The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number of Children living in absolute poverty hits 4 million.......

+4
ONETWOFOREVER
Derbymanc
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Number of Children living in absolute poverty hits 4 million....... - Page 2 Empty Number of Children living in absolute poverty hits 4 million.......

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Official figures from the DWP show that 4 million kids are living in absolute poverty.....It's enough to make your heart drop isn't it !!

Not making any political points here..The last Government was severely lacking when it came to fighting poverty...

Surely in the year 2014 we can be getting our priorities right...

Charity begins at home..................Sort out your own people before you give aid abroad to corrupt Countries that buy arms with it !!

Breaks my heart.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Number of Children living in absolute poverty hits 4 million....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Number of Children living in absolute poverty hits 4 million.......

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:17 am

Nobody does Truss, it's just only you choose to lambast others for theirs.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Number of Children living in absolute poverty hits 4 million....... - Page 2 Empty Re: Number of Children living in absolute poverty hits 4 million.......

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:22 am

I live in a much rougher area now than I did growing up, some sod has even dumped on old mattress on the driveway for added effect Sad

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 am

My family are Kennedy democrats and I'm a chip off the old bloc....

Your Parents are left wing and you P**S on the weakest in Society every day on here..With your right wing crap..

I'll be insincere Mate...If you are the alternative..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 am

Who are you talking to, Captain Spoilt Brat??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:28 am

Toppy can you explain left wing to me mate, I don't understand Right wing, Left wing etc. I tend to go off what I think is common sense and what I've lived through.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:30 am

Basically left wing makes you right and right wing makes you wrong.

That help?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:37 am

laughing 

I just don't see how he can't look back at this and not see he's sounding like a spoilt brat and like one of them idiots that stand around telling people what's good for them, then running back home to their gated communitys.

I live in the poopie-hole thank you very much I can tell you exactly what it's like. I can show you some of the problems this community faces and unlike a lot of people that complain about the situation I went around and managed to make it a bit better.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:41 am

I guess you don't see a lot of things..

Like food banks and kids in poverty..

Why do you want to know where I live ?? Material stuff all that matters..

Last house but one was Harefield drive, Didsbury and It certainly wasn't posh..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:49 am

My stepson has to use food banks all the time, although he lives down south (this has been mentioned before)
See more kids in poverty round here than you do.
Didsbury is certainly posher than Cheetham Hill, Crumpsall, Ripp Road Moorside, Derker, Clarkesfield or Blackley, In fact I think it's got the some of the highest house prices and wages.

BTW my point is what I made above, it is all material stuff but you don't have any more right than Toppy does to preach about people not having things when your not around it yourself.

Oh and you never did say who your Right Wing comment was aimed at????

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:55 am

I have the right to draw attention to it..Which I was doing until the cheap politicking started...

Which I knew would happen..

Due to the right wing bias on here...

Article was meant to be...non political as it states in the O.P

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:02 am

Yeah but Trussy you started calling people out,

Your the one that tried to state I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Of course people's politics are going to play a part in their thinking, if you don't agree with them you don't need to try and embarass someone or dismiss their points because you don't THINK they live up to your ideals.

Discuss it and talk, someone mentioned food banks are a fallacy and the stats are wrong. I can tell you now that they're not and while there might be a few people that abuse the system, there are a lot that don't and would be screwed without them.

I've said it before and I said it above, I don't really have a great grasp on right wing, left wing, liberal etc. My views are based on what I see every day and what experiences I have throughout my life.

I also want to make it clear that I have no issues with you or your views either and I'd rather talk it out than end up having little digs all the time. It adds nothing to anything.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:03 am

Fairly sure it was aimed at my, Derby, as he knows I'm fairly Tory alligned and can be a somewhat unforgiving free-market capitalist.

Basically Truss just likes to put on a show, it's all hot air so nothing to get upset about. Just laugh along and enjoy the ride... Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:05 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I have the right to draw attention to it..Which I was doing until the cheap politicking started...

Which I knew would happen..

Due to the right wing bias on here...

Article was meant to be...non political as it states in the O.P

Not sure what's more laughable about this post, the 'cheap politicking' comment coming from its worst exponent or the 'right wing bias' comment when anyone who's been on v2 for a while knows the forum and its administration has always been heavily left leaning.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:06 am

Written a new article you should both enjoy...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:09 am

Not really, as I still think polls are pretty pointless and irrelevant, especially a) so far from the GE; and b) in a FPTP system.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 am

Just for info Truss I'm rapidly going off the Tories too at the moment and think we've got noone to take this country forward.

You've got both parties so entrenched in certain areas that they don't feel the need to even knock on the door and tell you what they're going to do and they konw that no matter what they do there's still people that will vote for them based on what there family's always voted for. Numptys...

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:22 am

With P-R no one would ever get a majority...Grid lock...

Why I voted against changing the system...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:25 am

The system needed a tweak but my major issues is the parties feeling so entrenched they don't even need to make a case for you to vote for them, it's why certain areas start to stagnate as well, since the party knows it's getting the votes why waste the money sorting x, y and z out we'll spend it elsewhere and convince them to vote for others.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 am

Think Blair changed everything...

Ideals gone...All about putting your flag on the center ground..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:41 am

Very true mate.

I'd love to say I see stuff changing soon but I can't see it. Most politicians are in it just for themselves these days with no thought to the actual constituents, in fact I'd be surprised if most politicians and/or councillors have any idea of the proper problems in their areas.

(Hence why things like food banks are seen as gimicks and why they can say 'nah wages are fine, we can all afford what we want'.)

This video is brilliant and highlights part of the problem perfectly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QG3IP8MtOg

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2