The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

+43
hampo17
Dave.
Kurt N. Jurqa
skyeman
Lowlandbrit
whocares
alfie
super_realist
Nakatomi Plaza
westisbest
Marky
jbeadlesbigrighthand
liverbnz
JamesLincs
Hammersmith harrier
Champagne_Socialist
compelling and rich
J.Benson II
Ent
jimbohammers
Trebs
TopoftheChops
cherriesfna
Mat
Steffan
The Special Juan
FootballLight
owen10ozzy
VDT
mystiroakey
NickisBHAFC
GSC
nasisillmatic
Crimey
dyrewolfe
Stella
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
CFCNick
Geordie
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
Calder106
47 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Calder106 Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wilshere out for 6 weeks according to BBC. Hairline fracture on foot. Considering Arsenal have been nursing him through the season because of his ankle injuries I think it would be a risk taking him (not questioning his ability) due to the tight schedule of games.

Calder106

Posts : 1379
Join date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down


The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Can never understand the stick that poor old Theo gets.

Such a talent that has been robbed of the chance thus far by injury (this World Cup), a slightly defensive team selection at Euro 2012 (Milner being picked, though Walcott tore the Swedes apart) and a baffling selection choice (even now, I don't know why Capello didn't pick him in 2010).

He has much greater potential than Sterling/Townsend/Lallana, and has a much better eye for goal. Super Theo, for super England.

Hope he's a pundit this summer for BBC or ITV.

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Thinking about Wilshire's fracture and time off.

It could be perfect for him at the world cup.. He will miss many high intensity games and mat be perfectly back in time..


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Duty, we know full well why you prefer Walcott and the fact you're trying to justify it in footballing terms is quite frankly appalling.

You can talk about scoring records and potential all you like but it means nowt. If you want someone who scores for England, pick Peter Crouch but he fails to score against the decent teams so why should we bother with him? Last person to scoring against a big team in a competitive match was Matty Upson when we were stuffed by Germany. Dees he get a game?

Virtually every English player in this squad has failed to live up to even a fraction of the expectations of the Nation. People talk about picking Rooney as the man for the big occasion but why? It don't get bigger than the World Cup and he's still done the square root of f**k all to warrant the hype on the international stage. May as well have chosen Matt Le Tissier on the basis that IF it went to penalties, he'd probably score (whilst completely ignoring the fact that with him in the team, the chances of getting anywhere near the knockout stages we next to zero in the first place). I thought Rooney was sending all the team's equipment to Brazil single handedly the way his shots at goal seemed so far off target. His second shot was the worst given there was a simply through ball to Sturridge that he could have played but he's either blind or greedy as he went for goal instead. Beckham was crushed by the weight of the Nation's hopes. I remember billboards with his face and "England expects" all over the place and there's no way he was going to deliver. Rooney is no better. He'll be too busy making another advert for NIKE or PlayStation or some such cr@p to worry about ensuring England stand a chance of advancing in the tournament.

We need someone in midfield with a bit of magic in his boots and as much as it pains me to say so, it's gotta be Ross Barkley. Henderson isn't that type of player anyway so I wouldn't expect it from him and Wilshire's just pants. Barkley is about as close to Gazza as we will get so, for me, he's the one who might just unlock a few defences. We have plenty of guys to hold the ball and pass it amongst themselves but no-one with the guile/flair/nous/genius to play that killer pass.

That being said, I'll cheer as loudly an anyone else when we win the World Cup and the winning goal is scored when Tom Cleverley trips over his own feet and the ball flies in off his ar$e.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:28 pm

"no-one with the guile/flair/nous/genius to play that killer pass"


I would ague wilshie, lallana, baines and shaw all can- but perhaps not at a world class level. certainly good enough against lesser teams

We only have one tough defensive team in our group.. Costa rica are the whipping boys, Uraguay dont exactly have a world class defense..

This will be our second competitive cup game on the spin against Italy.. WE didn't let them score in 120 mins last game because Hodgson did a Pulis..

what do we expect this time?

get the draw and move on in that vein or do we expect to give it a go to beat them?




mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by CFCNick Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:37 pm

I live in Bedford. I want us to smash Italy. Shut up all the smug Italians who drive around the streets blasting their car horns until the early hours whenever they win a single game.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 32
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:54 pm

I would ague wilshie, lallana, baines and shaw all can- but perhaps not at a world class level. certainly good enough against lesser teams
Just a shame Sam Marino and Montenegro haven't qualified then. Only need to face the Faroe Islands in the semis and the cup's as good as ours.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Duty, we know full well why you prefer Walcott and the fact you're trying to justify it in footballing terms is quite frankly appalling.

You can talk about scoring records and potential all you like but it means nowt. If you want someone who scores for England, pick Peter Crouch but he fails to score against the decent teams so why should we bother with him? Last person to scoring against a big team in a competitive match was Matty Upson when we were stuffed by Germany. Dees he get a game?

Virtually every English player in this squad has failed to live up to even a fraction of the expectations of the Nation. People talk about picking Rooney as the man for the big occasion but why? It don't get bigger than the World Cup and he's still done the square root of f**k all to warrant the hype on the international stage. May as well have chosen Matt Le Tissier on the basis that IF it went to penalties, he'd probably score (whilst completely ignoring the fact that with him in the team, the chances of getting anywhere near the knockout stages we next to zero in the first place). I thought Rooney was sending all the team's equipment to Brazil single handedly the way his shots at goal seemed so far off target. His second shot was the worst given there was a simply through ball to Sturridge that he could have played but he's either blind or greedy as he went for goal instead. Beckham was crushed by the weight of the Nation's hopes. I remember billboards with his face and "England expects" all over the place and there's no way he was going to deliver. Rooney is no better. He'll be too busy making another advert for NIKE or PlayStation or some such cr@p to worry about ensuring England stand a chance of advancing in the tournament.

We need someone in midfield with a bit of magic in his boots and as much as it pains me to say so, it's gotta be Ross Barkley. Henderson isn't that type of player anyway so I wouldn't expect it from him and Wilshire's just pants. Barkley is about as close to Gazza as we will get so, for me, he's the one who might just unlock a few defences. We have plenty of guys to hold the ball and pass it amongst themselves but no-one with the guile/flair/nous/genius to play that killer pass.

That being said, I'll cheer as loudly an anyone else when we win the World Cup and the winning goal is scored when Tom Cleverley trips over his own feet and the ball flies in off his ar$e.

Well...er...um..I can't deny that Theo is a very attractive person...speaking objectively of course. *cough*

I do really like him as a footballer though. First choice on the right. Much better than Sterling (who's not bad on the eye either)/Townsend/Lallana.

Crouch is finished for England, and has been for a while. Carroll is a much better option there. I agree with the option of Barkley though - fantastic future for him.

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:02 pm

mystiroakey wrote:"no-one with the guile/flair/nous/genius to play that killer pass"


I would ague wilshie, lallana, baines and shaw all can- but perhaps not at a world class level. certainly good enough against lesser teams

We only have one tough defensive team in our group.. Costa rica are the whipping boys, Uraguay  dont exactly have a world class defense..

This will be our second competitive cup game on the spin against Italy.. WE didn't let them score in 120 mins last game because Hodgson did a Pulis..

what do we expect this time?

get the draw and move on in that vein or do we expect to give it a go to beat them?

Well we're certainly good enough to beat Italy, whether Roy will be happy to settle for a point or not remains to be seen. If we settle for a point there, like against France two years ago, then England will need a win over their second opponents - in this instance, Uruguay.

Who's the better team - Italy or Uruguay? Roy will settle for a point against the team which he feels is the stronger, and go for the win against the team which is weaker.

In total truth, England are fully capable, even in South America, of beating both of those teams. And Costa Rica.

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Duty281 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Duty, we know full well why you prefer Walcott and the fact you're trying to justify it in footballing terms is quite frankly appalling.

