The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
Rowley
Pal Joey
Union Cane
Galted
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
kingraf
12 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 8 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 21 May 2014, 2:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:How's Kim? There was a girl in our meeting who was a bit roomy but had a decent face. Would definitley make love to it given half the chance. I imagine Kim would be like her.

Reason for editing : too many hers, but not to correct 'definitley'

Just bog off
 clap clap clap notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 
That nearly made me ROFLMAO...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 8 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 29 May 2014, 9:20 am

There is something about Kate Humble...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 8 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Thu 29 May 2014, 9:32 am

rick_dagless wrote:There is something about Kate Humble...

It'd be like having Carlos Valderrama stuck on your Hampton.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 29 May 2014, 9:37 am

sean wrote:It'd be like having Carlos Valderrama stuck on your Hampton..

With a much nicer smile, but you have potentially ruined that one for me mate...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 29 May 2014, 9:40 am

Strachan is alright but it would be a bit like doing your primary school teacher. I think Nadia Sowalla would be filth, and the bird off location location would be a good fat ride. Pound for pound presenter wise it'd have to be between Sarah Beeney, Julia Bradbury and Carol off BBC weather.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 29 May 2014, 9:42 am

The bird off Homes Under the Hammer would be a goer I reckon...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 29 May 2014, 9:46 am

She looks like my older brother's bird. There's a posh bird off of countdown who does the dictionary bit. Jeff or Jules would no her name. She'd get it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 29 May 2014, 9:48 am

Susie Dent. Reckon countdown is a charade for her swinging tendencies.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 29 May 2014, 9:54 am

seanmichaels wrote:She looks like my older brother's bird. There's a posh bird off of countdown who does the dictionary bit. Jeff or Jules would no her name. She'd get it.

*know*

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 29 May 2014, 10:04 am

Suzzane Reid is MILF'y also.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 29 May 2014, 10:10 am

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:She looks like my older brother's bird. There's a posh bird off of countdown who does the dictionary bit. Jeff or Jules would no her name. She'd get it.

*know*

bog off jeff

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 29 May 2014, 10:11 am

rick_dagless wrote:Suzzane Reid is MILF'y also.

everyone and their dog has had it these days.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 29 May 2014, 10:19 am

I haven't

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 29 May 2014, 10:21 am

rick_dagless wrote:I haven't

Nor me Rick. Fairly confident I would remember as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 29 May 2014, 10:21 am

seanmichaels wrote:Strachan is alright but it would be a bit like doing your primary school teacher. I think Nadia Sowalla would be filth, and the bird off location location would be a good fat ride. Pound for pound presenter wise it'd have to be between Sarah Beeney, Julia Bradbury and Carol off BBC weather.

Gordon?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 29 May 2014, 10:25 am

Jeff wrote:Nor me Rick. Fairly confident I would remember as well. .

Phew, I was starting to get a bit of a complex then, especially as the dog is getting laid more than me!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 29 May 2014, 10:39 am

Enough with the pedantry. Wonder what Galted is eating today.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 29 May 2014, 12:26 pm

sean wrote:Enough with the pedantry. Wonder what Galted is eating today......

I guess now he has all the time he would have spent on here to contemplate his lunch options, so London is his oyster.

We will have to wait until 18:00 to find out, but I am going for a KFC whinge.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 29 May 2014, 12:29 pm

I reckon he had some seeds of some kind. The suspense is killing me.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 29 May 2014, 12:31 pm

I am having Burger King. Realise the write up is nowhere near as exciting as those provided by Galted, but we all have to try our best to make up for the loss.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 29 May 2014, 12:37 pm

I had a chicken and rocket salad prepared by my own hands and followed that up with a cereal bar. Managed to put on half a stone on holiday and it needs shifting.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 29 May 2014, 12:47 pm

I had Spiced Meatballs in pitta bread...

