The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richard Attenborough

4 posters

Go down

Richard Attenborough Empty Richard Attenborough

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sun 24 Aug 2014, 11:18 pm

Giant of cinema dies aged 90.
As both an actor and director/producer, he was involved in some of the greatest films of all time.
RIP

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Richard Attenborough Empty Re: Richard Attenborough

Post by Guest Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:50 am

I hate this month if I'm being honest. He was brilliant. Huge loss

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 25 Aug 2014, 12:57 pm

Great actor and made some great films, The Great Escape being my favourite, alongside Flight of the Phoenix,  but he was 90 for goodness sake, and hadn't been well for years so not something to be sad about, wallow over, be overly simpering or pour masses amount of grief over.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 25 Aug 2014, 3:47 pm

Thanks for the thread, Hoggy. You are quite right to pay tribute to Richard Attenborough. The length and variety of his career encompassing some excellent films should ensure he is remembered as a world great of the cinema.

My preference was for his work in front of the camera than behind it. I tended to find his directoral efforts too overblown. Nonetheless, it's hard to criticise his direction of Gandhi when it helped elevate Ben Kingsley from one time actor in Coronation Street to Best Actor Oscar winner.

Whilst Attenborough won two Oscars himself for Gandhi (director and producer), it's surprising he never received even a single Academy Award nomination for his acting. Near shameful that his masterly performance of true life serial killer Christie in 10 Rillington Place was overlooked. In my view, he was even better in that than Brighton Rock. Other personal favourites include League of Gentlemen, I'm Alright Jack, Seance on a Wet Afternoon, Flight of the Phoenix and, of course, The Great Escape.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:30 pm

Don't know about you guys but I saw Brighton Rock in school. He played Pinky a real nasty turn by Sir Richard great performance. He seemed a very well respected and likable gentleman outside of the entertainment industry as well just like his brother.

RIP

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum