated the tempo of a lot of Utd games, also a bright boy, he studies law when he's not training.

Andrew Robertson - Dundee Utd
It's hard to believe that 12 months ago he was playing 4th tier football, the rise of Robertson has been brilliant, credit to McNamara for spotting his potential and giving him an opportunity, he's neck and neck with Izaguirre for the best left back in the Country, due to his defending, he just edges it for me, also a major goal threat with 5 so far, all from open play.

Ryan Gauld - Dundee Utd
Gauld is possibly the highest rated of all the taleneted kids in Scotland, the boy on his day is a magician, been watched by clubs like Manchester Utd and Barcelona, he is more tha just hype, great vision and has a sublime left foot

Stevie May - St Johnstone
where do you start with Stevie May, what a talent, a host of Championship clubs are sniffing around him, he's somehow only balued at £1m but I feel thats got more to do with the llw stature of his club and his very low wage (£750) before the start of this season St Johnstone sent him out in loan for the 18 months previous, he managed 45 goals in that time, this year he was given an opportunity to win a place in the Saints side, he hasn't disappointed, he has 26 goals already for the season which include a couple of hat-tricks, Euro winner vs Rosenborg and a deadly double against Aberdeen at Ibrox Park to send St Johnstone to thir first Scottish Cup Final

Scottish Manager of the Year Nominations

Derek McIness - Aberdeen
You simply can't underestimate the job McInnes has done, in the previous 4 seasons Aberdeen have finished 8th, 9th, 9th and 9th, with 4 games to go Aberdeen are sitting in second 3 points clear and won their first trophy in 19 years, the wage bill is reportedly lower this term that at any time in the last 5 seasons of under achievement

Neil Lennon - Celtic
Lennon I feel merits a nomination, its not Celtic's or his own fault that the club are so much stronger than the rest, the consistancy his team has shown in the League has been excellent, on the flip side his participation in both cup comps has been horrific this season and they struggled in the Euro Qualifiers and were completely outclassed in the second half of the group stage of the Champions League proper.

Stuart McCall - Motherwell
McCall has to be one of the most consistent managers outside of the Old Firm in years, since he arroved at Well his team have been best of the rest, whether that was with or without Rangers, after losing their six main players last season in Higdon, Law, O'jamma, Humphries, Ramsden and Randolph he broght in players who man for man were apart from Stephen McManus probably considered at a lower standard has just kept the motor running, Lionel Ainsworthlooks better than Humphries, Sutton with 21 goals in 32 games has replaced Higdon, Henri Anier is in my opinion better thsn Henrik O'jamma and Ian Vigurs is on a par with Nicky Law, that in my view is more down to the manager and his tactics than anything else, sitting comfortably 3rd just 3 points off second, its not beyond them to replicate finishing runners up again.

Tommy Wright - St Johnstone
Wright has done a fantastic job at St Johnstone, replacing the unpopular Steve Lomas, he masterminded a European win against Rpsenborg who compared to The Saints were a European heavyweight in terms of turn-over, he has maintained their top 6 status despite having the lowest budget in the League and the lowest turn-over, they also have the worst attendances yet he managed to convince top prospect Stevie May to stay and has taken them to their first Scottish Cup Final in their history.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Player of the Year Nominations Empty Re: Player of the Year Nominations

Post by kevmcp88 Thu 24 Apr 2014, 3:08 pm

I reckon Commons is the player of the year by some distance everyone talks about his goals but he creates a lot pity we lack decent wide men, forwards or midfielders for him to link up with.

I would love Celtic togo and buy all 4 nominations for the young player but it won't happen 7f Lennons still around he will go abroad and waste money like he has done over his tenure with the odd exception. I would need to go for Stevie May he looks a real good player. Big, strong, aggressive 2 good feet and scores all kinds of goals. Robertson has probably been the moet conwistent performer of the 4 but as always with full backs they don't catch the eye.

Lennon doesn't deserve anomination imo. I never liked him as a player and don't as a manager we have had a very poor season. If Aberdeen hadn't won a trophy I would go for McCall but to take Aberdeen from a bottom half team to the second best team in the county in a year is a great achievement.

kevmcp88

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 24 Apr 2014, 5:52 pm

I think Celtic are frightened of losing Lennon because they have such a wicked start to evwry season, woth no Rangets to compete with, the first two months of the Season are huge for Celtic, I think the bored would be reluctant to lose a manager in May/June knowing that Champions League qualifiers start in July and August, I feel that for Celtic, they idea time for a new manager would be to come in aeound December/January/February and that gives them time to bed in and learn about his squad before those vital fixtures.

I'm no fan of Lennon either,  I still feel he is very naive with his tactics, last years Play-Off 1st leg with Karagandy confirmed this,  he was heading I to his 4th season with Celtic yet still thought it was a wise idea to pair Van Dijk and Mouyokolo for the first time on a plastic pitch when Van Dijk was just back from injury and Mouyokolo had a long history of knee problems, that was a rookie mistake,  this wasnt a novice manager, it was a guy who had managed and succeeded in the Champions League, even before that in the last 16 game vs Juventus, playing Efe Ambrose who had just stepped off a plane having spent the previous 5/6 weeks in Africa was beyond nonsensical, there was no-way hencould have been veted enough to understand all the problems Juve's strikers could cause, Ambrose made a mess early and the tie was dead from the early moments....again rookie mistakes

That being said, success is success and while Celtic were huge favourites to win the Title it still has to be done so I've no problem with him being nominated although he finishes 4th on the list for me...Jackie Mac is unfortunate not to make it.

Country

Competition         
        Population                               
   Overall        Attendance  

Average Attendance Per  Club   

Average Weekly Attendance     
Per Head of     Population   
Scotland
Premiership
1.07%
Netherlands
Eredivisie
    5,939,503    19,391  174,515
1.03%
Portugal
  Primeira Liga 
    3,253,365  10,632  95,688
0.93%
Belgium
Pro League
0.84%
England
Premier League
0.69%
Switzerland
 Super League
0.64%
Spain
 La Liga
0.61%
Germany
Bundesliga
13,235,945 43,255 389,293
0.48%
France
 Ligue 1
0.45%
Austria
 Bundesliga
   1,163,176     6,462    32,310
0.38%
Italy
 Serie A
   8,441,996  22,216  222,158
0.37%

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 10:34 am; edited 9 times in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmcp88 Thu 24 Apr 2014, 8:30 pm

Lennon was saying last week that Celtic don't get the credit they deserve for the football we play. We have ground out a lot of results this season it hasn't been that good to watch a lot of times this season. We have badly lacked width all season and he addressed it in January by signing a central midfielder in Johannsesn and Griffiths a striker.

kevmcp88

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:34 pm

Forster for Player of the Year as without him, Celtic would have lost a lot of points. SO many games where Celtic up 1-0 or 2-1 and Forster was making saves to keep them in those positions. His save from Stanton @ Hibernian was incredible.

May for Young Player of the Year. Ripped my beloved Aberdeen a new one in the Scottish Cup Semi. Fantastic pace, not scared to take a player on or shoot. Just hope he doesn't move south and get lost like so many others have done in the past.

McInnes for Manager of the Year. Stats say it all. Messiah Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down