The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Mon 12 May 2014, 9:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Sh1t on here today.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 8:54 am

It was hurtful Tina, am beginning to realise the hurt I caused when I made my Prince Phillip crack some time ago. This whole incident has served as something of an epiphany to me. May have to be nicer to people round here. Obviously that does not include anyone on any political threads, who are almost without fail bell ends.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 9:01 am

Broke another mower last night. Hit an effing spike / stud. Not happy today

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 May 2014, 9:14 am

Rowley wrote:It was hurtful Tina, am beginning to realise the hurt I caused when I made my Prince Phillip crack some time ago. This whole incident has served as something of an epiphany to me. May have to be nicer to people round here. Obviously that does not include anyone on any political threads, who are almost without fail bell ends.

It was a funny wisecrack, Jeff.

It was painful and untrue but don't let that put you off.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 9:16 am

Darned good boxing man that Mayweather. Bloody splendid pugilist.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 9:18 am

Galted wrote:Darned good boxing man that Mayweather.  Bloody splendid pugilist.

Jeff has never heard of Mayweather. He stopped watching boxing after the war.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 9:23 am

He's missing out then. There's nothing like watching Frank Mayweather giving the other boxing chap a damn thorough pummelling. Bosh! Biff! Kapow!
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 9:25 am

Galted wrote:He's missing out then.  There's nothing like watching Frank Mayweather giving the other boxing chap a damn thorough pummelling.  Bosh!  Biff!  Kapow!

The best quote I ever read on the boxing forum was this:

boxers
by ollie_Stone (U14490828) 23 June 2010
cood someone please tell me why all boxers have such big red hands?

what does everybody think?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 9:32 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:He's missing out then.  There's nothing like watching Frank Mayweather giving the other boxing chap a damn thorough pummelling.  Bosh!  Biff!  Kapow!

The best quote I ever read on the boxing forum was this:

boxers
by ollie_Stone (U14490828) 23 June 2010
cood someone please tell me why all boxers have such big red hands?

what does everybody think?

Laugh 

I would post that on one of the DM comments sections but my comments all seem to be rejected.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 9:33 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:Darned good boxing man that Mayweather.  Bloody splendid pugilist.

Jeff has never heard of Mayweather. He stopped watching boxing after the war.

The Boer War.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 10:42 am

w@nk on here this week.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 May 2014, 10:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:w@nk on here this week.

I'd like to try and contribute more but I am really f*cking busy. Sorry.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 10:49 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:w@nk on here this week.

I'd like to try and contribute more but I am really f*cking busy.  Sorry.

I would love to contribute more, but have absolutely nothing to say or to offer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 10:52 am

I'd contribute more but I'm having a massive gay jizzfest with my colleagues.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 11:22 am

If anyone is in the vicinity of the City I suggest you get over to Liverpool Street station asap. I've just seen a kid with a harelip walking past the Bishopsgate entrance.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 11:25 am

Galted wrote:If anyone is in the vicinity of the City I suggest you get over to Liverpool Street station asap.  I've just seen a kid with a harelip walking past the Bishopsgate entrance.

It's moments like this that make me envy you boys in the big city.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 11:28 am

Anyone in the vicinity of Bracknell, pop down to waitrose. The fitty is on the trolleys again.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 12:52 pm

Frustrating that no-one famous dies on the day that Julius, dagless, kingraf, superfly and union all go missing.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 20 May 2014, 12:53 pm

Any one near Bradford... Have a word with yourself

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 12:54 pm

Galted wrote:Frustrating that no-one famous dies on the day that Julius, dagless, kingraf, superfly and union all go missing.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 12:55 pm

Superfly is on holiday. He did give us forewarning. Good in that it stops us being concerned. Bad in that it stops us linking him with celebrity deaths, although as there are not any probably a blessing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 20 May 2014, 12:58 pm

Looks like I was just in time, is Julius back in cryogenic stasis again to preserve what years he has?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 12:58 pm

Rowley wrote:Superfly is on holiday. He did give us forewarning. Good in that it stops us being concerned. Bad in that it stops us linking him with celebrity deaths, although as there are not any probably a blessing.

"Holiday" eh? Could Superfly be Abu Hamza?
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 1:04 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:Superfly is on holiday. He did give us forewarning. Good in that it stops us being concerned. Bad in that it stops us linking him with celebrity deaths, although as there are not any probably a blessing.

"Holiday" eh?  Could Superfly be Abu Hamza?

No, Shah is Abu Hamza.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 1:11 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

"Holiday" eh?  Could Superfly be Abu Hamza?

No, Shah is Abu Hamza.

Laugh 

I forgot about Peaches.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 1:16 pm

Funny how the outpouring of condolences dried up once it was discovered she was a smack head....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 20 May 2014, 1:42 pm

I'm not Leon Stent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-27485138
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 1:49 pm

Union Cane wrote:I'm not Leon Stent.

Sure it was the police and not the serial killer? There's a lot of shallow graves in that picture.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 20 May 2014, 1:49 pm

Julius could be Jack Brabham

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 1:51 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Julius could be Jack Brabham

No, he denied this yesterday.

Look at the evidence. Old man, seedy character. Artiste. Suddenly started posting infrequently....... Quite clearly Rolf Harris.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 20 May 2014, 1:53 pm

sean wrote:No, he denied this yesterday.

Look at the evidence. Old man, seedy character. Artiste. Suddenly started posting infrequently....... Quite clearly Rolf Harris.

Cheers sean, missed the denial, and you do paint a convincing argument for Rolf, but Aussies do not tend to be the most verbose or erudite of folk, Rolf included...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 20 May 2014, 1:56 pm

Rowley wrote:Superfly is on holiday.

Not a yachting holiday I hope...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 20 May 2014, 2:13 pm

Ha Smile

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 20 May 2014, 2:14 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Rowley wrote:Superfly is on holiday.

Not a yachting holiday I hope...

You don't think he was one of the four british yachtsman who discovered wreckage from missing flight MH370 before being blown up by the US navy?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 2:15 pm

Union Cane wrote:I'm not Leon Stent.

I burst into laughter out loud when I read the first paragraph. Genius.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 20 May 2014, 2:28 pm

Galted wrote:I burst into laughter out loud when I read the first paragraph. Genius.

Sounds like it could be a "sean" story on a Monday.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 20 May 2014, 2:29 pm

Culture Cup is way off the top 20 pace at the moment...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 3:29 pm

Given superfly is on holiday and Tina seems to think doing some work is more important we need to get more creative in how we boost our post count Rick. Luckily I am here, and as well as an all round raconteur and bon vivant I am also a master at creative thinking and problem solving. My solution is we need to subtly drag users away from their normal boards to discuss the topics they never get bored of on here. I will get the ball rolling soon, will try and do it subtlety enough for it not to be obvious.

Anyway moving on Rick me and TSMR were discussing tennis last night and she claimed Federer was really good and Nadal was rubbish. Would you agree?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 3:33 pm

Rowley wrote:Given superfly is on holiday and Tina seems to think doing some work is more important we need to get more creative in how we boost our post count Rick. Luckily I am here, and as well as an all round raconteur and bon vivant I am also a master at creative thinking and problem solving. My solution is we need to subtly drag users away from their normal boards to discuss the topics they never get bored of on here. I will get the ball rolling soon, will try and do it subtlety enough for it not to be obvious.

Anyway moving on Rick me and TSMR were discussing tennis last night and she claimed Federer was really good and Nadal was rubbish. Would you agree?

I was out with TDMR and Weisz last night, we went to an arthropod exhibition. They were so thrilled with my centipede anecdotes that they let me finger them simultaneously.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 May 2014, 3:34 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:Given superfly is on holiday and Tina seems to think doing some work is more important we need to get more creative in how we boost our post count Rick. Luckily I am here, and as well as an all round raconteur and bon vivant I am also a master at creative thinking and problem solving. My solution is we need to subtly drag users away from their normal boards to discuss the topics they never get bored of on here. I will get the ball rolling soon, will try and do it subtlety enough for it not to be obvious.

I was out with TDMR and Weisz last night, we went to an arthropod exhibition.  They were so thrilled with my centipede anecdotes that they let me finger them simultaneously.

Tw*t.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 3:34 pm

By the way, Jeff, that post of yours could easily have been broken up into 4 or 5 posts. You won't find yourself climbing the top 20 with such negligence.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 May 2014, 3:36 pm

Rowley wrote:an all round raconteur and bon vivant

That made me lol out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 3:37 pm

Tonight I'm taking some fat birds to a beer and mower fest.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 3:45 pm

Galted wrote:By the way, Jeff, that post of yours could easily have been broken up into 4 or 5 posts.  You won't find yourself climbing the top 20 with such negligence.

Such things matter little to me. I am rock and roll.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 May 2014, 3:47 pm

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:By the way, Jeff, that post of yours could easily have been broken up into 4 or 5 posts.  You won't find yourself climbing the top 20 with such negligence.

You're about as rock and roll as ABBA.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 3:49 pm

Rowley wrote:

Me and Julius went to gigs only last week, mid week as well, we are more rock and roll than an early 70s Keith Richards.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 3:56 pm

Rowley wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Me and Julius went to gigs only last week, mid week as well, we are more rock and roll than an early 70s Keith Richards.

I went to an Interpol gig a few weeks ago. I was awfully pleased to be in the seating area.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 4:03 pm

Sorry Galted, but that is not acceptable. I have never sat down at a gig where standing is an option.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 4:16 pm

Rowley wrote:Sorry Galted, but that is not acceptable. I have never sat down at a gig where standing is an option.

I might get jostled and lose my glasses.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 May 2014, 4:22 pm

I would imagine the hustle and bustle down the front of a gig is a great test for the Hi Tec and Wolfskin's ruggedness.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 May 2014, 4:27 pm

Rowley wrote:I would imagine the hustle and bustle down the front of a gig is a great test for the Hi Tec and Wolfskin's ruggedness.

I tend to be a bit wary wearing them where impressionable people gather as I wouldn't want to start a trend and see the price increase dramatically.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum