The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys season thread 2014-15

+46
Allty
Welly
HammerofThunor
whocares
wayne
Cyril
doctor_grey
No 7&1/2
BigGee
The Great Aukster
maestegmafia
TBJ9625
doctornickolas
Welshmushroom
Seagultaf
RDSguru
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
George Carlin
glamorganalun
LeinsterFan4life
IanBru
tatterd
No9
dragon4life
TJ
Cocokav
jimmyinthewell68
GavinDragon
Cardiff Dave
Shifty
VinceWLB
The Saint
Luckless Pedestrian
Welsh Magician
Janecory
Stone Motif
wales606
LordDowlais
Jenifer McLadyboy
ScarletSpiderman
Breadvan
profitius
Neutralee
bedfordwelsh
Exiledinborders
Notch
50 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Ospreys season thread 2014-15 - Page 3 Empty Ospreys season thread 2014-15

Post by The Saint Tue 26 Aug 2014, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Will Ospreys be worst team in Wales 2014-15?

Outside of some fairly decent signings (Bernardo, Matavesi, Roberts), and their inspiring captain (AWJ) the Ospreys squad looks very average and the first team could struggle to be within the top 6 of the Guinness Pro12. Squad: http://www.ospreysrugby.com/Teams/Squad/Ospreys. Do Ospreys fans believe little was done when Ryan/Adam Jones, Hibbard declared intentions to move? I think the current squad has potential, but the current coaches will neither develop them or get the best out of them when it comes to the field of play, I think Tandy is the worst pro rugby coach in Wales and quite possibly all of Europe. The departures of the senior players will do little to help either.

Dragons have a slightly better squad this term and are lead by a good coaching panel, as are the Scarlets and Blues. The Blues also have built quite a formidable squad and look the most likely to be winning silverware this season. This is why I can see Ospreys being the worst performing team in the 2014/15 season. To go from the team most likely to win silverware for a No. of years to potentially the worst is unforgivable.

Last edited by The Saint on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title changed due to continued request. Former title is at the head of the post.)

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Ospreys season thread 2014-15 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ospreys season thread 2014-15

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Sep 2014, 11:09 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Lord, Biggar is going to end up more of a Steve Jones than a Gareth Edwards.  Biggar is a save reliable option, and as such the people of Wales will always be calling for someone with more flair to take the shirt internationally.  IMO he will probably be the most capped welsh fly half of his generation (Priest, Patch, Hook, Tovey, Biggar, O Williams, Anscombe?) but will most likely always been seen as a boring safe option by the majority.

If people just watched him, he is far from boring, the kid hits the line with speed, takes good angles, he is always trying things, he knows when to kick and when to run and he has an eye for a pass,and he can tackle, something Stephen Jones used to struggle with, ok he is not a snake hips player but at 24yrs of age this kid could end up being immense for Wales, I have made a lot of friends out in Ireland through following rugby and when ever I am over there or they are over here, the same old debate comes up, why is he not starting every game for Wales ? They wax lyrical about him, they think the kid is a serious talent, and that is coming from other counties fans.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:09 pm

Welsh Magician wrote:
The Saint wrote:Research what exactly? You're talking rubbish as per.
I think he is talking about the fact Ospreys scrum was dominant against Treviso, mostly from Nicky Smith's side of the scrum, admittedly. Treviso even had a yellow for their TH for repeatedly being driven out of the scrum.

It was 50/50, ref giving the home team the benefit of the doubt. From what I saw, every time Ospreys had their put-in, it crumbled. When Treviso had the put-in, they drove you backwards. Not sideways, backwards.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:11 pm

wayne wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dont the Os still have Jarvis and Rees?

Yeah and their scrum was crumbling against a weak Treviso team. Jarvis can only hold his own when he has high quality players around him, he'll never dominate like Adam Jones has done.
You can't even get that right. Go and do a bit of research
Obviously, you can't or will not Research
Don't the Os still have Jarvis and Rees
Yeah, NO, Joe Rees  left the Ospreys at the end of last season
As others have said Smith was mainly dominant and was named MOTM, even the Treviso speaker Carlo del Fava Italian International admitted as much
The only penalty given in the match on the Ospreys  Tight head side (Jarvis) was awarded when the Treviso loose head collapsed early in the 2nd half
So out of your whole statement, the only part you have RIGHT is to say that Jarvis is an Ospreys player.
You are an absolute JOKE
The saying used  

I never asked about Joe Rees.
See what I just said to welsh magician, every time you had the put-in it crumbled. Home team got benefit of the doubt. Nicky Smith did hold his own mostly though.
It's just you disagree and can't accept reality. That makes your life the joke. If you don't like the thread, start your own Ospreys 2014-15 Discussion thread where you can all talk about how amazing your team and average players are.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:13 pm

The Saint wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:
I think he is talking about the fact Ospreys scrum was dominant against Treviso, mostly from Nicky Smith's side of the scrum, admittedly. Treviso even had a yellow for their TH for repeatedly being driven out of the scrum.

It was 50/50, ref giving the home team the benefit of the doubt. From what I saw, every time Ospreys had their put-in, it crumbled. When Treviso had the put-in, they drove you backwards. Not sideways, backwards.

All I saw was that English no. 3 they had with ginger hair going in at an angle, in every scrum, and driving upwards, he was told about it numerous times and in the end he was rightly given a yellow.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Dan Biggar, at just 24yrs of age, has the ability to become one the best players this country has ever produced, and I put him as being even better than Gareth Edwards,

Oh dear me! laughing

Why ?

Because that's only the most ridiculous statement ever. Didn't think that needed an explanation...

Saint you make me laugh, you really do, you have dismissed Dan Biggar without giving any reasons what so ever, very seldom do you see him have a bad game, at just 24yrs of age he is the best no. 10 in the league, and I would argue the fact that he is probably the best in Britain and Ireland, just imagine how good he could become by the time he is 28/29yrs old, if he keeps going the way he is and concentrates on his rugby then he would become pivotal for Wales in years to come, just like Gareth Edwards was in the 70's, instead of just disagreeing, why don't you tell us why you disagree, perhaps then we could have an adult conversation with you.

I think SS just gave you an answer, and you dismissed it. So what's the point? Anyone who has watched rugby since the 70s would agree that claiming he's better than Gareth Edwards is absolutely ludicrous.
Anyway LD, thought you quit this board because people talking about Pontypridd boiled your urine (as you put it?). Got to be honest, it was a better place without you! Smile

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:20 pm

I think even the most die hard Os fans will admit this could be a bit of a watershed season for them. They have lost some top class players and a vast amount of experience and as their pack was always they strongest weapon losing Jones x 2 plus Evans will be a huge loss.

Despite never quite hitting the mark in Europe they and their fans always had the bragging rights of being the top Welsh region but I think that is under threat this season to, I don't think Tandy is the right man but they now have to back their youth system and see what it brings them.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:30 pm

The Saint wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:

I must have missed the 50-50 part, from my seat all I could see were Ospreys penalties. Let's see how they do against the mighty Dragons on Friday.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm

The Saint wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Dan Biggar, at just 24yrs of age, has the ability to become one the best players this country has ever produced, and I put him as being even better than Gareth Edwards,

Oh dear me! laughing

Why ?

Because that's only the most ridiculous statement ever. Didn't think that needed an explanation...

Saint you make me laugh, you really do, you have dismissed Dan Biggar without giving any reasons what so ever, very seldom do you see him have a bad game, at just 24yrs of age he is the best no. 10 in the league, and I would argue the fact that he is probably the best in Britain and Ireland, just imagine how good he could become by the time he is 28/29yrs old, if he keeps going the way he is and concentrates on his rugby then he would become pivotal for Wales in years to come, just like Gareth Edwards was in the 70's, instead of just disagreeing, why don't you tell us why you disagree, perhaps then we could have an adult conversation with you.

