The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
Pal Joey
kingraf
Union Cane
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
13 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 5 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Mon 12 May 2014 - 9:51

First topic message reminder :

Sh1t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:10

No - holiday is next week. Disappointing - no one else was up for it, despite the fact that I didn't do a Michaels and bung up my toilet with a barely digested curry.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 5 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:13

I thought long and hard about how to mark my 15,000th post. Was considering underplaying it and just making it my usual poorly constructed and ill thought out grammatical minefield that is typical of the other 14,999, but such laziness just will not suffice. If the culture cup has taught us anything, and I cling to the fantasy that it has, it is that the only true art form and means of self expression left to us is bad EMO poetry.

Where once was a green badge, the respect of my peers
Sits a husk of a man, a face stained with tears
Julius mocks me, makes me depressed
Michaels seems happy, but is clearly repressed
Can happiness be found in a pair of hi tecs
Or a fictitious wife and imaginary sex?
Tina hates me and I don’t know why
He prefers the pseudo ways of superfly.
I look in the mirror and things seem so black
Maybe the boxing board will welcome me back.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:13

I just tried to have a dump but nothing's coming out. The combination of straining and inadvertently pressing on my pressure points caused my legs to go to sleep and I had huge difficulty walking up the stairs and back to my desk. A coffee should put that right.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:15

Rowley wrote:I thought long and hard about how to mark my 15,000th post. Was considering underplaying it and just making it my usual poorly constructed and ill thought out grammatical minefield that is typical of the other 14,999, but such laziness just will not suffice. If the culture cup has taught us anything, and I cling to the fantasy that it has, it is that the only true art form and means of self expression left to us is bad EMO poetry.

Bravo Jeff. Beautiful stuff and a fitting post to mark the occasion.

One thing, I don't hate you. Although I do prefer Superfly. That much is true.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:15

Rowley wrote:

Douze Points. clap

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:18

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:One thing, I don't hate you.  Although I do prefer Superfly.  That much is true.

In all fairness Tina I prefer superfly to me so can't hold it against you too much.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:19

Very good Jeff, you haven't disgraced yourself in the battle of the milestones, or the "milestone battle" as I like to call it. Post 15001 was quite good as well. Sorry about the dump story.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:26

Galted wrote:Very good Jeff, you haven't disgraced yourself in the battle of the milestones, or the "milestone battle" as I like to call it.  Post 15001 was quite good as well.  Sorry about the dump story.

I think he beat me in the "milestone battle" or "battle of the milestones" as I like to call it.

Jeff outwitted me and made me talk about soccerball.  I have been thinking about the footy thing, Jeff/Galted.  If, and I mean if, I could get the £200 million together, I will make Aston Villa play in a wilted spinach coloured green strip with pullovers.  Hope that won't upset you Villans too much.

Galted, I tried to inject a bit of culture with a Caligula reference but you dumped (or not) all over it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:33

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Very good Jeff, you haven't disgraced yourself in the battle of the milestones, or the "milestone battle" as I like to call it.  Post 15001 was quite good as well.  Sorry about the dump story.

I think he beat me in the "milestone battle" or "battle of the milestones" as I like to call it.

Jeff outwitted me and made me talk about soccerball.  I have been thinking about the footy thing, Jeff/Galted.  If, and I mean if, I could get the £200 million together, I will make Aston Villa play in a wilted spinach coloured green strip with pullovers.  Hope that won't upset you Villans too much.

Galted, I tried to inject a bit of culture with a Caligula reference but you dumped (or not) all over it.

Apologies, Tino, though Caligula is about as relevant to culture as Debbie Does Dallas or White Dicks Black Chicks vol 2.

You'd change the Villa strip to green at your peril as people would be pointing at you in the street saying "Villa w*nker" unless you changed your wardrobe to, say, claret and blue.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:35

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:One thing, I don't hate you.  Although I do prefer Superfly.  That much is true.

In all fairness Tina I prefer superfly to me so can't hold it against you too much.

I prefer me too.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:37

Galted wrote:

Apologies, Tino, though Caligula is about as relevant to culture as Debbie Does Dallas or White Dicks Black Chicks vol 2.

You'd change the Villa strip to green at your peril as people would be pointing at you in the street saying "Villa w*nker" unless you changed your wardrobe to, say, claret and blue.

Chim, chimney
Chim, chimney
Chim, chim, cher-oo
Who are those w*nkers in claret and blue?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:39

Rowley wrote:I thought long and hard about how to mark my 15,000th post. Was considering underplaying it and just making it my usual poorly constructed and ill thought out grammatical minefield that is typical of the other 14,999, but such laziness just will not suffice. If the culture cup has taught us anything, and I cling to the fantasy that it has, it is that the only true art form and means of self expression left to us is bad EMO poetry.

clap

15 thou
That's grand

In fact, it's 15 grand

Geoffrey!
Rowley!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 13 May 2014 - 9:49

Galted wrote:I just tried to have a dump but nothing's coming out.  The combination of straining and inadvertently pressing on my pressure points caused my legs to go to sleep and I had huge difficulty walking up the stairs and back to my desk.  A coffee should put that right.

Just had a terrific poo myself. Think the coffee from the canteen has more loosening qualities than the coffee from the machine.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 10:17

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:I just tried to have a dump but nothing's coming out.  The combination of straining and inadvertently pressing on my pressure points caused my legs to go to sleep and I had huge difficulty walking up the stairs and back to my desk.  A coffee should put that right.

Just had a terrific poo myself. Think the coffee from the canteen has more loosening qualities than the coffee from the machine.

No joy yet with a poo or a coffee, though the numb-legged walk upstairs is probably good practice for getting old.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 May 2014 - 10:32

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

No joy yet with a poo or a coffee, though the numb-legged walk upstairs is probably good practice for getting old.

Definitely. It also helps if you're trailing poo and dribbling coffee at the same time.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:35

Bit of an anticlimax after all the milestones being reached within such a short space of time. A good thing that we've got my excellent thread-opener.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:41

He opened
the thread

He gives his sister head

Galted!
Galted!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:46

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He opened
the thread

He gives his sister head

Galted!
Galted!

No
I don't

I'd like to but she won't

Dumb b1tch!
Lesbo!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:47

She does it
for me

She lets me drink her wee

Galted's sister!
Galted's sister!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:54

Sh!t on here
today

I like to read that every day

Opener!
Opener!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 11:56

How did the big match go last night, Jules?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 May 2014 - 12:02

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:How did the big match go last night, Jules?

It was like all my life's dreams have been setting themselves up to be shattered and last night was the hammer.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 12:03

JuliusHMarx wrote:

It was like all my life's dreams have been setting themselves up to be shattered and last night was the hammer.

So Beryl from the nursing home smashed you again?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 May 2014 - 12:05

JuliusHMarx wrote:

So Beryl from the nursing home smashed you again?

Worse, she then rejected my post-match advances.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 May 2014 - 12:07

By the way, turns out dagless was H R Giger.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 12:15

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:She does it
for me

She lets me drink her wee

Galted's sister!
Galted's sister!

F*ck you
Tino

Stay off her camel toe

F*ck you
F*ck you

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 13 May 2014 - 12:31

JuliusHMarx wrote:By the way, turns out dagless was H R Giger.

Nah, he said he'd be off to Ireland for a few days.

To paraphrase certain Celtic supporters:

He's off to Ireland in the green
F*ck the Queen

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:14

He killed the thread
Mentioned Rick took the queen to bed
Superfly Superfly

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:16

He's our favourite
Scotsman

He dines with Gok Wan

Superfly!
Superfly!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:17

Left over chicken a la barrymore, 3 M&S cocktail sausage rolls and some pineapple chunks. Instigated poo number 2.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:22

What's chicken a la Barrymore? Something you fished out of a swimming pool?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:23

Gok Wan is an anagram of go w@nk.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:23

JuliusHMarx wrote:What's chicken a la Barrymore? Something you fished out of a swimming pool?

Outstanding!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:27

The "chicken a la Barrymore" bit was exceptionally funny in its own right.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:32

Sandwich, fruit and that.

Was ok.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:40

superflyweight wrote:Gok Wan is an anagram of go w@nk.  

Even for a pseudo-intellectual, that is poor. Or op is is an anagram for poor...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:52

Just watched the video of Jay Z getting beaten down by his sister in law. Sheesh, give these women one inch and they'll karate kick you to hell and back
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 13:53

Two corned beef sandwiches. Both with brown sauce. (7.95/10)

Packet of Walkers Deep Ridge salt and vinegar crisps. (5.89/10)

5 pink marshmallows (9.133/10) a Penguin bar (7.118/10) and a banana (6.875/10). Pint of water (3.257/10) and a black coffee (8.414/10).

I am scared to go in the canteen after Kim sat next to me so I've been having sarnies.

Shouldn't have had corned beef though. Brought back distressing memories from my time at Goose Green.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:03

Logged onto facebook, and some girl is posting a message about how her little brother is in hospital and they're struggling to resuscitate him.

Its rather disturbing that one posts a blow by blow account of something this personal.
Some idiot just posted his condolences... the kid isnt dead yet idiot
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:08

kingraf wrote:Logged onto facebook, and some girl is posting a message about how her little brother is in hospital and they're struggling to resuscitate him.

Its rather disturbing that one posts a blow by blow account of something this personal.

Is there the obiligatory "Clifford F*ckwit and 11 others like this"?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:11

kingraf wrote:Logged onto facebook, and some girl is posting a message about how her little brother is in hospital and they're struggling to resuscitate him.

Is the 'some girl' a facebook friend of yours, or do you just gets posts from random people?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:16

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Is the 'some girl' a facebook friend of yours, or do you just gets posts from random people?

Do you get annoyed at intrusive lines of questioning like Julius's or does it secretly thrill you that he's read your post and not forgotten to respond?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:16

I FB'd a colleague at work on Friday night in the taxi home. I was horrified when I read it on Saturday morning.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:17

JuliusHMarx wrote:

she's a person I used to sponge off of in high school. Ever since I finished school, and got a job, she's been some girl.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:20

kingraf wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

she's a person I used to sponge off of in high school. Ever since I finished school, and got a job, she's been some girl.

Have you seen the bird who's getting her back doors smashed in by the barman recently?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:21

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Do you get annoyed at intrusive lines of questioning like Julius's or does it secretly thrill you that he's read your post and not forgotten to respond?

I feel it's my duty to help the elderly in their pursuit of technological dexterity, so I play along
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:22

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Please tell me you don't have a Facebook account, Jules. That would destroy my last remnants of faith in humanity.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:25

How good would Facebook be if there was an "xx thinks you're a c*nt button" next to the "like" button?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:26

Just to clarify then - the brother of someone you know well enough to be friends with on Facebook is dying, if not already dead?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 13 May 2014 - 14:27

seanmichaels wrote:
kingraf wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Have you seen the bird who's getting her back doors smashed in by the barman recently?

1) F.uck you Sean.
2) Not lately, but I saw barman a few weeks ago when I went to the Martin Murray fight, which took place where he worked. If he was a foot shorter, and didn't outweigh me by 50lbs, or I'd beat him up
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next