The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v India First Test Trent Bridge

+24
Corporalhumblebucket
jbeadlesbigrighthand
dyrewolfe
VTR
dummy_half
Pal Joey
Scrumpy
mystiroakey
JDizzle
NickisBHAFC
king_carlos
subhranshu.kumar.5
Mad for Chelsea
alfie
Gerry SA
guildfordbat
liverbnz
Liam
Duty281
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
KP_fan
kingraf
msp83
28 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by msp83 Tue 08 Jul 2014, 5:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

The 5 test series cramped into a 42 day schedule gets underway at Trent Bridge tomorrow. The 2 middling sides have a lot to prove. Hopefully we'll get to have some exciting cricket.

msp83

Posts : 15402
Join date : 2011-05-30
Location : India

Back to top Go down


England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Duty281 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:37 pm

Superb stand while it lasted, and it has near-eradicated any chance of defeat. clap

A free shot at India now. Whilst the draw is an overwhelming favourite to be the end result, a couple of early wickets will ensure the tourists are under the very greatest and heaviest of pressures, thus swinging the balance of the encounter England's way.

Bowl India out for 239 or less and...who knows?

Duty281

Posts : 27043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by mystiroakey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:38 pm

Broad has looked by far the best bowler on this track - so he needs to come straight up and put the pressure on

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 44
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by alfie Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm

End of a truly wonderful partnership. Yes , flat pitch etc etc. - and India's tail wagged too...
But this was played from a deficit of 150 odd , with a pretty new ball at the start , under a lot of pressure at first. Deserves all the accolades.  clap 

Don't expect a dramatic Indian collapse now . But the way this match has gone , I'm done predicting  Smile 

alfie

Posts : 16265
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by mystiroakey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:42 pm

Jimmy straight up- Rubbing it in!

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 44
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Pal Joey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:42 pm

Brilliant recovery from England. Don't you just love the twists and turns in Test cricket?

I wonder if we will see some early breakthrough when India resume.
Is that cloud cover I can see overhead? Any of the locals know whether it's building up?
Nothing like a bit of added atmosphere coming into the equation on Day 4.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52235
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:52 pm

Prior with another drop.

Honestly don't see why we wouldn't have Buttler in, Prior is no better if not worse than what he was in Australia
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 49584
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by hampo17 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm

I expect to see both Buttler and Kerrigan in at some point this series Olly, Kerrigan has been around the squad during this match and Moores is a big supporter of his following his time with Lancs.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by kingraf Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:57 pm

Prior is not a South African. I repeat, PRIOR IS NOT A SOUTH AFRICAN.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16416
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Duty281 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:58 pm

And that's the derailment to England's momentum.

Pity.

Duty281

Posts : 27043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jul 2014, 2:58 pm

kingraf wrote:Prior is not a South African. I repeat, PRIOR IS NOT A SOUTH AFRICAN.
THEN HE ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 49584
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by mystiroakey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 3:00 pm

The Indians love an edge..

WE need to up our slip catching

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 44
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Pal Joey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 3:05 pm

mystiroakey wrote:The Indians love an edge..

WE need to up our slip catching

Or even come forward half a step - or even one whole step.
If it flies over the top then so be it ~ but they need to gobble up those ones which seem to be falling short.
They did the same here in Oz. Made things look awkward in the slips (than they should have been) and missed quite a few chances.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52235
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jul 2014, 3:21 pm

Dhawan is good to watch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 49584
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by kingraf Sat 12 Jul 2014, 3:24 pm

He's like an Indian Warner
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16416
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jul 2014, 3:35 pm

MOEEN!!!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 49584
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by kingraf Sat 12 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm

India 5-1 effectively
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16416
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by kingraf Sat 12 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm

Well 10-1
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16416
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Duty281 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm

Just a thought that the game was drifting away for a moment!

Well done Moeen.

Duty281

Posts : 27043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by mystiroakey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 3:40 pm

Yeo well done Ali,

Get Root on as well

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 44
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:03 pm

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

No slip and an edge goes straight there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 49584
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by mystiroakey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:07 pm

I swear the indians have scored 75% of there runs from edges.(in both innings)

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 44
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by alfie Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:14 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I swear the indians have scored 75% of there runs from edges.(in both innings)

That might be a slight exaggeration , roakey

But certainly a third man might have saved rather a lot of runs in this match. Pitch so slow the edges are mostly going along the ground. Slips almost become defensive fielders  Smile 

It is a wretched strip... I am thankful we had some drama last night and fun this morning. Not expecting any more.

alfie

Posts : 16265
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:27 pm

two horrible captains.......mediocre bowling and flat pitch has made an excellent see-saw battle.

when one team is down the opponent captain helps them revive.

it will be a battle royale in medicority......as stated before in the series.
is this game a dead draw already..or are some twists in the tail-end of the game

KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:29 pm

a big applause for B.Kumar 5-82 clap 

carrying on in the same vein as P.Kumar from the last tour

and those who were wanting ashwin in...remember Jadeja replaced ashiwn as he was more effective than ashin

and now jadeja was the biggest failure....not getting a single wicket in what was deemed a pitch helpful for spinners
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by kingraf Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:37 pm

Mediocre captains? Stop it already. Dhoni's won everything a captain could win in cricket, including a stint at world #1, while Cook is the first English captain to win an Ashes series without losing a test in 36 years. He's also got himself a nice win over India, in India... Again rare company for an Englishman. These guys aren't the second coming of Waugh, but mediocre?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16416
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by alfie Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:39 pm

KP_fan wrote:a big applause for B.Kumar 5-82 clap 

carrying on in the same vein as P.Kumar from the last tour

and those who were wanting ashwin in...remember Jadeja replaced ashiwn as he was more effective than ashin

and now jadeja was the biggest failure....not getting a single wicket in what was deemed a pitch helpful for spinners

Who deemed it helpful for spinners ? The only people this pitch is helpful for are insomniacs

alfie

Posts : 16265
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by kingraf Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:41 pm

And #11s looking to boost their averages
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16416
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:41 pm

alfie wrote:
KP_fan wrote:a big applause for B.Kumar 5-82 clap 

carrying on in the same vein as P.Kumar from the last tour

and those who were wanting ashwin in...remember Jadeja replaced ashiwn as he was more effective than ashin

and now jadeja was the biggest failure....not getting a single wicket in what was deemed a pitch helpful for spinners

Who deemed it helpful for spinners ?   The only people this pitch is helpful for are insomniacs

that makes Bhuvi's 5-82 even more admirable
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:42 pm

kingraf wrote:Mediocre captains? Stop it already. Dhoni's won everything a captain could win in cricket, including a stint at world #1, while Cook is the first  English captain to win an Ashes series without losing a test in 36 years. He's also got himself a nice win over India, in India... Again rare company for an Englishman. These guys aren't the second coming of Waugh,  but mediocre?

actually they are both less than medicores........quite useless test match captains
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by kingraf Sat 12 Jul 2014, 4:52 pm

Quite quirky how the three highest scores by a #11 in test cricket have all come from this ground in the last three years. Quirky mainly because it's not like the knocks came in massive innings'... None of them came in at say 560/9
Best came in at 290/9 odd
Agar 120-odd/9
Anderson 300/9...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16416
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 27
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by mystiroakey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 5:17 pm

alfie wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:I swear the indians have scored 75% of there runs from edges.(in both innings)

That might be a slight exaggeration , roakey

But certainly a third man might have saved rather a lot of runs in this match.  Pitch so slow the edges are mostly going along the ground.  Slips almost become defensive fielders  Smile 

It is a wretched strip... I am thankful we had some drama last night and fun this morning.  Not expecting any more.
yep game over really- been some great entertaining cricket due to two mid order collapses, but its over now.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 44
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 5:35 pm

[quote="mystiroakey"][quote="alfie"]
mystiroakey wrote:
yep game over really- been some great entertaining cricket due to two mid order collapses, but its over now.
twists still possible......India could collapse in next 30 chase and leave Eng 150

OR

Ind could bat 45 more, overs...get to a lead of 270, declare and bowl out Eng in 60 overs
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by mystiroakey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 5:40 pm

well lets see, on form two very good batting sides on a dead pitch.

not sure we are going to see any more collapses- not sure i can see either team getting the other out for less than 300 at the very best.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 44
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 5:43 pm

mystiroakey wrote:well lets see, on form two very good batting sides on a dead pitch.


two equal sides
India's batting is better
Eng's bowling is better
Equally listless captains
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 5:57 pm

atleast India cannot complain about enough practise and acclimitization time in Eng Smile
the batsmen got time in middle and bowlers a lot of overs under the belt

that is a big positive from this test from India

biggest worry in the 11 is not Binny but Jadeja.....bowled a million overs and picked a no wickets
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by mystiroakey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 5:58 pm

Get in.

second wicket up

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 44
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by mystiroakey Sat 12 Jul 2014, 6:00 pm

bang

3rd up!

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 44
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 6:02 pm

and the twist now....the collapse has started......one more wicket and India's tail starts
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 6:03 pm

Ind should have sent a night watchman or someone like Binny to keep Rahane for tomm
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 6:37 pm

Cook tried to be "too cute" with his field placements towrds the end.
and also it wasn't bold or creative to remove ali each time he took a wicket...but rather stupid.

India's day.
why?¨
they have gone 4 days of an overseas test and look like not losing the test.
anything can happen tomm with this India team...they can lose the remaining 7 wkts in the first session and lose the test also

if Ind bat thrrouhg the first session not losing more than 3 wickets and score about 80 runs atleast.....then the game is safe
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Duty281 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 6:59 pm

India's day?! You do make me laugh.

Any knowledgeable cricket fan will clearly see that this was England's day. They have all but eradicated the chance of defeat, a bitter blow to India, despite starting the day with a hundred run deficit and only one wicket remaining.

Our thankfulness must go, first and foremost, to Root and Anderson who drained anyway any leftover Indian momentum, and turned the tide England's way. At the start of the day, India were strong favourites; now their chances of a victorious start are minute.

England's hopes of a victory are slender, but do exist. It would require a magical spell in the morning and for the Indians to be knocked over before mid-afternoon.

Slender as that is, it is still a much greater chance for England than it were eight hours ago.

Duty281

Posts : 27043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by msp83 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 7:20 pm

KP_fan wrote:a big applause for B.Kumar 5-82 clap 

carrying on in the same vein as P.Kumar from the last tour

and those who were wanting ashwin in...remember Jadeja replaced ashiwn as he was more effective than ashin

and now jadeja was the biggest failure....not getting a single wicket in what was deemed a pitch helpful for spinners
Helpful track for spinners? What on earth are you talking about? No turn of any significance, no threatening bounce. Jadeja actually did the job he was supposed to do. A wicket would have been nice, but he went at just about 2 an over. In fact that is the difference between him and Ashwin, Ashwin has not been able to offer the captain that much needed control in the first innings of the game. In a 4 man attack, that is absolutely necessary. Binny isn't a test bowler, so this attack was also a 4 man one, as such, Ashwin can't be played in this combination. It had to be Jadeja, and it is Jadeja, and he did a pretty decent job. Hopefully he can get some runs tomorrow if called up on to do so.
Massive turn around by England. Even on an obnoxious track, this was remarkable from Root and particularly Anderson.
Will England's 'yes sir' skipper come out against such horrible tracks? That is an area where MSD is far far better. He has always maintained that Indian test tracks should turn from day one. He even suggested during an absolutely horrible ODI series against Australia played on national highways that the bowlers should be replaced by bowling machines on such tracks. MS also picked up a much publicized fight with Kolkata's octogenarian curator Prabir Mukherjee for putting together a slow and low track that had no life for the bowlers for the first 3 days.

msp83

Posts : 15402
Join date : 2011-05-30
Location : India

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by msp83 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 7:28 pm

This track can produce a bit of life tomorrow, and India can collapse. They lost 5-50 in the first innings, can happen again. But Shami is there!!.......
And if Virat Kohli get going tomorrow and if Rahane and Dhoni give him support, India can take the lead over 250 and may be have a 45 over go at England. England have collapsed in some such situations in the past, Jadeja can come into the party as a spinner.
A draw is more likely than other results, but the way this game has gone about, I won't rule out anything.

msp83

Posts : 15402
Join date : 2011-05-30
Location : India

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 7:53 pm

Duty281 wrote:India's day?! You do make me laugh.


India is not in a losing position going into D4......with a very very good chance of draw and an outside chance of win.
In an overseas series, given the track record...... this is about as good as we could have asked for...for a start
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Duty281 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 7:57 pm

KP_fan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:India's day?! You do make me laugh.


India is not in a losing position going into D4......with a very very  good chance of draw and an outside chance of win.
In an overseas series, given the track record...... this is about as good as we could have asked for...for a start

They've gone from strong favourites to having a very marginal chance in the space of one day.

I hardly think that qualifies them to have won the day. They will be bitterly disappointed at letting such a good chance slip, particularly so early on.

Duty281

Posts : 27043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 7:58 pm

msp wrote:Helpful track for spinners? What on earth are you talking about? No turn of any significance, no threatening bounce. Jadeja actually did the job he was supposed to do. A wicket would have been nice, but he went at just about 2 an over. In fact that is the difference between him and Ashwin, Ashwin has not been able to offer the captain that much needed control in the first innings of the game. In a 4 man attack, that is absolutely necessary. Binny isn't a test bowler, so this attack was also a 4 man one, as such, Ashwin can't be played in this combination. It had to be Jadeja, and it is Jadeja, and he did a pretty decent job. Hopefully he can get some runs tomorrow if called up on to do so.

there was variable bounce and slow turn and rough...and any spinner bowling 35 overs is required to take about 2 wickets.
just because Ashwin was worse doesn't justify Jadeja not picking wickets...especially if he plays as the 4th bowler.

Ind is not limited to jadeja and ashwin only......there is Mishra and Ojha and then in the second line karn sharma,a and another leggie( whose name eludes me) and Patel and even Bhajji looming on the horizon.

Binny played as a batsman who could bowl a bit...and since the pitch turned out to be so Nagpur-ish....he was not utlized.
His batting can be judged after he gets about 5 innings.....he is under less presusre than Jadeja...because Binny is clearly the 5th bowler and Jadeja is the 4th bowler.

Jadeja better get some runs and a couple fo wickets tomm if eng bat again

KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by KP_fan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 8:02 pm

Duty281 wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:India's day?! You do make me laugh.


India is not in a losing position going into D4......with a very very  good chance of draw and an outside chance of win.
In an overseas series, given the track record...... this is about as good as we could have asked for...for a start

They've gone from strong favourites to having a very marginal chance in the space of one day.

I hardly think that qualifies them to have won the day. They will be bitterly disappointed at letting such a good chance slip, particularly so early on.

Dhoni is a ultra defensive captain....in his heart of heart he would not have been expecting the position he found himself in.....Eng 200 odd for 7...and coming back from tea he was too pleased with his position and removed the foot of the pedal.

No one of true Indian cricket followers was expecting India to win........but many would not have been surprised had we lost....so a drawn first test is not a bad start.
Now hopefully we will not collapse in the morning hour and ensure atleast a draw.

In the best case Ind can declare with about 55 overs to go and give Eng about 250 runs ( at 5rpo) to chase and see if we can win psychological advantage.
But that's too far away....let's not crash in the first hour tomm
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jul 2014, 8:47 pm

You can't call day four India's day KP_f, that's beyond even your level of wumming!! Wink

Draw nailed on really, both teams had chances to take hold of the game and let them go. Symptoms of two sides who aren't on good runs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 49584
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Duty281 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 9:19 pm

KP_fan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:India's day?! You do make me laugh.


India is not in a losing position going into D4......with a very very  good chance of draw and an outside chance of win.
In an overseas series, given the track record...... this is about as good as we could have asked for...for a start

They've gone from strong favourites to having a very marginal chance in the space of one day.

I hardly think that qualifies them to have won the day. They will be bitterly disappointed at letting such a good chance slip, particularly so early on.

Dhoni is a ultra defensive captain....in his heart of heart he would not have been expecting the position he found himself in.....Eng 200 odd for 7...and coming back from tea he was too pleased with his position and removed the foot of the pedal.

No one of true Indian cricket followers was expecting India to win........but many would not have been surprised had we lost....so a drawn first test is not a bad start.
Now hopefully we will not collapse in the morning hour and ensure atleast a draw.

In the best case Ind can declare with about 55 overs to go and give Eng about 250 runs ( at 5rpo) to chase and see if we can win psychological advantage.
But that's too far away....let's not crash in the first hour tomm

That may well have been the case at the start of the Test, but I do greatly assure you that at the start of today the majority of cricket fans, Indian or otherwise, would have been anticipating an away win.

Such a golden chance has now all but disappeared, and the aforementioned cricket fans will have been largely surprised. Some of whom will be disappointed, others joyous.

Duty281

Posts : 27043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Duty281 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 9:21 pm

Remember, remember the May of twenty-elevener!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/13593906

Duty281

Posts : 27043
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

England v India First Test Trent Bridge - Page 12 Empty Re: England v India First Test Trent Bridge

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum