The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
Rowley
Pal Joey
Union Cane
Galted
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
kingraf
12 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 21 May 2014, 2:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:How's Kim? There was a girl in our meeting who was a bit roomy but had a decent face. Would definitley make love to it given half the chance. I imagine Kim would be like her.

Reason for editing : too many hers, but not to correct 'definitley'

Just bog off
 clap clap clap notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 
That nearly made me ROFLMAO...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 10:31 am

Rowley wrote:You also find yourself at gigs looking like you have come to collect your kids super, which I have done. Most embarrasing.

Just get yourself down to the mosh pit and rub yourself up against some 18 year old.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Fri 30 May 2014, 10:34 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:You also find yourself at gigs looking like you have come to collect your kids super, which I have done. Most embarrasing.

Just get yourself down to the mosh pit and rub yourself up against some 18 year old.

Last time I did that he ended up hitting me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 10:38 am

Do you guys know what time kick off is tomorrow night. Stupid mother decided to be 60 tomorrow of all days. Booked into a restaurant at 7.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 May 2014, 10:39 am

Rign walks are 9.45 Sean, so will start at 10. Sky have been going on about this a lot so seems like they are keen to stick to the schedule.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 10:59 am

annoying. i'll have to come up with a plan.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 May 2014, 11:04 am

Violent arse squirts would appear to be the order of the day Sean, almost impossible for anyone to confirm if you are telling the truth, as long as you run to the toilet half a dozen times you are covered.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 11:19 am

my brother is going to be there. he knows i'd just sh!t myself and carry on.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 2:24 pm

Galted, sort your sh!t out and get a new job.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 30 May 2014, 3:06 pm

where is everyone this past week?

Well I am off home to prep for weekend Smile

Have a good fight night lads and see you for the inevitable whining on Monday.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 May 2014, 3:16 pm

Have a good one Rick.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 30 May 2014, 3:19 pm

Windows needs to sort his sh!t out as well. Being abroad is no excuse for taking his eyes off the road.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Jun 2014, 7:37 am

Quiet on here today again...

Tino still neglecting duties...
Jules still a deceased famous pensioner of choice...
Galted still thwarted by the P.C. Brigade...
Shah in for hate crimes...

Or do we have a full crowd in?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 02 Jun 2014, 7:51 am

Julius is/was Maya Angelou. He/she is dead and gone. A pity but the culture cup goes on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Jun 2014, 7:58 am

Show must go on Jeff...

Did you watch the fight? (I'll do it on here as I have not got the energy to hop onto the boxing boards for the inevitible Calzaghe Froch threads...)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 8:17 am

Missed the fight myself. Still haven't seen the KO.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Jun 2014, 8:20 am

It was a cracking punch sean, would have preferred the reverse result but can not knock the win in any way shape or form.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 8:51 am

Not a big Groves fan after his behaviour. Always had Froch beating him late. Will have to check my prediction but thought I said 5 or 8.

Lovely day on the beach yesterday. Legs fried. Water a bit nippy mind...

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Jun 2014, 8:55 am

Do not like either of them to be honest sean, i had Froch down for late stoppage too...

Which beach were you at?

I did not a great deal, got a few daft weekends coming up especially with Download Festival coming up.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 02 Jun 2014, 8:57 am

I'm still carrying a lot of pent up frustration at the Sky commentary on Saturday. If Jim Watt was a horse he'd be shot out of kindness. His mind has clearly gone.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:00 am

rick_dagless wrote:Do not like either of them to be honest sean, i had Froch down for late stoppage too...

Which beach were you at?  

I did not a great deal, got a few daft weekends coming up especially  with Download Festival coming up.

Southbourne (eastern stretch at Bournemouth). Mum has a beach hut there.

Also ate Cod and chips on Saturday night (I don't eat fish). Was alright actually. Waitress had one of the best figures I've seen, not massive cans but terrific none the less. Got an eyeful when she was taking a photo of us.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:05 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm still carrying a lot of pent up frustration at the Sky commentary on Saturday.  If Jim Watt was a horse he'd be shot out of kindness.  His mind has clearly gone.  

What was the problem?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:13 am

super wrote:I'm still carrying a lot of pent up frustration at the Sky commentary on Saturday. If Jim Watt was a horse he'd be shot out of kindness. His mind has clearly gone

I agree to be honest super, he seems to be watching different fights than most people, he basically picks the most likely outcome and focuses on it at the detriment to anything else occuring in the fight.

sean wrote:Southbourne (eastern stretch at Bournemouth). Mum has a beach hut there

Never really done the south coast, but my Mum lives near bognor now so should really give it a go

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:21 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Never really done the south coast, but my Mum lives near bognor now so should really give it a go

Pretty sure Bognor is shingle. Beauty of that Bournemouth stretch is that it is all golden sand.

My bro is moving down there so we're thinking of getting a fishing boat between him, myself and mum's husband. Reckon we can get a decent little number for £2,500. Can just imagine being out there at 6 in the morning on the glassy sea (not wavy there), a glass of red and my rod over the edge. Bloody brilliant.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:35 am

sean wrote:My bro is moving down there so we're thinking of getting a fishing boat between him, myself and mum's husband. Reckon we can get a decent little number for £2,500. Can just imagine being out there at 6 in the morning on the glassy sea (not wavy there), a glass of red and my rod over the edge. Bloody brilliant..

I did my one an only sea fishing bit near Southampton, and must admit had a reet good do, caught a few as well. Though took for ages to get my lad legs back...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:07 am

seanmichaels wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'm still carrying a lot of pent up frustration at the Sky commentary on Saturday.  If Jim Watt was a horse he'd be shot out of kindness.  His mind has clearly gone.  

What was the problem?

Rick pretty much summed up the issue.  

Watt had clearly decided in advance that Froch was going to win and that clouded his entire anlaysis of the fight.  Basically ignored any of the good work that Groves was doing and then got excited about every little thing that Froch was doing.  It was obvious from as early as the 2nd round when he gave that round to Froch (when it was clearly Groves' round) because he "just liked Froch's work better".  

Seemed to drive the entitre complexion of Sky's coverage so much so that at one point the guy (may have been chief moron, Geoff Shreeves) interviewing Khan between rounds, tried to correct Khan when he said he had Groves winning by saying "you mean Froch?"  

As for Halling, he is, as Windy would have put it, a quarter wit.

Last edited by superflyweight on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and grammar holocaust)

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:18 am

Rowley wrote:Julius is/was Maya Angelou. He/she is dead and gone. A pity but the culture cup goes on.

I posted that I was going on holiday for a week. Tino even asked where I was going, but I was a bit worried he might follow me there. Now that I'm back I can safely say that it was Majorca.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:26 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:Julius is/was Maya Angelou. He/she is dead and gone. A pity but the culture cup goes on.

I posted that I was going on holiday for a week. Tino even asked where I was going, but I was a bit worried he might follow me there. Now that I'm back I can safely say that it was Majorca.

Smashing it up in Maga?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:28 am

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

What was the problem?

Rick pretty much summed up the issue.  

Watt had clearly decided in advance that Froch was going to win and that clouded his entire anlaysis of the fight.  Basically ignored any of the good work that Groves was doing and then got excited about every little thing that Froch was doing.  It was obvious from as early as the 2nd round when he gave that round to Froch (when it was clearly Groves' round) because he "just liked Froch's work better".  

Seemed to drive the entitre complexion of Sky's coverage so much so that at one point the guy (may have been chief moron, Geoff Shreeves) interviewing Khan between rounds, tried to correct Khan when he said he had Groves winning by saying "you mean Froch?"  

As for Halling, he is, as Windy would have put it, a quarter wit.

I read a lot of reports and it seemed like Froch was 4-3 up at the time. Heard Gareth Davies on the radio and I think he had it 5-2 groves.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:35 am

Hard fight to score and don't really have a problem with people having it a couple of rounds either way (5-2 for either man doesn't seem right though - can see how someone might have scored it that way, but it wasn't a 3 round fight at that stage).

The problem was that the Sky coverage would have you think that Froch was completely bossing it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:04 pm

Chicken Tikka Snadwich and Minestrone Soup...

Lame...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:23 pm

Did I read it right? Galted can no longer post on here in the daytime? As if returning to work wasn't a big enough downer... Sad

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:30 pm

Jules wrote:Did I read it right? Galted can no longer post on here in the daytime?

Correct Julius, his web proxy filter has been updated to block chatrooms. He is going to need to start eating a Burrito for supper.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:35 pm

Perhaps Glated will be able to post instead.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 1:41 pm

I think his 'chatrooms blocked' excuse is lightweight. It is quite clear to me that he was in fact Malcolm Glazier.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 02 Jun 2014, 1:49 pm

I can reveal that I am not Ann B. Davis, 88, American actress (The Brady Bunch), winner of two Emmy Awards (The Bob Cummings Show), subdural hematoma from a fall, although I did feel as though I might have been her on Saturday, as I went to an amateur boxing do Friday night and somehow managed to get through 12 pints of Tetley's.

Never again.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 02 Jun 2014, 2:28 pm

Tetley's, good to see you can take the man out of the north, but can't take the north out of the man.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 02 Jun 2014, 2:30 pm

Alice in the rumpus room with a candle stick... with a portrait of Mike Brady looking worried.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 2:32 pm

Rowley wrote:Tetley's, good to see you can take the man out of the north, but can't take the north out of the man.

Tetley's is as weak as pi55 though? Remember my brother asking for Tetley's in a JS pub and the barman poured a pint of water for him. 12 would get my tipsy but I wouldn't be expecting a hangover. Good stuff though, good all dayer fuel.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 02 Jun 2014, 2:37 pm

Take your word for it Sean, Guinness for me all the way.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 2:45 pm

Rowley wrote:Take your word for it Sean, Guinness for me all the way.

Had a bit of Guinness at the weekend. Doesn't really get me going until I move on to wine or spirits. Causes havoc with my internals.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 02 Jun 2014, 3:09 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Tetley's is as weak as pi55 though? Remember my brother asking for Tetley's in a JS pub and the barman poured a pint of water for him. 12 would get my tipsy but I wouldn't be expecting a hangover. Good stuff though, good all dayer fuel.

I must be turning into a lightweight in my old age then, as I was falling all over the place.

The drive home was terrible...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 02 Jun 2014, 3:37 pm

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Tetley's is as weak as pi55 though? Remember my brother asking for Tetley's in a JS pub and the barman poured a pint of water for him. 12 would get my tipsy but I wouldn't be expecting a hangover. Good stuff though, good all dayer fuel.

I must be turning into a lightweight in my old age then, as I was falling all over the place.

The drive home was terrible...

Hope you remembered your headlights......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Jun 2014, 7:01 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Did I read it right? Galted can no longer post on here in the daytime? As if returning to work wasn't a big enough downer... Sad

Your anguish is understandable yet touching, Julius.

It's been quite distressing for me not being able to document the many fascinating things that I experience on an hourly basis so I'm taking michaels's advice and looking for a new job.

Here is a comprehensive list of everything that's happened to me over the last 10 or so days:
1 - I've bought a new pair of Hi-Tecs.
2 - While I was in Utrecht I did a poo so big that it stuck out of the water up to the rim.  I had to wrap my hand in toilet paper to break the offending bit then pour many kettlefuls of boiling water over it before it would flush away.

I'll be thinking of you during week 2 of the French Open and, if I don't kill myself before then, Wimbledon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:15 pm

I am often around in the evening Galted. As I work from home, there's no ritual switching off of the laptop at 5 o'clock - I just leave it on til I retire to bed and check 606v2 every now and then.
Tell me about your new Hi-Tecs. Do they have self-tightening laces like in Back to the Future?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:56 pm

That was beautiful in a god-like fashion, Julius, it reminds me of those dreams.

They do not have self-tightening laces.  They are fairly low-cut and light-weight albeit a bit yellowishly flashy but the laces seem self-loosening.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:02 pm

Interesting concept. Perhaps designed for high altitude climbing, when your feet expand.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:04 pm

I'm here for you as well Galted. I view the culture club like the SAS, you never really leave. (it may not be the SAS people say that about, but can't be bothered to look it up, it is late and the spirit of the post is more important than the accuracy)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 02 Jun 2014, 10:07 pm

Rowley wrote:I'm here for you as well Galted. I view the culture club like the SAS, you never really leave. (it may not be the SAS people say that about, but can't be bothered to look it up, it is late and the spirit of the post is more important than the accuracy)

You're thinking of Hotel California.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 Jun 2014, 7:07 am

Thanks Jeff. You've inspired me to stand on the platform in the rain withouth bothering with the detachable Wolfskin hood, I bet the rest of these daft southern jessies think I'm a man of the north.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 03 Jun 2014, 7:47 am

You've missed a lot in my life Galted, too. I've met a wonderful girl. Bears a resemblance to Caroline Wozniacki.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next