The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Benn hits nail on the head

+8
mobilemaster8
Strongback
catchweight
djlovesyou
hogey
Hammersmith harrier
Herman Jaeger
rycoys
12 posters

Go down

Nigel Benn hits nail on the head Empty Nigel Benn hits nail on the head

Post by rycoys Thu 22 May 2014 - 19:44

Did anyone. Hear the dark destroyer on Ringside? Have to say I completely agree with him. He basically said groves is a complete Gent and it's froch who shows a lack of respect. Groves has an opinion on why he is better and why froch can't win froch responds by talking down to Groves like he's a kid and should respect he's elders. I can see straight through Frochs attempt to play Mr nice guy this time it's false. At least groves is honest in what he says and believes.

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Nigel Benn hits nail on the head Empty Re: Nigel Benn hits nail on the head

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 22 May 2014 - 19:59

Maybe Benn has never forgiven Froch coz the latter said he was a Eubanks fan?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:05

Whereas if you're a Froch fan you'll think the opposite, all pretty pointless as both ate being childish and far from gentlemanly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:26

Froch has been a div for many years, he hates the fact that Groves wont lick his aris or bow down to him.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:29

Maybe Benn thinks he would have beaten Groves, has serious doubts he could have beaten Froch. Especially at SM

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:31

Personally think Benn would have beat 7 shades of the brown stuff out of Froch, anyone that easy to hit would be in a world of trouble against Benn, his problem was against master boxers not tough plodders like Froch.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:32

Thought Nigel Benn was coming out of retirement to fight Jimmy Nail.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:34

That's not really true Hogey, he didn't face any master boxers, the guys who gave him trouble were those who could take his punch something I imagine Froch would.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:43

Froch is an insecure arrogant bumhole. He actually thought Groves should have turned down sparring with Kessler just for Froch personally. After that he just told lies abot Groves and tried to bully and talk down to him. Total bumhole of a man. Benn v Froch would have been a humdinger.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:48

Froch is a better fighter than Benn In my view.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 22 May 2014 - 20:50

I think Benn would beat the crap out Froch for about 7 rounds. Then it would come down to whether or not Froch was still hanging in there and could he take advantage of Benn fading in the later rounds.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:06

To be honest i had A LOT of time for Groves prior to the first froch fight......but now i cant stand kid.

Carl used to annoy me until he won a world title and defended it or constantly fought great fighter after great fighter. I mean, a resume of Bute, Ward, Taylor, Kessler twice, Dirrell, Pascal to name just a few fights, js pretty bloody great by any standard. The fact he won all but 2 (one which was avenged) is also a great feat.

He has every right to command respect. Floyd does it, Calzaghe did it, most champions do it and rightly so...if their resume is as good or if they are a world champion.

Groves was slated by De Gale prior to their fight, and i though he lost by two rounds. He won in the end, all be it controversial.

Now Groves has turned into De Gale and thinks he is the big boss man because he knocked out Paul Smith and Kenny Anderson.

Fair enough he made Froch look garbage for 5rounds, but he soon got KTFO, and rightly so.

Sat playing a stupid cube at a press conference, pulling froch close during "face off"....he has just turned into this little wum.

Fair enough he has exceptional quality and talent. But as soon as he signed his fight with Carl, i just took an utmost dislike to him based on how he has been.

Hypocritical child and for that reason i seriously hope Carl finishes him off at Wembley.

If groves wins, then all the best, but i for one wont be supportive unfortunately, British or not.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:15

At the end of the day I couldn't care about the personality of either, what they have done for British boxing is all that matters.

Froch has fought everyone there has been to fight, you'd be hard pushed to find anyone in the division he should have fought while Groves is a supremely confident puncher who promises to offer many knockout victories.