And salad in sympathy of superfly catching Toppy up in the weight stakes.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 29 May 2014, 12:50 pm

I had an oats banana smoothie
Taste - 10/10, if you're that way inclined.
price - 10/10 - 1/2 price Thursday
Health - 10/10
Value - 10/10 (paid what equates to less than a pound, for 750ml).

Feeling fantastic
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 29 May 2014, 2:15 pm

Greetings from Spain. It's about 25 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. Just about to open a cold beer.

I'm sure it's just as lovely in Rotherham, Edinburgh and Bracknell though.

Just bought 2 tickets for the rugby world cup final in November '15 as well. And a couple for semi-final 1.

What a result.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 29 May 2014, 2:23 pm

Not sure about Edinburgh, Bracknell, or Rotherham, but it's 23 degrees not a cloud in the sky in Johannesburg. No beer though, and no world cup tickets, but the smoothie was fantastic
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 29 May 2014, 2:27 pm

Weather is cack in Bradders...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 29 May 2014, 2:43 pm

It's rubbish in Edinburgh, but at least I didn't have a smoothie!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 29 May 2014, 2:44 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Greetings from Spain.  It's about 25 degrees, not a cloud in the sky.  Just about to open a cold beer.

Just bought 2 tickets for the rugby world cup final in November '15 as well.  And a couple for semi-final 1.

What a result.

bog off windows

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 29 May 2014, 4:27 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Greetings from Spain.  It's about 25 degrees, not a cloud in the sky.  Just about to open a cold beer.

Just bought 2 tickets for the rugby world cup final in November '15 as well.  And a couple for semi-final 1.

What a result.

And through all of that, you still come on the culture cup thread to get any form of human contact that isn't a toddlers fist.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 29 May 2014, 8:29 pm

Just to clear a few things up:
I'm not an IT geek, I wouldn't have a clue how to bypass the bank's forum-blocking system of evil
my phone is a Samsung Galaxy spaz and is not capable of posting to forums or displaying them in a readable manner
I had humus, ryvita, olives, roasted peppers, feta and cherry tomatoes for lunch, it was jolly nice
I don't dress like Ray Mears
Jack Whitehall is a c*nt
Windows should bog off, Mr I've Just Bought 2 Tickets For The Rugby World Cup Final In November '15 And A Couple For Semi-Final 1
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 30 May 2014, 6:36 am

Galted wrote:I'm not an IT geek, I wouldn't have a clue how to bypass the bank's forum-blocking system of evil

Claim you need to access certain forums in order to facilitate your current role, as there is often information on there which assists in informatin gathering....

That's what I do

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 7:24 am

In early. Had a crap. Waiting for canteen to open.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 30 May 2014, 8:07 am

Been in a while, already had the early morning coffee poo trigger...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 8:11 am

This coffee is sheeeeet. Looks like my early morning pi55 after a heavy night.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 30 May 2014, 8:28 am

We have a really nice in house coffe shop here, darn tasty, but can someone explain to me the point of ordering a double de-caf espresso? Some guy ordered it in front of me today.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 30 May 2014, 8:37 am

Any cultural plans this weekend.

Mrs Superfly is off out again tonight (still think she could be having an affair - but she's got her period just now, so the joke's on the other guy) so I'm planning on dipping my toes into "Cannery Row" by John Steinbeck whilst listening to Sibelius' Violin Concerto in D Minor followed by Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D Major.

Tomorrow night I'm going to be equally cultured and order the Froch/Groves fight and get very drunk on a boatload of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (weighs in at an impressive 5.6%).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 30 May 2014, 8:39 am

rick_dagless wrote:We have a really nice in house coffe shop here, darn tasty, but can someone explain to me the point of ordering a double de-caf espresso?  Some guy ordered it in front of me today.

The point surely is that he's a d1ck and in ordering it, he is carrying out his civic duty of identifying himself as a d1ck.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 30 May 2014, 8:43 am

super wrote:Any cultural plans this weekend.

Purchased a PS4 so will be hammering that tonight, and then similar for the Warrior vs the Dragon (breath)

And yes he is a massive hipster tool, they should have a sigil inscribed on the forehead to stop them wasting my time in a queue.... Dick

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 8:46 am

Supposed to be on a work do but not worth the grief from the missus. Instead I'll head down to the club again to cop an eyeful of MILF/GILF. Heading down to Bournemouth tomorrow. May do a mackerel trip if the weather isn't too bad.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 30 May 2014, 8:48 am

seanmichaels wrote:Supposed to be on a work do but not worth the grief from the missus. Instead I'll head down to the club again to cop an eyeful of MILF/GILF. Heading down to Bournemouth tomorrow. May do a mackerel trip if the weather isn't too bad.

Euphemism?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 8:50 am

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Supposed to be on a work do but not worth the grief from the missus. Instead I'll head down to the club again to cop an eyeful of MILF/GILF. Heading down to Bournemouth tomorrow. May do a mackerel trip if the weather isn't too bad.

Euphemism?  

Nope. That rod is in the loft gathering dust.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 8:54 am

I'm not a Joey Barton fan but I thought his analogy was pretty solid. Not offensive at all. Birds are just as bad, just more deceitful.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 May 2014, 9:00 am

Am doing nothing tonight, other than a trip to Costco to get booze for tomorrow night. Then watching the fight at my brothers tomorrow evening. I will also be reading when not watching the fight this weekend, however unlike you Superfly I will not be listening to classical music, may listen to some jazz though, a lot depends how much I am trying to annoy TSMR.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 9:13 am

Jazz? ffs....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 May 2014, 9:42 am

Nowt wrong with a bit of Miles Davis Sean, one has to expand your boundaries once in a while.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 30 May 2014, 9:47 am

I'm just following through on a promise I made to myself when I was in my early 20's that after I reached the age of 35, I would never again buy "new music" (although I could buy stuff by bands I liked before I became 35) and that I would embrace either jazz or classical music.

The idea was that I would avoid embarssing myself like so many people do by trying to latch onto new bands because they think it makes them seem "hip" or they just lose the plot completely (e.g. my dad used to be a massive Stones fan, but but now seems to listen exclusively to Westlife and Ronan Keating).

Have chosen to embrace classical music because there's probably a lot more easy access to it (Radio 3, the Proms etc.) than Jazz.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 30 May 2014, 9:49 am

Do like Miles Davis. Also like the story about him meeting someone backstage after one of his gigs. Girl in her early 20's walks up to Miles and said you knew my mother and gives him a name. Miles thinks for a minute and then says "yeah, I f**ked the b1tch" before walking off.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 9:55 am

If I'm feeling cultural I listen to Sigur Ros or Mercury Rev. I like a bit of Nessum Dorma as well. Probably crank it up a few times over the summer.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 May 2014, 10:09 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm just following through on a promise I made to myself when I was in my early 20's that after I reached the age of 35, I would never again buy "new music" (although I could buy stuff by bands I liked before I became 35) .  

I get loads of grief for doing the exact same thing on here superfly. Jazz is alright in the right mood, obviously a lot of drivel and inaccessible stuff out there, but thus far if you stick to the big names I have not come across too much that is unlistenable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 30 May 2014, 10:16 am

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'm just following through on a promise I made to myself when I was in my early 20's that after I reached the age of 35, I would never again buy "new music" (although I could buy stuff by bands I liked before I became 35) .  

I get loads of grief for doing the exact same thing on here superfly. Jazz is alright in the right mood, obviously a lot of drivel and inaccessible stuff out there, but thus far if you stick to the big names I have not come across too much that is unlistenable.

Think there just comes a time in your life when new music isn't supposed to appeal to you and in fact, it probably shouldn't.  Leads to embarassing situations like my 58 year old mother-in-law declaring "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas to be her favourite song of all time.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 May 2014, 10:26 am

You also find yourself at gigs looking like you have come to collect your kids super, which I have done. Most embarrasing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next