You can talk about scoring records and potential all you like but it means nowt. If you want someone who scores for England, pick Peter Crouch but he fails to score against the decent teams so why should we bother with him? Last person to scoring against a big team in a competitive match was Matty Upson when we were stuffed by Germany. Dees he get a game?

Virtually every English player in this squad has failed to live up to even a fraction of the expectations of the Nation. People talk about picking Rooney as the man for the big occasion but why? It don't get bigger than the World Cup and he's still done the square root of f**k all to warrant the hype on the international stage. May as well have chosen Matt Le Tissier on the basis that IF it went to penalties, he'd probably score (whilst completely ignoring the fact that with him in the team, the chances of getting anywhere near the knockout stages we next to zero in the first place). I thought Rooney was sending all the team's equipment to Brazil single handedly the way his shots at goal seemed so far off target. His second shot was the worst given there was a simply through ball to Sturridge that he could have played but he's either blind or greedy as he went for goal instead. Beckham was crushed by the weight of the Nation's hopes. I remember billboards with his face and "England expects" all over the place and there's no way he was going to deliver. Rooney is no better. He'll be too busy making another advert for NIKE or PlayStation or some such cr@p to worry about ensuring England stand a chance of advancing in the tournament.

We need someone in midfield with a bit of magic in his boots and as much as it pains me to say so, it's gotta be Ross Barkley. Henderson isn't that type of player anyway so I wouldn't expect it from him and Wilshire's just pants. Barkley is about as close to Gazza as we will get so, for me, he's the one who might just unlock a few defences. We have plenty of guys to hold the ball and pass it amongst themselves but no-one with the guile/flair/nous/genius to play that killer pass.

That being said, I'll cheer as loudly an anyone else when we win the World Cup and the winning goal is scored when Tom Cleverley trips over his own feet and the ball flies in off his ar$e.

Well...er...um..I can't deny that Theo is a very attractive person...speaking objectively of course. *cough*

I do really like him as a footballer though. First choice on the right. Much better than Sterling (who's not bad on the eye either)/Townsend/Lallana.

Crouch is finished for England, and has been for a while. Carroll is a much better option there. I agree with the option of Barkley though - fantastic future for him.

I fancy Anna Kounakouva- dont rate her as a tennis player though.. It doesn't come in to it..

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:15 pm

I fear Roy will set out NOT TO LOSE and we will be too defensively minded from the off. For all the talk of creativity and giving the youngsters an opportunity to shine, there was a very safety first approach to the Denmark game so if we can't slip the leash, try something new and risk going out in a blaze of glory in a Friendly how the hell are we going to do it when it matters?

I fully envisage Roy saying that "If only we'd given it a bit more of a go, we might have done enough to get through the group."

We're not expected to win the World Cup so we have nothing to lose by going for it from the off. Blitz the living cr@p out of the opposition for 30 minutes. Get down the line, whip the crosses into the box. If you can't cross the ball in, instead of holding it up and faffing around, knock it off the defender's legs for a corner and get it in the box that way.

Attack, attack...ATTACK ATTACK ATTCK!!!!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:19 pm

See that's the problem, right there.

At Euro 2012, England were criticised for not keeping the ball enough. Now that England are keeping the ball better, Hodgson's team are being accused of not being direct enough.

One or the other.

For what it's worth, England could have won by three or four versus the Danes, if it wasn't for their magnificent keeper.

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Crimey Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:23 pm

I do think Hodgson could take a note from Liverpool's book, often finish with less possession but attack with pace and strength immediately and hope to snatch early goals. Particularly since January, Liverpool win matches in the first 10 minutes of either half this way. There is certainly enough pace in the England ranks to achieve this.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Guest Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Thing is Crimey, without the English equivalent of Suarez or Coutinho to give it a bit of flair, there's nothing to link up Gerrard, Sterling, Henderson with Sturridge. I got the impression that the Liverpool lads were holding onto the ball looking for just that type of player but were stuck.

Wilshire is picked for that role is he not but as I said, he's dreadful and I'd have Barkley as a replacement for him.

Against the better teams, Gerrard will not be given the luxury of time and space to spray 40/50 yards passes around like it's a training exercise so we need a craft alternative.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Still think Carrick in with Gerrard and then Wilshere a little ahead is the way forward. Ball retention, positional sense and Wilshere being able to play between will be good. Considering our best wide options are our full backs, two deeper players could be key. Welbeck, Rooney, Sturridge (leading the line) up top.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 24079
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 33
Location : Making the Kessel Run

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:17 pm

I prefer the 4231 option .

and to be honest I am going off Rooney completely. unless he is content and the manager is content to play him in much deeper cm styled position- he can retain- he can pass, he can provide , he can tackle, he can run box to box.. No more free roles for rooney IMO. no more switching 3 attacking players about every 5 minutes.. RVP is having the same issue at united..

But either way we have a much bigger problem that could be solved by Terry and Roy hooking up....

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Yeah I prefer 4-2-3-1 as well. It puts Rooney and Sturridge in their best positions, and provides a greater balance to the team overall.

4-3-3 just doesn't work for me. You'd have to push one of Rooney or Sturridge out wide, not their best position, and you'd have to play three central midfielders rather than two - an area where England aren't exactly blessed with a plethora of options.

Either way, it will still be an evolution of sorts from the rigid 4-4-1-1 shape at Euro 2012. More fluidity, more attacking intent. Weren't England one of the most clinical teams in Ukraine? Just think what this England team can do with a higher number of chances.

And better preparation.
And less injuries.
And better players.

After all, England didn't do badly at Euro 2012, and now the horizon looks rather sweeter and, dare I say, rather English.

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:39 am

Apparently, according to the rumours on Twitter, an English player, who played in the victory over Denmark on Wednesday, came out as gay and will release it worldwide very shortly.

Probably just a rumour. But, on the off-chance it's true, place your bets on who it might be!

I'll go for Oxlade, outside bets on Sterling and Milner.

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:48 am

I am going for Ox

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:50 am

All will be revealed, if it's not a made-up rumour, in the Sun on Sunday tomorrow.

It was tweeted by JFergusonSPORT, originally, and it's not Ashley Cole or Luke Shaw or Adam Lallana..apparently.

Hmmm...it's like a whodunnit.


Last edited by Duty281 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:52 am

Nice- Good on him. About time someone high profile in football did this.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:57 am

Well fair play to him if he came out willingly..I just hope the Sun didn't get a picture of him with someone, put two and two together, and then blackmail him, which isn't beneath them at all, in truth.

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:04 am

Well either way. Its best to come out. I am sure many have been caught before yet got top lawyers to file injunctions..

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Sterling looks gay to me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by CFCNick Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:56 pm

John wrote:Sterling looks gay to me.

Is it the way he holds his arm out as he runs?

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 32
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:57 pm

John wrote:Sterling looks gay to me.

How does somebody look gay?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:16 pm

FreekShow wrote:
John wrote:Sterling looks gay to me.

How does somebody look gay?

He just does to me, that's all. The question was, who do we think it could be? That's my answer, just have a feeling he looks like he could be gay. It's obviously someone, if true, new to the International scene too, therefore, as he's now getting alot of media attention, think it could be him. That's all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:20 pm

There is probably more than 1- but anyway- I dont think anything will come of it. The sun has said it is unfounded speculation. That either means it is bs, or the sun may not be able to print it

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:17 am

John wrote:Sterling looks gay to me.

The way he puts it about in Liverpool (if rumours are true), it isn't Sterling.

nasisillmatic

Posts : 774
Join date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Well our official song this time around is shocking. Gary Barlow has managed to butcher his own song. Awful.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by GSC Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Nobody really cares anymore
GSC
GSC

Posts : 41746
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:22 pm

Ok as this thread is bumped.

I am feeling positive.

I think we will have a goodish squad to rival the 3 in our group.

anything past a quarter is a great tourney.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Whilst i think Barlow is a legend, it doesn't strike me as a good world cup song. It needs to be like the one in 2010. That was good. 

