The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Thu 26 Jun 2014, 6:20 pm

kingraf wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I feel betrayed by Raf.  He told us he was off whoring it around the Indian Ocean.  Instead, he's over on the boxing boards using the word "thrice".  

I'm still in the Indian Ocean, Mauritius at the moment, and off to Reunion in two days. Been scarce this week, but I couldn't resist a nibble at Truss backing Frazier to beat someone in two.

Anyway, was great touching base. Mauritius isn't really a great place after dark, especially the Hindi majority... Thats why Im posting at eight pm when i should be passed out somewhere. Didn't realise the place was so religious. Great pity - Spent the entire morning tanning at the beach, and there were plenty maidens whose inner sanctums I'd like to have entered...

I didn't though (on the off chance my beautiful girlfriend is reading)....

If you need any advice on boat travel or snorkelling I'm available, kingraf. Neither of them faze me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Thu 26 Jun 2014, 9:47 pm

Where is everyone?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Are you all waiting for me to go to bed?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Bastards.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 26 Jun 2014, 9:52 pm

I'm here Galted. I'm here for you, my old friend.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 26 Jun 2014, 9:58 pm

I love you, Julius. I love you in a manly let's-go-hunting-and-fishing-and-camping-together-with-no-bumming-involved way.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 26 Jun 2014, 9:59 pm

I'm here as well. Quite exhausted though. Who knew chasing skirts was this time consuming?

edit - I was looking to buy the perfect one for my girlfriend
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:18 pm

Very good wordplay, kingraf. You should really be looking to get your leg over though rather than p1ssing about on forums seeing as it's your last year of teendom and your knob's in its prime.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:19 pm

Galted wrote:I love you, Julius.  I love you in a manly let's-go-hunting-and-fishing-and-camping-together-with-no-bumming-involved way.

Agreed, as long as I don't actually have to go hunting, fishing or camping.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:21 pm

Just collect the firewood and boil some water you mean?

Good morning by the way.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I love you, Julius.  I love you in a manly let's-go-hunting-and-fishing-and-camping-together-with-no-bumming-involved way.

Fine with me. We could get a blanket and thermos and sit on Henman Hill, complaining about the noise and how youngsters today don't pull their trousers up to a suitable height.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:29 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Fine with me.  We could get a blanket and thermos and sit on Henman Hill, complaining about the noise and how youngsters today don't pull their trousers up to a suitable height.

They don't, do they. Some of them even colour the tips of their hair.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:30 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Just collect the firewood and boil some water you mean?

Good morning by the way.

I'm sure that Julius would get the butler to collect firewood and boil water before shooting him in the face with his favourite musket.

Not really sure whether "morning" or "evening" is an appropriate response.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:38 pm

My last month actually. Mauritius is rather quiet, and there's been precious little to do, socially. Off to Reunion tomorrow, which should be the drunken orgy I was promised.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 26 Jun 2014, 10:46 pm

Yeah, you can't beat a good reunion.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 27 Jun 2014, 7:44 am

Morning all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:14 am

Morning Jeff, how are you this fine Friday?

Or are you simply glad you are not moderating the Football/Liverpool boards?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:22 am

Morning Rickster. Morning Jeffrey.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:25 am

Morning all. Dress down day today. Keeping my eye out for some white pointers.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:29 am

seanmichaels wrote:Morning all. Dress down day today.

Morning Seany.

You should be a maverick like me and dress down everyday (if not wearing a suit and tie constitutes 'dressing down' when there is nothing in rules to say I am allowed to discard them). I play by my rules. Too rock and roll for anything else.

What has your missus made you wear today then?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:34 am

Morning Tino, Morning sean.

Not dress down here today, which is probably for the best as it is raining, and dress down days should be saved for hot days, and skimpier clothing.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:36 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Morning all. Dress down day today.

Morning Seany.

You should be a maverick like me and dress down everyday (if not wearing a suit and tie constitutes 'dressing down' when there is nothing in rules to say I am allowed to discard them).  I play by my rules.  Too rock and roll for anything else.

What has your missus made you wear today then?

I have a burgundy polo shirt type thing from Reiss. Jeans and blue suede ankle boots with orange-y sort of stitching.

Bit worried actually. Have an eye test today and need some sun glasses for france as well as 2 new pairs of normal glasses. She is insistent on coming to choose the glasses and most she has picked out so far are Dennis Taylor / Deirdrie Barlow types.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:39 am

seanmichaels wrote:Morning all. Dress down day today. Keeping my eye out for some white pointers.

Just don't ask Tino for some pointers.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:45 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Morning all. Dress down day today. Keeping my eye out for some white pointers.

Just don't ask Tino for some pointers.

Or you.

I don't think Sean is ready for the blue rinse and knitted cardigan look.

Julius, can you answer me something please. Why do you old people always wear coats in the summer, no matter how hot it is? And trousers, shirt and a tie? What is all that about?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:52 am

It's a sympathy thing. We like to make young people look good by comparison and it's the only outfit that looks worse than a Next shirt/jumper combo.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 9:00 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's a sympathy thing. We like to make young people look good by comparison and it's the only outfit that looks worse than a Next shirt/jumper combo.

Sean's just described himself as looking like Danny Dyer in elf shoes. That is worse than any Next shirt/jumper combo (light blue shirt/black jumper today, since you asked).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 9:03 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:(light blue shirt/black jumper today, since you asked).

I believe in miracles
Since you came along...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 9:05 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:(light blue shirt/black jumper today, since you asked).

I believe in miracles
Since you came along...

Can't you groom me via PM, Jules?

I get all shy on the main board.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 9:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's a sympathy thing. We like to make young people look good by comparison and it's the only outfit that looks worse than a Next shirt/jumper combo.

Sean's just described himself as looking like Danny Dyer in elf shoes.  That is worse than any Next shirt/jumper combo (light blue shirt/black jumper today, since you asked).

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:00 am

Bit sh1te on here today. Don't know whether to go to the boozer at lunch. Already have a £35 tab to settle at the cricket club tonight.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:03 am

seanmichaels wrote:Bit sh1te on here today. Don't know whether to go to the boozer at lunch. Already have a £35 tab to settle at the cricket club tonight.

You could just pick up some cheap beer at the off-license and drink it under a bridge with the other alkies.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Bit sh1te on here today. Don't know whether to go to the boozer at lunch. Already have a £35 tab to settle at the cricket club tonight.

You could just pick up some cheap beer at the off-license and drink it under a bridge with the other alkies.

I am a bit off cheap beer / cider at the moment. Oranjeboom at the shop round the corner from work has been reduced to £4.50 but I've already bought 16 cans from there this week. Another 8 and he'll start to think I have a problem.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:12 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

And shouldn't ib be Alchies?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:13 am

He is probably fully aware you have a problem sean, due to rocking up at ungodly hours stinking of stale cider...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:14 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

And shouldn't ib be Alchies?

No, 'alkies' is correct. Shouldn't 'ib' be 'it'?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:25 am

I knew a bloke called Ib once. From Denmark.

Not to be confused with Eb which is Hungarian for dog. Or pooch more correctly.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:31 am

I don't smell. I mouthwash, brush and shower properly. Even bought a bag of those brush things for in between your teeth. Immensely satisfying. Saves going back to the psycho hygienist.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:03 am

How many times, Michaels.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:06 am

Ever? Wouldn't know. At least twice a day these days

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:11 am

seanmichaels wrote:Ever? Wouldn't know. At least twice a day these days

I meant how many times are you going to kill this, once vibrant, thread.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:14 am

Bog off windows.

(Sorry, but I figured if I posted it instead of michaels, the thread might survive)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:18 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Bog off windows.

(Sorry, but I figured if I posted it instead of michaels, the thread might survive)

I can't work out if Sean is just a victim of poor timing or if it is just him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:24 am

I was born on Friday the 13th (albeit Good Friday). I'll always be the victim of poor timing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:26 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Bog off windows.

To believe the former, you have to have a belief in coincidence that most conspiracy theorists would recoil from.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:32 am

MH370 landed on Ile de Saint-Paul.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:41 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Bog off windows.

To believe the former, you have to have a belief in coincidence that most conspiracy theorists would recoil from.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I was tired when I watched the moon landings documentary. I have changed my mind.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:44 am

What you up to this weekend Tino?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:45 am

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Bog off windows.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist.  I was tired when I watched the moon landings documentary.  I have changed my mind.

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong Tino. (Btw, I didn't used to think that.)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:47 am

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 12:36 pm

seanmichaels wrote:6001

So that means your 6000th post was asking me what my weekend involves. What a lovely, beautiful moment Seany. I am deeply touched.

Nothing much in answer to your landmark question. Think we are going pond dipping in Norfolk on Sunday but that is it.

You?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next