I think SS just gave you an answer, and you dismissed it. So what's the point? Anyone who has watched rugby since the 70s would agree that claiming he's better than Gareth Edwards is absolutely ludicrous.
Anyway LD, thought you quit this board because people talking about Pontypridd boiled your urine (as you put it?). Got to be honest, it was a better place without you! Smile

It was not the fact they were talking about Ponty that irked me, it was the fact that they were saying I should get behind my region, and all from dragon's fans, the very hard done by Dragons fans, anyway I am not getting back into that.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Sep 2014, 12:48 pm

Yawn.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:05 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:I think even the most die hard Os fans will admit this could be a bit of a watershed season for them.  They have lost some top class players and a vast amount of experience and as their pack was always they strongest weapon losing Jones x 2 plus Evans will be a huge loss.

Despite never quite hitting the mark in Europe they and their fans always had the bragging rights of being the top Welsh region but I think that is under threat this season to, I don't think Tandy is the right man but they now have to back their youth system and see what it brings them.
BW, I'm a very diehard Os fan, and I quite expect us to have a less than successful season, as for the players we have had, and lost, Ianto because of mainly disciplinary issues played very few games last season and also for the previous few seasons with disciplinary and injury issues the same applied, because of this James King was utilised, even when Ianto was available, so he will not be missed, we have now signed 2 SA who will be available all season, Adam was left out of the team last season because he was NOT as potent under the new laws, and his loose play has always been the lesser of his attributes, Jarvis is not a great scrummager, and neither is he terrible and his broken field work is very good IMO, we could have done with Adam staying at least one more year, to help with Jarvis and assist with the outstanding prospect Thomas, but there we are he's gone, as for Ryan yes we will miss him, not as much as some are making out, as we had to play James King at open side last Friday, he is a natural 6 and with him and Adron (Canadian) we are adequately covered there, constructive criticism is appreciated and you seem to have given that, it is idiotic comments like Biggar and Tipuric are NOT top class, and then the same poster can't even do some elementary research before posting absolute rubbish that gets my back up, as for your comment about using our youth we have been spending 4 TIMES what the WRU have given us on our academy for 3 seasons, so this is NOT a new thing.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:11 pm

wayne,

I agree on the amount of game time both A Jones and Evans played but that is still a huge amount of experience to lose in one go that and Jarvis nor King have convinced me so maybe this is their season when they show that and come out of the shadows of their more experienced predecessors.

A lot more will now fall on the likes of Biggar and Tipuric both who in my book are top class players though I think Tipuric may struggle if the front five struggle, am a big fan of Baker and we (Wales) need him to have another good season if for nothing else than to put pressure on Faletau.

From an outsider looking in its not so much the players I just don't think tandy is up to the task.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:27 pm

The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Yeah and their scrum was crumbling against a weak Treviso team. Jarvis can only hold his own when he has high quality players around him, he'll never dominate like Adam Jones has done.
As others have said Smith was mainly dominant and was named MOTM, even the Treviso speaker Carlo del Fava Italian International admitted as much
The only penalty given in the match on the Ospreys  Tight head side (Jarvis) was awarded when the Treviso loose head collapsed early in the 2nd half
So out of your whole statement, the only part you have RIGHT is to say that Jarvis is an Ospreys player.
You are an absolute JOKE
The saying used  

See what I just said to welsh magician, every time you had the put-in it crumbled. Home team got benefit of the doubt. Nicky Smith did hold his own mostly though.
It's just you disagree and can't accept reality. That makes your life the joke. If you don't like the thread, start your own Ospreys 2014-15 Discussion thread where you can all talk about how amazing your team and average players are.
So when SS asked about JARVIS and REES and you said YEAH, what REES was you talking about, be very careful with your answer on this.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:34 pm

Watershed season all round bedford. I think Tandy and Gibbes can bring on last years squad players as starters but I don't rate back coach Gruf rees to take our (massively underated) backs further on.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:52 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:wayne,

I agree on the amount of game time both A Jones and Evans played but that is still a huge amount of experience to lose in one go that and Jarvis nor King have convinced me so maybe this is their season when they show that and come out of the shadows of their more experienced predecessors.

A lot more will now fall on the likes of Biggar and Tipuric both who in my book are top class players though I think Tipuric may struggle if the front five struggle, am a big fan of Baker and we (Wales) need him to have another good season if for nothing else than to put pressure on Faletau.

From an outsider looking in its not so much the players I just don't think tandy is up to the task.
See, what a reasoned and well thought out response can have, Tandy is under a bit of pressure, especially with his choice of subs and when he brings them on, I think it would be unfair to have him sacked this season, with the number of top class players that have left not just this season the previous 2 or 3 as well, some deserved to go others didn't, Ianto will not be missed, as I said I would like Adam to stay and nurture Jarvis and Nicky Thomas, but as everybody knows the Dodger scuppered that in the beginning.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Sep 2014, 2:15 pm

wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:

You are an absolute JOKE
The saying used  

So when SS asked about JARVIS and REES and you said YEAH, what REES was you talking about, be very careful with your answer on this.

Like I said I never asked about Joe Rees. I've also stated you need TH cover, which should tell you I believe Ospreys to be undercooked in that position. Again, stop looking for holes that aren't there.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Sep 2014, 2:29 pm

The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:

You are an absolute JOKE
The saying used  

Like I said I never asked about Joe Rees. I've also stated you need TH cover, which should tell you I believe Ospreys to be undercooked in that position. Again, stop looking for holes that aren't there.
So same as the Biggar issue where you did not think in the initial point that he was outstanding, by leaving him out, you directly reply to SS about JARVIS and REES, you say you were not talking about Joe REES.And as he was the only Rees in our first team squad last season and there are NONE this season. WTF were you replying about
You are either THICK, A LIAR or a WUM, I think you are a combination of all 3, BUT PRIMARILY number 2.
You are not worth the bother on this topic.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 09 Sep 2014, 2:35 pm

I think you need to really go over what I've said about Biggar, Ospreys TH situation and then let it go. You're trying so hard to believe something that doesn't exist.

Like I said, get off the thread and start an Ospreys season thread then you petty little man. This is the place for opinion, not the usual one-eyed Ospreys bias.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Tue 09 Sep 2014, 5:24 pm

The Saint wrote:I think you need to really go over what I've said about Biggar, Ospreys TH situation and then let it go. You're trying so hard to believe something that doesn't exist.

Like I said, get off the thread and start an Ospreys season thread then you petty little man. This is the place for opinion, not the usual one-eyed Ospreys bias.
But you are the one pushing bias here, you clearly dislike the team or really don't watch them enough to suggest that they will finish bottom out of the Welsh regions, their squad is stronger and deeper than the Dragons squad and over the course of a whole season that will show quite clearly.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 09 Sep 2014, 5:36 pm

Welsh Magician wrote:
The Saint wrote:I think you need to really go over what I've said about Biggar, Ospreys TH situation and then let it go. You're trying so hard to believe something that doesn't exist.

But you are the one pushing bias here, you clearly dislike the team or really don't watch them enough to suggest that they will finish bottom out of the Welsh regions, their squad is stronger and deeper than the Dragons squad and over the course of a whole season that will show quite clearly.
We'll see won't we? But that statement at the moment is either staggering arrogance or a major leap of faith in your team.

Front row you have the Waun bois but they are dwts this season, please nobody mention Jarvis as nobody who takes contact with this body positions should be anywhere near a pro rugby field, versus our old schoolers and a couple of time-served Dregs. Hooker - I'd say we were just about ahead here, your no 2 2 is a guy we binned off and none of them will be up to playing the role Hibbard did in your team. Locks, I'd give the Sprays but only because of AWJ, who you won't have most of the season. Back row Dragons win except at 7. Half backs even at SH, Biggar has left Tovey in the shade to be fair though. Centres we have our young 'uns v players who're solid but uninspiring, and in the back three the pick on the wings are Brewy and Eli, with the Dragons better at full back with Byrne, Amos and Prydie at a push. So fairly even, no?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 09 Sep 2014, 6:01 pm

Stone, I'd say as a semi neutral that's a fair assessment. Coaching edges it in the Dragons favour IMO. But really there is fractionally anything between any of the four regions.

Also Saint, Wayne, Lord, please try to keep it friendly guys.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Sep 2014, 6:05 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Stone, I'd say as a semi neutral that's a fair assessment.  Coaching edges it in the Dragons favour IMO.  But really there is fractionally anything between any of the four regions.

Also Saint, Wayne, Lord, please try to keep it friendly guys.
SS, as I've already stated, I will NOT bother, he's not worth it

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:34 am

Stone Motif wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:

We'll see won't we? But that statement at the moment is either staggering arrogance or a major leap of faith in your team.

Front row you have the Waun bois but they are dwts this season, please nobody mention Jarvis as nobody who takes contact with this body positions should be anywhere near a pro rugby field, versus our old schoolers and a couple of time-served Dregs.  Hooker - I'd say we were just about ahead here, your no 2 2 is a guy we binned off and none of them will be up to playing the role Hibbard did in your team.  Locks, I'd give the Sprays but only because of AWJ, who you won't have most of the season.  Back row Dragons win except at 7.  Half backs even at SH, Biggar has left Tovey in the shade to be fair though.  Centres we have our young 'uns v players who're solid but uninspiring, and in the back three the pick on the wings are Brewy and Eli, with the Dragons better at full back with Byrne, Amos and Prydie at a push.  So fairly even, no?
Note I said squad, starting XV's get depleted through the season, Ospreys have far better depth.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:02 am

Welsh Magician wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:

Front row you have the Waun bois but they are dwts this season, please nobody mention Jarvis as nobody who takes contact with this body positions should be anywhere near a pro rugby field, versus our old schoolers and a couple of time-served Dregs.  Hooker - I'd say we were just about ahead here, your no 2 2 is a guy we binned off and none of them will be up to playing the role Hibbard did in your team.  Locks, I'd give the Sprays but only because of AWJ, who you won't have most of the season.  Back row Dragons win except at 7.  Half backs even at SH, Biggar has left Tovey in the shade to be fair though.  Centres we have our young 'uns v players who're solid but uninspiring, and in the back three the pick on the wings are Brewy and Eli, with the Dragons better at full back with Byrne, Amos and Prydie at a push.  So fairly even, no?
Note I said squad, starting XV's get depleted through the season, Ospreys have far better depth.

Note comments on squad depth in the spine positions above...'far better depth' is again either staggering arrogance or a Wayne-like ability to know sh1te when it's in your eyes
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:17 am

Let's assume that Jarvis gets the nod to go hold some tackle bags for team Wales, and Baldwin gets to be third choice hooker again. Do you believe you have better depth in the front 5 now? I wouldn't think so, certainly not going by both your 2nd rows performance against Treviso. Peers went 5 yards backwards every time he had the ball.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Sep 2014, 12:57 pm

The Saint wrote:Let's assume that Jarvis gets the nod to go hold some tackle bags for team Wales, and Baldwin gets to be third choice hooker again. Do you believe you have better depth in the front 5 now? I wouldn't think so, certainly not going by both your 2nd rows performance against Treviso. Peers went 5 yards backwards every time he had the ball.
This. Wayne will be along now to tell us how awesome a second rower Peers is now, y'watch. And let's not get started on the likes of the Caitastrophe, FFSussell, Bearman et al...that is one deep pile of cattle's business they've got down the Library this season. Possibly as deep or even deeper than the one at Dave Parade, it's fair to say.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Sep 2014, 1:37 pm

I gather even their exalted leader Alun (I love running upright) Wyn doesn't fancy a trip to Dave, Friday? Needs more rest/has a bad case of Dragonsitis.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:08 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
The Saint wrote:Let's assume that Jarvis gets the nod to go hold some tackle bags for team Wales, and Baldwin gets to be third choice hooker again. Do you believe you have better depth in the front 5 now? I wouldn't think so, certainly not going by both your 2nd rows performance against Treviso. Peers went 5 yards backwards every time he had the ball.
 This.  Wayne will be along now to tell us how awesome a second rower Peers is now, y'watch.  And let's not get started on the likes of the Caitastrophe, FFSussell, Bearman et al...that is one deep pile of cattle's business they've got down the Library this season.  Possibly as deep or even deeper than the one at Dave Parade, it's fair to say.

If there's one Dragon I wish didn't leave for the Ospreys it's Bearman. Heck of a player.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:20 pm

The Saint wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
 This.  Wayne will be along now to tell us how awesome a second rower Peers is now, y'watch.  And let's not get started on the likes of the Caitastrophe, FFSussell, Bearman et al...that is one deep pile of cattle's business they've got down the Library this season.  Possibly as deep or even deeper than the one at Dave Parade, it's fair to say.

If there's one Dragon I wish didn't leave for the Ospreys it's Bearman. Heck of a player.

Yeah, he was. Would you have him back now though?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:23 pm

Not right now, we seem to be well stocked in the back-row.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:36 pm

Caitastrophe?

Oi....leave wooden leg alone.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Wed 10 Sep 2014, 5:48 pm

Its a shame you guys don't take your hatred of the Ospreys out on some of your other league rivals, you might get somewhere further up the table. Wink

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Sep 2014, 6:01 pm

Welsh Magician wrote:Its a shame you guys don't take your hatred of the Ospreys out on some of your other league rivals, you might get somewhere further up the table. Wink

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz maybe we would if we had your much-vaunted depth eh
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Wed 10 Sep 2014, 6:35 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:Its a shame you guys don't take your hatred of the Ospreys out on some of your other league rivals, you might get somewhere further up the table. Wink

You might have won some titles, I agree. kiss

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Sep 2014, 8:19 pm

Maybe even the HC eh? That's what should come with having one of the most expensive squads in Europe, after all (gay smiley)
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 10 Sep 2014, 8:22 pm

Why would any Ospreys fan gloat though. They pretty much at one point, had the best 23 in Europe and still couldn't win the competition. With the amount of internaitonals that's just shocking, I don't know why anyone would pay to go watch them. Dragons have been bad granted but what can you do when the WRU don't put anything in to their 50% share. I don't see dual contracts benefiting us that much either when our players don't get the recognition they deserve. I'd probably have Rees, Lewis Evans, Amos, Prydie on dual contracts. Perhaps Tovey as well in case another 10 crisis arises.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 10 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm

Welsh Magician wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

I wouldn't see this as an anti-ospreys thread tbh, it just presents a different view. Again, I don't have anything against the team, just the blinkered fans on here and on the Facebook page. Never seen such biased and moronic supporters...thought Scarlets were bad!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 10 Sep 2014, 9:05 pm

This thread's become an anti-Ospreys thread because a few Ospreys fans have decided that's what it is. The OP asks if the Os will be the worst of the four regions this season - doesn't say they will, asks if they will. That's all. It's a question being asked on plenty of other rugby forums, why not here? And the reaction of some Ospreys fans to the question reminds me of something Agatha Christie wrote, along the lines of: how strange it is that you can have a suspicion of something yourself, but when someone else suggests it, you come over all defensive.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 10 Sep 2014, 9:24 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:This thread's become an anti-Ospreys thread because a few Ospreys fans have decided that's what it is. The OP asks if the Os will be the worst of the four regions this season - doesn't say they will, asks if they will. That's all. It's a question being asked on plenty of other rugby forums, why not here? And the reaction of some Ospreys fans to the question reminds me of something Agatha Christie wrote, along the lines of: how strange it is that you can have a suspicion of something yourself, but when someone else suggests it, you come over all defensive.

Webb passes like Ms Marple, an' all
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:32 pm

Stop being a wum on other regions FB pages then saint. It's not hard...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 10 Sep 2014, 10:37 pm

The Saint wrote:Why would any Ospreys fan gloat though. They pretty much at one point, had the best 23 in Europe and still couldn't win the competition. With the amount of internaitonals that's just shocking, I don't know why anyone would pay to go watch them. Dragons have been bad granted but what can you do when the WRU don't put anything in to their 50% share. I don't see dual contracts benefiting us that much either when our players don't get the recognition they deserve. I'd probably have Rees, Lewis Evans, Amos, Prydie on dual contracts. Perhaps Tovey as well in case another 10 crisis arises.

Great squad in 2010 maybe but we had the riddler in charge. We pay to watch because we support our region no matter whose in the squad or the head coach. You should try that sometime...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:08 pm

The Saint wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

I wouldn't see this as an anti-ospreys thread tbh, it just presents a different view. Again, I don't have anything against the team, just the blinkered fans on here and on the Facebook page. Never seen such biased and moronic supporters...thought Scarlets were bad!
Every team have supporters who think their team is the best, but to be fair to Ospreys fans their team has been the best over the years? I've read and heard from Dragons fans that they will be top 4 this season, if that isn't blinkered I don't know what is. By the way, dual contracts are for international class players. Shocked

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 11 Sep 2014, 7:00 am

The Saint wrote:Why would any Ospreys fan gloat though. They pretty much at one point, had the best 23 in Europe and still couldn't win the competition. With the amount of internaitonals that's just shocking, I don't know why anyone would pay to go watch them. Dragons have been bad granted but what can you do when the WRU don't put anything in to their 50% share. I don't see dual contracts benefiting us that much either when our players don't get the recognition they deserve. I'd probably have Rees, Lewis Evans, Amos, Prydie on dual contracts. Perhaps Tovey as well in case another 10 crisis arises.

Interesting post until you said you would have Richie Rees on a dual contract. C'mon, the Dragons have better scrumhalfs than Rees, let alone Wales...!

Latest on these contracts via Gatland yesterday was that more players will be awarded as the season continues.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 11 Sep 2014, 8:20 am

Welsh Magician wrote: I've read and heard from Dragons fans that they will be top 4 this season, if that isn't blinkered I don't know what is.

The only person I've heard suggesting that is Will Greenwood. I haven't heard a single Dragons fan suggesting it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:13 am

Breadvan wrote:Stop being a wum on other regions FB pages then saint. It's not hard...

I posted an opinion, only to be attacked with petty insults by illiterate Ospreys 'fans'... Hence why I think the team has the most moronic set of followers.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:14 am

Welsh Magician wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Every team have supporters who think their team is the best, but to be fair to Ospreys fans their team has been the best over the years? I've read and heard from Dragons fans that they will be top 4 this season, if that isn't blinkered I don't know what is. By the way, dual contracts are for international class players. Shocked

Yeah Hoobs, Cooke and Bevington (originally on the list) are absolute superstars!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:15 am

Tomorrow nights match is going to be even more juicier just because of this thread alone.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:17 am

maestegmafia wrote:

Interesting post until you said you would have Richie Rees on a dual contract. C'mon, the Dragons have better scrumhalfs than Rees, let alone Wales...!

Latest on these contracts via Gatland yesterday was that more players will be awarded as the season continues.  

Who do you think we have that is better? He's our best and he's a class above L.Williams and Knoyle.... always has been.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:24 am

The Saint wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Who do you think we have that is better? He's our best and he's a class above L.Williams and Knoyle.... always has been.

If Richie Rees get's a central contract I will eat my hat.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:33 am

Welsh Magician wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

That'll be why Tipuric and Webb are on one then.

Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 11 Sep 2014, 11:34 am

maestegmafia wrote:

Another one from the 'Webb is a great scrum half' school of knowing less than Lady Gaga does about rugby then.

Priceless comment
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next