The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPFL Premiership/Championship Promotion & Relegation Battle

Go down

SPFL Premiership/Championship Promotion & Relegation Battle Empty SPFL Premiership/Championship Promotion & Relegation Battle

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Apr 2014, 5:20 pm

The introduction of Play-Off's for the Premiership has been excellent for both the Premiership and the Championship this season, the bottom of the top Division and top of the second tier has been so tight all season, Hearts are automatically relegated as a result of their -15 penalty for entering Administration, if they hadn't been deducted those points they'd be sitting joint 8th, I can't recall a season quite like it where so many teams have been so close together, anyone can beat anyone and that's been the case all Season.

There is 3 games left and anyone can finish in that Play-Off spot

This Weekend's Fixtures:

Hearts vs Kilmarnock
Hibernian vs Partick Thistle
St Mirren vs Ross County

The Championship is just as tight, Dundee Hamilton and Falkirk have been fighting it out all Season, Falkirk looked out of it a few weeks ago but went to Dens Park and beat Dundee, Dundee then lost again and before you know it allowed Hamilton to move clear at the top and Falkirk to within 2 points of them, then Hamilton on the second last day of the Season not only lost but they capitulated, this league could be won on goal difference but they were losing 2-1 and then got player manager Alex Neil sent off and lost two very late goals, it took the goal difference to 8 away from Dundee when at the start of play it was only 2 away.

All three teams fighting for the Title are at Home, a Draw will be enough to see Dundee win the title unless Hamilton win with 9 clear goals which is unlikely, they do score goals but they've been losing goals at an alarming rate.

I'd like to see Dundee promoted, they have a big fan base, probably in the top 7 of the Country, they take a lot of fans to away games and I think the Tayside Derby is always a good affair too.

This Weekend's Championship Fixtures:

Dundee vs Dumbarton
Falkirk vs Alloa Athletic
Hamilton vs Greenock Morton

Here's how both League's look at Present, take a look at let me know how you think they'll play out in the remainder of the Season.

SPFL Premiership Relegation Battle

TeamsPlayed --Points --Goal Diff
St Mirren
Hibernian
Ross County
Partick Thistle
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kilmarnock

SPFL Championship Promotion Race

TeamsPlayed --Points --Goal Diff
Dundee
+27