The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
Rowley
Pal Joey
Union Cane
Galted
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
kingraf
12 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 21 May - 14:43

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:How's Kim? There was a girl in our meeting who was a bit roomy but had a decent face. Would definitley make love to it given half the chance. I imagine Kim would be like her.

Reason for editing : too many hers, but not to correct 'definitley'

Just bog off
 clap clap clap notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 
That nearly made me ROFLMAO...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Thu 5 Jun - 10:05

rick_dagless wrote:The re-make of The Wicker Man was godawful...

Yes it was, Nicholas Cage is capable of making some truly terrible career choices when the mood takes him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 10:07

Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:The re-make of The Wicker Man was godawful...

Yes it was, Nicholas Cage is capable of making some truly terrible career choices when the mood takes him.

How are you today, Jeff? Are you still sulking with me?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 10:21

Jeff wrote:Yes it was, Nicholas Cage is capable of making some truly terrible career choices when the mood takes him. .

His films are very hit and miss, and some are so miss that they hit...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 5 Jun - 10:24

The Rock was a good film. Good wrestler as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 5 Jun - 10:26

Con Air is enjoyable as well, nonsense, but very enjoyable nonsense.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 10:26

Rowley wrote:Con Air is enjoyable as well, nonsense, but very enjoyable nonsense.

Take it you are then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 5 Jun - 10:30

Face Off alright. Leaving Las Vegas inspirational. Still waiting for my Shoe to turn up.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 10:35

Drive me to hell is in the so bad it is good category.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 5 Jun - 10:35

Ghost Rider is so bad even the presence of the ever lovely Eva Mendez cannot save it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 10:37

Jeff wrote:Ghost Rider is so bad even the presence of the ever lovely Eva Mendez cannot save it. .

As a massive comic nerd, it offends me on many, many levels...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 10:38

Didn't care much for Peggy Sue Got Married.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 10:40

rick_dagless wrote:
Jeff wrote:Ghost Rider is so bad even the presence of the ever lovely Eva Mendez cannot save it. .

As a massive comic nerd, it offends me on many, many levels...

How massive? I was a fairly massive comic nerd until about 1995-ish.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 5 Jun - 10:40

Windtalkers is very good.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 10:42

Jules wrote:How massive? I was a fairly massive comic nerd until about 1995-ish

I have thousands of comics, got to comic cons, various bits of memorabillia etc...

Still have subs to about 15 a month of the current lots too.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 10:43

Wings Of The Apache was the first film I saw him in. That wasn't terrible.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 10:49

rick_dagless wrote:
Jules wrote:How massive? I was a fairly massive comic nerd until about 1995-ish

I have thousands of comics, got to comic cons, various bits of memorabillia etc...

Still have subs to about 15 a month of the current lots too.

I still have about a couple of thousand or so in my garage - from early 70s to late 90s.
95% DC.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 10:52

Jules wrote:I still have about a couple of thousand or so in my garage - from early 70s to late 90s.
95% DC..

I am more a Marvel guy to be honest Jules, though writers like Jimmy Palmiati are doing some good stuff over at DC at the moment, and Aquaman is finally getting a really good run. Some of the silver/bronze age Justice league is pretty good, and I always had a soft spot for Wonder Woman who is a total bad ass in the comics and needs to have a decent film...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 10:57

The mid-late 80s were the halcyon days for me. Watchmen, Swamp Thing, American Flagg!, Jon Sable Freelance, Mike Grell's Green Arrow, Ambush Bug etc

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 11:02

seanmichaels wrote:Windtalkers is very good.

Robson's in. You must be spitting blood....?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 11:20

Swamp Thing is becoming better again now, Green Arrow is suffering due to the awful T.V show

Alan Moore has turned into a bit of a tool recently (despite doing some of my favourite Graphic novels) and just seems to pur vitriol out (much like Crazy Frank Miller is also doing now)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 5 Jun - 11:29

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Robson's in.  You must be spitting blood....?

Oh FFS. Lyth or Lees for Yorkshire should have been in. Plunkett good call.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 11:34

seanmichaels wrote:

Robson's in.  You must be spitting blood....?

Oh FFS. Lyth or Lees for Yorkshire should have been in. Plunkett good call.

Bumble was advocating Lyth. That's good enough for me.

Plunkett is a good call. He has been bowling genuinely quickly this season. Some pretty hostile stuff and he knows which way to hold the bat which is a bonus.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 11:41

Cr!cket on here this morning.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 11:42

Com!cs on here this morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 11:43

T!no on here this morning.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 11:44

Jul!us on here this morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 11:49

!n!m!table on here this morning.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 11:52

T!ts on here this morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 12:00

Sh!t on here this afternoon.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 5 Jun - 12:27

Sh*t on here all day!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 12:48

Mediterranean Pork Burger and spiced wedges.

it was the T!ts

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 12:58

rick_dagless wrote:Mediterranean Pork Burger and spiced wedges.

it was the T!ts

The pork burger was more likely to be the dog's bollox.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 13:00

Jules wrote:The pork burger was more likely to be the dog's bollox..

They were the Korean meatballs I had yesterday.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 5 Jun - 13:07

My mood is getting worse. BBC running with a cricket story on ECB questionnaire. Accompanied by a picture of a bloody woman playing cricket. FFS

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 5 Jun - 13:11

seanmichaels wrote:My mood is getting worse. BBC running with a cricket story on ECB questionnaire. Accompanied by a picture of a bloody woman playing cricket. FFS

Menstrual or from an injury?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 5 Jun - 13:13

seanmichaels wrote:My mood is getting worse. BBC running with a cricket story on ECB questionnaire. Accompanied by a picture of a bloody woman playing cricket. FFS

Cricket is a derivation of rounders isn't it? Don't see the problem.

And you can nearly see her panties.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 5 Jun - 13:14

Union Cane wrote:

Cricket is a derivation of rounders isn't it? Don't see the problem.

And you can nearly see her panties.  

Probably covering her c0ck

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 5 Jun - 13:20

superflyweight wrote:

Menstrual or from an injury?

If there are menstrual cricketers, are there also menstrual cyclists?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 13:24

Very good Jules Smile

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 5 Jun - 13:28

Is tennis the only sport where the women's version is generally accepted?

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 13:29

Union Cane wrote:Is tennis the only sport where the women's version is generally accepted?

Hockey?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 5 Jun - 13:29

What's the difference between menstrual blood and sand?

You can't gargle sand.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 5 Jun - 13:30

Union Cane wrote:Is tennis the only sport where the women's version is generally accepted?

Hockey?

And athletics I suppose, but that is more down to the little tiny shorts I think.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 13:31

Gymnastics.

Curling.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 5 Jun - 13:34

Yes, I didn't think this one through.

Oh well, as long as I provoked a bit of cultural debate.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 5 Jun - 13:34

rick_dagless wrote:Gymnastics.

Curling.

Netball.

Although not the male netball that Raf played at school. That is definitely not for women.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 13:35

Union wrote:Oh well, as long as I provoked a bit of cultural debate

Best effort we have seen in a while Union, Kudos.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 5 Jun - 13:40

Kudos is banned

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 5 Jun - 13:48

sean wrote:Kudos is banned.

Why? Is it a shenglong alias?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 5 Jun - 13:51

rick_dagless wrote:Gymnastics.

Curling.

Netball.

Although not the male netball that Raf played at school. That is definitely not for women.

It was indoor netball - it certainly wasn't just for women... all the 6'6 115kg Afrikaners who failed at rugby switch to netball eventually.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next