The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Mon 18 Aug 2014, 2:33 pm

Boll0cks on here today.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Mon 18 Aug 2014, 2:41 pm

Cane, do you really have a you tube video of you mixing?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 18 Aug 2014, 2:42 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Cane, do you really have a you tube video of you mixing?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_CDTv-YvoxrqdQxUqnJXbw
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:00 pm

I had loads more that I wanted to upload, but the laptop that it was all on went to sh*t so I lost all the mixes that I had done as well as the DJ software and the 500+ tracks that I had downloaded.

Still contemplating getting the decks & vinyl down from the roof and doing it properly, but haven't got round to that yet.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:32 pm

Ha. I'm gonna check that out tonight. Missus in Berlin for the week so she can't moan

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:34 pm

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 3933776953 
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 18 Aug 2014, 3:59 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Ha. I'm gonna check that out tonight. Missus in Berlin for the week so she can't moan

Mrs Superfly did plenty of moaning when we went to Berlin.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 18 Aug 2014, 7:48 pm

Sh1t on here today.

Been trying to wind people up on the daily mail site with less success than I hoped, only got 57 dislikes. W@nkers.

Well done on staying off the p1ss though, michaels.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Aug 2014, 6:39 am

Morning all, I am not a persucuted minority, dead or otherwise...

How are we all this fine day?

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Aug 2014, 9:35 am

Sicond by some distance.

The Culture Cup is practically pushing up the daisies.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 19 Aug 2014, 9:58 am

Thora Hird.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:41 am

We are in a lull, I blame Tino... Unless he is ex Scottish minister Sam Galbraith.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:48 am

I think listening to my Youtube DJ stuff might have finished Michaels off.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:54 am

Hampton

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:55 am

I will check it out at some point Union...

Though not if it is the musical equivalent of the Ring video, and michaels has been finished off by a moist bint crawling through his monitor...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Aug 2014, 11:07 am

Moribund on here today. (that might draw tina out, he loved an unnecessarily obscure word)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 19 Aug 2014, 11:18 am

I've found Michaels...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28844764
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Aug 2014, 12:35 pm

I could well believe that michaels would be doing that...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:01 pm

wonder how long this will be up Smile

http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=greggs

in case it gets taken down

http://www.bakeryinfo.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/13046/Greggs_offensive_logo_goes_viral_.html

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 19 Aug 2014, 4:02 pm

Abysmal on here today.

Its saying something when the highlight of the day is likely to be Galted's after dark ramblings.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 19 Aug 2014, 8:02 pm

Union Cane wrote:Abysmal on here today.

Its saying something when the highlight of the day is likely to be Galted's after dark ramblings.

Well bugger you, Union, bugger you a lot.  In fact, bugger you to purgatory, Union.  Yes, that's right, purgatory!  Ramblings?  No, I don't think so.  Anecdotes.  Yes.  Philosophy.  Yes.  Witticisms.  Yes.  Ramblings.  Never.

I'd like to be able to tell you not to worry, that you're not the first to accuse me of ramblings but that's not the case.  My mate, Doug, has a mate, Gordon, who has been accused of rambling.  And rightly so!  Because Gordon does ramble.  He rambles on about anything so, if you were accusing him of after dark ramblings then you'd be right, as much of his rambling does occur after dark.  He's fairly indiscriminate when it comes to pre and post dark ramblings, he's just as likely to ramble during his lunchtime pear cider or his dinnertime vodka and tomato juice, such is his tendency to ramble.  My other mate, Wingrove, can't stand Gordon.  I personally don't mind Gordon, though it can be a bit annoying when the v3 girls are having a flap-flipping contest and Gordon's too busy rambling to bring Doug and me our Horlicks.  Wingrove though will do him given half a chance, though how half a chance differs from a chance I'm not sure, I think a chance of any sort is a chance.

I'm prepared to let you off this time as it's rarely that you annoy me but, if it were to happen again, you could expect a heated private message from me.  That's right, Union, a heated message.  And I don't mean heated in the sense of an electric blanket or underfloor heating, I mean irate, irate as in someone in a hurry who's missed his bus or someone who's asked his mate, Tariq, to look after his kids while he goes to Butlins with his other kids only find, upon his return, that Tariq has sold the kids to an East Midlands pa*dophile ring.

C*nt.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Aug 2014, 7:12 am

Top rant, Galted... but I stopped reading after "ring".

I'm going through a sawdust phase at the moment. It's much better than mud.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 7:28 am

Last night/this morning (timezones) I may have intimated to my girlfriend that I'm going to propose to her. Problems.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Aug 2014, 7:38 am

kingraf wrote:Last night/this morning (timezones) I may have intimated to my girlfriend that I'm going to propose to her. Problems.

Did you mention a date? If not, then you'll be fine, mate.

How's Singapore? Have you played a match yet?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Aug 2014, 7:58 am

When LB gets bored of reading your post you know you're going on a bit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 7:59 am

I didn't, well don't think I did. Kind of muttered that with her taking squatters rights, and me only a few credits from completing my degree, making it official seems a no brainer... She was surprisingly agreeably pleased.

It's going well, oppressively hot and humid though. Played a warm up match yesterday against a local international school, Batted first, I came in at three, retired on 40 odd, we got to 335 in 45, bowled them out for 120-odd. Got four in four from Thursday, t20s...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:07 am

Rowley wrote:When LB gets bored of reading your post you know you're going on a bit.

Morning Rowley. How's things this morning? Busy at work or is there currently a lull in the workplace?

My attention span is always there for Galted. Ring was pretty much the last word in the post so I didn't miss much.

kingraf wrote:
It's going well, oppressively hot and humid though.

Yeah, I used to start sweating about 4 paces from the lifts when I got outside. Cleaner air than Saigon though. That place was similar but stunk.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:35 am

Morning all, crikey Raf, haven't you only been going out for like a day?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:44 am

Morning all. Thankfully it wasn't me asleep in the Thames although I did once sleep in a passport photo booth on a station in November having been custard pie'd with a bowl of chilli. Terrible mess.

Pulled a sicky yesterday. Haven't had one all year and I needed to research my forthcoming fishing trip this weekend.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:47 am

A day and a bit mate. The moving in thing crept up on me a bit. I live about 2.5km from the local uni, so she stayed with me for a week during the holidays. As she had some extra classes. Anyway, her marks died out first semester, and her bursary was rescinded. As a result she needed new, cheaper accommodation, and KR was only too happy to oblige, once she explained not doing this meant I didn't love her, and that I was cheating on her. It's gone well since I accepted she doesn't cook or clean. My ex girlfriend phoned me up to question me about it a week or so ago.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:48 am

Galted wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Abysmal on here today.

Well bugger you, Union, bugger you a lot.  In fact, bugger you to purgatory, Union.  Yes, that's right, purgatory!  Ramblings?  No, I don't think so.  Anecdotes.  Yes.  Philosophy.  Yes.  Witticisms.  Yes.  Ramblings.  Never.

I'd like to be able to tell you not to worry, that you're not the first to accuse me of ramblings but that's not the case.  My mate, Doug, has a mate, Gordon, who has been accused of rambling.  And rightly so!  Because Gordon does ramble.  He rambles on about anything so, if you were accusing him of after dark ramblings then you'd be right, as much of his rambling does occur after dark.  He's fairly indiscriminate when it comes to pre and post dark ramblings, he's just as likely to ramble during his lunchtime pear cider or his dinnertime vodka and tomato juice, such is his tendency to ramble.  My other mate, Wingrove, can't stand Gordon.  I personally don't mind Gordon, though it can be a bit annoying when the v3 girls are having a flap-flipping contest and Gordon's too busy rambling to bring Doug and me our Horlicks.  Wingrove though will do him given half a chance, though how half a chance differs from a chance I'm not sure, I think a chance of any sort is a chance.

I'm prepared to let you off this time as it's rarely that you annoy me but, if it were to happen again, you could expect a heated private message from me.  That's right, Union, a heated message.  And I don't mean heated in the sense of an electric blanket or underfloor heating, I mean irate, irate as in someone in a hurry who's missed his bus or someone who's asked his mate, Tariq, to look after his kids while he goes to Butlins with his other kids only find, upon his return, that Tariq has sold the kids to an East Midlands pa*dophile ring.

C*nt.

I take it you meant r*** not ramble?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:48 am

seanmichaels wrote: having been custard pie'd with a bowl of chilli. Terrible mess.

I have absolutely no idea what this means, is this some sort of crazy, absolutely not in any way slightly gay, cricket fun again?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:49 am

kingraf wrote: Anyway, her marks died out first semester, and her bursary was rescinded. As a result she needed new, cheaper accommodation, and KR was only too happy to oblige

Sounds fishy. Save yourself some heartache and get rid of it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:56 am

Yeah, my ex said the same thing.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:58 am

KR wrote:Yeah, my ex said the same thing.

If it is peeing your Ex off, keep on it, must be doing something right Smile

sean wrote:having been custard pie'd with a bowl of chilli. Terrible mess.

Seriously, what the Frak does this mean?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:05 am

rick_dagless wrote:

sean wrote:having been custard pie'd with a bowl of chilli. Terrible mess.

Seriously, what the Frak does this mean?

It was after the 2003 WC final. I'd been on it since 6am and ended up at a barn party where they were serving chilli on paper plates/bowls. As is the norm there was a food fight and a bloke who has a reputation for being over zealous custard pie'd me with the chilli. It was quite funny. A kidney bean fell out my ear on the train home.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:10 am

sean wrote:It was after the 2003 WC final. I'd been on it since 6am and ended up at a barn party where they were serving chilli on paper plates/bowls. As is the norm there was a food fight and a bloke who has a reputation for being over zealous custard pie'd me with the chilli. It was quite funny. A kidney bean fell out my ear on the train home.

Ah, right you are sean, it all makes perfect sense now...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:20 am

seanmichaels wrote:As is the norm there was a food fight .

As is the norm!! this is very much not the norm, unless you are six, or filming the closing scene of Bugsy Malone. I am 41 and have never been in a food fight.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:27 am

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:As is the norm there was a food fight .

As is the norm!! this is very much not the norm, unless you are six, or filming the closing scene of Bugsy Malone. I am 41 and have never been in a food fight.

Never had a food fight? You need to be on that butter advert along with the little black kid who'd never felt a snowflake.

I was once at a rugby dinner where Willie John McBride was the head speaker. I got cleaned up by a new potato during his chat. Taken right off my chair. He wasn't amused although it could also have been down to the fact that my mate's Dad released a stink bomb by his table on the way to the bogs.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:30 am

A stink bomb and a food fight, you crazy kids really know how to have a good time. Have you ever tried a whoopee cushion, or itching powder in the bed, genuine laugh a minute stuff.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:31 am

Rowley wrote:A stink bomb and a food fight, you crazy kids really know how to have a good time. Have you ever tried a whoopee cushion, or itching powder in the bed, genuine laugh a minute stuff.

I say we but it was pretty much always the same guy. He let off a smoke bomb in the pub toilets once. Caused a bit of a scene.

And itching powder etc is a bit old school. A drop of he who dares burns sauce on the boxer shorts is far more entertaining.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:40 am

still no Tino?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:49 am

Sean, I think I can save you a few quid on psychiatry sessions and just get you to read your last few posts as an explanation for why you life seems to be heading for the bogs.

As for Raf....no matter how great your lady's knockers might be or how splendid her oral technique or how willing she is to debase herself during love-making, if she's a bone idle lazy little cow, sack her off as soon as humanly possible. No point setting up home with someone if it generally looks like it's been burgled. As time goes on an and the initial euphoria wears off, you'll look around and think, "she's a dirty b!tch...and not in a good way!"

Be warned.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 10:39 am

DAVE667 wrote:Sean, I think I can save you a few quid on psychiatry sessions and just get you to read your last few posts as an explanation for why you life seems to be heading for the bogs.

Nothing wrong with some high jinx. Too many self important nobheads like you in the world!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:05 am

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Sean, I think I can save you a few quid on psychiatry sessions and just get you to read your last few posts as an explanation for why you life seems to be heading for the bogs.

Nothing wrong with some high jinx. Too many self important nobheads like you in the world!
Settle down lad, take a deep breath and don't be over-sensitive!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:34 am

By the way Rowls, not sure if it was mentioned but Jimmy Tibbs was on Talksport with Colin Murray yesterday. Really good interview which you should still be able to get. Promoting his autobiography sparring with life but some genuinely interesting stories there.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 20 Aug 2014, 1:22 pm

Turkey and thyme burger with potato wedges...

7.3/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 20 Aug 2014, 1:26 pm

Turkey and thyme burger? Processed or minced? That has really made me salivate. Could do that with chips and salad tonight. May have a few tomatoes ready after the sun today as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 20 Aug 2014, 1:38 pm

It was in a Pattie form sean, minced then mixed and shaped, as you would with a homemade burger.

Couple of Cherry/vine tomatoes would have gone down a treat...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:03 pm

You lot really do lunch like homos (homoes?).

Ham & cheese sandwich, apple, swiss roll.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next