The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs India - Fifth Test, The Oval

+24
JDizzle
kingraf
Scrumpy
Mat
mystiroakey
dyrewolfe
hampo17
alfie
freemo
guildfordbat
liverbnz
Liam
Gerry SA
LondonTiger
Azzy
Dorothy_Mantooth
Gregers
sirfredperry
Mad for Chelsea
GSC
KP_fan
msp83
Duty281
Good Golly I'm Olly
28 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

England vs India - Fifth Test, The Oval - Page 4 Empty England vs India - Fifth Test, The Oval

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Aug - 10:36

First topic message reminder :

Well this morning England have named an unchanged squad for the fifth and final test of the season

Means Plunkett hasn't recovered from his injury, Broad will be assessed with Stokes/Finn waiting in the wings and Sam Robson gets one more test
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

England vs India - Fifth Test, The Oval - Page 4 Empty Re: England vs India - Fifth Test, The Oval

Post by Duty281 Sat 16 Aug - 12:03

The problem of the second opener's spot is primarily down to the selectors and their short-term ideals.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

England vs India - Fifth Test, The Oval - Page 4 Empty Re: England vs India - Fifth Test, The Oval

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Aug - 12:05

Yep root should have stayed there

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Aug - 12:09

Think we've seen Root is much much more productive in the middle order. He can come in a dig us out a hole, or continue to push on.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Aug - 12:09

Root wasn't an opener in test cricket.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Aug - 12:11

He is great in the middle. But if we had stuck with him and not used 3 other players that are lesser after he may have been perfect in the opener role by now.

He has all the shots and all the grit that is needed , in any position in the team.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Aug - 12:30

Binny bowling ahead of Ashwin?! Lolz
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Aug - 14:01

India are so bad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Aug - 14:13

I Hope cook gets this 100.. 

Balance's average is going to be so high soon.  Can he keep this up?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Aug - 14:22

Cook this innings should've been out three times and thus is his greatest innings to date. For banter etc
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 16 Aug - 14:29

Well I jinxed that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sat 16 Aug - 15:26

Wheels coming off a bit for England.

I've typed that before this year, I think.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Aug - 15:28

Hoggy_Bear wrote:Wheels coming off a bit for England.

I've typed that before this year, I think.

not exactly crisis of the century is it- we should easily get the 150 plus lead minimum

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Sat 16 Aug - 15:40

Moeen Ali is now looking like a part time batsman.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 16 Aug - 16:01

Bit of a collapse for England, but the lead is still long enough to maintain a significant advantage.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Aug - 18:55

Could be a three dayer again.

Can't imagine they'll be great fight from India tomorrow they look like they don't care
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 16 Aug - 19:25

I hope Eng fold up for about 400 runs tomm.
Not because I or anyone supporting India is harboring any hopes of a win...but rather..that would ensure a prompt end to the pains......a finish of this painful last test in 3 days.

Nothing will change in Indian cricket until we have Dhoni......who it seems will be sent to Aus as a captain for the 4 test series, as a acclimitization for the world cup.

Unless Justice Mudgal strikes a telling blow in Sep.....and produces a damning recommendation against Dhoni and / or Srinivasan
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Aug - 19:27

Yeah, its become more a question of when rather than if.

Its really confusing. India looked a real outfit through 2 tests, went 1-0 and have completely fallen apart
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sat 16 Aug - 19:30

What India needs is a genuine bowling coach....not these  yes-sir nodding dummies to Dhoni and BCCI.

In shami, Ishant, Aaron, Yadva India has 85-90mph pacers and a world class swing bowler in Bhuvi....someone needs to work with them how to work out a wicket...to bowl 6 good balls in an over and over after over...........to teach them to think a dismissal throuhg......an aggressive wicket taking bowling coach like Akram, or Prasad or Donald....who can also take care of their fitness, workload and fatigue management

and then either a captain or a coach who is aggressive...who starts a test match not looking for 4 bowlers who can keep things tight....but rather 4 bowlers who are most likely to take 20 wickets and are mentally conditioned to bowl to pick 20 wickets.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Sat 16 Aug - 23:49

Good for England's mental rehabilitation this. India look a team lacking a plan.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 17 Aug - 7:49