Nothing will ever beat 3 lions on the shirt.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11667
Join date : 2011-04-24
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:13 am

It cracked me up seeing Carlton Palmer as part of the song drumming. I mean the worst ever england player. Hahaha.

I do like the lad but Jesus they scraped the barrel.

Hillariois stuff. But just some rehashed song from a pop dude and a bunch of failed England players and ex spice girls.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by VDT Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Read that Urugray could be kicked out the World Cup after their FA resigns

Fingers Crossed They get replaced with Jordan rather than another South American side
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3240
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 41
Location : The Wirral

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:25 pm

what!!!

Suraez doesnt deserve that, best player on the planet right now.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:13 pm

John Stones

Playing very well for Everton, great prospect at cb and rb
Would he make your plane?

I'd take him over Smalling
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 50255
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 27
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Fernando Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Im surprised Mysti hasn't started his #SperoniForEnglandCampaign yet

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36449
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 31
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:48 pm

You mean the Argentinian?


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Fernando Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Who is eligible for England...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Posts : 36449
Join date : 2011-01-26
Age : 31
Location : buckinghamshire

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:51 pm

The best English player at palace is puncheon and Murray. Neither have a chance in hell of going wc.

ward is a top player as well though..

but palaces stars are speroni, jedanick and pumcheon so far.

bolaise is English but choose his other nationality first.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Fernando wrote:Who is eligible for England...

he really is an Argentinian at heart. I have been to his restaurant in purley.

but he would never start over hart and the lad at Celtic who is flying at the mo anyway. 3rd at best

sperino is a top shot stopper though


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Crimey Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 am

You can only be eligible to play for any of the Home Nations if educated in the country for more than 5 years before turning 18. There is no Arteta, or Januzaj or Speroni for England.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 pm

I take it that is our own FA rules though Crimes. Not Fifa's. The FA could potentially allow them to play

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Crimey Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:58 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I take it that is our own FA rules though Crimes. Not Fifa's. The FA could potentially allow them to play

Presumably only if all the Home Nations decided to end the agreement, which is unlikely as it makes it easier for England to nick the best of Scotland and Wales.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 16490
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 28
Location : Galgate

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by GSC Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:00 pm

I'd rather not get that desperate.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 41746
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 30
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:01 pm

No I don't think that would have anything to do with it. The home nations could still have the agreement for our nations but just allow other residents in to qualify.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Anyone done the Squad Selector on SKYSPORTS....strange how a fare few names are missing for us to actually choose from...anyhow...with less than a month till the preliminary squad selection be interested to get your thoughts on who should be heading on the plane to Rio...

23 man squad followed by formation and starting XI lets see what we get...!

owen10ozzy

Posts : 4241
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 35
Location : London

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Yes reasonably settled now on this 23:

GK: Hart, Forster, Ruddy.

DEF: Johnson, Smalling, Jones, Cahill, Jagielka, Cole, Baines.

MID: Sterling, Lallana, Wilshere, Carrick, Gerrard, Barkley, Oxlade, Milner.

ATT: Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Carroll, Lambert.

If Wilshere doesn't recover, then go for Henderson.

Starting against Italy:

Hart in goal, with Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill and Baines in defence.

Gerrard (holding) and Barkley (the "outball" option as it were) in the middle of midfield.

Sterling (still going strong) wide right, with Welbeck on the left.

Rooney then in the no.10 role playing just behind Sturridge.

Options aplenty off the bench as well - something England may have lacked in recent tournaments.

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Agree with a fair bit of your squad Duty; although have to ask why Ashley Cole? Also is Oxlade fit enough/played enough this season to be considered?


owen10ozzy

Posts : 4241
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 35
Location : London

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Duty281 Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Ashley Cole? Experience mainly. He'll be the second-choice left-back and will, in all probability, only come on if Baines gets injured. If that happens, you want experience and not to throw some eighteen-year-old rookie in at the deep end.

Oxlade, if fit enough which I think he is, will be a wonderful option off the bench to have. Certainly better than Johnson/Townsend who would otherwise take his place.

Duty281

Posts : 29080
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum