The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:18 am

No apologies necessary... I know exactly what you mean, mate.

I just hope we aren't totally embarrassed by Chile. It could get ugly (the scoreline and the play). Our rough diamonds often resort to foul play when under the pump. We are simply not in the same class when it comes to football.

If we can get out of there with under 10 goals (for the 3 matches) scored against us - I'll feel "happy"... but I'm concerned we might get 16+ goals scored against us.

When we crash - we crash & burn in a big way. It's our style.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:21 am

Linebreaker wrote:No apologies necessary... I know exactly what you mean, mate.

I just hope we aren't totally embarrassed by Chile. It could get ugly (the scoreline and the play). Our rough diamonds often resort to foul play when under the pump. We are simply not in the same class when it comes to football.

If we can get out of there with under 10 goals (for the 3 matches) scored against us - I'll feel "happy"... but I'm concerned we might get 16+ goals scored against us.

When we crash - we crash & burn in a big way. It's our style.

If only it was the Rugby League world cup. I would have cashed my winnings the minute I drew Oz out of the hat.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:24 am

Guffaw

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:25 am

Sad times in Oz. The lead singer of The Master's Apprentices died today - Jim Keays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKE2hmgzUgo
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:28 am

what do you think of the rugby side Tino? Looks strong to me. Only weakness possibly the front row.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:38 am

seanmichaels wrote:what do you think of the rugby side Tino? Looks strong to me. Only weakness possibly the front row.

Yeah I'm pretty happy. Feel a bit sorry for Lawes as he was awarded 'Man of the series' in the 6N and now Parling has one good game last week and keeps Lawes out of the side. Strange decision for me. If it's all about form then why was Haskell dropped when he was a standout player last week. I am guessing the All Blacks would be more fearful of Lawes than Parling. Parling is supposed to be some lineout genius but I think Lawes had much better lineout stats than Parling did over the previous two 6N.

But, having Hartley, Lawes, Billy V, Youngs and Burns coming off of the bench is certainly stronger than last week.

Interesting to see how Manu gets on playing 14 as he will be up against Savea (19 tries in 20 tests) who is a fearsome player. That will be some collision between those two.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:51 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:what do you think of the rugby side Tino? Looks strong to me. Only weakness possibly the front row.

Yeah I'm pretty happy.  Feel a bit sorry for Lawes as he was awarded 'Man of the series' in the 6N and now Parling has one good game last week and keeps Lawes out of the side.  Strange decision for me.  If it's all about form then why was Haskell dropped when he was a standout player last week.  I am guessing the All Blacks would be more fearful of Lawes than Parling.  Parling is supposed to be some lineout genius but I think Lawes had much better lineout stats than Parling did over the previous two 6N.

But, having Hartley, Lawes, Billy V, Youngs and Burns coming off of the bench is certainly stronger than last week.

Interesting to see how Manu gets on playing 14 as he will be up against Savea (19 tries in 20 tests) who is a fearsome player.  That will be some collision between those two.

Good points Tino, but more importantly, will there be any nice totty in the crowd?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:52 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty happy.  Feel a bit sorry for Lawes as he was awarded 'Man of the series' in the 6N and now Parling has one good game last week and keeps Lawes out of the side.  Strange decision for me.  If it's all about form then why was Haskell dropped when he was a standout player last week.  I am guessing the All Blacks would be more fearful of Lawes than Parling.  Parling is supposed to be some lineout genius but I think Lawes had much better lineout stats than Parling did over the previous two 6N.

Interesting to see how Manu gets on playing 14 as he will be up against Savea (19 tries in 20 tests) who is a fearsome player.  That will be some collision between those two.

Good points Tino, but more importantly, will there be any nice totty clunge in the crowd?

Do try to maintain some standards, Julius.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:58 am

It is an interesting point Jules makes. Given the location (Dunedin) and the time of the year, I think any nipple action will be sparse. Might see a bit of Maori arris cheek if that's your thing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:15 am

I don't know why I bothered.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:17 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I don't why I bothered.

Your analysis was good. I like Parling but I'm sure Lawes is seen as an impact player. Proper squad game these days.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:20 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Your analysis was good. I like Parling but I'm sure Lawes is seen as an impact player. Proper squad game these days.

Thanks Seany. You've lifted my spirits.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:27 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Thanks Seany.  You've lifted my spirits.

He'll be drinking your spirits if you're not careful.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:29 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I only really drink whisky and the occasion G&T (must be Bombay Sapphire or Tankeray gin) if the mood takes me.

Doing anything nice this weekend, Julio?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:31 am

Love this:

"Just because you are sweating, you are not tired. It is natural, it is nature. There is a physical side but you have to mentally tell yourself 'I am not tired'."

Who needs sports science when you have the Yorkshire common sense of former England batsman Geoffrey Boycott, the slayer of bowling attacks in Chennai, Brisbane and Durban?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:36 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I only really drink whisky and the occasion G&T (must be Bombay Sapphire or Tankeray gin) if the mood takes me.

Doing anything nice this weekend, Julio?

Not overly. Tennis match on Sunday morning.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:37 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Senior doubles?

You playing Martha from the ward again?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:40 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Senior doubles?

We get some coffin dodgers on the courts next to the ground. Sometimes I find cellulite bizarrely attractive.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:43 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Senior doubles?

We get some coffin dodgers on the courts next to the ground. Sometimes I find cellulite bizarrely attractive.

What about varicose veins?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:46 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Don't talk to me about them. Had results of my MR scan last night and they won't operate. Apparently the affected ones are communicating with the arteries so any mistake would result in losing my leg.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:51 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Don't talk to me about them. Had results of my MR scan last night and they won't operate. Apparently the affected ones are communicating with the arteries so any mistake would result in losing my leg.

How did you end up with varicose veins? You're a relatively young bloke.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:57 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klippel%E2%80%93Tr%C3%A9naunay_syndrome

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Jun 2014, 12:16 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Hypertrophy of bony and soft tissues, that may lead to local gigantism

What a result.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 12:25 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Hypertrophy of bony and soft tissues, that may lead to local gigantism

What a result.

Laugh

Unfortunately it was my middle toes but they bit the dust a long time ago. My left leg was 6cm longer than my right when it was measured in 2005. Got away quite lightly, only port wine stains on my leg and not very prominent.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 13 Jun 2014, 12:40 pm

Can't believe wiki haven't got you on the list of notable cases.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 1:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Can't believe wiki haven't got you on the list of notable cases.

Yes. I'll have to have words. Patience Hodgson is quite a fitty.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 13 Jun 2014, 2:22 pm

Culture Cup: The Desolation of Galted.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 15 Jun 2014, 7:25 pm

Just a quick note to say that I'm not Sam Kelly, Francis Matthews, Jimmy Scott or Casey Kasem. However I'm willing to be Casey Kasem for 3 Scooby snacks.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 15 Jun 2014, 9:18 pm

Duly noted, Julius. On Tuesday I'm off on holiday for a week so am going to specialise in being famous people who die in Corfu.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:22 am

Fist.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:36 am

seanmichaels wrote:Fist.

Sicond.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:38 am

Therd

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:42 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Therd

How did the game go, Jules?

Lost in straight sets to a pair of octogenarians is my guess?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:44 am

Won one rubber in straight sets, lost on in straight sets. Our other pair did the same - match drawn 2-2.
I was the oldest.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:49 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Won one rubber in straight sets, lost on in straight sets. Our other pair did the same - match drawn 2-2.
I was the oldest.

Which Darby and Joan club do you represent at tennis, Jules?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:57 am

I play for the Darby & Joan second team.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 16 Jun 2014, 8:58 am

How was the cricket Tino? Good knockers on show? We had a bit of rain in sarl landan.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 16 Jun 2014, 9:12 am

seanmichaels wrote:How was the cricket Tino? Good knockers on show? We had a bit of rain in sarl landan.

It was pretty good thanks. My fears of watching Sri Lanka bat all day came true but it a good day. It drizzled on and off but never enough to stop play. The cloud did limit 'knocker watch' a little bit though.

You would have been proud of me. I drank from about 10:30 till 22:00 when I finally got a train home. Including a few drinking games when the play was meandering.

How was your match?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 16 Jun 2014, 9:40 am

seanmichaels wrote:How was the cricket Tino? Good knockers on show? We had a bit of rain in sarl landan.

It was pretty good thanks.  My fears of watching Sri Lanka bat all day came true but it a good day.  It drizzled on and off but never enough to stop play.  The cloud did limit 'knocker watch' a little bit though.

You would have been proud of me.  I drank from about 10:30 till 22:00 when I finally got a train home.  Including a few drinking games when the play was meandering.  

How was your match?

Lost. Bowled them out fairly cheaply then they bowled us out even more cheaply. I got a bit of a snorter which I apparently gloved to the keeper. Didn't feel anything though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 16 Jun 2014, 9:49 am

And I was cringing listening to Ballance interviewed on TMS last night. At least pretend to be a Yorkshireman!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:18 am

Any sign of a declaration, seany?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:35 am

Morning all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:37 am

Rowley wrote:Morning all.

Morning Jeff. How was the gig and the camping?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:38 am

Morning Jeff / LB.

They have to declare LB. No sign as yet though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:40 am

Just declared Sean. All was good Tina. Think I prefer a hotel to camping but needs must and all that. Mr Weller was on fine form, and the weather behaved.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:42 am

Morning lads - had a rather entertaining weekend - We lost the basketball match, but I threw down a thunderous windmill dunk which will live on in the memory long after the result has been forgotten.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:45 am

What height are you, Raf?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:49 am

Good stuff, raf. Did you see any of the NBA final match?

This time next week I'll be looking at a hole where my sunroom/kitchen/part of back yard presently is. The snow has arrived down sarf... one can feel a definite nip in the air till about mid morning. Good timing on my part. Still a pleasant 19-21°C during the day and no rain predicted for next week.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:52 am

Linebreaker wrote:Good stuff, raf. Did you see any of the NBA final match?

This time next week I'll be looking at a hole where my sunroom/kitchen/part of back yard presently is. The snow has arrived down sarf... one can feel a definite nip in the air till about mid morning. Good timing on my part. Still a pleasant 19-21°C during the day and no rain predicted for next week.

LB are you a builder?

I need to run an additional (soil) waste pipe into an existing pipe which runs to the mains sewer. Do I need a manhole?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:Do I need a manhole?

You've had plenty of them before.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum