The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
ShahenshahG
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
Union Cane
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
superflyweight
kingraf
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
14 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 12 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

May be an age thing, but is Sean seriously saying he talks to people with his testicles out to see how long they take to notice? And that doing so is a laugh?

Never thought I would say this, but bring back National Service if so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 12 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:31 am

He was hopeless wasn't he.

Not taking anything away from the Gerries but I reckon Grimsby could have beaten that Brazil team last night.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 12 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:36 am

Union Cane wrote:

Not taking anything away from the Gerries but I reckon Grimsby could have beaten that Brazil team last night.

What's the expectations for the Grimbarians this season then, Union?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:38 am

I would expect another good season, tailing off towards the end, culminating in being eliminated from the play offs.

That's how it usually pans out.

How the mighty have fallen.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:44 am

Union Cane wrote:

How the mighty have fallen.

Yeah, because we all remember the glory days for Grimsby.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:46 am

Looking pretty tumultuous at Villa at the moment Jeff

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 am

rick_dagless wrote:Looking pretty tumultuous at Villa at the moment Jeff

Not with the mad Irishman there to help out. He is so mental he actually makes Strongy look like a rational human being.

Up the Villians!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:52 am

I see Strongy is deteriorating into a ranting mess more and more these days...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:55 am

Pretty much Rick. Might just go and watch Rotherham instead. Is nearer, I can have a drink, it is cheaper and I don't actually give a s*it if they lose. Am not seeing too many downsides to the plan.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:58 am

Rowley wrote:Yeah, because we all remember the glory days for Grimsby.

Check out the record attendance at Old Trafford.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:58 am

Rowley wrote:Pretty much Rick. Might just go and watch Rotherham instead. Is nearer, I can have a drink, it is cheaper and I don't actually give a s*it if they lose. Am not seeing too many downsides to the plan.

You should support the Union boys as well. They have a decent team up there.

Who do you support, Ricko? You must be a red or a blue from Northwich? Or is it just the Vic's?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:08 am

Tino wrote:Who do you support, Ricko? You must be a red or a blue from Northwich? Or is it just the Vic's?

My Grandad was a big Newcastle fan, hailing from thataway, so as my Dad was not a big football fan, started supporting Newcastle when i was 5 and never looked back (regretted many, many times)

Used to go to the Drill Field to watch Vics loads when I was younger, but they went into admin that many times, they are now playing Red Lion D in Flapjack div1 so can not watch them.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:09 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Who do you support, Ricko? You must be a red or a blue from Northwich? Or is it just the Vic's?

My Grandad was a big Newcastle fan, hailing from thataway, so as my Dad was not a big football fan, started supporting Newcastle when i was 5 and never looked back (regretted many, many times)

Used to go to the Drill Field to watch Vics loads when I was younger, but they went into admin that many times, they are now playing Red Lion D in Flapjack div1 so can not watch them.

I haven't been there for a long time but didn't they turn the old stadium into a Tesco or something?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:11 am

Tino wrote:I haven't been there for a long time but didn't they turn the old stadium into a Tesco or something?

Witton Albion became a Sainsburys, The Drill field is now flats full of smackheads and Jeremy Kyle rejects.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:I haven't been there for a long time but didn't they turn the old stadium into a Tesco or something?

Witton Albion became a Sainsburys, The Drill field is now flats full of smackheads and Jeremy Kyle rejects.

Must be that I am thinking of. Strange fans from Witton Albion. Looked like Wildlings from GoT.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:19 am

Tino wrote:Must be that I am thinking of. Strange fans from Witton Albion. Looked like Wildlings from GoT

Northwich in general mate, you know it is not great when you move Bradford way and it is an upgrade...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:20 am

Morning lads. Sorry I'm a little late. Accompanied a mate to get his tattoo "improved", where there was "forever youg", there's now "forever" and a hypnotic assortment of squiggles all over his chest. I'm told its a Polynesian tribal.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:20 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Must be that I am thinking of. Strange fans from Witton Albion. Looked like Wildlings from GoT

Northwich in general mate, you know it is not great when you move Bradford way and it is an upgrade...

I bet Bradford doesn't have/used to have a Flotel though.....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:42 am

kingraf wrote:Morning lads. Sorry I'm a little late. Accompanied a mate to get his tattoo "improved", where there was "forever youg", there's now "forever" and a hypnotic assortment of squiggles all over his chest. I'm told its a Polynesian tribal.

Why did he have forever youg tattooed on his chest?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:50 am

Perhaps he was a fan of hot dry Mediterranean winds.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:53 am

Rowley wrote:
kingraf wrote:Morning lads. Sorry I'm a little late. Accompanied a mate to get his tattoo "improved", where there was "forever youg", there's now "forever" and a hypnotic assortment of squiggles all over his chest. I'm told its a Polynesian tribal.

Why did he have forever youg tattooed on his chest?

It was supposed to say "Forever Young", in memory of his deceased brother, I suppose... but the Afrikaans lesbian who did the tattoo wasn't very well versed in English.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm

I guess the moral of this story is that if you are going to put an indelible mark on your body in a specific language. DO not go to a tattoo artist that can not speak it.

Though this, surely, has to be common sense?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Tino wrote:I bet Bradford doesn't have/used to have a Flotel though.....

