The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England bullied, bounced out by India: Shane Warne

2 posters

Go down

England bullied, bounced out by India: Shane Warne Empty England bullied, bounced out by India: Shane Warne

Post by KP_fan Mon 21 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm

Warne is brutally correct

England bullied, bounced out by India: Shane Warne

London: Legendary Australian spinner Shane Warne Monday said India “bullied and bounced” out England to earn their first win at Lord’s since 1986.

“Horrific hour for Eng. India bullied & bounced them out. Remember Eng won the toss on the greenest pitch ever & blew it, changes needed !!” tweeted Warne, referring to the bouncers bowled by Indian pacers, especially Ishant Sharma.

India won the second Test at the ‘home of cricket’ by 95 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series against England. The first test at Trent Bridge resulted in a draw.

The last time India won a Test at Lord’s was when Kapil Dev’s men defeated England in 1986.

The former leg spinner also praised pacer Ishant, who achieved career best figures of 7/74, for getting left-hander Moeen Ali out off a bouncer on the last ball before lunch.

“Great 1st session at Lords today & an awesome delivery from Sharma last ball before lunch. Also, I donated my plaster cast to the Lords museum – weird item, but fun!” added Warne.

Read more: http://www.mizonews.net/sports/england-bullied-bounced-out-by-india-shane-warne/#ixzz387xjjcN1
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

England bullied, bounced out by India: Shane Warne Empty Re: England bullied, bounced out by India: Shane Warne

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 21 Jul 2014, 7:32 pm

He's not completely wrong, but boy is he a Kumquat, eh?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

England bullied, bounced out by India: Shane Warne Empty Re: England bullied, bounced out by India: Shane Warne

Post by KP_fan Mon 21 Jul 2014, 8:40 pm

i heard Cook talk to Nicholas on Channel-5........and maan to say he sounds confused....is an understatement....he is going through a mental melt down....a I wrote before.....but that is not something I should harp on more...what if ECB listen to me and make some radical changes;)

Warne...they won't listen to any way.....so Cook it is until the end of this series......Eng will go down the hill and India will get stronger from here.
They have gotten out of jail about 4 times in the series already and with every passing inning are getting more optimized and stronger
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 21 Jul 2014, 10:36 pm

and underlying the charade of  I have steel in me.....i will no quit, i will turnaround......bold and leader-like statements...Boycott pointed there is nothing but selfishness in Cook......putting himself and his feelings before the team.

and an undoubted duplicity of standards as Dobell points out
george dobell wrote:
How else to explain the post-match support for Matt Prior? Prior has undoubtedly been a fine player for England but, after equalling the record for the most byes conceded by an English keeper in a home Test for 80 years, he fell to a pull shot for the second time in the game as obligingly as if providing catching practice.

This is in stark contrast to the criticism of Kevin Pietersen following his dismissals in the Ashes. Whereas Pietersen was labelled selfish, Prior was informed by Alastair Cook that it was "up to him" if he wanted to continue playing. There is more than a sniff of hypocrisy about such inequitable treatment. But whereas "Matty" is one of the boys, Pietersen was an outsider. Merit hardly comes into the equation. The decision to dispense with Pietersen, England's highest runscorer in the Ashes, remember, remains weak and damaging.

and I hate to remind......Moeen, Morgan, Trott, Monty, Rankin, KP....immigrant background players have been given the outsider treatment.....
and "one of the boys".......Swann, Broad, anderson, Prior get away with a lot more
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down