The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup League

+4
Fernando
sodhat
Marky
Trebs
8 posters

Go down

World Cup League Empty World Cup League

Post by Trebs Sun 18 May 2014, 6:15 pm

Hello all, new and old.

I am looking at setting up a world cup league using sides competing in the world cup, in a game which includes transfers and tactics in matches. The format will depend on the number of managers interested, it will either be a league or group and knockout. But I am hoping to make the game have some longevity if possible, using the world cup as the starting season.

To try to keep things as even as possible, all teams will be allocated using a random draw, with swaps permitted should both managers agree to it. All squads will be the 23 men taken to the world cup. The pool of teams will be Uruguay, Switzerland, Colombia, Chile, Russia, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Holland as the starting eight, but this is subject to change and more teams could be added if the interest is sufficient. The top teams are to be avoided to ensure that foreigns are as competitive as possible.

My plan is to try and stagger the foreign transfers to keep things interesting. This will be in three stages:
1. Only players from countries not in the world cup, so the likes of Bale and Ibrahimovic become available.
2. Any player not involved in the world cup, so the likes of Carrick and Cole become available.
3. Any player from teams not in the game are available, so Neymar and Rooney become available.

On a matchday, predictions will be asked for, and a reason MUST be provided for the scoreline, otherwise it will be discounted. A method of deciding the scores will be produced and made clear before the first games. Tactics will also be asked for, with approximately 250 words (10 lines).

Each week, three offers will come in for your players from other countries, using the transfermarkt website to determine the prices. At least one offer must be accepted. The transfer window will run for half of the week, with the second half of the week all transfers locked (any transfers agreed cannot go through until the following week) and four injuries announced. The purpose of locking transfers is to prevent signing players purely because of an injury and to promote general squad depth. The only transfer allowed will be an emergency goalkeeper which must be under the value of £1m.

That's the general plan, I'm sure more rules will come into it and ideas are always allowed to change. But this is my framework of the league.
Please comment below if interested, It would be good to get lots of numbers in.

Trebs

Trebs

Back to top Go down

World Cup League Empty Re: World Cup League

Post by Marky Mon 19 May 2014, 10:33 am

Sounds good but I'm not convinced by National teams making transfers, even in fantasy form.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 19 May 2014, 10:40 am

My thinking is that there'll be more extreme strengths and weaknesses in national teams, and that this could be made into a league like the euro division, i think the starting point is different and would make a change.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 19 May 2014, 10:55 am

I'll take a team.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 19 May 2014, 10:56 am

Can i be Colombia  Whistle 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 19 May 2014, 10:57 am

I WANT ENGERLAND
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 19 May 2014, 3:42 pm

England will not be involved in the game, they have a big advantage over the foreign teams due to the knowledge of the players. Nobody is getting any team, it will be a random draw and swapsies will be allowed if wanted.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 19 May 2014, 5:13 pm

Potentially interested in this. Gonna wait and see on the numbers and see who's signed up before I officially confirm or not but the World Cup league sounds interesting. Good basis on having world-class players already involved with a good platform to build on...

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 May 2014, 8:27 pm

Anyone just doing a fantasy football world cup thing, on like metro etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 20 May 2014, 2:09 pm

I'll tentatively put my name down, but I think it works better without transfers.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 21 May 2014, 12:35 pm

I am also advertising the league on a certain other 606 website, as I'm not sure how much interest there will be on here and I'm wondering if there is more there. My preference is to set up the league here though.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 22 May 2014, 11:32 am

guess i could temporarily step out of retirement
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 26 May 2014, 11:53 pm

Needing a few more managers, unless there's more by the end of tomorrow that confirm interest I'm sorry to say that this won't be going ahead.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 10:17 pm

isnt anyone just doing a like metro football fantasy for the WC on here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down