What I cannot stand though is either of them having their ability questioned or the unnecessary hyperbole on either side. Yes Groves did make Froch look ordinary but he did not get KTFO, it's the kind of thing a child would say, he fought brilliantly and despite my opinion of the contrary he was robbed of the possibility of a career defining win.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:20

Talk on here of Benn battering Froch, Benn failed to batter Eubank or Watson and was in all sorts of bother with Anthony Logan all at Middleweight.
Froch would have more than enough in his armoury to have Benn in trouble at anytime in a fight, especially Froch being the naturally bigger man at SuperMiddle and also having that great chin.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:24

djlovesyou wrote:Thought Nigel Benn was coming out of retirement to fight Jimmy Nail.

If benn did hit nail on the head, it would be auf wiedersehn pet for jimmy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:29

Couldn't agree more Hammer. I said that bit out of spite...because despite the fact he may have been "robbed" of a career best win.....he has annoyed me THAT much i hope he gets sparked. The rematch will be fantastic either way. Its really a 50/50 fight. IM not doubting eithers ability in the ring, but George is a hypocritical kid.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:31

I'm starting to get hyped for this fight now hope it doesn't disappoint, either way lets just hope the better man wins without controversy preferably the warrior born in the trenches Carl Froch.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:37

Well I've actually avoided the build up but when in bed last night i caught last weeks episode (15th May)....had a little 10 minute section of Froch and his training etc.....felt a little hype. Next week ill be doing the rounds on the fight, catching every clip, weigh in etc. It is a massive fight, and to be fair, the first fight (apart from ending) was simply electric.

Hoping for the same, but like you Hammer, wanting a trench born victory.

Will it happen though? Not so sure, but here is to hoping!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:48

Not for a long time have I been so excited about a fight,can't see anything other than a great fight,Froch is very rarely in a bad one.

I fancy Froch to pull it off,but if Groves beats Froch fair and square I'll alway's give credit where its due.

Big believer in the time and the place and feel Groves time and place was the 1st fight, and controversy or not he didn't get the win.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 22 May 2014 - 21:57

Fair enough he made Froch look garbage for 5rounds, but he soon got KTFO, and rightly so.
----------
KTFO? C'mon mate we know that's not true, he got nothing of the sort.

Benn is half right, there has been a lack of respect from both fighters. Froch was dismissive of Groves, calling him kid and basically saying he didn't deserve to be in the ring with him, then told Groves to eff off when GG offered him a handshake after the first fight - despite just being given a gift by Foster. But for Groves part he has been disrespectful too, just cuter about it. He's deliberately shown Froch no respect as he knows it will wind Froch up. Anyone who has followed Carls career & interviews over the years knows he's insecure and has a need to be validated and constantly have his achievements praised. He's spends a lot of time reciting his own achievements in interviews for this reason. Froch's ego has just grown and grown over the last 5 years, GG knows the way to really undermine Froch psychologically is to disrespect his international superstar status and his boxing achievements, and he nailed it in the first fight.

Personally I'm hoping for a Groves win but I feel the fight is too close to call as Froch will be very highly motivated this time and if nothing else, he is a hard hard man. I also think he beats Benn, like Eubank he has an iron jaw to take Benn's best. Benn didn't have the best engine whereas Froch has incredible stamina. He's also the bigger, more natural SMW. I think he outlasts Benn and takes him out via TKO late(ish) on.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 22 May 2014 - 22:58

Pretty much how I see it, sugar boy.

Mm8, think you've been tko'd for your ktfo comment... And rightly so  Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 23 May 2014 - 13:52

Froch getting a bee in his bonnet over Groves sparring with Kessler was frankly ridiculous.

What did Groves ever owe to Froch to turn down an opportunity to train with Kessler at that age? It's an individual sport. Froch's narcissism and sense of entitlement have really turned the man in the street against him. He seemed genuinely offended that Groves was never in awe of him. Taking nothing away from Froch's achievements, I was there cheering him on against Kessler at the O2, but his odious personality has put me firmly in Groves corner.

I personally hope this all comes full circle in Groves beating him at Wembley.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down