The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
TopoftheChops
lorus59
hend085
Davie
dynamark
I'm never wrong
gaelgowfer
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
JAS
MontysMerkin
raycastleunited
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
mystiroakey
westisbest
golfermartin
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
skyeman
incontinentia
GunsGerms
beninho
Diggers
Duty281
31 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Fri 25 Apr 2014, 15:44

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:Instead of a protest vote, then its better to spoil your ballot.

Ukip are dangerous because some people actually believe what they say, and they target the middle classes in areas of law multi culturalism - ( if thats a word). And as gets shown every now and then, the Councillors they put up have been shown as a bit racist. But its easy for them to make grand statements, because realistically they will not get voted in and have to back up the statements they have made.  

Have no fear, the nutters are getting kicked out at regular intervals.

And some people may believe what they say for, a lot of the time, it's common sense.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 20 May 2014, 12:52

Nah, disagree, you don't become a SCottish citizen simply because you live in an INdependent Scotland.
All the "foreign" people don't become Scottish citizens, so it shouldn't affect anyone who isn't eligible to vote, i.e those Scots who don't live there.

In the unlikely event it does go through, I want the option to retain a British passport, I have no interest in Scottish Nationality, and I'd be rather ashamed of it if it was forced upon me.  I was born British, I don't think I should have to take on Scottish Citizenship.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Tue 20 May 2014, 12:58

As I said, depends on how long you've been absent, well that's my view.
I don't think you should get a British passport though. Scotland en masse will have made a decision to leave the Union, individuals cant simply opt in unless they follow the due measures demanded by anyone wanting British citizenship.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 May 2014, 13:03

Diggers wrote:As I said, depends on how long you've been absent, well that's my view.
I don't think you should get a British passport though. Scotland en masse will have made a decision to leave the Union, individuals cant simply opt in unless they follow the due measures demanded by anyone wanting British citizenship.

Mmm, interesting Diggers, If an Independent Scotland wants to make claims on UK assets as a share of it's association with the UK post split, then I don't think it's too much of a stretch for those who consider themselves British to hold onto their nationality they had at birth and retain a British passport. The NI can have either a UK or Irish one.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 20 May 2014, 13:19

Is the NI example like for like. I think the split is deeper, for instance NI is part of the EU because of being part of the UK. The govt has a minister northern Ireland Affairs.
This isn't the proposal for Scotland, so I don't think the same rules apply.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 May 2014, 13:23

There's a Scottish secretary, seems the same to me. The split IS deeper in NI/Ireland which makes it even more likely that a "velvet" split with the UK would make it easier for a Sweaty to keep a UK passport.
Besides, it is actually the UK Government who would make the decision, so hopefully (in the unlikely event) I won't require a Scottish passport.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 20 May 2014, 13:27

No, my point is there wont be a Scottish secretary anymore, the proposed split in political terms is what matters, not how things are now.
I cant see anyway that if the yes vote goes ahead that the UK will give a British passport to anyone currently residing in Scotland who wants one. Just wont happen.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 May 2014, 13:32

Probably a moot point anyway Diggers, Independence isn't likely.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 20 May 2014, 13:35

You never know Super..igaine, your whole identity being defined as just being from a little northern Europe backwater, may as well say you are Estonian. though clearly the people in Estonia are a lot better looking.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 May 2014, 13:38

Diggers wrote:You never know Super..igaine, your whole identity being defined as just being from a little northern Europe backwater, may as well say you are Estonian. though clearly the people in Estonia are a lot better looking.

Yeah, except, Scotland is Poopie than Estonia.

Imagine handing over a Scottish passport at immigration anywhere. "What the **** is this?, never heard of it."

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 20 May 2014, 13:39

Can you imagine the emblem on the front....a picture of Mel Gibson in a kilt maybe?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Tue 20 May 2014, 14:09

On the subject of britishness, I used to be intensely proud of this status.  I have to admit though, since the
takeover of certain parts of England by certain 'effnics', the pride in being british is rapidly evaporating.  

That, incidentally, does not mean I want to separate from the rest of the union.  The trouble is, with all this damned independence business, I don't feel very proud to be Scottish either!

I wonder, is Belgium still open? Cool

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 20 May 2014, 14:13

Belgium pluses

great beer, great chocolate.

Belgium negatives

over hyped Football team
too many pedos.
worse golf courses in the world(and I played there best two the other month- There is a better golf course in lewisham!)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 20 May 2014, 14:16

On the subject of Identity. I feel like a suburban Londoner or south easterner first. European second, British third and English 4th.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 20 May 2014, 14:27

Belgium is incredibly divided internally, 3 or 4 groups who all hate each other and have their own customs and dialects.
Sound familiar ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 20 May 2014, 14:30

Diggers wrote:Belgium is incredibly divided internally, 3 or 4 groups who all hate each other and have their own customs and dialects.
Sound familiar ?

Parts of france and holland are also intwined with the groups.

I went to lille this year and it was much more like belgium than france- the food and culture is very flemish- and the flemish are mainly on the dutch side- I cant work it out... Even if I try. It baffles me.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 20 May 2014, 14:31

mystiroakey wrote:Belgium pluses

Belgium negatives

over hyped Football team
too many pedos.
worse golf courses in the world(and I played there best two the other month- There is a better golf course in lewisham!)

But they're great fun in the sea in the summer.

No, sorry, that's pedaloes

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 20 May 2014, 14:45

Walloon is a great name for a bunch of people, Id live to a Walloon.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 20 May 2014, 15:14

Diggers wrote:Walloon is a great name for a bunch of people, Id live to a Walloon.
That sums up a number of people I work with. A complete bunch of Walloons.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 20 May 2014, 15:19

Belgium negatives

over hyped Football team
too many pedos.

Headscratch I've heard of Dutroux but others? You say "too many"...cf. what exactly? The U.K.? We have our own share and, tbh, I suspect that the % in a given population is probably reasonably consistent so they'll be wherever you might go. Nice thought eh?

gaelgowfer wrote:...since the takeover of certain parts of England by certain 'effnics', the pride in being british is rapidly evaporating.  
Probably best if I don't ask you to elaborate on that Gael.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 May 2014, 15:30

Gael Farage?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 20 May 2014, 15:34

Anyone see Paxman tear Farage a new a hole on Newsnight yesterday?
I'm always pleasantly surprised how awful Farage is on TV, he is appalling on Question Time whenever he is on.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 May 2014, 15:36

....and he's been on 17 times apparently.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 20 May 2014, 16:01

Diggers wrote:Anyone see Paxman tear Farage a new a hole on Newsnight yesterday?
I'm always pleasantly surprised how awful Farage is on TV, he is appalling on Question Time whenever he is on.
Don't know who's the worst - Farage or Paxman. Can't stand Paxman one iota - conceited, arrogant tw@t. Can't wait until he's off Newsnight and into some retirement home. Mind you, all the existing residents would probably commit suicide.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 20 May 2014, 16:14

Maybe someone should ask Farage his policies on something other then Europe or Immigration. WOnder how concerned people would be if Dan Petrescu moved in next door.

I like this.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/quiz/2014/may/19/quiz-bnp-ukip-quotes-who-said-what

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 20 May 2014, 16:20

navyblueshorts wrote:

Belgium negatives

over hyped Football team
too many pedos.

Headscratch I've heard of Dutroux but others? You say "too many"...cf. what exactly? The U.K.? We have our own share and, tbh, I suspect that the % in a given population is probably reasonably consistent so they'll be wherever you might go. Nice thought eh?

gaelgowfer wrote:...since the takeover of certain parts of England by certain 'effnics', the pride in being british is rapidly evaporating.  
You may have heard of one story. But also the sad fact that the home of Stella(leuven) which is a beautiful town by the way. Is home not only to drinkable Stella but also the most pope protected Pedo priests.

But in truth it's a joke based on the film in bruge.

Classic scene in a restaurant involving beer, chocolate and pedos

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 20 May 2014, 16:22

I love the way the press and the establishment have it in for Farage. I know its not fair, he does have a point that its rank hypocrisy that he is pursued about points the other parties get away with...but I don't care.
Of course it wont affect his following..the reason so may people like him and UKIP is basically because they are racist.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 20 May 2014, 16:23

I forgot to mention.

Happy birthday Toure.

I almost forgot

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Tue 20 May 2014, 17:20

Probably best if I don't ask you to elaborate on that Gael.[/quote]

Ask away.  Very happy to elaborate.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 20 May 2014, 17:28

Elaborate away!

Don't blame me if he has to ban you for a day or two though!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Tue 20 May 2014, 17:53

mystiroakey wrote:Elaborate away!

Don't blame me if he has to ban you for a day or two though!

thumbsup

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 May 2014, 19:00

Sounds like Yaya Toure is a pap. What is he? 10 years old?

Why should anyone give a toss about his birthday and why would he even expect anyone to know when it is? What a knobber.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 20 May 2014, 19:37

mystiroakey wrote:
too many pedos.
Too few pedros.  thumbsup

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 20 May 2014, 19:52

YaYa should have been named YoYo.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 20 May 2014, 19:53

WTF is an effnic?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 20 May 2014, 20:30

mystiroakey wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Belgium negatives

over hyped Football team
too many pedos.

You may have heard of one story. But also the sad fact that the home of Stella(leuven) which is a beautiful town by the way. Is home not only to drinkable Stella but also the most pope protected Pedo priests.

But in truth it's a joke based on the film in bruge.

Classic scene in a restaurant involving beer, chocolate and pedos

Quality film.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 20 May 2014, 20:43

The good thing about pedo's is that they drive slowly near schools and kindergartens.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 20 May 2014, 21:53

Are we on to peado jokes now?

Best thing about f@cking twenty four year olds? There are twenty of them. Oldie but it made me laugh at the time.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 20 May 2014, 21:56

I know that joke but mine is a sicker version. It's with twenty two year olds .

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 20 May 2014, 22:02

It's a wrong joke no matter the age used in it. But jokes aren't about taste.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 20 May 2014, 22:13

It cracked me up when I heard it first. Shock factor gets ya.. 

There should be no boundaries in comedy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 20 May 2014, 23:33

mystiroakey wrote:It cracked me up when I heard it first. Shock factor gets ya.. 

Unless you work at the FA

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed 21 May 2014, 09:07

raycastleunited wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:It cracked me up when I heard it first. Shock factor gets ya.. 

Unless you work at the FA

Eh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27479048

He kept his job didn't he?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 May 2014, 09:10

Maybe he was talking about Anelka!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 21 May 2014, 09:28

beninho wrote:It's a wrong joke no matter the age used in it. But jokes aren't about taste.
Remember the one some years ago about Gary Glitter getting the England managers job?? He was sacked after 2 weeks for trying to put Seaman in the under 12's.  Yikes 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 09:42

The problem is because comedy goes so far so often, basically the jokes cease to be funny, there is no shock value anymore. I hadn't even heard the ones mentioned on here and wasn't remotely shocked, they just about raised a wry smile but that's about it.
Comedy for me is funny when its subtle, when it insinuates rather than states.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 21 May 2014, 09:55

Wozilroy engagement off? Just further indication of his rather fragile mental state?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 May 2014, 09:56

Example?

My favourite type of comedy is sitcoms.

Curb, arrested development,  peep show, alway sunny in philidelpia,  trailer park boys, extras.

All are pretty blatant comedy which is close to the line. But alot of subtle jokes as well.

I am not a huge stand up fan unless I go live and get a few beers down me.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 21 May 2014, 10:03

Futurama is brilliant, they've made a new series too!  Yahoo 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 10:06

There are certainly some dreadful "comedians" out there. Russel Brand, Russel Kane, Jack WHitehall etc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 10:10

I have enjoyed Rev, generally I prefer a program with comedy in it rather than an out and out sit com. Really like Modern Family as well though.
Cant abide stand up, detest panel shows full of people thinking they are way funnier than they really are.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next