The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 7 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Pal Joey Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:58 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:Good stuff, raf. Did you see any of the NBA final match?

This time next week I'll be looking at a hole where my sunroom/kitchen/part of back yard presently is. The snow has arrived down sarf... one can feel a definite nip in the air till about mid morning. Good timing on my part. Still a pleasant 19-21°C during the day and no rain predicted for next week.

LB are you a builder?

I need to run an additional (soil) waste pipe into an existing pipe which runs to the mains sewer. Do I need a manhole?

No, I'm an architect. Not sure if you need an extra manhole... depends on the distance, no? Maybe just an inspection eye?
If it's only a metre or two run, then probably not.  Check with your local authority or type the question in the google search box.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:02 pm

superflyweight wrote:What height are you, Raf?

I'm 6'0, maybe 6'1 with my basketball shoes. The good lord/Darwin saw if fit to give me some serious hops (38" vertical). It's a great pity, I've got the height of a point guard, but the mentality of power forward. Can't facilitate the play, questionable shooting, but my god can I throw it down.

LB - Yeah I caught some of it, a Heat fan, so I'm a little disappointed, but I'm happy for San Antonio, as they just might be the best Organization in world sports.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:05 pm

kingraf wrote:

I'm 6'0, maybe 6'1 with my basketball shoes.

Careful Raf. This is classic Superfly tactics. He'll make you think he is interested but the reality is, he is grooming you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:08 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Do I need a manhole?

You've had plenty of them before.

Bog off windows

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:19 pm

kingraf wrote:

Careful Raf.  This is classic Superfly tactics.  He'll make you think he is interested but the reality is, he is grooming you.

True. Earlier he wanted to know where I play tennis. I'm a little afraid.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:24 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Careful Raf.  This is classic Superfly tactics.  He'll make you think he is interested but the reality is, he is grooming you.

True. Earlier he wanted to know where I play tennis. I'm a little afraid.

Whilst everyone thinks I am a stalkerish little w*nker, Superfly goes about his merry way trying to groom young, nubile Saffer's or not so young English gentlemen.

I know what he is doing and, quite frankly, I am sick of it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:42 pm

This is what he does Tina. Superfly is a far worse music snob than me but is happy to sit back and let me get all the abuse for snobbery. Am glad someone else can see through it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:47 pm

Rowley wrote:This is what he does Tina. Superfly is a far worse music snob than me but is happy to sit back and let me get all the abuse for snobbery. Am glad someone else can see through it.

His pseudo intellectualism is particularly frustrating as well.

I actually think Strongy might be on to something.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:53 pm

I miss Galted. You lot are a pile of pr1cks.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:59 pm

There he goes again. I set the OP as a tribute to Galted, yet he wants everyone to think he misses Galted more than I do.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Bit harsh on Superfly. He pm'd me a while back when I said I was thinking of getting a dog. He said he had a couple of puppies that he'd like me to see and was willing to drive his van down south to meet half way. Even came up with a really nice suggestion of me not telling anyone where I was going or whom I was meeting as it would be a brilliant surprise for the missus when I return home with a dog.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:14 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Bit harsh on Superfly. He pm'd me a while back when I said I was thinking of getting a dog. He said he had a couple of puppies that he'd like me to see and was willing to drive his van down south to meet half way. Even came up with a really nice suggestion of me not telling anyone where I was going or whom I was meeting as it would be a brilliant surprise for the missus when I return home with a dog.

You as well.

It was the old 'I've got a van full of jumpers that Next in Edinburgh were getting rid of for free' story that got me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:15 pm

I detect a pattern. Mine was a load of experimental new zimmer frames.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I detect a pattern. Mine was a load of experimental new zimmer frames.

Bath salts for Jeff.

Sh*t footwear for Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Lost loves for kingraf.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:24 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I detect a pattern. Mine was a load of experimental new zimmer frames.

I think if Jeff posts something along the lines of - he promised me a boot full of Radox Feel Good About Yourself Bath Salts, the evidence would be irrefutable.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:25 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

I think if Jeff posts something along the lines of - he promised me a boot full of Radox Feel Good About Yourself Bath Salts the evidence is irrefutable.

Bath Salts - very good sean, I bet Tino wishes he'd thought of that first.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:25 pm

He once offered me an almost unreal deal on questionable Performance enhancers Scotland Yard seized. He told me they were as clean as the rain outside. Also kindly offered to deliver them personally, at the honeymoon suite at a Lodge with no cellphone connection, or internet access. Fantastic guy, Superfly.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I think if Jeff posts something along the lines of - he promised me a boot full of Radox Feel Good About Yourself Bath Salts the evidence is irrefutable.

Yep, damn your eyes, Seany. You're too quick for the rest of us.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Yep, damn your eyes, Seany.  You're too quick for the rest of us.

Scotch eggs for Toppy!!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:32 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Yep, damn your eyes, Seany.  You're too quick for the rest of us.

Scotch eggs for Toppy!!

Rucksacks for Shah.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Lucky Heather for Strongy......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 pm

B@stards to a man.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Soiled copies of Razzle for Sean.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Lot's of complaints over Phil Neville's commentary in the England game? I was very drunk but it wasn't great.

Why. Does. He. Punctuate. His. Commentary. With. Thousands. Of. Full stops. It. Was. Very. Hard. To. Listen. To.

What did everyone think?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:24 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Lost loves for kingraf.

He'd need a double decker bus.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:28 pm

It was just a bit boring - although I was also quite, quite drunk.  He still has a long way to go before he can even dream of being as bad as Mark Lawrenson who reminds me of an old man sitting in a hospital ward shouting at people walking past (no, not Julius).  

Jonathan Pearce appearing not to realise that time is linear when commentating on the use of goal line technology for one of France's goals was the worst bit of commentary I've ever heard - even surpasses the time that Shane Warne talked for 15 minutes on films that he liked - "aww, tell you what, that Hangover is a great film.  So is the Wedding Crashers.  Marley and Me..."

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What did everyone think?

Didn't really bother me to be honest. A mate whacking me with inflatable tubes was worse. And the smell of the industrial strength skunk they were smoking outside.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:36 pm

Well that was rather low Trotty.... even if it did make me lol out loud
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Boycott on TMS on Friday:

'Where's Aggers? He were a reet good bowler was Jonathan. He'd aim at the middle of t'bat and 'it it every time.'

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Sounds like my rather embarrassing attempt at spin bowling then, though right arm slow was an infinitely more accurate description
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:09 am

Thirst!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:22 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Thirst!

Thecond.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:27 am

Third (doesn't work for third)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:30 am

rick_dagless wrote:Third (doesn't work for third)

Fird. It is street

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:34 am

sean wrote:Fird. It is street.

Like Fiddy?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:49 am

Yeah. And fimble. And kiddy fiddler.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:05 am

sean wrote:And kiddy fiddler

I am just not that down with the kids...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:03 am

Alas, poor Culture Cup. I knew it well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:19 am

Nothing is so good it lasts eternally,
Perfect situations must go wrong,
But this has never yet prevented Jules,
Wanting far too much,
For far too long,

Looking back I could have played it differently,
With a few less racist jokes who can tell,
But it took time to understand Galted,
Now at least I know,
I know him well,

Wasn't it good,
Oh so good,
Wasn't he fine,
Oh so fine,
Isn't madness he won't resign?
But in the end he needs a little bit more than me,
More, IT security,
He needs Wrap-it-up and Wolfskin,
I know him so well,

No one in your life is with you constantly,
No one is completely on your side,
And though Tino would move his world to be with him,
Still the gap between them is too wide,

Looking back Jeff could have played it differently,
Been a bit less grumpy who can tell,
But it took time to understand Galted,
Now at least he knows,
He knows him well,

Wasn't it good,
Oh so good,
Wasn't he fine,
Oh so fine,
More, IT security,
He needs fantasy and Wolfskin,
I know him so well,

Wasn't it good,
Oh so good,
Wasn't he fine,
Oh so fine,
More, IT security,
He needs fantasy and Wolfskin,
I know him so well,

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:29 am

Sorry gents, I am catching up with my inbox after a couple of days off so can not yet afford the appropriate time to the club.

I will remedy at the first possible opportunity...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:40 am

Nice one sean. LOL out loud.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Well not that there is anyone here anymore, but, for old times sake...

A meat feast sub with Worcester Sauce Walkers French Fries..

And it was nice...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:48 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Well not that there is anyone here anymore, but, for old times sake...

A meat feast sub with Worcester Sauce Walkers French Fries..

And it was nice...

Precisely the kind of post to get things going again. I had a barbecue chicken and rocket salad and a 500ml bottle of Coke Zero. It was all pretty good, but I'm still hungry.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:53 pm

I had cold spag bol. Good but I'm still hungry. Cider later or more food now? These are the grave decisions I'm faced with on a daily basis.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Afternoon super...

I am guessing sean, that the decision is going to be cider?

Where is everyone this fine day? Any z-listers died?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:56 pm

So you're actually now choosing between alcohol and food? That's only one step up from choosing between alcohol and new shoes for your kids. You don't have kids do you, sean?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:00 pm

superflyweight wrote:So you're actually now choosing between alcohol and food?  That's only one step up from choosing between alcohol and new shoes for your kids.  You don't have kids do you, sean?    

No, missus doesn't want any / is too old. I will eat later but plan on a few beers first.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Afternoon Rick.  I did some checking and managed to locate everyone:

Jules - stuck halfway up his stairs because he forgot to put money in the meter and his stairlift has no battery back up.
Jeff - rolling up hill and down t'dales in his bath.
Galted - being held on remand and facing some pretty serious charges actually.  No wonder his internet access was curtailed.  
Shah - Guantanamo.
Raf - he was up all night making love to himself.
LB - fell into that hole he's been digging in his garden.
Union - finally reverse linealed himself out of existence
Tina - doing something ridiculously middle-classed.  I'm guessing pottery classes.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Cheers super, cleared it all up nicely!

How was your weekend?

Do we need an intervention for sean?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next