The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+7
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Galted
rIck_dAgless
kingraf
11 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 16 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Thu 01 May 2014, 9:58 am

First topic message reminder :

You say tomato, I say Tamara Ecclestone (who michaels has almost certainly probably had a slice of)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 9:16 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:It was before she had her lips pumped full of sh1te and started to look like Sylvester Stallone's mother.

Was that towards the end of the film?

No.

Only 25 posts to go Julius, keep up the intensity.

It isn't easy at my age.
I just checked - I'm 50th on the all-time list of posters. Tino is 51st. That makes us blood brothers, or soul sisters.

That has made me feel all warm inside.

None of my grandparents are still alive, but I now feel like I have a new one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 May 2014, 9:18 am

One of your grandmothers is still alive. I keep her in my basement. Next to the dead one.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 9:19 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:One of your grandmothers is still alive. I keep her in my basement. Next to the dead one.

Tell her I love her.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 May 2014, 9:38 am

I struggle to tell old people apart.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 May 2014, 9:40 am

I love the casual racist comments from old people

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 9:43 am

Galted wrote:I struggle to tell old people apart.

Same with babies. Unless you pull their nappies down to look at their bits, it is impossible to tell. People get all uppity if you do that in the supermarket though.

Life is like that. You're born and sh*t yourself all day. You have a massive slog in the middle and then you're old and sh*t yourself all day, just before you die.

I am feeling upbeat today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 May 2014, 9:43 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:It was before she had her lips pumped full of sh1te and started to look like Sylvester Stallone's mother.

No.

He is quite old.  

Don't make him get too intense or he may die on 9999 posts.

For the 10 000th post he should go onto the rugby forum and say "George North is not particularly skillful and lacks courage, which has always typified Welsh rugby".  The blaze of glory he'd go out in would equal Walt Kawalski's in Gran Torino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 May 2014, 9:44 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

No.

He is quite old.  

For the 10 000th post he should go onto the rugby forum and say "George North is not particularly skillful and lacks courage, which has always typified Welsh rugby".  The blaze of glory he'd go out in would equal Walt Kawalski's in Gran Torino.

I should add that this would greatly please michaels and myself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 9:45 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

No.

He is quite old.  

Or alternatively, he could go on the boxing board and start a thread stating that Prime Tyson was the greatest heavyweight ever. That should get them going.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 May 2014, 9:45 am

Do it Jules

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 May 2014, 9:45 am

You should do either of those...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 May 2014, 9:48 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

No.

He is quite old.  

Often thought about a wind-up on the Rugby boards but it's too complicated wiht all of it's little sub folders and sh!t. Wheres the best place to make a maximum impact?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 9:49 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

No.

He is quite old.  

Often thought about a wind-up on the Rugby boards but it's too complicated wiht all of it's little sub folders and sh!t.  Wheres the best place to make a maximum impact?  

The International board. Say something about the Welshies.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 May 2014, 9:55 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

No.

He is quite old.  

Often thought about a wind-up on the Rugby boards but it's too complicated wiht all of it's little sub folders and sh!t.  Wheres the best place to make a maximum impact?  

The International board.  Say something about the Welshies.  

The Welsh are by far the best at taking the bait, even when it's not offered. You could also find a Kiwi thread and say that they're cheats, especially Richie McCaw. They'll make a show of it being below them but the resistance won't last long.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 May 2014, 9:57 am

Don't tell me where to make my landmark post.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 9:57 am

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

No.

He is quite old.  

The International board.  Say something about the Welshies.  

The Welsh are by far the best at taking the bait, even when it's not offered.  You could also find a Kiwi thread and say that they're cheats, especially Richie McCaw.  They'll make a show of it being below them but the resistance won't last long.

They are cheats. Good at it, mind.

Be warned though, Superfly, the vitriol can be particularly nasty. One of the Welsh boys called me pompous which upset me so much I refuse to go back on there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 May 2014, 9:58 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

No.

He is quite old.  

