The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
Pal Joey
kingraf
Union Cane
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
13 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Mon May 12, 2014 9:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Sh1t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Mon May 12, 2014 3:16 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Hey Galted, want a laugh?

Yes please, Julius. I really hope that I'm not stumbling into a trap.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Hey Tino, want a laugh?

I am probably going to regret this but yes, Julius, yes I do.  What have you got in store?

I'm playing in a tennis match this evening.

Congratulations.

Oh very good.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Hey Galted, want a laugh?

Yes please, Julius.  I really hope that I'm not stumbling into a trap.

Hampton.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Rowley wrote:
A) I don't have £200 million
B) I wouldn't buy Aston Villa

You don't need £200m, me and Galted are putting £100 in between us. Please pay attention.

You're trying to goad me into wasting my 10,000th post on soccerball. Something you well know that I have no interest in.

You won't fool me, Jeffrey. I won't upstage Gandalf either. That would be cruel.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 12, 2014 3:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Hampton.

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 12, 2014 3:20 pm

He's reached
Ten thou

He's upstaged me, and how!

Tino!
Tina!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 12, 2014 3:21 pm

My name appears in Tino's 10000th post! What a day!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 12, 2014 3:22 pm

10 thousand
Feels ace

I have a smile on my face

Me!
Me!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Galted wrote:My name appears in Tino's 10000th post!  What a day!

And it also highlighted Jeff's lack of grammatical skills - "me and Galted". Brilliant!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:My name appears in Tino's 10000th post!  What a day!

And it also highlighted Jeff's lack of grammatical skills - "me and Galted". Brilliant!

I can live with that, am so pleased about my congratulations quip I can quickly get over such an error.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 12, 2014 3:37 pm

All about you now, Jeff. 15,000 big ones coming up. Julius and I have done you a favour by getting our milestones over and done with today.

The Culture Cup is all yours tomorrow.

If you have any sense of fair play and decency, your 15,000th post will be directed to me and/or Julius.

But you haven't. So it won't be.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon May 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:All about you now, Jeff.  15,000 big ones coming up.  

It should be about me sticking a beer can up a chickens arris and roasting it.... For those who do care I've opted for pint can of Fosters as the chicken is organic and I guess they have larger 'movements'. I will take a photo.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon May 12, 2014 3:43 pm

seanmichaels wrote:It should be about me sticking a beer can up a chickens arris and roasting it.... For those who do care I've opted for pint can of Fosters as the chicken is organic and I guess they have larger 'movements'. I will take a photo.

I don't understand, is the can empty or full, what does this achieve?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon May 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:It should be about me sticking a beer can up a chickens arris and roasting it.... For those who do care I've opted for pint can of Fosters as the chicken is organic and I guess they have larger 'movements'. I will take a photo.

Nout sure beyond limiting Sean to only seven cans tonight.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Was hoping that my 50th post of the day would be more impressive than this after the earlier milestone efforts but it's not.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon May 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon May 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Rowley wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Nout sure beyond limiting Sean to only seven cans tonight.

3 and a bottle of white.

You open the can, drink just under a half of it, stick it up the chickens jacksie and roast it stood up. Supposed to keep it moist anf flavour the meat.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 12, 2014 3:51 pm

He's at 50
For today

Hip hip hooray!

Galted!
Galted!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Galted wrote:Was hoping that my 50th post of the day would be more impressive than this after the earlier milestone efforts but it's not.

clap   clap   clap   clap   clap   clap   clap   clap   clap   clap   Laugh   Laugh   Laugh   Laugh   laughing   thumbsup   thumbsup   clap thumbsup   thumbsup   Yahoo   Yahoo   Yahoo   laughing   laughing   Laugh   clap 

Enough?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon May 12, 2014 3:53 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Spoiler:

That's what i'm talking about!! Looks good doesnt it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon May 12, 2014 3:54 pm

You can also use an open can of baked beans (remove the label) instead of the beer. The chicken juices will run into and flavor the baked beans, which you can then use as a side dish for the chicken.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks, Julius and Tino. Though my thunder has been stolen by michaels's chicken with a can of Bud up its bum.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Galted wrote:Thanks, Julius and Tino.  Though my thunder has been stolen by michaels's chicken with a can of Bud up its bum.

Would have been more impressive with a live chicken.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon May 12, 2014 4:06 pm

Galted wrote:Thanks, Julius and Tino.  Though my thunder has been stolen by michaels's chicken with a can of Bud up its bum.

Also the perfect response to those that say we never discuss culture on here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm going to see Prince on Thursday. Does that count as culture?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 pm

I should give Union a bit of credit for the photo seeing as it was him who posted it. Well done, Union.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm going to see Prince on Thursday. Does that count as culture?

William?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon May 12, 2014 4:12 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm going to see Prince on Thursday. Does that count as culture?

William?

Rogers Nelson.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon May 12, 2014 4:14 pm

Almost certainly. I am going to a gig on Wednesday as well Julius. There is life in us old dogs yet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Rowley wrote:

Almost certainly. I am going to a gig on Wednesday as well Julius. There is life in us old dogs yet.

1D?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon May 12, 2014 4:17 pm

Rowley wrote:

1D?

No, four times in the same year is enough even for me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon May 12, 2014 4:37 pm

The Rowleys look forward to their night out...

Spoiler:

(Jeff is on the left)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 13, 2014 7:50 am

Ratiocinative on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 13, 2014 7:50 am

Fist again, I'm becoming synonymous with fist place.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue May 13, 2014 7:51 am

Bugger. Thought I'd be first on.

I will never cook a chicken without a can of red stripe up its arris again (Fosters can didn't make it to tea time).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 13, 2014 7:53 am

Got to get up early to beat galted nowadays

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 13, 2014 7:56 am

Rowley wrote:Got to get up early to beat galted nowadays

Yep, got a bellyful of green tea and am raring to go. I suspect that something awful's happened to kingraf though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 am

Can't bloody host an image..... Work blocked the link.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 13, 2014 8:00 am

seanmichaels wrote:Bugger. Thought I'd be first on.

I will never cook a chicken without a can of red stripe up its arris again (Fosters can didn't make it to tea time).

Laugh 

It could become the English answer to Coq Au Vin.

Waiter, I'd like to try the Chicken with a Can of Lager up its 'Arris a la Michaels and, from the beer list, I'll take 14 cans of your second cheapest beer.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 13, 2014 8:12 am

Galted wrote:I'll take 14 cans of your second cheapest beer.

Common mistake.

Never go for the second cheapest on the wine (beer) list as it's almost always the worst value for money. You're better off going for the house red or white as they will choose a good one as it's representative of the restaurant. Most people go for the house wine so the establishment have get it right.

The second biggest percentage of people go for the second cheapest as they don't want to appear tight even though they usually are. The restaurants all know this so put a poorer (cheap) wine as the second cheapest as they get a better return.

Either spend the extra money and get a better bottle or go for the house wine and don't be embarrassed by asking for it.

Of course, if you're not bothered by wine or don't have a palate for it, it will all taste sh*t and make no difference.

You can take this lesson as a gift from me to you.

heart 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue May 13, 2014 8:15 am

Common mistake.

Never go for the second cheapest on the wine (beer) list as it's almost always the worst value for money.  You're better off going for the house red or white as they will choose a good one as it's representative of the restaurant.  Most people go for the house wine so the establishment have get it right.

The second biggest percentage of people go for the second cheapest as they don't want to appear tight even though they usually are.  The restaurants all know this so put a poorer (cheap) wine as the second cheapest as they get a better return.

Either spend the extra money and get a better bottle or go for the house wine and don't be embarrassed by asking for it.

Of course, if you're not bothered by wine or don't have a palate for it, it will all taste sh*t and make no difference.

heart 

A post worth getting out of bed for.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 13, 2014 8:17 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Common mistake.

Never go for the second cheapest on the wine (beer) list as it's almost always the worst value for money.  You're better off going for the house red or white as they will choose a good one as it's representative of the restaurant.  Most people go for the house wine so the establishment have get it right.

The second biggest percentage of people go for the second cheapest as they don't want to appear tight even though they usually are.  The restaurants all know this so put a poorer (cheap) wine as the second cheapest as they get a better return.

heart 

A post worth getting out of bed for.

Thanks Julius. Your reply has made this a good day already.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 13, 2014 8:18 am

Common mistake.

heart 

That's why I always let Tino order the wine.

heart heart heart

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue May 13, 2014 8:19 am

Eagerly awaiting Jeff's next post. I'm on tenderhooks and waiting with baited breath. So much so, I've decided to spell really poorly, like michaels.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 13, 2014 8:19 am

Galted wrote:

Common mistake.

heart 

That's why I always let Tino order the wine.

heart heart heart

But you never let me go on top.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 13, 2014 8:21 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Eagerly awaiting Jeff's next post. I'm on tenderhooks and waiting with baited breath. So much so, I've decided to spell really poorly, like michaels.

It's a huge moment for the Culture Cup.

Will he choose to post here or go back to his spiritual home on the boxing board and post something about an obscure Hungarian Flyweight from the 1920's.

Exciting time for us all...

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue May 13, 2014 8:26 am

I shall be going to Bandol for a week or so in July. They have these places called Caveau where the vineyards sell their wine in boxes (3l or 5l) or crates of 6 bottles. As an alternative, and what the Racists do, you can take a jerry can or 4 gallon water bottle and fill it up from a tap in the wall. The wine is as good as anything you'll get in a supermarket over here and about 10 euros for 4 gallons.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue May 13, 2014 8:37 am

I think Rowley posts a 3000 word essay on the greatest "he could have been" in the history of boxing, Kay Masaki.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 13, 2014 9:03 am

Common mistake.

heart 

I play them at their own game and always ask for the second most expensive wine.

Last edited by superflyweight on Tue May 13, 2014 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just felt like it)

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 13, 2014 9:05 am

superflyweight wrote:

Common mistake.

heart 

I play them at their own game and always ask for the second cheapest wine.  

That's because you're a clown.

Are you on holiday? How is it going and how did the Caligula style orgy go at the weekend with Mrs 'Fly and your gay 'friends'?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next