You are not wrong Tino...

It does have the largest man made city centre water feature in Europe though.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:23 pm

Has anyone actually been to Bradford? One of the grimmer city centres the country has to offer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:26 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I guess the moral of this story is that if you are going to put an indelible mark on your body in a specific language. DO not go to a tattoo artist that can not speak it.

Though this, surely, has to be common sense?

common sense is nothing if not uncommon
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Jeff wrote:Has anyone actually been to Bradford? One of the grimmer city centres the country has to offer.

It is not too bad in summer Jeff, big screen showing all the football and various bars and restaurants etc, overlooked by quite a nice Town Hall.

Of course you have to get past the Pikey washing their faithful steeds (and offsping) in said water feature, and the odd JKyle argument between 2 star crossed lovers. And the muggings.

But apart from that...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:34 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Jeff wrote:Has anyone actually been to Bradford? One of the grimmer city centres the country has to offer.

It is not too bad in summer Jeff, big screen showing all the football and various bars and restaurants etc, overlooked by quite a nice Town Hall.

Of course you have to get past the Pikey washing their faithful steeds (and offsping) in said water feature, and the odd JKyle argument between 2 star crossed lovers.  And the muggings.

But apart from that...

Doesn't Dave come from Bradford?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Tino wrote:Doesn't Dave come from Bradford?

Hence the muggings/stabbings/crossbow cannibal etc

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:06 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:I bet Bradford doesn't have/used to have a Flotel though.....

You are not wrong Tino...

It does have the largest man made city centre water feature in Europe though.

A giant toilet?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Jules wrote:A giant toilet?

Depends on your level of social awareness as to how you personally view it. It changes from individual to individual as good art should.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Lamb Kofta for lunch if anyone gives a toss.

It was tasty...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:42 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Lamb Kofta for lunch if anyone gives a toss.

It was tasty...

Glad you posted something, Rick. That Dagless chap is killing this thread with alarming regularity.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:44 pm

I had chocolate chip cookies and a litre of milk for lunch. Feeling good, feeling calcified.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:45 pm

I have a case of the michaels Tino. Though there are not many places to go after you have discussed the Bradford Mirror pool and all the splendour that comes with it.

Spoiler:

I miss sean...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:51 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I have a case of the michaels Tino.  Though there are not many places to go after you have discussed the Bradford Mirror pool and all the splendour that comes with it.

Spoiler:

I miss sean...

That looks delightful.

I had slow roasted swan served alongside champagne truffles with edible gold leaf.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Tino wrote:I had slow roasted swan served alongside champagne truffles with edible gold leaf.

Slumming it with Liz's food stash eh? I believe Swan tastes a bit like Red Kite.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Surely that is Venice?

I had a big slab of chocolate flapjack and an apple.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:56 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:I had slow roasted swan served alongside champagne truffles with edible gold leaf.

Slumming it with Liz's food stash eh?  I believe Swan tastes a bit like Red Kite.

I went to the zoo last Sunday. Got to hold a buzzard wearing one of those gauntlet things (me, not the buzzard). It was great fun.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 pm

I had a cheese salad sandwich. Made it myself but did not really want it. Had little choice though as I had run out of sandwich meat. TSMR took it to work yesterday and ate it. She says it was a mistake but I have my doubts. I suspect it was punishment for me getting so drunk on Sunday.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:10 pm

Rowley wrote:sandwich meat.

Do you mean ham?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Meat paste?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Tino wrote:I went to the zoo last Sunday. Got to hold a buzzard wearing one of those gauntlet things (me, not the buzzard). It was great fun.

Did you take a bite?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:13 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:I went to the zoo last Sunday. Got to hold a buzzard wearing one of those gauntlet things (me, not the buzzard). It was great fun.

Did you take a bite?

No. Very heavy though. Even to someone with wrists as strong as mine.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Do you mean ham?

In this instance it was, but I vary things up. Frequently have beef, chicken or turkey. Have even had lamb in the past but this is something of a rarity.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Tino wrote:No. Very heavy though. Even to someone with wrists as strong as mine.

I seem to remember holding a Parrot when I was young and thinking my arm was dropping off...

Didn't eat that one either...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Do you mean ham?

In this instance it was, but I vary things up. Frequently have beef, chicken or turkey. Have even had lamb in the past but this is something of a rarity.

What about haslet? Corned beef?

There is a whole world of sandwich meat out there for you, Jeffrey.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Corned Beef frequently gets a look in, Haslet I am not a fan of, so it doesn't feature.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:20 pm

What about meat paste?

I used to have meat paste sandwiches as a young lad, no idea what was in it though.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:24 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:No. Very heavy though. Even to someone with wrists as strong as mine.

I seem to remember holding a Parrot when I was young and thinking my arm was dropping off...

Didn't eat that one either...

Is 'holding a parrot' a euphemism? I might hold a parrot later.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:31 pm

http://www.princes.co.uk/our-products/sandwich-pastes/sandwich-pastes/beef-ham-paste

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Jules wrote:Is 'holding a parrot' a euphemism? I might hold a parrot later.

All euphemism's start somewhere Jules, so why not...

Enjoy!

Anyone ever have Toast Toppers when younger?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next