I've been traveling for a few days and hardly watched any of the action so far in the game. But there has been no action from the Indian side apart from Varun Aaron, its all been inaction, with the bat, on the field and with the ball. So Another 3 day finish is on the cards.
They got the selections wrong yet again. Gambhir should have gone, and one of Dhawan or Rohit Sharma should have taken his place. Binny went for plenty with the ball and offered nothing with the bat. Jadeja would at least have kept the runs down, would have bowled more overs and thus help keep the likes of Aaron fresher.
England might declare or might even get bowled out by lunch with a 350 + first innings lead, and then Moeen Ali will spin the Indians out before stumps.......
Is there any rain around? If it is there, it better come porring down for the best part of 3 days!!!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 17 Aug - 9:41

Tell root to get his to his hundred within 3 overs max then declare and bowl them out just before tea. Overcast conditions, lovely jubly!

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 17 Aug - 9:58

Can't imagine England will be thinking of declaring.

At the end of the day its 2-1 England with 1 test left. Make the series safe first
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Aug - 10:00

GSC wrote:Can't imagine England will be thinking of declaring.

At the end of the day its 2-1 England with 1 test left. Make the series safe first

I totally agree. I wouldn't at 1-1. But let root go for a huge score, weather reports are fine..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 17 Aug - 11:29

Broads in the mood, Root to 100 and Jordan goes for 20. 

With 2 England wickets left, it'll probably be a finish today
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Aug - 11:34

Broad smashing it up. Love his cameos..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 17 Aug - 11:47

Brother plays at the same club Broad used to. Apparently he and his mate used to just see who could smash it 50 quickest each time
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Aug - 11:48

This is fun
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Aug - 11:54

Not that its a huge issue for England..But why would an umpire give that out. Zero appeal and miles not out.. Odd one..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Aug - 12:11

Wow an even worse decision.

Not that it matters.

Cracking display root.. Glad he was the one on not out and not to get those shocking Last two decsions.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Aug - 12:11

Missing leg stump by a mile, and he was nowhere near it. What even is this umpiring
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 17 Aug - 12:44

Sexy bowling. England deserves credit here rather than just blaming India ...The batsmen have been bamboozled, that delivery was bang on and the ones before

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 17 Aug - 12:47

Ah, the openers lasted more than 4 overs!. But that's it, the monumental partnership of 6 that was worrying England no end, is eventually ended by Anderson. Vijay the man out, so another wicket is just around the corner as Gambhir is yet to go!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 17 Aug - 12:56

A totally committed effort from Gautam Gambhir where he showed terrific application so that he wouldn't edge to the keeper or slips!!.
Hopefully that's the end of his international career......

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 17 Aug - 14:29

Unfortunately, the best contribution for India in this innings is cut off. The rainhas stopped, and the restart is just around.
Hope there is no more rain, and it all gets over today.......

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sun 17 Aug - 15:21

At 45-4, the 3rd day finish is getting ever so closer.......

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Sun 17 Aug - 15:42

50-5...

Kohli still out there trying to guts it out.

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Sun 17 Aug - 15:53

6 down..Kohli gone!!

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 17 Aug - 15:53

Abysmal series for Virat Kohli
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Aug - 15:56

Looked completely out of his depth
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Sun 17 Aug - 15:58

they all have..

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 17 Aug - 15:58

Maybe they'll have the consolation of winning the 1-day series?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Aug - 15:59

freemo wrote:they all have..
Vijay, Dhoni have done pretty decent in the madness. Rahane showed at Lords he can
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Sun 17 Aug - 16:00

7 down!!

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 17 Aug - 16:00

Wow - Ashwin gone! India 70-7. Nice catch by Bell...another wicket for Jordan.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Sun 17 Aug - 16:02

Good to see Jordan grab a few wickets...better bowler than his record shows, struggled for form in past 2 games, but is a good all-round cricketer

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 17 Aug - 16:02

Been sort of watching this with one eye : the athletics is more compelling .
India really haven't turned up for this.

Woakes and Jordan ensuring that Jimmy will have to wait until next year to pass Beefy.

Too bad for those who bought tickets for Monday.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Sun 17 Aug - 16:05

8 down

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 17 Aug - 16:05

Kumar gone! Another catch by Bell from the bowling of Jordan.

India 74-8.

The fat lady is warming up backstage...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Sun 17 Aug - 16:10

run out!! 9 down!!

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 17 Aug - 16:11

Varun Aaron run out and India are 9 down (runs irrelevant now). Think they are just trying to get it over with as quickly as possible...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next