The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:12 am

Jules wrote:you pipped me to it.

Nice riposte though Jules.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:15 am

Rowley wrote:To be fair Sean asking you to do anything productive on a Monday is a pretty stupid idea. I would blame the person foolish enough to even ask.

I usually have a 6pm curfew on Sunday's as I am in the red zone sunday night / monday morning. I often get teary for no apparent reason. Had friends over though so it was an exception.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:24 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:To be fair Sean asking you to do anything productive on a Monday is a pretty stupid idea. I would blame the person foolish enough to even ask.

I usually have a 6pm curfew on Sunday's as I am in the red zone sunday night / monday morning. I often get teary for no apparent reason.

Soppy boll*cks.

I watched We're the Millers at the weekend. I think it was part of some sort of unspoken deal with Mrs Windows as I have been watching loads of sport recently.

It was shockingly rubbish but did include the phrase c*ckmarbles which was the only part I remember. Well, that and Ms Aniston gyrating in her underwear. She's still got it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:31 am

I watched a lot of films this weekend. Watched the Raid 2, which was not as good as the first. The violence was still spectacularly well done, but for some reason the director seemed to think the film needed a plot.

Watched kick ass 2 and robocop, both of which were appalling. Also watched Escape Plan with Stallone and Arnie, which was surprisingly nowhere near as bad as you would expect.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:34 am

Rowley wrote:I watched a lot of films this weekend. Watched the Raid 2, which was not as good as the first. The violence was still spectacularly well done, but for some reason the director seemed to think the film needed a plot.

Watched kick ass 2 and robocop, both of which were appalling. Also watched Escape Plan with Stallone and Arnie, which was surprisingly nowhere near as bad as you would expect.

Did you listen to jazz?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:35 am

Yes I did Tina. Not too frequently, but did listen to some John Coltrane when TSMR was at the gym Saturday.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:37 am

Rowley wrote:TSMR was at the gym Saturday.

She's still spinning that line then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:39 am

Didn't believe in love at first sight but it happened to me on Friday. Purchased some new glasses and the assistant optometrist was just beautiful. Not spectacularly fit but just my type. Still got a warm feeling in my belly.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:42 am

seanmichaels wrote:Didn't believe in love at first sight but it happened to me on Friday. Purchased some new glasses and the assistant optometrist was just beautiful. Not spectacularly fit but just my type. Still got a warm feeling in my belly.

When are you going to ask her out?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:46 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Didn't believe in love at first sight but it happened to me on Friday. Purchased some new glasses and the assistant optometrist was just beautiful. Not spectacularly fit but just my type. Still got a warm feeling in my belly.

When are you going to ask her out?

I don't know Jules. I'm a little unprepared for this type of disturbance in my daily routine. She also may have just been incredibly nice because she's good at her job.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:52 am

Don't try and second guess yourself sean. It's love at first sight. The chance of a lifetime. Are you going to let it slip through your fingers? Let's face it, you're don't drink because you're happy.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:57 am

JuliusHMarx wrote: Let's face it, you're don't drink because you're happy.

True, but if she says no surely that will push him further into the arms of John Barleycorn.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 12:02 pm

Rowley wrote:

True, but if she says no surely that will push him further into the arms of John Barleycorn.

More than a lifetime spent regretting a missed opportunity? I like to think that even if she says no, sean will take heart from having had the courage to ask her out, realise that maybe there is more to life, out there waiting for him, stop hitting the sauce and start reaching for the stars.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 12:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:

More than a lifetime spent regretting a missed opportunity? I like to think that even if she says no, sean will take heart from having had the courage to ask her out, realise that maybe there is more to life, out there waiting for him, stop hitting the sauce and start reaching for the stars.

He cries for no reason, he wears a coat that even you'd consider old fashioned, and he lets his girlfriend dress him. He is well beyond help, as noble as is it that you're trying to save his soul.

He has issues. Probably resulting from having spent a lifetime suppressing painful school time memories.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 12:40 pm

Smile 

Bog off Windows

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2014, 12:42 pm

Rowley wrote:I watched a lot of films this weekend. Watched the Raid 2, which was not as good as the first. The violence was still spectacularly well done, but for some reason the director seemed to think the film needed a plot.

Loved the fight at the end with the guy in the kitchen...agree re the need for plot though. Who cares? Get the chop socky action going. Anyone see the director's first film, Merantau?

Am just watching "Swelter" (probably as punishment for past sins...it's got Jean Claude Van Damme in and he's just not trying these days) Still it's got Lennie James in and I do like him so I'll persevere with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 12:44 pm

A Jean Claude Van Damme movie?

And they say we don't know anything about culture.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 30 Jun 2014, 1:01 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Don't try and second guess yourself sean. It's love at first sight. The chance of a lifetime. Are you going to let it slip through your fingers? Let's face it, you're don't drink because you're happy.

Standards are bloody slipping on here.

I'm not Bobby Womack but could be and Womack (although I can't remember if and Womack is already dead or not).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2014, 1:04 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:A Jean Claude Van Damme movie?

And they say we don't know anything about culture.
Recognising that Jean Claude Van Damme is rubbish doesn't make you cultured any more than knowing it's wrong to sh!t on the dinner table

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 1:10 pm

DAVE667 wrote:knowing it's wrong to sh!t on the dinner table

Since when?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 1:24 pm

I like Van Damme movies. He's probably only behind Seagal and Mel Gibson in terms of action movies.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 1:48 pm

Do enjoy a Van Damme movie myself, they are not exactly Citizen Kane, but quality no brain action...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

Erika Eleniak in Under Siege or Jamie Lee Curtis in Coming to America?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:20 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Erika Eleniak in Under Siege or Jamie Lee Curtis in Coming to America?

Do you mean Trading Places?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:37 pm

Erika Eleniak, no brainer for me...

Quality as Summer in Baywatch.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:41 pm

I'd have gone Curtis rick, must be an age thing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:42 pm

Quite possibly Jeff, though I would not be bothered either way if truth be told.

Baywatch got me through my formative years, even Pamela before she went overboard on the ridiculous surgery.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:43 pm

Rowley wrote:I'd have gone Curtis rick, must be an age thing.

Curtis, every day. Brains and beauty.

Eleniak looks like every other buxom blonde actress.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:46 pm

Think that proves it is an age thing then...

Though curtis was a hooker in that movie, and Erika was a stripper in Under Siege, so brains wise, probably on a par.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:46 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Curtis, every day.  Brains and beauty.

She's also better in "TRUE LIES"

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

Also, though I am willing to bow to seans self procalimed super power, I expect that Miss Curtis will look like she has Marouanne Fellani in a leg lock, ans Mis Eleniak would be a bit more trimmed.

Seen Skid Row are in Wakefield DAVE? (on an entirely different note)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

Jamie Lee Curtis every day of the week (well maybe just at the weekends and on special occasions because I'm not a machine).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

Curtis, every day.  Brains and beauty.

Not with the short back and sides in Under Siege. And yes, I meant Trading Places.

We were playing this game in the changing room whilst it peed down outside on Saturday. Ended when somebody offered up Jimmy Savile or Jonathan King.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:50 pm

superflyweight wrote:Jamie Lee Curtis every day of the week (well maybe just at the weekends and on special occasions because I'm not a machine).  

Been meaning to ask, Super, is your missus still playing away or have you nipped it in the bud?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:52 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Also, though I am willing to bow to seans self procalimed super power, I expect that Miss Curtis will look like she has Marouanne Fellani in a leg lock, ans Mis Eleniak would be a bit more trimmed.

EE would have a box like Shearer's forehead. JLC's would be a finely manicured tringle - about grade 2 I suspect.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:54 pm

superflyweight wrote:Jamie Lee Curtis every day of the week (well maybe just at the weekends and on special occasions because I'm not a machine).  

Been meaning to ask, Super, is your missus still playing away or have you nipped it in the bud?

Is she having an affair with TSMR, because Tina has got me wondering with his gym comment earlier.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:55 pm

Rowley wrote:

Is she having an affair with TSMR, because Tina has got me wondering with his gym comment earlier.

If she is, can you and super sort out some kind of webcam show?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:57 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Also, though I am willing to bow to seans self procalimed super power, I expect that Miss Curtis will look like she has Marouanne Fellani in a leg lock, ans Mis Eleniak would be a bit more trimmed.

So Skid Row are on Skid Row eh? (Please note how "Skid Row" is in a mixture of upper and lower case letters as, and I won't f*cking tell you again, they are not proper METAL.

Eleniak would only be trimmed and perhaps waxed as people would be bemused by the blond head hair and jet black "vagine" hair (although one look at her eyebrows...or should that be monobrow, should convince you she's not a natural blonde).

JLC dancing in the room in True Lies...fabulous. She's looking her age now, mind you so are we all, except me, apparently I love Eddie Hearn so as part of his cult following, and after spending over £100k, I've been granted immortality

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Jun 2014, 2:59 pm

Rowley wrote:

It's only from experience, Jeff. I don't actually remember having sex with Mrs Windows but then about year ago she tells me she's pregnant again.

But I'm with Seany, if it is TSMR and 'fly's wife together, I will pay decent money if you're prepared to do a live stream.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 3:02 pm

[quote="DAVE667"]
rick_dagless wrote:She's looking her age now, mind you so are we all, except me, apparently I love Eddie Hearn so as part of his cult following, and after spending over £100k, I've been granted immortality

Which bring me to Metallica. Hetfield and Ulrich are right slapheads these days. I do love the way Ullrich is going bald disgracefully though. A pony tail / Jew cap combo is very rock and roll.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 30 Jun 2014, 3:08 pm

DAVE667 wrote:So Skid Row are on Skid Row eh? (Please note how "Skid Row" is in a mixture of upper and lower case letters as, and I won't f*cking tell you again, they are not proper METAL

I used approproate sentence case DAVE (as yes I did appreciate the irony of Skid Row in Wakefield)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 3:12 pm

The cousin of my best mate is in SAXON. It does not get more METAL than that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 3:16 pm

Rowley wrote:The cousin of my best mate is in SAXON. It does not get more METAL than that.

Ermmmm, Bon Jovi , Alice Cooper, Aerosmith? Roxette?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2014, 3:25 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:She's looking her age now, mind you so are we all, except me, apparently I love Eddie Hearn so as part of his cult following, and after spending over £100k, I've been granted immortality

Which bring me to Metallica. Hetfield and Ulrich are right slapheads these days. I do love the way Ullrich is going bald disgracefully though. A pony tail / Jew cap combo is very rock and roll.
Dallas Toler Wade from NILE (note the capitals, boys) used to have the "skullet"...bald on top, long at the back. Finally decided to shave it all off and some drongo asked me if they'd got a new guitarist.

People moaning about Metallica playing Glastonbury....what? Corporate wh*res and sell-out b!tches? Sounds like a marriage made in Heaven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2014, 3:28 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:The cousin of my best mate is in SAXON. It does not get more METAL than that.

Ermmmm, Bon Jovi , Alice Cooper, Aerosmith? Roxette?
Way back when sleeping with my mates wife-to-be (it's complicated and I'm not prepared to go over it again) she said that she was related to Francis Rossi from Status Quo...

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 30 Jun 2014, 3:29 pm

My great-grandad was a blacksmith. It does not get more metal than that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 3:31 pm

The whining over METALLICA playing Glastonbury was vaguely ridiculous, if they just booked Coldplay and Radiohead every year they would get accused of being predictable and playing safe, book METALLICA and get slagged off anyway. Fuss about nothing, the place is f*cking huge, just go and watch one of the other 3000 people who would have been playing at the same time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 30 Jun 2014, 3:44 pm

Last festival I went to was V in 2007. Passed out on a hill watching Babyshambles. The bird I was seeing at the time (a Jock) ended up with some hippy hanging out the back of her. And to top it off my f-ing tent collapsed during the night leaving me arse deep in rainwater. Never again

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 30 Jun 2014, 6:20 pm

Rowley wrote:

It's only from experience, Jeff.  I don't actually remember having sex with Mrs Windows but then about year ago she tells me she's pregnant again.

But I'm with Seany, if it is TSMR and 'fly's wife together, I will pay decent money if you're prepared to do a live stream.

No idea, but she does appear to have been working long hours recently so probably hasn't had the time to see anyone else. Am fairly sure she's telling the truth about being at work because she's been quite stressed and it's usually only me that annoys her that much and she doesn't have the demeanor of a woman that's being lent a portion by some top sh@gger.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 30 Jun 2014, 7:35 pm

Rubbish on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next