The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex's Amazing Boxing Tips For The Weekend

+10
Scottrf
titaniumjaw
mobilemaster8
88Chris05
3fingers
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
milkyboy
kingraf
AlexHuckerby
14 posters

Go down

Alex's Amazing Boxing Tips For The Weekend Empty Alex's Amazing Boxing Tips For The Weekend

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 28 May 2014, 6:04 pm

Hello again lads,

I'm going for:

Donaire To Win 1/6
McDonnell To Win 1/7
Degale To Win 2/9
Mitchell To Win 8/15
Groves To Win 5/4

£100 gets you £566.22 on William Hill.

The accumulator I'm going for. Sticking £100 on it, see what happens, I believe in it, so should you Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Alex's Amazing Boxing Tips For The Weekend Empty Re: Alex's Amazing Boxing Tips For The Weekend

Post by kingraf Wed 28 May 2014, 6:08 pm

I bet against the Don, Chunky and I'm still a little hesitant about the Groves bet. Decent weekend.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Alex's Amazing Boxing Tips For The Weekend Empty Re: Alex's Amazing Boxing Tips For The Weekend

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 6:19 pm

Alex's amazing tips. Four red hot favourites and a marginal underdog! What do your tips look like when they're only average?

Anyway, Good luck with it fella.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 28 May 2014, 6:20 pm

Shocking Raf you bet for the South African...  Rolling Eyes 

He's going to look extremely small against Donaire and extremely hittable in my view.

Gonzalez is a good fighter but even if its close I can't imagine him getting the nod in Wembley with everything that's at stake, and I expect Chunky to do the job the right way.

Groves knocks Froch's head into Row Z.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 28 May 2014, 6:21 pm

milkyboy wrote:Alex's amazing tips. Four red hot favourites and a marginal underdog! What do your tips look like when they're only average?

Anyway, Good luck with it fella.

Oh, sorry... If you don't fancy making a quick £500, it's fine by me Very Happy

I will enjoy it! I'll spend it alllll on Ginsters Pasties, 'cos I'm a proper Northerner.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 6:37 pm

You're not a proper northerner until you wean your kids on sausage rolls from Greggs. 'Boro dummies' they call them in Teesside.

Ginster's are for wannabe northerner's, who are southern softies at heart Alex. That's you that is!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 28 May 2014, 6:51 pm

Alex - I like Vetyeka, hits hard enough as well. He's no Rigo, but I think he outboxes Donaire as well.

DeGale fights in British Shopping Centres, so I don't think it's a surprise that I haven't seen enough of him to bet on him facing a guy I have seen.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 28 May 2014, 7:21 pm

kingraf wrote:Alex - I like Vetyeka, hits hard enough as well. He's no Rigo,  but I think he outboxes Donaire as well.

DeGale fights in British Shopping Centres, so I don't think it's a surprise that I haven't seen enough of him to bet on him facing a guy I have seen.

The Donaire fight is really interesting, he looked awful in the fight against Darchinyan, but hopefully he has learned and starts using his skills more.

Donaire had/has excellent footwork and very fast hands and good boxing skills. What we don't want to see is the plodding one punch KO style.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 28 May 2014, 7:29 pm

Vetyeka isn't outboxing Donaire in a month of Sundays, the left hand lands and it will land then it's fight over. As far as i'm concerned you get outfought then you've been outboxed, boxing is fighting.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 28 May 2014, 7:45 pm

A Donaire win would hardly be a seismic shock - but I think Vetyeka has the goods. My only worry is that somehow, he looks past Nonito. Reading the interviews he gave locally, he's been harping on about buying a new house, and the sudden cash influx he'll receive. I wouldn't think it's possible for an underdog to overlook the big fish - but he's done it before.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 28 May 2014, 7:47 pm

You saying Vetyeka has the goods is akin to me saying Froch had the goods to beat Ward, it's blind nationalistic hope rather than any form of expectation.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 28 May 2014, 7:48 pm

£100 on an accumulator including groves v froch. Brave

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 28 May 2014, 7:51 pm

Mentioned the other day that I might be sticking a few quid on Vetyeka in that one. Think the bookies might have underestimated him with the 9/2 odds. His style is definitely all wrong for Donaire.....But as Nonito showed against Darchinyan, he's always got a puncher's chance (bigger than most puncher's chances, of course, as he has timing as well as just pure power).

A lot of people think that Vetyeka will win a lot of rounds and make Donaire look poor before Nonito lands that one big shot, but Donaire did actually uncork some nice, clean power shots on the supposedly brittle-chinned Rigondeaux without ever looking like he could get him out of there. Turned it round with one big one against Vic, but Darchinyan is a smaller guy who has moved through the weights and been in a few wars, too.

If the old Donaire, the boxer-puncher, turns up then he'd be too good for Vetyeka....But it's been a while now. Mathebula, Rigondeaux and Darchinyan have all demonstrated in various ways what he's been lacking. Another division higher than the first two fights now at 126 lb, he may just get found out again if he's not careful.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 28 May 2014, 7:55 pm

Mathebula had an abnormal reach for a bantamweight which made that fight trickier than it should have been but was still comfortable anyway. People seem to want to see possible upsets where there simply isn't one, if the fight goes past six i'll be very surprised.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 28 May 2014, 7:58 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Vetyeka isn't outboxing Donaire in a month of Sundays, the left hand lands and it will land then it's fight over. As far as i'm concerned you get outfought then you've been outboxed, boxing is fighting.

you said this before the rigo fight too.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 28 May 2014, 8:02 pm

So who are you then 3fingers?

The difference is Rigondeaux was always a live underdog, I didn't think his chin would stand up to Donaire's power and it very nearly didn't.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 28 May 2014, 8:04 pm

Im not a betting man but 5 to 1 on a 5 fight accumulator with a £100 stake seems dreadful. I might be wrong though? I always thought accumulators were for small stakes and massive winnings?

Last edited by 3fingers on Wed 28 May 2014, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no need for last 6 words.)

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 28 May 2014, 8:06 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:So who are you then 3fingers?

You're worst nightmare ghosty, Mwah, haha...harrr

Last edited by 3fingers on Wed 28 May 2014, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 28 May 2014, 8:18 pm

Well it seems odd that you remember a comment that I made using a different account over a year ago.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 8:31 pm

He makes a fair point fingers. At least hammy owns up to his name changes.

Or are you just a shrinking violet, long time reader who took an age to summon up the courage to join in? Nah, didn't think so.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 28 May 2014, 8:33 pm

Oooo, isnt this fun!

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 28 May 2014, 9:07 pm

Are you Winchester?

(probably not, but im forever searching for him)

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 28 May 2014, 9:19 pm

I think you are all paranoid (in the nicest possible way)

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 28 May 2014, 9:31 pm

Define an upset simply not being there though, Hammersmith. Underdogs come through now and then and Donaire hasn't looked particularly well in his last few fights.

I thought he looked well off the pace against Mathebula. The problems and weaknesses he showed in that fight can't all be put down to Mathebula's height and reach, for me. The Donaire of three or four years back would be a safer bet against Vetyeka, but Vetyeka's style and strengths don't bode too well for the Donaire who loads up, can't land a jab for love nor money and wades in flat footed.

Even guys like Nishioka and Narvaez have won the jab battle convincingly against Donaire (granted, they were lefties who he hates fighting against) but just haven't been able to stand up to his power or buzz him. Don't think it's beyond the realms that a Featherweight with a good jab and defence like Vetyeka could improve a lot on what they showed and make Donaire look poor if his recent form is anything to go by. He looks a lot more natural at 126 than Donaire.

Hey, it's an outside punt but you can't just write off any fighter who isn't the betting favourite. Based on styles and his recent performances it'd be a shock if Donaire won as easily as many seem to think, in my eyes.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 28 May 2014, 9:43 pm

From Featherweight and below it's very difficult to define what weight a certain boxer actually is, for instance Vetyeka is no more of a featherweight than Nishioka was a super bantamweight if anything less of one. Were we talking about a genuine Featherweight I could see it being an issue but we're not, like everybody else he's moved up through the divisions, it's a battlefield with so much movement.

Donaire I feel is being judged harshly on the Darchinyan fight, a fight which I like everyone else expected him to win comfortably, he probably expected to win easily and the moment he clicked into gear he ended it. I'll ignore the Rigondeaux fight as he's a one off talent who bores the hell out of me and it's a fight i'd be happy to never watch again, running is something I will never appreciate.

As far as I can see Vetyeka is a decent operator who's only chance of winning is if Donaire doesn't bother turning up and even then he'll still get knocked out when Nonito decides to do something worthwhile. He may well win some rounds but that will be down to Donaire waiting for the opportunity to land the big left and he's never been one to bother much with the jab so it's not an important battle.

Donaire might not win convincingly but he will win he's simply too good to let somebody like Vetyeka get the better of him for 12 rounds, to beat him you still need to have world class talent.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by titaniumjaw Wed 28 May 2014, 10:22 pm

I think de gale gonna get beat tbh and hope froch beats groves but thing gg will win wouldn't wanna put any money on it either way

titaniumjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 28 May 2014, 10:30 pm

3fingers wrote:Im not a betting man but 5 to 1 on a 5 fight accumulator with a £100 stake seems dreadful. I might be wrong though? I always thought accumulators were for small stakes and massive winnings?
I agree, they are a mugs game. Bet on enough favourites and you get stung. You have to spot value in the market, not just bet on what you think will happen.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 10:45 pm

Just watched the vetyeka john fight. Yes I'm that bored. I try and avoid chris john fights like the plague, but he actually morphed into a front foot fighter for this one. I'd never have guessed it was him... Looked more like donaire.

Vetyeka looked like a decent operator, awkward, likes a spot of wrestling but looked sharp. Enough to ask a few questions of donaire I'd have thought.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Thu 29 May 2014, 7:30 am

Alex - Do you know anywhere in Leeds that us showing the fight tomorrow? i'm doing the Otley Run so looking for a place to finish at for the fight

cheers

adam

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 29 May 2014, 7:46 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Hello again lads,

I'm going for:

Donaire To Win 1/6
McDonnell To Win 1/7
Degale To Win 2/9
Mitchell To Win 8/15
Groves To Win 5/4

The accumulator I'm going for. Sticking £100 on it, see what happens, I believe in it, so should you Smile

Swap Groves for Froch

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 29 May 2014, 7:57 am

adamk wrote:Alex - Do you know anywhere in Leeds that us showing the fight tomorrow? i'm doing the Otley Run so looking for a place to finish at for the fight

cheers

adam

If you're doing the otley run, you'll finish unconscious in a kebab shop. At least that used to be my strategy. I appreciate that's not much help.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Thu 29 May 2014, 8:22 am

milkyboy wrote:
adamk wrote:Alex - Do you know anywhere in Leeds that us showing the fight tomorrow? i'm doing the Otley Run so looking for a place to finish at for the fight

cheers

adam

If you're doing the otley run, you'll finish unconscious in a kebab shop. At least that used to be my strategy. I appreciate that's not much help.

haha yeah thats what happened last time i did it... really hope i manage to catch the fight somewhere although the 11am start wont help my chances!

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 29 May 2014, 9:54 am

None of the prices offered look particularly appetising

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 29 May 2014, 9:54 am

11am start. Those were the days. I wish you luck Adam, you may need it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Thu 29 May 2014, 10:24 am

milkyboy wrote:11am start. Those were the days. I wish you luck Adam, you may need it.

thanks... i'll need it as its my leaving do from work Sad

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 29 May 2014, 9:41 pm

I'm going to Shooters Bar, but that's in town, not sure if the pubs along Otley run will be showing it however, I would imagine at least one would though...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 29 May 2014, 9:58 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Define an upset simply not being there though, Hammersmith. Underdogs come through now and then and Donaire hasn't looked particularly well in his last few fights.

I thought he looked well off the pace against Mathebula. The problems and weaknesses he showed in that fight can't all be put down to Mathebula's height and reach, for me. The Donaire of three or four years back would be a safer bet against Vetyeka, but Vetyeka's style and strengths don't bode too well for the Donaire who loads up, can't land a jab for love nor money and wades in flat footed.

Even guys like Nishioka and Narvaez have won the jab battle convincingly against Donaire (granted, they were lefties who he hates fighting against) but just haven't been able to stand up to his power or buzz him. Don't think it's beyond the realms that a Featherweight with a good jab and defence like Vetyeka could improve a lot on what they showed and make Donaire look poor if his recent form is anything to go by. He looks a lot more natural at 126 than Donaire.

Hey, it's an outside punt but you can't just write off any fighter who isn't the betting favourite. Based on styles and his recent performances it'd be a shock if Donaire won as easily as many seem to think, in my eyes.

Be surprised if Vetkeya can last the pace with Donaire, Vetyeka started off at Bantamweight too you know, and was thoroughly outboxed by the average Hasegawa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZlJmn048Bw

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sat 31 May 2014, 9:16 am

Terrible bet. accumulators are for mugs.

Increase the multiple and reduce your stake. It's a lottery.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 31 May 2014, 2:13 pm

I'm taking Mitchell and people have got me scared (Chris!!!!) about the Donaire fight so I'm gonna leave those out.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 31 May 2014, 2:22 pm

Were you not insisting the Thai hot shot McDonnell is facing would be a really tough fight?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 01 Jun 2014, 2:13 pm

hazharrison wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Hello again lads,

I'm going for:

Donaire To Win 1/6
McDonnell To Win 1/7
Degale To Win 2/9
Mitchell To Win 8/15
Groves To Win 5/4

Swap Groves for Froch

Told you. Yeah, I'm THAT guy.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down