Just go on there during the six nations. The phrase shooting fish in a barrel springs to mind. Be careful though, the mods get a bit short fused around that time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 9:58 am

JuliusHMarx wrote: My life is my own.

For a couple of years anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 May 2014, 10:01 am

On the subject of landmark posts, am getting close to 15,000. Should aim for something witty, urbane and erudite, but not sure why break the habit of a lifetime.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 May 2014, 10:03 am

I am nowhere near any milestone, so can feel free to post my usual inane drivel, it is nice not to have the pressure...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 09 May 2014, 10:03 am

Went for a Mexican with TIMC last night, only just made it home in time.

If you imagine filling your mouth with coffee and then blowing it out through a straw you get the general idea.

Not pleasant.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 10:09 am

Rowley wrote:but not sure why break the habit of a lifetime.

So that means you will probably just insult me then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 May 2014, 10:11 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Don't tell me where to make my landmark post.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Go Welsh, Julius, we won't regret it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 May 2014, 10:11 am

I didn't insult you yesterday. You just over reached, you aimed for my top three boxing posters. Most people would have realised that was way over ambitious. Had you said top twenty I would have felt not felt any need to correct you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 10:13 am

Union Cane wrote:Went for a Mexican with TIMC last night, only just made it home in time.

If you imagine filling your mouth with coffee and then blowing it out through a straw you get the general idea.

Not pleasant.

It can't have been the Mexican though. It wouldn't have gone through you that quick. Unless you live hours away from the restaurant, of course.

What else did you eat in the day?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 09 May 2014, 10:17 am

I'm only two minutes from the restaurant, I had to start pinching on the way to the car. I think I might have accidentally had some jalapenos.

You know what else I had, as I post daily lunch reviews for this very purpose.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 10:19 am

Rowley wrote:I didn't insult you yesterday. You just over reached, you aimed for my top three boxing posters. Most people would have realised that was way over ambitious. Had you said top twenty I would have felt not felt any need to correct you.

I used to be, back in the Real Boxing Heroes times. They were halcyon days on that board. You and I having a 'thread-off' with your Colour Line Greats series. Happy days.

I can accept not being in the top 3 anymore but saying I am only in the top 20 is just you being a t*sser.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 May 2014, 10:20 am

Rowley wrote:
Just go on there during the six nations. The phrase shooting fish in a barrel springs to mind. Be careful though, the mods get a bit short fused around that time.

Crotch threatened to ban me in my brief foray. Made a proper point as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 May 2014, 10:24 am

but saying I am only in the top 20 is just you being a t*sser.

Fair point, well made.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 May 2014, 10:26 am

Rowley wrote:I didn't insult you yesterday. You just over reached, you aimed for my top three boxing posters. Most people would have realised that was way over ambitious. Had you said top twenty I would have felt not felt any need to correct you.

I used to be, back in the Real Boxing Heroes times.  They were halcyon days on that board.  You and I having a 'thread-off' with your Colour Line Greats series.  Happy days.

I can accept not being in the top 3 anymore but saying I am only in the top 20 is just you being a t*sser.

Talking of how the mighty have fallen, I was once described (by some idiot, admittedly) on the old 606 as being in the premier league of boxing posters alongside the Captain, Windy, Jeff, Jimmystuart and Chris. Not difficult to spot that I was lowering the boxing IQ of that list like Jade Goody at a MENSA meeting.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 May 2014, 10:30 am

He used to be good
Now he just posts crud

Super
Super

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 10:32 am

superflyweight wrote:

I used to be, back in the Real Boxing Heroes times.  They were halcyon days on that board.  You and I having a 'thread-off' with your Colour Line Greats series.  Happy days.

Talking of how the mighty have fallen, I was once described (by some idiot, admittedly) on the old 606 as being in the premier league of boxing posters alongside the Captain, Windy, Jeff, Jimmystuart and Chris.  Not difficult to spot that I was lowering the boxing IQ of that list like Jade Goody at a MENSA meeting.

I wonder what happened to Jimmy. He was just about the nicest poster ever, and really knowledgeable.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 May 2014, 10:38 am

I do feel I should make more effort to post threads on the boxing board, but think the last time I tried I got seven responses, three of which were by me. Against such crushing indifference motivation does become difficult, because despite the evidence to the contrary my threads do actually take some time to write and research.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 May 2014, 10:40 am

Rowley wrote:I do feel I should make more effort to post threads on the boxing board, but think the last time I tried I got seven responses, three of which were by me. Against such crushing indifference motivation does become difficult, because despite the evidence to the contrary my threads do actually take some time to write and research.

Spring gets more response than you.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 09 May 2014, 10:41 am

Tino wrote:I wonder what happened to Jimmy. He was just about the nicest poster ever, and really knowledgeable.

And possibly the only poster older than Julius...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 09 May 2014, 10:41 am

Kick a man when he's down Sean.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 May 2014, 10:41 am

Rowley wrote:I do feel I should make more effort to post threads on the boxing board, but think the last time I tried I got seven responses, three of which were by me. Against such crushing indifference motivation does become difficult, because despite the evidence to the contrary my threads do actually take some time to write and research.

That's just given me a good idea for Julius's 10 000th post. Find one of emack's poorly formatted stat attacks and tell him that his facts are all wrong.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 May 2014, 10:42 am

I was a boxing fan back in the day. I remember setting my alarm for the middle of the night to listen to the Hagler-Hearns fight on my transistor radio (was going to put 'tranny', but I know what you're all like).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 10:42 am

I just can't be bothered to wade through the Stongback V Truss or Haz v Hammersmith cat fights.

Crushingly dull.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 May 2014, 10:43 am

Boxing's not been the same since davidemore and davidemoron stopped posting. I always suspected that davidemoron was an alias of davidemore and that's a fairly disturbing thought.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 May 2014, 10:44 am

Galted wrote:

That's just given me a good idea for Julius's 10 000th post.  Find one of emack's poorly formatted stat attacks and tell him that his facts are all wrong.

Thanks Galted, because I've always wanted my 10000th post to be about someone I've never heard of and have no interest in.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 May 2014, 10:45 am

Whereas the Superfly v Strongy duels are epic. I really think the Superfly guy has a point about how much of a cnut that Strongy is.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 May 2014, 10:48 am

superflyweight wrote:Whereas the Superfly v Strongy duels are epic.  I really think the Superfly guy has a point about how much of a cnut that Strongy is.  

In boxing terms, he's an uppercnut.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 09 May 2014, 10:48 am

superflyweight wrote:Whereas the Superfly v Strongy duels are epic.  I really think the Superfly guy has a point about how much of a cnut that Strongy is.  

It still amazes me how a lucky heather salesman can consistently get the better of a lawyer in debates.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 09 May 2014, 10:52 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

That's just given me a good idea for Julius's 10 000th post.  Find one of emack's poorly formatted stat attacks and tell him that his facts are all wrong.

Thanks Galted, because I've always wanted my 10000th post to be about someone I've never heard of and have no interest in.

He'd be quite gutted if he read that. He's even older than you and gets really hurt when people don't respond to his posts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 09 May 2014, 10:53 am

It still amazes me how a lucky heather salesman can consistently get the better of a lawyer in debates.

@rsehole!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 May 2014, 10:58 am

I find boxing an irritant at the moment. Consumed too much of my time fretting over another fix or no show. Countryfile is much more relaxing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 09 May 2014, 10:59 am

seanmichaels wrote:I find boxing an irritant at the moment. Consumed too much of my time fretting over another fix or no show. Countryfile is much more relaxing.

I quite like Bargain Hnut.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 09 May 2014, 11:00 am

seanmichaels wrote:Countryfile is much more relaxing.

That Adam off there, does he own a farm?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 09 May 2014, 11:02 am

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Countryfile is much more relaxing.

That Adam off there, does he own a farm?

Think his old man does, although he manages it.

There's some half decent minge on the show as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next