The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dave Meltzer's Money in the Bank match ratings.

Go down

Dave Meltzer's Money in the Bank match ratings. Empty Dave Meltzer's Money in the Bank match ratings.

Post by BD21 on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm

It's that time of month again.

What do you agree with? What do you disagree with and what rating would you give?

The Uso's def. The Wyatt Family - 3.75 stars.

Paige def. Naomi - 1.5 stars.

Adam Rose def. Damien Sandow - 1 star.

Seth Rollins won the Money in the Bank briefcase Ladder Match - 4.5 stars.

Dustbusters def. RybAxel - 2 stars.

Rusev def. Big E - 3 stars.

Layla def. Summer Rae - DUD

John Cena won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in an 8 man Ladder Match - 4 stars.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Dave Meltzer's Money in the Bank match ratings. Empty Re: Dave Meltzer's Money in the Bank match ratings.

Post by liverbnz on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 3:46 pm

He's being very generous these days. There were some good matches, 2 MITB and the opener but none were 4 stars in my opinion. He must be mellowing in his old age.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Dave Meltzer's Money in the Bank match ratings. Empty Re: Dave Meltzer's Money in the Bank match ratings.

Post by Samo on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:48 pm

Or you're getting more cynical?

I would maybe knock .25 off each match, but other than that I find it hard to disagree.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:33 am

I would have had Uso's v Wyatt's as 4 stars and then knocked .25 off the second MITB but I think he's spot on...I wouldn't call it generous when he's given ratings of 2, 1.5 and 1...on point if you ask me.

Overall the PPV was a bit flat and considering my girlfriend came up with a cooler storyline than what happened just shows WWE need to up their game!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:33 am

I'm with Liver, his standards have dropped

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:51 am

xviperx wrote:I would have had Uso's v Wyatt's as 4 stars and then knocked .25 off the second MITB but I think he's spot on...I wouldn't call it generous when he's given ratings of 2, 1.5 and 1...on point if you ask me.

Overall the PPV was a bit flat and considering my girlfriend came up with a cooler storyline than what happened just shows WWE need to up their game!

Girlfriend... lol

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 11:24 am

Not really sure how to reply to that...lol?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 6:50 pm

Not cynical at all Samo. Meltzer used to be a lot tougher than that. You just need to look at the limited matches that have got 5* in the past. Even his list of 4.5* was small until a few years ago. He gave Cena/Punk 5* in 2011? and since then has been very lenient. Great match but pretty sloppy in parts. He wouldn't have given that in 2001.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 10:27 pm

Contract money in bank match was correct. Too generous for the title ladder match.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum