The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
ShahenshahG
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
Union Cane
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
superflyweight
kingraf
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
14 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 13 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

May be an age thing, but is Sean seriously saying he talks to people with his testicles out to see how long they take to notice? And that doing so is a laugh?

Never thought I would say this, but bring back National Service if so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Jul 2014, 2:45 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Jules wrote:Is 'holding a parrot' a euphemism? I might hold a parrot later.

All euphemism's start somewhere Jules, so why not...

Enjoy!

Anyone ever have Toast Toppers when younger?

Don't remember them but I remember those Findus savory pancakes that had nondescript filling in them. Filling that was hotter than the sun no matter how long you microwaved them for.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 09 Jul 2014, 2:52 pm

Toast Toppers were either molten snot, or Carbonised snot.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 09 Jul 2014, 2:57 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Don't remember them but I remember those Findus savory pancakes that had nondescript filling in them.  Filling that was hotter than the sun no matter how long you microwaved them for.

I remember those, there was cheese, minced beef or curry if memory serves.

Interestingly, Grimsby Town used to be sponsored by Findus a very long time ago.

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 09 Jul 2014, 3:55 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Don't remember them but I remember those Findus savory pancakes that had nondescript filling in them.  Filling that was hotter than the sun no matter how long you microwaved them for.

I remember those, there was cheese, minced beef or curry if memory serves.

Interestingly, Grimsby Town used to be sponsored by Findus a very long time ago.

Spoiler:

Fixed for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Jul 2014, 10:11 pm

Can't remember if I did a poo today. May have done one this morning.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 09 Jul 2014, 10:46 pm

Do another one, if you have to strain quite hard you probably did do one this morning.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 7:04 am

Do we have a poo update?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:27 am

rick_dagless wrote:Do we have a poo update?

Work is sh*t. Does that count?

Morning Ricko.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:32 am

It is as Sh1t an update as any Tino.

Morning mate, how's life down south?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:45 am

rick_dagless wrote:It is as Sh1t an update as any Tino.

Morning mate, how's life down south?

Same old, same old. Not many friendly faces and lots of people talking very loudly into their phones saying 'look at me, look at me'.

How is Bradders?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:46 am

Is that a rhetorical question Rick. It is overpriced and surrounded by bell ends, same as always.

Morning all. Could be a good day for a strongy meltdown should anyone still have the energy for such things.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:53 am

Bradders is sunny and vibrant, with a plethora of chav as per usual, but I have a higher tolerance for such things if it is sunny.

Morning Jeff, what delights should we be expecting from Strongy? Or is he so far gone these days that it is a purely random occurance?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:54 am

Someone has posted a matchroom thread. Usually more than enough provocation.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:58 am

Ah yes, so I see, 'tis brewing up nicely over there.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:16 am

I hope Julius is alright.

He was playing tennis in the Midlands mixed doubles, over 80's category last night. Perhaps he is just tired today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:50 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I hope Julius is alright.

He was playing tennis in the Midlands mixed doubles, over 80's category last night.  Perhaps he is just tired today.

Thanks for the concern Tino. I am indeed tired. Some of those elderly ladies are real goers.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Some of those elderly ladies are real goers.

I feel a bit violated reading that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:58 am

It had certain overtones for me too Tino, and conjured images I'd quite frankly rather not be subjected to.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:58 am

Love, Balls, etc

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:07 am

morning lads. I see Truss has taken to defending Manny as well as Floyd... Interested to see if his new tactic of umbrella coverage really does lead to more favourable results.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:07 am

Probably anything to avoid the Stongy rant on the Matchroom thread Raf

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:13 am

A Strongy Eddie Hearn rant or a Truss leave Floyd alone thread. Like a choice between the Ebola virus and HIV.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:17 am

I would take both to avoid them.

Looks like we are going to have some fresh Haye/Fury/Chisora stuff as well godammit

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:19 am

Strangely I still have no desire to return to the boxing section.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:19 am

I haven't commented on a thread Strongy went off in... but I always find them quite amusing. I imagine he feels like Galileo at the inquisition. I'm expecting a "History will absolve me" type, YouTube clip link anytime now.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:22 am

Union wrote:Strangely I still have no desire to return to the boxing section.

Me neither Union, I go accross every so often, get irritated by the repetition, and retreat to the culture cup.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:43 am

I once set my alarm to listen to the Hagler/Hearns fight on my transistor radio in the middle of the night. I can still remember it. Not sure if it was on the BBC or whether it was US Armed Forces radio. I remember the commentator saying that Halger was badly cut and he would need to finish it quickly or risk being stopped. So he finished it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:48 pm

You should pop that on the boxing board Jules, then sit back and enjoy...

Scampi and Chips for those that follow these things...

Was acceptable.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:50 pm

rick_dagless wrote:get irritated by the repetition.

You do read Michaels posts, don't you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:53 pm

Tino wrote:You do read Michaels posts, don't you?

The day the clunge count hits the heights of ducker/cherrypicker/hypejob counts then I will concur.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:54 pm

TIMC is slacking, I had a crusts sandwich.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:55 pm

Union Cane wrote:TIMC is slacking, I had a crusts sandwich.

Crusts are the best bit of a loaf.

Just needs loads of butter to soften it up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:56 pm

Are you sure you are not in the bad books for some yet undiscernible reason Union?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:57 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Are you sure you are not in the bad books for some yet undiscernible reason Union?

The bad books of an imaginary wife. Must be some read.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:58 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Are you sure you are not in the bad books for some yet undiscernible reason Union?

I could well be mate. I did flush the toilet after I'd had a wee after watching the penalty shootout last night after she'd gone to bed. Perhaps it was that.

Last edited by Union Cane on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : What a terribly constructed sentence that was. Disgraceful.))
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

The bad books of an imaginary wife.  Must be some read.

She is really real, she really is.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:06 pm

Hmm, sounds like you could be in for some silent treatment, if you time this correctly, you can get to watch the final in peace...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:16 pm

Perhaps I should leave a log in the pan, then I could watch the boxing on Saturday in peace too.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:17 pm

good thinking batman... (think Lara could sneak that one)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:21 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

The bad books of an imaginary wife.  Must be some read.

She is really real, she really is.

The lady doth protest too much.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:13 pm

Don't know about you guys, but my "Too sunny to work" standpoint is not going down with people as well as I had hoped here...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:14 pm

Cricketer hits a birdie!

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm

Union Cane wrote:Cricketer hits a birdie!

Spoiler:

Do you think it could be the same gull that appeared here?

Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:17 pm

Unlikely.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm

Union Cane wrote:Unlikely.

Technically, there is no such thing as a seagull. There are lots of different types of gulls (herring, black backed etc etc) but no seagull, as such.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:21 pm

Amazing.

Here he is on the golf course...

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:23 pm

Union Cane wrote:Amazing.

Here he is on the golf course...

Spoiler:

Is that you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm

I'm not that good.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:26 pm

Union Cane wrote:I'm not that good.

I bet you dress in a similar fashion though?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 10 Jul 2014, 2:28 pm

I do indeed, and I have very similar legs. Bit bigger round the middle though.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next