The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hauser On Haymon

+4
catchweight
wheelchair1991
Derbymanc
hazharrison
8 posters

Go down

Hauser On Haymon Empty Hauser On Haymon

Post by hazharrison Mon 07 Jul 2014, 1:37 pm

Hauser's latest here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/what-al-haymon-planning--79627

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Hauser On Haymon Empty Re: Hauser On Haymon

Post by hazharrison Mon 07 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

Interesting to discover that Lamon Brewster was more or less blind in one eye when he took on Klitschko in their rematch.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jul 2014, 2:19 pm

When you say "interesting", surely to mean "worrying"...how did he pass a medical and be passed fit to fight? It's pretty disgusting if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 07 Jul 2014, 2:22 pm

Cheers for that Haz, a good article that makes our promotors look like angels in comparison

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 07 Jul 2014, 4:47 pm

it does indeed

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:05 pm

Hearn recently said he would like to make inrodes into the U.S market but I don't think he would stand a chance against the likes of Schaeffer and Haymon.

There have been loads of rumours about a potential new promotional entity run by Hamon and Schaeffer which would dominate boxing given Arums age and de la Hoyas troubled organisation. The reason Arum and de la Hoya have been getting cosier seems to be joining forces against a bigger threat. I think de la Hoya realised too late that he was having the rug pulled out from under him at Golden Boy.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:45 pm

Oscar was having problems putting one foot in front of the other a lot of the time if his reported spells in rehab are anything to go by.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:49 pm

Think Oscar is realising just what a brutal business boxing is and almost certainly always will be. In the initial stages of his company he was no doubt very useful. Was still active as a fighter and am sure having the biggest PPV star in the world on the board was pretty useful when negotiating with HBO. Similarly suspect having someone as whiter than white as Oscar in the negotiations with corporate sponsors did not hurt too much. The problem is Oscar is no longer fighting and between the fishnets and the stints in rehab his public image has taken a bit of a beating. Suspect he has just outlived his usefulness around the place. Also suspect Schaefer feels he has learned the game enough to strike out on his own now. Can be a cruel sport like that unfortunately.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:59 pm

Haymon and Schaeffer were effectively running Golden Boy for years anyway. It looks like they were planning to get rid of de la Hoya and had a plan in place if he refused to sell. Now most of Golden Boys fighters seem to be under Haymons influence. They were planning on muscling out de la Hoya and then crushing Arum who is old now and wont have the energy for the fight. Arum will be either dead or too old to run his company soon enough.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 07 Jul 2014, 6:12 pm

But surely bob will have someone inline to replace him at Top Rank

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 07 Jul 2014, 7:53 pm

Am I reading this correctly? Because it seems to me, Haymon is offering reduced manager's fees, while helping fighters bypass the promoters cut, since he is essentially also their promoter? That's a super deal, and as dodgy as the guy is, can't fault him for getting his clients good money for decent digits.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:51 pm

Bringing boxing to NBC has got to be a good thing. I think there is room in the American market for another big promotional player, especially when they are able to bring another tv station to the party. De la Hoya seems like he's not going to roll over and die, as the article suggests, he'll put a capable team in charge of goldenboy.

I dont particularly like scheffer and didn't like that haymon seemed to steal the kovalev v Stevenson fight from us. But I wouldn't be set against another major player in world boxing. I don't think there is anything yet to suggest that fans will be the losers. (Although a refusal of arum and goldenboy to work with them could screw things up pretty badly, but again is that much of a different space to the last number of years).

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down