The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adizero shoes

4 posters

Go down

Adizero shoes Empty Adizero shoes

Post by busted Tue 06 May 2014, 10:04 am

Was playing a course yesterday where there was a notice up saying that "although many courses have now banned the wearing of Adizero shoes, due to the damage they do to greens" , this course had not (yet) banned them.

I have just purchased a pair of these and was totally unaware with any issues with them.

Surely its with the cleats and not the shoes anyway - these being changable, thought it was a bit odd.

anyone else heard anything about this ?

busted

Back to top Go down

Adizero shoes Empty Re: Adizero shoes

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 06 May 2014, 1:36 pm

Yup. News has been around a while on U.S. sites. It's not exactly the cleats - more the fact they're on stupid bumps on the sole.

Some decent discussion (and photos of damage) here:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/72992/courses-banning-2014-adizero-shoes-buyer-beware
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Tue 06 May 2014, 6:27 pm

Not really too surprised by this. Not because I know the Adizeros are bad but I have always been surprised by the dents that are left on wet greens, particularly by the soft spikes where they leave holes where the soft spike goes in but the sole of the shoe is higher. The closest I have to these are Footjoy Aqualites with the manufacturer's spikes in.

I normally wear the more casual (sneaker) style of shoe and am surprised how much even they mark a green if its wet. For the record I'm 13 stones so not biggest guy on the course.

The only solution I can think of in the winter would be old style smooth leather soles and the old metal spikes which are completely metal as the last set of metal spikes I had had plastic surrounds that would do the same thing. In fact, I am sure I remember being somewhere (The Berkshire possibly) where they would only let people play in metal spikes. But that could be wrong and was a few years ago.

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Thu 08 May 2014, 7:33 pm

Just seen an ad for the Footjoy DNAs, and it strikes me they're similar and may have the same impact.

http://wpmedia.golfwrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/post-1164-0-71399700-1389725454_thumb-600x400.jpg
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down