The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 16 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 15 Jul 2014, 11:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Insects, anyone?

Cooking tips?

Action netball?

I don't play action netball!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Thu 24 Jul 2014, 5:14 pm

Anything good on TV tonight?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Thu 24 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm

Having seen him on one comedy panel show too many, David Walliams has now been inducted into the TREE OF CUΠTS (Entertainment Branch).
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 24 Jul 2014, 6:53 pm

Ironic that I should post that after Union's post.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 24 Jul 2014, 7:02 pm

He is also involved in Pudsey the movie so I can only wholeheartedly endorse the recommendation.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 24 Jul 2014, 7:11 pm

Thanks, Jeff. I meant "nominated" but, now that I have your endorsement, he's officially inducted.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 24 Jul 2014, 7:16 pm

Rowley wrote:My nephew is going to Uni in Lincoln this September. Lovely place.

Try living and working here, Jeff. I swear some of the people I've to deal with in work are extras from Shaun if the dead, who've never been told filming ended.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 24 Jul 2014, 7:41 pm

You're saying this to a man that lives in Rotherham Boss. Trust me I am not a man easily shocked.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 24 Jul 2014, 7:41 pm

One for Tina to enjoy in the morning.

https://www.606v2.com/t54852-606-best-body-competition

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 24 Jul 2014, 7:46 pm

Valid point. Moving here was my introduction to England so I hope you're all very proud of yourselves

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 24 Jul 2014, 7:54 pm

Foreigners love Lincoln. In the US they even have a Lincoln Memorial.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 24 Jul 2014, 7:59 pm

Is that a statue of two cousins kissing?

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 24 Jul 2014, 10:42 pm

Rowley wrote:One for Tina to enjoy in the morning.

This is most embarrassing. CS isn't even a fully fledged member of the weightlifting board.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 24 Jul 2014, 10:57 pm

kingraf wrote:
Rowley wrote:One for Tina to enjoy in the morning.

This is most embarrassing. CS isn't even a fully fledged member of the weightlifting board.

It says 'will return' - it's not already been done before has it? That's a bit creepy.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 24 Jul 2014, 11:15 pm

I don't know Julius. I honestly don't remember entering it last year, or the yeah before. Maybe 2011? Truss is the sole judge, I can only think he was taking the mickey
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 6:39 am

Raf wrote:Truss is the sole judge

Are the soles a big thing in weightlifting? Got to be tough to add mass to.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 25 Jul 2014, 6:57 am

Morning Rick. I'm not really a weightlifter. I don't think anyone on that section really is. Top marks for wordplay though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 7:10 am

Cheers mate! How are you this fine day Raf? All set for the weekend?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 25 Jul 2014, 7:15 am

I'm very well thanks. Have a massive fever blister on my lower lip which makes my lower lip look like I went twelve with a peak Mike Tyson in his prime, and thought it best to demand for the three championship rounds. Unfortunately, having what appears to be a herpes breakout goes a long way toward limiting plans for the weekend. How are you mate?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 7:22 am

Better than a herpes infection!

Hoping for a chilled weekend with any luck, had a few messy ones, not sean messy, but pretty hectic, so pub and sport which is not a bad way to spend a weekend!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 25 Jul 2014, 7:32 am

Infinitely better than a herpes infection! Sounds very chilled. Haven't had a drink at the pub for about two months. Got an optometrist's appointment tomorrow morning, as my new prescription spectacles seem to be slowly blinding me.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Jul 2014, 7:40 am

kingraf wrote:Infinitely better than a herpes infection! Sounds very chilled. Haven't had a drink at the pub for about two months. Got an optometrist's appointment tomorrow morning, as my new prescription spectacles seem to be slowly blinding me.

The optician Michaels is stalking through Facebook might be able to help.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 25 Jul 2014, 7:51 am

I'm quite happy with my optician, thank you. Known her since I was ten, my mate's older sister. Very good at her job, and pretty to look at. A spitting image of her mom, who's a real looker, even at 52. Her mom was also my maths teacher. I keep it in the family.

Also, from reports, Sean's optician is a little thick of thighs, while mine rocks a bikini with perfect form.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:21 am

She never responded to my Facebook message. The loss is hers, the future's mine.

