The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 15 Jul 2014, 11:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Insects, anyone?

Cooking tips?

Action netball?

I don't play action netball!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:44 am

I feel old sometimes

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:45 am

Union Cane wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm on Facebook.

Shocked 

Since before you had pubic hair.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:45 am

seanmichaels wrote:I feel old sometimes

Is a pity you don't act it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:46 am

seanmichaels wrote:I feel old ladies flanges sometimes
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:47 am

I did wonder if maybe the guy on FB only looked old because of a lifetime of alcohol abuse, and as such I look years younger than he does.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:47 am

Union Cane wrote:

My missus is 44 in October.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:49 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Jesus Christ. How old are you?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:50 am

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

2014 years, 7 months.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:52 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I did wonder if maybe the guy on FB only looked old because of a lifetime of alcohol abuse, and as such I look years younger than he does.

Cut down on the alcohol last couple of weeks but makes getting to sleep unbearable. My legs kill me and i often end up sleeping with them leaning up against the wall.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:53 am

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Born At Gate Fulford Hospital York, (Good) Friday 13th April 1979.

Last edited by seanmichaels on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:54 am

seanmichaels wrote: i often end up sleeping with them leaning up against the wall.

Another throwback to your school days?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 9:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Cut down on the alcohol last couple of weeks but makes getting to sleep unbearable. My legs kill me and i often end up sleeping with them leaning up against the wall.

Probably a sign that you genuinely needed to cut back on the alcohol. It'll pass and you'll be all the better for it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:00 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Probably a sign that you genuinely needed to cut back on the alcohol. It'll pass and you'll be all the better for it.

Nah, it is my disease. Saw the cardiovascular guy before I went on holiday and they won't operate as I could lose my leg. After a second opinion, may go private.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:06 am

Who wants a lyrics quiz as Rick is busy prosecuting some poor tramp in Bradford?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:08 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Nah, it is my disease. Saw the cardiovascular guy before I went on holiday and they won't operate as I could lose my leg. After a second opinion, may go private.

I remember you mentioned that before. Best of luck with it all.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:09 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Who wants a lyrics quiz as Rick is busy prosecuting some poor tramp in Bradford?

Yes.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:10 am

Yes please.

Or we could play Frank Warren's country / dinosaur game?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:14 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I remember you mentioned that before. Best of luck with it all.

I'm alright thanks. More of a syndrome than a disease. Reckon NHS pulled the plug. One minute he wants to do research on me, the next he's saying all they can do is get me wearing stockings. Tino would love that.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:15 am

how does the lyrics game work?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:17 am

Here are the first 5 lyrics. Need song and artist. A point for each. These are quite hard but someone sent it to me so don't start whinging at me. I will give clues if you're struggling.

Winner gets a prize.

1) They knock me out when I'm down there...

2) The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in, meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin...

3) Blonde waitresses take their trays, they spin around and they cross the floor ...

4) You scratch just like a monkey, yeah you do, real cool...

5) The warmth of your hand and a cold grey sky, it fades to the distance...

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:18 am

5. Vienna, Ultravox

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:19 am

2. Harvest for the World, The Christians
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:19 am

2.) London Calling - The Clash

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:21 am

1) They knock me out when I'm down there...

2) The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in, meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin... Seany

3) Blonde waitresses take their trays, they spin around and they cross the floor ...

5) The warmth of your hand and a cold grey sky, it fades to the distance... Julius

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:22 am

4 sounds like a pixies lyric.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:22 am

perhaps debaser (i'm not going to cheat).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:23 am

seanmichaels wrote:4 sounds like a pixies lyric.

Incorrect.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:24 am

1) California Girls - The Beach Boys
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:25 am

Linebreaker wrote:1) California Girls - The Beach Boys

Yep.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:26 am

3) Walk like an Egyptian - Bangles

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:27 am

rick_dagless wrote:3) Walk like an Egyptian - Bangles

Yep.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:27 am

4) Heart Of Gold, Force & Styles
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:27 am

Alanis Morrisette for the scratching one?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:27 am

Union Cane wrote:4) Heart Of Gold, Force & Styles

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:29 am

I am pretty sure there are no Force & Styles lyrics in the quiz.

1) They knock me out when I'm down there... LB

2) The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in, meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin... Seany

3) Blonde waitresses take their trays, they spin around and they cross the floor ... Daggles

5) The warmth of your hand and a cold grey sky, it fades to the distance... Julius

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:29 am

It's Harlem Shuffle, by Bob and Earl, The Rolling Stones, The Action and countless others.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:30 am

4 - Harlem Shuffle - Rolling stones

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:30 am

Dammit Jeff...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:31 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

I am pretty sure there are no Force & Styles lyrics in the quiz.

That's me f*cked then.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 3933776953 
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:36 am

Can I do the next one please?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:36 am

seanmichaels wrote:Can I do the next one please?

Jeff was right.

Off you go, Seany.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:39 am

Jeff was right.

Off you go, Seany.

5 mins

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:41 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Jeff was right.

Off you go, Seany.

5 mins

You going for a dump?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:47 am

1.) Don’t waste your time on me you’re already a voice inside my head.
2.) And leaves fall to the ground, turn to brown through the day just like you.
3.) I’m working double time on the seduction line, she’s one of a kind mine all mine.
4.) Yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem, You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham.
5.) More aliases than Klaus Barbie, the master butcher of Leigh-on-Sea

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:49 am

seanmichaels wrote:1.) Don’t waste your time on me you’re already a voice inside my head.
2.) And leaves fall to the ground, turn to brown through the day just like you.
3.) I’m working double time on the seduction line, she’s one of a kind mine all mine.
4.) Yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem, You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham.
5.) More aliases than Klaus Barbie, the master butcher of Leigh-on-Sea

1 is Blink 182 but I can't remember the song.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:51 am

4 is the artic monkeys Fake Tales of San Francisco
2 is Telling Stories by the Charlatans

1 Is it I Miss you, Tina?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:51 am

3. You Shook Me All Night Long - ACDC

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:52 am

3) Fun Fair by Force & Styles

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:53 am

5 is A Carter Song, probably Sheriff Fatman, because I can't name any others.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:54 am

Rowley wrote:4 is the artic monkeys Fake Tales of San Francisco
2 is Telling Stories by the Charlatans

1 Is it I Miss you, Tina?

Yep, that's the one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum