The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
Rowley
Pal Joey
Union Cane
Galted
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
kingraf
12 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 21 May 2014, 2:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:How's Kim? There was a girl in our meeting who was a bit roomy but had a decent face. Would definitley make love to it given half the chance. I imagine Kim would be like her.

Reason for editing : too many hers, but not to correct 'definitley'


Just bog off
 clap clap clap notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 
That nearly made me ROFLMAO...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16345
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down


The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 03 Jun 2014, 2:55 pm

My main frustration with sA politics in sport is that we end up with all the bloody cast offs. Robin Smith and Lamby apart there's not one other that I'd wanted in the team.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:03 pm

seanmichaels wrote:My main frustration with sA politics in sport is that we end up with all the bloody cast offs. Robin Smith and Lamby apart there's not one other that I'd wanted in the team.

What about KP. He played some lovely innings. Plus he has an Ingerland tattoo and a lovely wife.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:03 pm

Grieg? Pietersen? Trott?
Union Cane
Union Cane
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11328
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 45
Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm

KP and Trott are mercenaries. Trott said he'd never play for England. The reason they came to England was because of the. quota system in sA.

Greig I guess couldn't play international cricket as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:13 pm

seanmichaels wrote:KP and Trott are mercenaries. Trott said he'd never play for England. The reason they came to England was because of the. quota system in sA.

Greig I guess couldn't play international cricket as well.

Robin Smith was embarrassed by Shane Warne.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:KP and Trott are mercenaries. Trott said he'd never play for England. The reason they came to England was because of the. quota system in sA.

Greig I guess couldn't play international cricket as well.

Robin Smith was embarrassed by Shane Warne.

[any batsmen] was embarrassed by Shane Warne.

Another cricketing travesty. Muralitharan held on the same plain as Warne. One technically brilliant. One chucks it because he has a spacca wrist.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:31 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:KP and Trott are mercenaries. Trott said he'd never play for England. The reason they came to England was because of the. quota system in sA.

Greig I guess couldn't play international cricket as well.

Robin Smith was embarrassed by Shane Warne.

[any batsmen] was embarrassed by Shane Warne.

Another cricketing travesty. Muralitharan held on the same plain as Warne. One technically brilliant. One chucks it because he has a spacca wrist.

Not as often as Smith. It was painful. Like watching a special kid trying to do a Sudoku with a piece of chalk.


Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:46 pm

Smith is a swordsman by all accounts. Wife ditched him. Think he's in a messy place all round.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 03 Jun 2014, 5:29 pm

Sean, I don't know where you get your cricket info from, but, invariably, it's wrong. Here's Trott on the quota issue: "For me, the decision to come to
England was mainly for cricketing
reasons, nothing personal or political.
"It wasn't based on the quota system.
I have no problems going back to
South Africa and I'm very appreciative
of the upbringing and opportunities I
had."
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/cricket/jonathan-trott-ive-only-just-started-to-make-my-mark-6395684.html

And here's an alternative, altogether more realistic take on why KP couldn't get a crack:
"They [Pietersen and his father]
sought assurances over whether we
could guarantee him a place in the
team," Kurz told The Mercury . "I was
very up front with them. I said no
player could be guaranteed a place. I
wished him luck if that was his
decision, but I emphasised that if he
was good enough his progress would
not be hindered and that he would play
for Natal."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/271505.html

White players are obviously hindered by the quota system, but its obvious that exponentially more black, coloured and Indian players are hindered by growing up in poorer areas, where they can't afford better coaching, equipment, and have to quit the game earlier to take jobs which can immediately provide for their families. They also don't have the luxury of having families which can afford to fly them off to England when they fail to make the school's second team.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16345
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Tue 03 Jun 2014, 7:35 pm

kingraf wrote:You've missed a lot in my life Galted, too. I've met a wonderful girl. Bears a resemblance to Caroline Wozniacki.

Good work, kingraf. My advice to you is to gain her trust then post a photo of her clam on this thread.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13828
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm

Wise words Galted, that is why we still need you around. You can't buy wisdom like that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:29 pm

Galted wrote:
kingraf wrote:You've missed a lot in my life Galted, too. I've met a wonderful girl. Bears a resemblance to Caroline Wozniacki.

Good work, kingraf. My advice to you is to gain her trust then post a photo of her clam on this thread.

I'll do my best. She's Afrikaans, though. Don't know how the Dutch Reformed Church feels about clam selfies
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16345
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 03 Jun 2014, 9:48 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Used to be good mates with 2 indians but don't see them much anymore. Don't know many others. My proper niece is half and half if that helps?

What about your improper niece?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20830
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 03 Jun 2014, 10:42 pm

But in Vaughan's new autobiography, Time to Declare, the former England captain implicitly questions Trott's allegiance as he recalls the immediate aftermath of his final Test in charge 14 months ago - a game South Africa won to seal their first series victory in this country for 43 years.
Vaughan writes: 'It was a sad day for English cricket that on my last day against South Africa I saw Jonathan Trott celebrating with South Africa, when the week before he had been our twelfth man at Headingley.
'I was going into the press conference and I saw him patting them on the back. It hit home what English cricket has become like.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1223648/Why-Jonathan-Trott-happy-South-Africa-beat-England-asks-Michael-Vaughan.html#ixzz33cBFFwjy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 03 Jun 2014, 10:46 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Used to be good mates with 2 indians but don't see them much anymore. Don't know many others. My proper niece is half and half if that helps?

What about your improper niece?

She's alright. Complains about my tickly beard (in a non Rolf way) when she's forced to kiss me goodbye. Obsessed by frozen. Makes me laugh when she says 'alright chuck'. Think it is from Wallace and gromit.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 04 Jun 2014, 7:07 am

seanmichaels wrote:But in Vaughan's new autobiography, Time to Declare, the former England captain implicitly questions Trott's allegiance as he recalls the immediate aftermath of his final Test in charge 14 months ago - a game South Africa won to seal their first series victory in this country for 43 years.
Vaughan writes: 'It was a sad day for English cricket that on my last day against South Africa I saw Jonathan Trott celebrating with South Africa, when the week before he had been our twelfth man at Headingley.
'I was going into the press conference and I saw him patting them on the back. It hit home what English cricket has become like.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1223648/Why-Jonathan-Trott-happy-South-Africa-beat-England-asks-Michael-Vaughan.html#ixzz33cBFFwjy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yeah I read about that. Look, I'm not denying that Jonathon is a mercenary, more that neither of them were victims of the quota system.

One is Newlands royalty, who sold out. The other was merely a victim of poor talent identification. I mean he was the second choice spinner of the second team, he was miles away from a future in the game. Did well to reinvent himself, but would you really have me believe that he had any future in the game if his main skill was spin bowling?


Last edited by kingraf on Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : k)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16345
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:24 am

seanmichaels wrote:But in Vaughan's new autobiography, Time to Declare, the former England captain implicitly questions Trott's allegiance as he recalls the immediate aftermath of his final Test in charge 14 months ago - a game South Africa won to seal their first series victory in this country for 43 years.
Vaughan writes: 'It was a sad day for English cricket that on my last day against South Africa I saw Jonathan Trott celebrating with South Africa, when the week before he had been our twelfth man at Headingley.
'I was going into the press conference and I saw him patting them on the back. It hit home what English cricket has become like.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1223648/Why-Jonathan-Trott-happy-South-Africa-beat-England-asks-Michael-Vaughan.html#ixzz33cBFFwjy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't understand what your problem is though?  One the one hand you're complaining about quota systems and the political nature of SA cricket, then in the very next breath your ragging out KP and Trott for leaving that same, presumably wrong in your opinion, system behind.  
They are damned if they do and damned if they don't with people like you.

Personally, I don't blame anyone for leaving that system behind if they can earn a fabulous career somewhere else.  So long as they demonstrate their commitment to the 'cause' what is the problem?  I'm sure if people had real doubts over Trott or KP they wouldn't have played as much, and scored as many runs, as they did.  I'm not going to base too much on a sensationalised autobiography from possibly the biggest media wh*re amongst all the ex-England players currently on the circuit.  He is second only to Boycott for saying controversial things to keep himself in the public eye.  I would much rather remember the countless times Trott saved England from disaster by scoring a ton when all others, including the English bulldogs in the team, where caving in.

You did this when we talked about Brown's gold sales.  You trawled t'internet to find something that supported your theory and then produced it like it validated everything you said.  Just like your 'mate' who is an ex SA spinner.  Do you ever actually formulate your own opinions on anything?


Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lady of loose morals. Lol out loud.)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:35 am

What's up, Tina? You're a bit grumpy this morning.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7705
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:38 am

superflyweight wrote:What's up, Tina?  You're a bit grumpy this morning.    

Yeah, it does come across like that but I'm a relatively good mood.

If I was any sort of man, I would delete my comments to Seany and Jeff and just bid them good morning.

Good morning, Superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:47 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
You did this when we talked about Brown's gold sales.  You trawled t'internet to find something that supported your theory and then produced it like it validated everything you said.  Just like your 'mate' who is an ex SA spinner.  Do you ever actually formulate your own opinions on anything?

Trott definitely said he would never play for England.

My points are that

a.) the sA quota system is wrong. I have played with a couple of south Africans who would have loved to play for the state side or the national team. I don't know the exact numbers now but I believe at one point the Natal 2nd team had to have 9 players of colour, the first team 6.

b.) I don't want the England team / county cricket filled with saffas. Call me racist blah blah blah but it has nothing to dop with colour or creed, it is just the way I feel as a proud Englishmen. I will never hold Froome in the same esteem as I hold Wiggins for the same reason.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:48 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:What's up, Tina?  You're a bit grumpy this morning.    

Yeah, it does come across like that but I'm a relatively good mood.

If I was any sort of man, I would delete my comments to Seany and Jeff and just bid them good morning.

Good morning, Superfly.

Good morning, Superfly.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20830
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:49 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
You did this when we talked about Brown's gold sales.  You trawled t'internet to find something that supported your theory and then produced it like it validated everything you said.  Just like your 'mate' who is an ex SA spinner.  Do you ever actually formulate your own opinions on anything?

Trott definitely said he would never play for England.

My points are that

a.) the sA quota system is wrong. I have played with a couple of south Africans who would have loved to play for the state side or the national team. I don't know the exact numbers now but I believe at one point the Natal 2nd team had to have 9 players of colour, the first team 6.

b.) I don't want the England team / county cricket filled with saffas. Call me racist blah blah blah but it has nothing to dop with colour or creed, it is just the way I feel as a proud Englishmen. I will never hold Froome in the same esteem as I hold Wiggins for the same reason.

Good morning, Seany.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:55 am

Bog off windows.

Missus just bought a new front door for £3.2k. She doesn't understand my disbelief.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:00 am

Morning everyone (except Tina who has been very unpleasant to me, for no apparent reason)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:01 am

Rowley wrote:Morning everyone (except Tina who has been very unpleasant to me, for no apparent reason)

I've just apologised on the other thread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:02 am

Froome is a great Kenyan cyclist. Fantastic for Kenyan sports that they are branching out into different distance sports. In a few years, they'll dominate cycling the same way they dominate running. Bookmark it
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16345
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:04 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Morning everyone (except Tina who has been very unpleasant to me, for no apparent reason)

I've just apologised on the other thread.

Too little, too late.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:09 am

Good morning, Superfly.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7705
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:11 am

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Morning everyone (except Tina who has been very unpleasant to me, for no apparent reason)

I've just apologised on the other thread.

Too little, too late.

Come on Jeff, don't be like that. I am one of the very few people on 606v2 that actually likes you. It would be a shame if you didn't accept my apology and we let the animosity fester.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:50 am

seanmichaels wrote:Bog off windows.

Missus just bought a new front door for £3.2k. She doesn't understand my disbelief.

How much!? It must be one hell of a door.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20830
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:51 am

Rowley wrote:Morning everyone (except Tina who has been very unpleasant to me, for no apparent reason)

Morning Jeff.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20830
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Bog off windows.

Missus just bought a new front door for £3.2k. She doesn't understand my disbelief.

How much!? It must be one hell of a door.

Hand crafted and painted. NZ wood apparently.

Apparently it is nice to have nice things. Justified it by saying her key fob is £110.

In all fairness she's just had a good redundancy pay out despite already having a new job lined up.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:35 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Bog off windows.

Missus just bought a new front door for £3.2k. She doesn't understand my disbelief.

How much!? It must be one hell of a door.

Hand crafted and painted. NZ wood apparently.

Apparently it is nice to have nice things. Justified it by saying her key fob is £110.

In all fairness she's just had a good redundancy pay out despite already having a new job lined up.

Maybe it is a hell of a door then. A bit of a work of art.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20830
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:47 am

I once blew a lot of money (which I won at the bookie) buying a set of white tyres. Expensive acquisitions are almost always immediately regrettable.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16345
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:50 am

kingraf wrote:I once blew a lot of money (which I won at the bookie) buying a set of white tyres. Expensive acquisitions are almost always immediately regrettable.

For a car? That would look ridiculous?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:51 am

Even Windows' Chrysler would look stupid with white tyres.......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:51 am

kingraf wrote:I once blew a lot of money (which I won at the bookie) buying a set of white tyres. Expensive acquisitions are almost always immediately regrettable.

I spent over £2000 on rugby tickets last week. I only have 17 months to regret it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:52 am

seanmichaels wrote:Even Windows' Chrysler would look stupid with white tyres.......