Dress down day today. I'm looking rather resplendent in a burgundy polo shirt, sandy chinos and sky blue espodrils today.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:41 am

Went out for dinner last night. There was a celebrity on the next table.

Who wants to guess who it was?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:43 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Went out for dinner last night.  There was a celebrity on the next table.

Rolf Harris?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:45 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Went out for dinner last night.  There was a celebrity on the next table.

Rolf Harris?

Nope. It was a TV presenter to narrow it down.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:45 am

Leslie Ash from Cats Eyes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:47 am

Rowley wrote:Leslie Ash from Cats Eyes.

Nope. It was a man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:48 am

Nick Knowles from DIY S.O.S.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:49 am

Rowley wrote:Nick Knowles from DIY S.O.S.

Laugh 

I wish it was, but no.

Less butch.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:49 am

seanmichaels wrote:Dress down day today. I'm looking rather resplendent in a burgundy polo shirt, sandy chinos and sky blue espodrils today.

Turns out there's something you can teach Tino, after all.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:49 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Laugh 

I wish it was, but no.

Less butch.

Dale Winton

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:50 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Laugh 

I wish it was, but no.

Less butch.

Dale Winton

Even less butch.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:51 am

Nick Owen, formerly of Sporting Triangles?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:51 am

Gok Wan?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:52 am

Rowley wrote:Gok Wan?

Even less butch. If that's possible.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:52 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Laugh 

I wish it was, but no.

Less butch.

Dale Winton

Even less butch.

Less butch than Dale Winton? Alan Carr.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:52 am

Even less butch.  If that's possible.

You do know Michaels is not a proper celebrity?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Laugh 

I wish it was, but no.

Less butch.

Dale Winton

Even less butch.

Less butch than Dale Winton? Alan Carr.

CORRECT!

Well done Julius.

He was wearing a blue shirt and jeans that were far too tight. Teeth like Suarez.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:57 am

Rowley wrote:

Even less butch.  If that's possible.

You do know Michaels is not a proper celebrity?

C0ck off Jeff! I'm a mid-range hardman.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:01 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He was wearing a blue shirt and jeans that were far too tight.  Teeth like Suarez.

Was he as gratingly camp as he is on telly or is that an act?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:06 am

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He was wearing a blue shirt and jeans that were far too tight.  Teeth like Suarez.

Was he as gratingly camp as he is on telly or is that an act?

It was an incredibly noisy restaurant, but you could still hear him. He wasn't as camp as he is on telly but not far off.

I didn't hear him talking about bumming, though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:09 am

You should have directed him to the weightlifting best body thread Tina, you could now be best buds, like you are with Wlad and James Bond.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:15 am

Rowley wrote:You should have directed him to the weightlifting best body thread Tina, you could now be best buds, like you are with Wlad and James Bond.

I'm off to Spain on Monday. I might well bump into my old pal Wladimir.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:16 am

I'm not actually that old, but there are times I feel old and I must look old.
It's a bit of a f*cker really.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:25 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not actually that old, but there are times I feel old and I must look old.

What's up, Jules?

Tell your Culture Cup pals. We are here for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:37 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not actually that old, but there are times I feel old and I must look old.

What's up, Jules?

Tell your Culture Cup pals.  We are here for you.

I know you disapprove Tino, but I'm on Facebook. Saw some photos of a guy I haven't seen for 25 years and thought "Christ he looks so old". Then thought "Christ I must look so old as well".
And little by little life's opportunities dwindle with the passage of time.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:40 am

I feel your pain Julius. I was at a wedding a few years ago and bumped into a bloke I went to school with, I was doing the whole catching up thing, as I had not seen him since school and asked him who he was there with. He said his son, I asked him where he was and he was at the bar. The thought of someone my age having a son old enough to get served legally kind of threw me off a bit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:40 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm on Facebook.

Shocked 
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:42 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

What's up, Jules?

Tell your Culture Cup pals.  We are here for you.

I know you disapprove Tino, but I'm on Facebook. Saw some photos of a guy I haven't seen for 25 years and thought "Christ he looks so old". Then thought "Christ I must look so old as well".
And little by little life's opportunities dwindle with the passage of time.

Yeah but you get to come on here and learn all sorts of things. Everyday is a school day.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum