The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 27 Jun 2014, 12:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:6001

So that means your 6000th post was asking me what my weekend involves.  What a lovely, beautiful moment Seany.  I am deeply touched.

Nothing much in answer to your landmark question.  Think we are going pond dipping waterboarding in Norfolk on Sunday but that is it.

You?
What does he want to know now?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 12:43 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

So that means your 6000th post was asking me what my weekend involves.  What a lovely, beautiful moment Seany.  I am deeply touched.

Nothing much in answer to your landmark question.  Think we are going pond dipping waterboarding in Norfolk on Sunday but that is it.

You?

Is being waterboarded as bad as they say, Shah?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 12:44 pm

Have you been waterboarded shah? Or do they use different tactics in Diego garcia?

I built a pond for my old man's biology lessons when I worked at his school. Terrific array of species after a year or so.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 27 Jun 2014, 12:53 pm

Just realised I have passed 1500 posts, small fry compared to 6000 of course but my counter is not moving so I can not tell which my 1500th post is.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 12:58 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Just realised I have passed 1500 posts, small fry compared to 6000 of course but my counter is not moving so I can not tell which my 1500th post is.

I'd be at 10k if it wasn't for Rowley

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:00 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Just realised I have passed 1500 posts, small fry compared to 6000 of course but my counter is not moving so I can not tell which my 1500th post is.

I believe it was this;

rick_dagless wrote:Be hard to drum up support sean

It's a real beauty, Rick.  You must be terribly proud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:03 pm

I believe it was this;

rick_dagless wrote:Be hard to drum up support sean

It's a real beauty, Rick.  You must be terribly proud.

Although it would have been better if it was this one;

rick_dagless wrote: Free Game (full) when you buy Mario Kart 8

I went for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate which i was going to buy for £40 a coulpe of weeks earlier

That is a special one, Rick.  Really special.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:04 pm

TIno wrote:It's a real beauty, Rick.  You must be terribly proud.

Out of context it looks bad, but when you realise it was a Jazz based pun it is actually not too bad.

Tino wrote:That is a special one, Rick.  Really special.

You just try and help a brother out...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:07 pm

I can happily delete a few comments so you can have another go at 1500 Rick

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:09 pm

Thanks for the concern Jeff, but it would be a hollow victory to go back and get a decent comment in this way, i'll stick with Jazz based punnery for now, and raise my game for 2000.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:41 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

You?

I wouldn't know, i'm next in line

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:48 pm

We were playing a london based side with quite a few Asians (11) and about 4 or 5 of them got the train down with their cricket gear. Unfortunately it was fairly shortly after 7/7 so when they arrived at the station in leafy surrey they were confronted by a SWAT team. Made the game an hour and a half late when the MRF's and CA's were finally deemed as non explosive.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:50 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

You?

A tip for you Shah. Wear a snorkel and goggles. Wetsuit is optional attire.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:53 pm

seanmichaels wrote:We were playing a london based side with quite a few Asians (11) and about 4 or 5 of them got the train down with their cricket gear. Unfortunately it was fairly shortly after 7/7 so when they arrived at the station in leafy surrey they were confronted by a SWAT team. Made the game an hour and a half late when the MRF's and CA's were finally deemed as non explosive.
Are you sure that hour and half wasn't to replace the grips that had come off in your arse like a condom in reverse

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:55 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

You?

I'd rather be waterboarded than look like galted

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 27 Jun 2014, 2:00 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

You?

I'd rather be waterboarded than look like galted

He hasn't been cheesegrated has he?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 27 Jun 2014, 2:47 pm

Beer O'Clock. Good weekend all.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Beer O'Clock. Good weekend all.

Have a good one, Seany.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 2:56 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Thanks for the concern Jeff, but it would be a hollow victory to go back and get a decent comment in this way, i'll stick with Jazz based punnery for now, and raise my game for 2000.

Linebreaker's just passed 42000. I guess when you reach that many, reaching the next thousand is no big deal.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 3:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Thanks for the concern Jeff, but it would be a hollow victory to go back and get a decent comment in this way, i'll stick with Jazz based punnery for now, and raise my game for 2000.

Linebreaker's just passed 42000. I guess when you reach that many, reaching the next thousand is no big deal.

Bit like birthdays for you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 3:34 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yes Tino, exactly like birthdays for me. There's nothing f*cking good about getting old. It's just a constant downhill reminder that you can't do the things you used to, and you'll never be able to do them again. You look like sh!t, you feel like sh1t, then after a while you die. Happy now?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Jun 2014, 3:39 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yes Tino, exactly like birthdays for me. There's nothing f*cking good about getting old. It's just a constant downhill reminder that you can't do the things you used to, and you'll never be able to do them again. You look like sh!t, you feel like sh1t, then after a while you die. Happy now?

No Julius, I'm not happy.

Have a lovely weekend, old boy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 27 Jun 2014, 3:45 pm

I'll have as good a weekend as my decrepit and withered body will allow Tino.
I hope you have a good weekend also. Don't do anything stupid like highlight your hair or buy a pair of white pointers.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:08 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I could never have reached such dizzying heights without the kind assistance of (King)Kenny, Galted, Eirebilly, a few others and you, Marxy.

I might quit the site before I reach 42367 out of respect for Kenny (who hasn't been on here since March).
Just have to find an aesthetic number. Missed some good ones but will probably have to settle on a palindrome like 42124, 42224 or 42324?
(Alternatively - I could quit on August 4; the 100th anniversary of Britain declaring war on Germany in WW1)

Apart from the odd spelling blunder and silly comment - I crave perfection and any form of symmetry. That is the only goal for me on this site.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 29 Jun 2014, 11:09 pm

Fist.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 12:05 am

Fist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 30 Jun 2014, 12:09 am

Outfisted by Groucho when I logged in I didn't think I'd be typing that. Last time anything like that happened was last weekend's Culture Cup fisting competition for over 40's.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 12:19 am

There's still some fisting in the old dog yet.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 8:41 am

Now that is a thread killer that even sean would be proud of!

Morning all...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 8:52 am

Morning Rick. Feeling a bit weathered this morning. Turd and alcohol yesterday, not a great combination.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:08 am

Morning sean, I can not imagine that turd and alchohol is great in any combination, barring maybe some highly specialist websites involving eastern European ladies.

Did you win at cricket this weekend?

I had a fairly relaxed weekend which was nice, involving some good eating and crap T.V.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:16 am

Nah. Losing draw against top of the league. Bloody conned us into an unrealistic run chase. Out drank them at the end though. 4 of us on the balcony singing Shania Twain's 'That don't impress me much' while the bar man was locking up.

Had a couple of the younger cricket guys over to help me install a new soil stack into the existing clay drainage. Neighbours were having a family BBQ to the sound of us wretching after a rogue floater appeared.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:18 am

Did you install an inspection pit, sean?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:20 am

Fair enough, who knew Shania Twain was up there in the sledging lexicon!

Bet the smell would have helped the old BBQ also, may have been a rogue kebab, making a run for it like the Polymorph from Red Dwarf.

Hope you pulled rank on the young 'uns!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:28 am

Linebreaker wrote:Did you install an inspection pit, sean?

Changed my mind. Ran a T junction into it. Building regs say there is no need for an inspection pit if it is rod-able from existing manholes. One is about 10ft from the manhole so OK i think. May put a rodding eye on a 90 degree bend.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:37 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:Did you install an inspection pit, sean?

Changed my mind. Ran a T junction into it. Building regs say there is no need for an inspection pit if it is rod-able from existing manholes. One is about 10ft from the manhole so OK i think. May put a rodding eye on a 90 degree bend.

Problem solved.

My backyard here has been levelled. Demo complete. The place looks so different now. Open is a word that springs to mind!
Surveyor doing the building peg out tomorrow and the pool guy will also be on site. Knackered today but feeling good.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:56 am

I think Tino could have been Bobby Womack?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:58 am

seanmichaels wrote:I think Tino could have been Bobby Womack?

Womack is a multi faceted genius, with talent and charisma to burn. As I don't want to start the week by arguing or insulting Tina, I will say you might be on to something Sean.

Morning all by the way.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:04 am

Good weekend Jeff? Not a massive fan of Arcade Fire but thought they were sensational on Friday night.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:13 am

Did not watch it Sean, tried to watch Kasabian last night, but they make me cringe. Steady weekend Sean, not really done a lot, how was yours?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:26 am

Cooked a good BBQ last night. Pork belly in Strongbow being the highlight.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:41 am

seanmichaels wrote:Cooked a good BBQ last night. Pork belly in Strongbow being the highlight.

I read that as 'porking Strongback being the highlight'. Must get my eyes tested.

And Jeff, if you were ever to meet me, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at how charismatic and multi faceted I really am. Once you get beyond the Next shirt/jumper combo's, there lays a man of great integrity, honesty and natural charm.

Morning all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:45 am

I have no desire to 'get beyond' Tino's Next shirt/jumper combo and find out what lays beneath.

Good morning.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:46 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I have no desire to 'get beyond' Tino's Next shirt/jumper combo and find out what lays beneath.

Good morning.

Your loss, Jules. Morning by the way.

Lose at tennis this weekend?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:50 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I have no desire to 'get beyond' Tino's Next shirt/jumper combo and find out what lays beneath.

Good morning.

Your loss, Jules.  Morning by the way.

Lose at tennis this weekend?

No moreso than I lose at life Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:02 am

Terrible day for implementing a new core system at work. I haven't a clue nor do I have the capacity to afford it any effort. Today is a write off.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:09 am

sean wrote:core system at wor

You work at Apple?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:10 am

To be fair Sean asking you to do anything productive on a Monday is a pretty stupid idea. I would blame the person foolish enough to even ask.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:10 am

seanmichaels wrote:Terrible day for implementing a new core system at work. I haven't a clue nor do I have the capacity to afford it any effort. Today is a write off.

Might as well start drinking from the stash you have hidden in your bottom drawer.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:10 am

rick_dagless wrote:
sean wrote:core system at wor

You work at Apple?

you pipped me to it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum