The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
ShahenshahG
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
Union Cane
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
superflyweight
kingraf
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
14 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue 1 Jul 2014 - 10:26

First topic message reminder :

May be an age thing, but is Sean seriously saying he talks to people with his testicles out to see how long they take to notice? And that doing so is a laugh?

Never thought I would say this, but bring back National Service if so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:37

kingraf wrote:Being camp is a state of mind, not a condition.

F*ck off, Raf. We are talking bacon, egg and clogged arteries round here.

I think the 'What is your favourite fruit salad thread' can be found on www.verycampSouthAfricans.com

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:37

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Millipedes anyone?

Here.

What do you want to know?

Are they better toasted or grilled?

I'm not angry, Jules. Just really disappointed.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:40

Rowley wrote:I may have to quit the culture cup. Cooking and action netball. This is not what I signed up for.

Never thought I'd see the day Jeff. No-one even noticed my 'toast an egg' gag - they were so wrapped up in the seriousness of the culinary exchanges.
Hard to believe it's come to this.

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:41; edited 1 time in total

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:41

Hey! I eat artery-incinerators as well!! Just last week I had rump steak, cheddamelt sauce, eggs and chips for breakfast.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:42

Apologies Rowley, but since Sean left, there is now a vacuum where his alcoholism, and noble, but donned pursuit of Rachel was.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:43

The "Hey!" not really helping your cause there, KR.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 3559488474 
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:47

Yeah, it looks bad in hindsight... just as well though. I don't really eat steak for brekkie.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:51

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:I may have to quit the culture cup. Cooking and action netball. This is not what I signed up for.

Never thought I'd see the day Jeff. No-one even noticed my 'toast an egg' gag - they were so wrapped up in the seriousness of the culinary exchanges.
Hard to believe it's come to this.

It is quite a fall from our heyday when we had emo poetry and brilliant but underappreciated puns based on sixities guitar legends.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:54

This is about as vibrant as this place has been for weeks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:59

Did you have a good weekend Tina?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:00

Rowley wrote:Did you have a good weekend Tina?

It was lovely thanks, Jeff.

How was yours?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:00

Very true, Tina. Anyway, I'm off. Going to make some pasta with grilled salmon, mushrooms, and black pepper for myself and the vagabond who's taken squatters rights at my apartment... otherwise known as my girlfriend.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:05

How was yours?

It was alright, cinema Saturday, made a Sunday dinner yesterday, but don't want to get bogged down with that, far too much cooking talk on here today.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:06

Rowley wrote:

How was yours?

It was alright, cinema Saturday, made a Sunday dinner yesterday, but don't want to get bogged down with that, far too much cooking talk on here today.

I bet you had roast beef? Am I right?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:13

Damn right Tina. From Aldi as well, their meat is absolutely fantastic.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:15

I'm going to assume you made real gravy as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:18

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm going to assume you made real gravy as well.

I know what you are doing Tina. I won't be dragged into any further food talk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 16:38

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 19:09

You'd be right to, Jeff.  For all Tino's trickery and slyness there's precious little "culture" to be enjoyed on here.  If it wasn't for michaels this thread would be the internet equivalent of the Graham Norton show meets FHM.

You should chuck it in and join me on 606v3.  We've had an influx of 18-year-old Ukrainian girls all desperate to try roasting.  As I've only got one John Thomas I'm looking for something to plug the other end.  We can talk about Villa and alternative 80s music while we do them.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 19:36

I may have to join you Galted. Will be honest when you first mentioned v3 I had my doubts it actually existed, it all sounded too good to be true. However find it hard to believe you would still be going on about it were it not real, that would just be tragic.

Really disappointed in this place today. I was having a genuine crisis of confidence. How was this met, by Tina making a rather transparent attempt to make me talk about cooking. In the glory days you would have expressed my pain through the medium of bad EMO poetry. You cared.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 19:42

My dinner attempt was adequate. I'm bitterly disappointed with myself.

606V3 continues to sound more like the local strip club, although I suppose their Ukrainian imports are only "probably eighteen"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 21:02

You should have done the egg pizza Raf.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 21:08

I should have, Cane, but it looked quite taxing, and I just had eggs this afternoon. I'm always trying to mix it up.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 21:43

So what's for breakfast?

I can't believe it rained last night.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 23:00

Lunch today.

Missus clearly wanted the burger for 20 euros and we came to a deal where I'd order the tomato and mozzarella salad and we'd share. It wasn't a fair share but my salad was in the top 10 things I've tasted and the chips were all time number 2.

What made my day however was the plethora of 18/22 year old French women with their white pointers out. Phenomenal. One even moved her mattress with Her arris hanging less than 10cms from my forehead. I was asleep at the time so blissfully unaware.

Had a messy poo today which was a let down

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Jul 2014 - 23:35

Galted wrote:You should chuck it in and join me on 606v3.  We've had an influx of 18-year-old Ukrainian girls all desperate to try roasting.

Jeez, even on v3 all they want to do is cooking.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:22

Fist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:48

F*ck off then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:50

Morning Tino, I shall ignore the casual abuse as it is sunny here today.

How are you this fine day?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:52

Morning Daggo. I was about to quit v2 in a fit of pique but you've brought me back from the brink.

I am rather splendid thanks. And you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:54

Not too bad cheers, the sun is shining, the thread split is imminent, life is good!

We have even had a michaels number 2 update, things are looking good for the culture cup, don't jump ship yet.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:56

Morning culture-brethren.

Happy birthday to me.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:57

rick_dagless wrote: 
don't jump ship yet.

There's nowhere to go anyway. I tried 606v3 but that just appears to be Galted pretending to be a women and unsuccessfully trying to groom Jeff.

There really are no other posters on it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:58

JuliusHMarx wrote:Morning culture-brethren.

Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday Jules!

As it is a special day for you, I promise not to make any derogatory remarks about your age.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 8:59

Thank you Tino. Did you read this and think of me?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-28299440

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:00

All the best Jules! Telegram from the queen?

Are you bringing the culture cup back to food again?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:02

JuliusHMarx wrote:Thank you Tino. Did you read this and think of me?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-28299440

I hadn't read that but what a joy.

The only thing I take issue with is

Jay Raynor wrote:I'd be suspicious of anyone getting excited about the former back end of a pig

Has he not met Sean?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:06

Happy birthday Jules... just three days before mine as well. Well, three days on the date section anyway... couple decades on the year section.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:07

kingraf wrote:Happy birthday Jules... just three days before mine as well. Well, three days on the date section anyway... couple decades on the year section.

Only a couple? I wish.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:13

So what do you have planned?

A day at the races?
A night at the Opera?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:14

What did Mrs Jules get you?

What can you get the man who has everything?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:15

A Lava lamp.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:16

Adam D wrote:So what do you have planned?

A day at the races?
A night at the Opera?

A Night in Casablanca.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:17

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What did Mrs Jules get you?

What can you get the man who has everything?

Chocolates and a couple of tennis lessons. I have everything except a good serve.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:17

Adam D wrote:A Lava lamp.

Jules was a young man in the '60's. A lava lamp may just bring back some painful LSD related memories.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:20

Happy birthday Julius, will you be having a cake?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:26

Union Cane wrote:Happy birthday Julius, will you be having a cake?

21?

Stone, maybe.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:27

No cake planned Union, although we do need to eat a cheesecake that's in the fridge.
Were you hoping to make a joke about there not being enough room for all the candles?

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:31

JuliusHMarx wrote:Were you hoping to make a joke about there not being enough room for all the candles?

Not at all, I was merely trying to steer the conversation back to food.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 Jul 2014 - 9:31

Union Cane wrote:Happy birthday Julius, will you be having a cake?

21?  

Stone, maybe.

That's just one leg.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next