The Chrysler is awesome. Turns like a boat and accelerates like TopHat.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:
kingraf wrote:I once blew a lot of money (which I won at the bookie) buying a set of white tyres. Expensive acquisitions are almost always immediately regrettable.

For a car? That would look ridiculous?

Yes. And yes it did. I persevered for three months, but caved in when my mates got drunk and drew a painfully visible Winkle on both the front wheels.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16345
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:56 am

Is that WC final tickets by the way? Like Ibiza, Twickenham has become prohibitively expensive for me. Last time I went it was a £300 day (transport, drink etc).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:01 am

seanmichaels wrote:Is that WC final tickets by the way? Like Ibiza, Twickenham has become prohibitively expensive for me. Last time I went it was a £300 day (transport, drink etc).

Final and semi-final together. There were less expensive ones but by the time I got on the site that was all that was left. Spanish internet providers are as lazy as the Spanish population. It crashed about 30 times before I could even get to the ticketing options. The final tickets ranged from £715 to £150.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:09 am

Think I paid what amounts to £15 for some Quarter final tickets during the football world cup. Most I've ever paid.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16345
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Pal Joey Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:16 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Is that WC final tickets by the way? Like Ibiza, Twickenham has become prohibitively expensive for me. Last time I went it was a £300 day (transport, drink etc).

Final and semi-final together.  There were less expensive ones but by the time I got on the site that was all that was left.  Spanish internet providers are as lazy as the Spanish population.  It crashed about 30 times before I could even get to the ticketing options.  The final tickets ranged from £715 to £150.

Sheeezh. My ANZ stadium membership - 42 matches, - all codes, WCQs, NRL (all finals), Super XV, Bledisloe Cup, AFL plus visiting football teams like Juventus and even a couple of T20 internationals (which I didn't bother going to). I paid around $900 or £500... just under £12 a game but I only went to about 35 games last year. Great value... but it can be kind of exhausting when there are several matches in close succession.

That was last year... this year I paid only $719 or £399 for perhaps half a dozen less games.


Last edited by Linebreaker on Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52035
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:21 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:Morning everyone (except Tina who has been very unpleasant to me, for no apparent reason)

Morning Jeff.

Morning Julius.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:23 am

Banned sheng yet jeff?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13342
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:25 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Is that WC final tickets by the way? Like Ibiza, Twickenham has become prohibitively expensive for me. Last time I went it was a £300 day (transport, drink etc).

Final and semi-final together.  There were less expensive ones but by the time I got on the site that was all that was left.  Spanish internet providers are as lazy as the Spanish population.  It crashed about 30 times before I could even get to the ticketing options.  The final tickets ranged from £715 to £150.

Sheeezh. My ANZ stadium membership - 42 matches, - all codes, WCQs, NRL (all finals), Super XV, Bledisloe Cup, AFL plus visiting football teams like Juventus and even a couple of T20 internationals (which I didn't bother going to). I paid around $900 or £500... just under £12 a game but I only went to about 35 games last year. Great value... but it can be kind of exhausting when there are several matches in close succession.

Nice work.

There is obviously a premium built in as it's the WC, but Twickers is still expensive for standard internationals.  Bastard to get to as well.  But, the WC won't be here for a long time so I don't really begrudge paying it.  My eldest is part of a club so members got to buy tickets before the general public (September) so the price range may even be wider in a few months.

Did you see the Canes v Highlanders game the other week?  Last second try that was scrubbed off by the TMO as he hit the corner flag?  One of the best games of union I have seen in many a year.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Pal Joey Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:32 am

Yeah that was a great game. The Kiwis on here reckon he didn't need to throw the cut out pass... that sort of made his job harder. Should have used the link man in between to draw the defender. I thought it was a try anyway... not convinced his elbow touched the line before he put the ball down whilst hitting the corner post in the same instant... which is OK.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52035
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:33 am

seanmichaels wrote:Banned sheng yet jeff?

No Sean, not getting soft in my old age, he just has not been back on yet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 48
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:33 am

seanmichaels wrote:Is that WC final tickets by the way? Like Ibiza, Twickenham has become prohibitively expensive for me. Last time I went it was a £300 day (transport, drink etc).
 
Free tickets and transport then sean?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7705
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:35 am

Linebreaker wrote:Yeah that was a great game. The Kiwis on here reckon he didn't need to throw the cut out pass... that sort of made his job harder. Should have used the link man in between to draw the defender. I thought it was a try anyway... not convinced his elbow touched the line before he put the ball down whilst hitting the corner post in the same instant... which is OK.

It did make it harder but what an amazing saving tackle that was. Can't remember who it was (?) but it was a real match winner (with some TMO help).


Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19509
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum