The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Howell

5 posters

Go down

David Howell Empty David Howell

Post by 4putt Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Great to see Howler have a good tournament. Let's hope it's the start of a good year for him.

4putt

Back to top Go down

David Howell Empty Re: David Howell

Post by drive4show Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Yes indeed, he promised so much before his career was blighted by injury and illness. Seems like a genuinely nice guy, comes from the same club as JAS who speaks very highly of him and his support for the club. I'd be delighted to see him get his game back and to see him contending again thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

David Howell Empty Howeller

Post by Redrage Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:40 pm

He has a decent track record in Dubai too, I thought he was good e/w value this week at 100/1. It is a tough field though.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Indeed, good to see him get a bit of early season form. As D4S says, I'm a member at the club where David grew up. He sponsors an annual drawn event at the club and tour commitments permitting, comes to present the prizes. I was lucky enough to win it a couple of years ago and it was a real highlight to be presented with the trophy from the man himself.

He also lost a friend and golfing buddy a few years ago to a heart condition. It was a measure of the man and his popularity on the European tour that with something like 5 weeks notice he organised a Pro-am at our club and had the likes of McDowell, Casey, Fisher and a good few others turn up to play and lend their support. The event raised shedloads for the British Heart foundation and his late friends family.

So yes he's a class act and I really hope he's now properly over all his injury woes.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Agree, Howell seems like a really nice guy. Hard to beleive he was no. 10 in the world not so many years ago.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Hole-in-one today by Howell at the 7th.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down