The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys season thread 2014-15

+46
Allty
Welly
HammerofThunor
whocares
wayne
Cyril
doctor_grey
No 7&1/2
BigGee
The Great Aukster
maestegmafia
TBJ9625
doctornickolas
Welshmushroom
Seagultaf
RDSguru
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
George Carlin
glamorganalun
LeinsterFan4life
IanBru
tatterd
No9
dragon4life
TJ
Cocokav
jimmyinthewell68
GavinDragon
Cardiff Dave
Shifty
VinceWLB
The Saint
Luckless Pedestrian
Welsh Magician
Janecory
Stone Motif
wales606
LordDowlais
Jenifer McLadyboy
ScarletSpiderman
Breadvan
profitius
Neutralee
bedfordwelsh
Exiledinborders
Notch
50 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Ospreys season thread 2014-15 - Page 2 Empty Ospreys season thread 2014-15

Post by The Saint Tue 26 Aug 2014, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Will Ospreys be worst team in Wales 2014-15?

Outside of some fairly decent signings (Bernardo, Matavesi, Roberts), and their inspiring captain (AWJ) the Ospreys squad looks very average and the first team could struggle to be within the top 6 of the Guinness Pro12. Squad: http://www.ospreysrugby.com/Teams/Squad/Ospreys. Do Ospreys fans believe little was done when Ryan/Adam Jones, Hibbard declared intentions to move? I think the current squad has potential, but the current coaches will neither develop them or get the best out of them when it comes to the field of play, I think Tandy is the worst pro rugby coach in Wales and quite possibly all of Europe. The departures of the senior players will do little to help either.

Dragons have a slightly better squad this term and are lead by a good coaching panel, as are the Scarlets and Blues. The Blues also have built quite a formidable squad and look the most likely to be winning silverware this season. This is why I can see Ospreys being the worst performing team in the 2014/15 season. To go from the team most likely to win silverware for a No. of years to potentially the worst is unforgivable.

Last edited by The Saint on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title changed due to continued request. Former title is at the head of the post.)

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Ospreys season thread 2014-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ospreys season thread 2014-15

Post by wayne Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:06 pm

[quote="Janecory"][quote="wayne"][quote="Stone Motif"][quote="wayne"][quote="Stone Motif"]
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:<laugh>
I on numerous occasions backed Rees and Biggar for the way they were treated by Gatland and in particular Howley publically slating them was disgusting, he actually caught Webb at the base of the scrum in the Judgement Day game and is not a bad scrum half, but NOT in Webb's class IMO, the coaches of the previous Teams that he played for didn't rate him that highly.   
Agree about Howler, way out of order he was.
Please reply, in your opinion,  which coaches of previous Teams didn't rate him that highly ?
Your opinion of a 9 is pretty obscure !
Webb ! Doh
Even the ardent Osprey fans don't rate him.
Another rises above the parapet, to start with Richie, IIRC he has had Professional contracts with 5 teams, 4 of which did not renew the initial contract, the only one that did was Cardiff Blues.
Rhys cost us a play off place with about 3 or 4 howlers of games in season 12/13 nobody on our forum had more of a go at Rhys than myself, season 13/14 he has been absolutely outstanding for us until his injury with TW, he forced himself back first into the Welsh Squad and then into the team, this happened just after the Ospreys beat the Scarlets twice in a week and he had clearly won the battle with Gareth Davies, this opinion in no way denigrates Gareth or Richie, in one of my earlier posts I mentioned that Dan Biggar had been selected in the Rabo Dream team at O/H, the S/H selected was Gareth, and many on our forum have changed their opinions of Rhys based on this seasons performances

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:54 pm

wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:<laugh> That's clutching at straws a bit. I think you need to take off your blinkers when you're watching Webb play so then you can realise the truth like most of us have. Scarlets and Wales have a problem with No.9s (Knoyle saga), and Lloyd Williams getting selected, both of these are worse than Webb. Davies is getting his recognition 3 years too late, every game I've seen him play he has been outstanding. He has great heart, can't think of a player who shows more heart, and has the abilities to match. He's our Wales scrum-half for the foreseeable future.

AWJ has had a few ordinary games, but he is an outstanding player. Biggar to an extent could be classed as such too. Webb though, you're bloody dreaming.
You really need to stop now, in the OP and further on you didn't class Biggar as outstanding, now you do, the rest of you, obviously thought differently to the Scarlet management for those 2 games I quoted, as you quoted Nobody can be classed as outstanding unless he is outstanding in every game, that is not the criteria that I and I would say the majority of fair minded supporters would use.
Using that criteria would you mind telling me the outstanding players playing in Wales at the moment as I so politely asked you a while back.  

I didn't mention Biggar, you did. And I made an exception for him. I didn't say he was outstanding,I said to an extent he can be (the rest of the time he's consistent/average). He deserves the Wales 10 jersey I'll give him that. So I believe you've misquoted me.
I don't remember watching either game tbh, not that I give a s**t because that doesn't really make a case for Webb being anything more than ordinary. It's just straw clutching.
Whether or not I do list Wales players I believe to be in that category isn't going to make your Ospreys squad any better, it's the worst in Wales IMO and that's that.
When I rebutted your OP, you replied, that Biggar, Webb, Tipuric and Walker were definately NOT outstanding, go back and then admit you're wrong.
This is not only my opinion he was voted player of the month by Os supporters and player of the year last season, he was also voted best O/H by reporters of the 4 participating countries last season in the Rabo Dream Team, and he was voted Player of the Season by his Peers in the Rabo league ( I presume you know what this means), and to say that Tipuric a British Lion  just over a year ago as anything other than outstanding is totally pathetic.

That's not all that I said about Biggar though, was it? So my opinion from the moment you brought Biggar into this has remained on the same level.

Open your eyes, Tips got selected because he was on good form but it's not like he was a test regular. The entire season after though, he certainly wasn't. You can't be great one season and crap the next and be considered amazeballs.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:55 pm

Welsh Magician wrote:Lets just put it this way, Webb deserved the 9 jersey for Wales last season when he was chosen to start against England as he had been the best 9 in Wales.

Gareth Davies was the best 9. Webb deserved his chance, he played well against France and was absolutely awful against England. Cue the Webb brigade saying it was because he got injured when they know full well he was just being his erratic self.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Sat 30 Aug 2014, 2:57 am

The Saint wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:Lets just put it this way, Webb deserved the 9 jersey for Wales last season when he was chosen to start against England as he had been the best 9 in Wales.

Gareth Davies was the best 9. Webb deserved his chance, he played well against France and was absolutely awful against England. Cue the Webb brigade saying it was because he got injured when they know full well he was just being his erratic self.
Sorry but I can't remember people saying he was awful after the England game, the only comments I can recall were positive by saying that he didn't look out of place against England. Mind you I don't read this forum as much as others so your expert opinions may have eluded me. Very Happy

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 30 Aug 2014, 5:43 am

Rhys Webb looked like he could be the real deal a few seasons ago. Then he had a slump, and despite a handful of good games last season he hasn't reached that level since. Gareth Davies on the other hand is class and has been treated poorly by Team Wales. I'd bet that most neutral observers would have Davies over Webb, and that's outside as well as inside Wales.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 30 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm

Welsh Magician wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Sorry but I can't remember people saying he was awful after the England game, the only comments I can recall were positive by saying that he didn't look out of place against England. Mind you I don't read this forum as much as others so your expert opinions may have eluded me. Very Happy

You're on another planet then, no offence.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 30 Aug 2014, 6:33 pm

Scarlets beat Gloucester and apparently dominated up front, despite Samson Lee and Earle's absences and against a team containing Hibbard and Afoa.

With The Dragons and The Blues improvements, particularly the men of Gwent it's looking more and more likely that the O's could well end up bottom Welsh side.

Anyway 3 out of 4 teams making progress is great news for the pro 12.
Exciting season ahead Cool

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 30 Aug 2014, 6:49 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Scarlets beat Gloucester and apparently dominated up front, despite Samson Lee and Earle's absences and against a team containing Hibbard and Afoa.

I heard John Afoa flew back to NZ at half time though Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 30 Aug 2014, 7:22 pm

Notch wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Scarlets beat Gloucester and apparently dominated up front, despite Samson Lee and Earle's absences and against a team containing Hibbard and Afoa.

I heard John Afoa flew back to NZ at half time though Smile

Haha was surprised he even took part in a friendly game he is surely bigger than that Wink

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 30 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm

The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:<laugh> That's clutching at straws a bit. I think you need to take off your blinkers when you're watching Webb play so then you can realise the truth like most of us have. Scarlets and Wales have a problem with No.9s (Knoyle saga), and Lloyd Williams getting selected, both of these are worse than Webb. Davies is getting his recognition 3 years too late, every game I've seen him play he has been outstanding. He has great heart, can't think of a player who shows more heart, and has the abilities to match. He's our Wales scrum-half for the foreseeable future.

AWJ has had a few ordinary games, but he is an outstanding player. Biggar to an extent could be classed as such too. Webb though, you're bloody dreaming.
You really need to stop now, in the OP and further on you didn't class Biggar as outstanding, now you do, the rest of you, obviously thought differently to the Scarlet management for those 2 games I quoted, as you quoted Nobody can be classed as outstanding unless he is outstanding in every game, that is not the criteria that I and I would say the majority of fair minded supporters would use.
Using that criteria would you mind telling me the outstanding players playing in Wales at the moment as I so politely asked you a while back.  

I didn't mention Biggar, you did. And I made an exception for him. I didn't say he was outstanding,I said to an extent he can be (the rest of the time he's consistent/average). He deserves the Wales 10 jersey I'll give him that. So I believe you've misquoted me.
I don't remember watching either game tbh, not that I give a s**t because that doesn't really make a case for Webb being anything more than ordinary. It's just straw clutching.
Whether or not I do list Wales players I believe to be in that category isn't going to make your Ospreys squad any better, it's the worst in Wales IMO and that's that.
When I rebutted your OP, you replied, that Biggar, Webb, Tipuric and Walker were definately NOT outstanding, go back and then admit you're wrong.
This is not only my opinion he was voted player of the month by Os supporters and player of the year last season, he was also voted best O/H by reporters of the 4 participating countries last season in the Rabo Dream Team, and he was voted Player of the Season by his Peers in the Rabo league ( I presume you know what this means), and to say that Tipuric a British Lion  just over a year ago as anything other than outstanding is totally pathetic.

That's not all that I said about Biggar though, was it? So my opinion from the moment you brought Biggar into this has remained on the same level.

Open your eyes, Tips got selected because he was on good form but it's not like he was a test regular. The entire season after though, he certainly wasn't. You can't be great one season and crap the next and be considered amazeballs.
You say I brought Biggar into the equation, of course I did because you said wee had only one outstanding player AWJ so I had to fetch him in and the other 3, and then you said ALL 4 WERE DEFINATELY NOT OUTSTANDING, you later gave some mealy mouthed credit to Biggar.
Many expert commentators have said that Tipuric should be in the Welsh team ahead of WRUburton and he is picked for the Lions and you don't think he is outstanding, you mention that another poster on this thread is on another planet, you are not even on this galaxy.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 30 Aug 2014, 8:28 pm

wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:

You say I brought Biggar into the equation, of course I did because you said wee had only one outstanding player AWJ so I had to fetch him in and the other 3, and then you said ALL 4 WERE DEFINATELY  NOT OUTSTANDING, you later gave some mealy mouthed credit to Biggar.
Many expert commentators have said that Tipuric should be in the Welsh team ahead of WRUburton and he is picked for the Lions and you don't think he is outstanding, you mention that another poster on this thread is on another planet, you are not even on this galaxy.  
Tipuric is good but as long as he's a luxury player at international level he'll never be 'outstanding'
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 30 Aug 2014, 9:12 pm

Stone, your mate and myself reckon Gareth Davies as outstanding and he has one 1 cap, so to rule Tipuric out on your criteria is ridiculous.
Anyway to get back to the nitty gritty of this whole thread, the OP headline states that the Ospreys are the WORST Welsh Region, I thought I'd do a bit of research and look into the records of the Welsh Teams (NOTE NOT REGIONS) since the Celtic League inception in 2003/4 season
Ospreys 3 1 3 1 3 1 1 1 1 2 1
Scarlets 1 3 2 2 2 2 4 2 2 1 2
Blues 4 4 1 3 1 3 2 3 3 3 3
Dragons 2 2 4 4 4 4 3 4 4 4 4
So if we do finish as the worst Welsh Region so be it, it will be the FIRST TIME we will have had that dubious honour, NOT every time bar three, and still the only team NOT YET to have that honour, yet for a Dragons supporter to come on here and spout the rubbish he has on this topic beggars belief with the record you lot have in these Leagues, and most of the answers to my reasonable questions have come from Dragons supporters most of which are ridiculous and they cannot even answer the most basic of questions, we have to agree to disagree on the Webb issue, both of your Tipuric replies are ridiculous in my eyes, Walker IMO would be a regular in the Welsh team if NOT for his injuries and Saint's wriggling on the Biggar issue is unedifying to say the least.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 30 Aug 2014, 10:32 pm

wayne wrote:Stone, your mate and myself reckon Gareth Davies as outstanding and he has one 1 cap, so to rule Tipuric out on your criteria is ridiculous.
Anyway to get back to the nitty gritty of this whole thread, the OP headline states that the Ospreys are the WORST Welsh Region, I thought I'd do a bit of research and look into the records of the Welsh Teams (NOTE NOT REGIONS) since the Celtic League inception in 2003/4 season
Blues     4 4 1 3 1 3 2 3 3 3 3
So if we do finish as the worst Welsh Region so be it, it will be the FIRST TIME we will have had that dubious honour, NOT every time bar three, and still the only team NOT YET to have that honour,  yet for a Dragons supporter to come on here and spout the rubbish he has on this topic beggars belief with the record you lot have in these Leagues, and most of the answers to my reasonable questions have come from Dragons supporters most of which are ridiculous and they cannot even answer the most basic of questions, we have to agree to disagree on the Webb issue, both of your Tipuric replies are ridiculous in my eyes, Walker IMO would be a regular in the Welsh team if NOT for his injuries and Saint's wriggling on the Biggar issue is unedifying to say the least.    

What the effin eff has being a Dragons fan got to do with it? Tipuric is an outstanding 7 only by the standards of the Prolapse 12. I class 'oustanding' as world class, and that he is not. I can see it, Gatland can see it, the only ones who can't are you and the army of toothless fatbodies I see around this neck of the woods in their bargain-bin Ospreys shirts. He's a modern day Martin Williams, has had and will have his moments at 6N level but anything up and he's second best.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Sun 31 Aug 2014, 12:38 am

Stone Motif wrote:
wayne wrote:Stone, your mate and myself reckon Gareth Davies as outstanding and he has one 1 cap, so to rule Tipuric out on your criteria is ridiculous.
So if we do finish as the worst Welsh Region so be it, it will be the FIRST TIME we will have had that dubious honour, NOT every time bar three, and still the only team NOT YET to have that honour,  yet for a Dragons supporter to come on here and spout the rubbish he has on this topic beggars belief with the record you lot have in these Leagues, and most of the answers to my reasonable questions have come from Dragons supporters most of which are ridiculous and they cannot even answer the most basic of questions, we have to agree to disagree on the Webb issue, both of your Tipuric replies are ridiculous in my eyes, Walker IMO would be a regular in the Welsh team if NOT for his injuries and Saint's wriggling on the Biggar issue is unedifying to say the least.    

What the effin eff has being a Dragons fan got to do with it?  Tipuric is an outstanding 7 only by the standards of the Prolapse 12.  I class 'oustanding' as world class, and that he is not.  I can see it, Gatland can see it, the only ones who can't are you and the army of toothless fatbodies I see around this neck of the woods in their bargain-bin Ospreys shirts.  He's a modern day Martin Williams, has had and will have his moments at 6N level but anything up and he's second best.
So Tipuric is second best above six nations level and Gareth Davies is world class, I remember why I read this forum less than I used to now. Shocked laughing

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:14 am

wayne wrote:To get back to the nitty gritty of this whole thread, the OP headline states that the Ospreys are the WORST Welsh Region... if we do finish as the worst Welsh Region so be it, it will be the FIRST TIME we will have had that dubious honour, NOT every time bar three, and still the only team NOT YET to have that honour

Actually, the OP asks whether the Ospreys will be the worst of the regions this coming season, so where they've finished in previous seasons is irrelevant. They don't give bonus points for how you've done in previous seasons.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 31 Aug 2014, 10:10 am

Welsh Magician wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

What the effin eff has being a Dragons fan got to do with it?  Tipuric is an outstanding 7 only by the standards of the Prolapse 12.  I class 'oustanding' as world class, and that he is not.  I can see it, Gatland can see it, the only ones who can't are you and the army of toothless fatbodies I see around this neck of the woods in their bargain-bin Ospreys shirts.  He's a modern day Martin Williams, has had and will have his moments at 6N level but anything up and he's second best.
So Tipuric is second best above six nations level and Gareth Davies is world class, I remember why I read this forum less than I used to now. Shocked laughing
Reading is something you could really do with plenty of practice on mind. Where did I mention Gareth Davies?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 31 Aug 2014, 2:49 pm

Blaming Tandy for the demise of the Ospreys is a bit like giving the wheel to the chello player AFTER the Titanic hit the ice berg and blaming him for it sinking. How the hell can any team keep releasing and losing so many top season year on year and expect to improve?
For 3 or 4 season now we have seen loads of international players leave the Ospreys. Tandy has done a brilliant job under the circumstances and is a very good coach.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 31 Aug 2014, 2:57 pm

wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:
wayne wrote:

You say I brought Biggar into the equation, of course I did because you said wee had only one outstanding player AWJ so I had to fetch him in and the other 3, and then you said ALL 4 WERE DEFINATELY  NOT OUTSTANDING, you later gave some mealy mouthed credit to Biggar.

You're getting boring now Wayne. Why don't you just accept we each have a different opinion instead of trying to look for gaps in my comments that aren't there.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 31 Aug 2014, 3:03 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
wayne wrote:To get back to the nitty gritty of this whole thread, the OP headline states that the Ospreys are the WORST Welsh Region... if we do finish as the worst Welsh Region so be it, it will be the FIRST TIME we will have had that dubious honour, NOT every time bar three, and still the only team NOT YET to have that honour

Actually, the OP asks whether the Ospreys will be the worst of the regions this coming season, so where they've finished in previous seasons is irrelevant. They don't give bonus points for how you've done in previous seasons.

That's true. There's good old wayne again trying to catch me out by making stuff up. And you remember that season where Ospreys had a good team but notched up only two bonus point wins throughout the entire season, that was an early sign yet nothing has been done since. And wayne, I posted this article out of concern, not to have a dig at the Ospreys. The only dig I ever stab towards Ospreylia is against some of the blinkered fans, they're the most biased and embarrassing in Wales.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 02 Sep 2014, 1:29 pm

Stop posting on Ospreys Facebook pages then Saint!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 06 Sep 2014, 2:03 pm

Nice bonus point win to start the season off...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/29034177

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 06 Sep 2014, 2:15 pm

I had a feeling that would be coming.... picard

I think the game taught us a few things and what it said was how bad Treviso are going to be this season. Apart from a few individuals the team looks semi-pro. Ospreys new signings (Matavesi, Bernardo, Parry) and existing ones (Peers, Walker) looked very poor. Ospreys didn't look too smart either with some bad skills on display. They were also taken apart a few times by the opposition scrum. There's room for improvement, but that hinges on whether said players can play better than that...and I don't believe some of them can.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Sat 06 Sep 2014, 7:13 pm

The Saint wrote:I had a feeling that would be coming.... picard

I think the game taught us a few things and what it said was how bad Treviso are going to be this season. Apart from a few individuals the team looks semi-pro. Ospreys new signings (Matavesi, Bernardo, Parry) and existing ones (Peers, Walker) looked very poor. Ospreys didn't look too smart either with some bad skills on display. They were also taken apart a few times by the opposition scrum. There's room for improvement, but that hinges on whether said players can play better than that...and I don't believe some of them can.
I'm sure Dragons will be better next week. kiss

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:00 am

We'll see, well I'll see. I'll be there Smile.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 3:29 am

Ospreys were brilliant then, I guess.

Let's hope when you beat the drags on friday, you remember who you are playing and don't treat it like your usual cup final. I'd ask all ospreys supporters to get behind their team next week at Dave though. Get behind your region, as shouting at a tv isn't enough guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:08 am

Risca Rev wrote:Ospreys were brilliant then, I guess.

Let's hope when you beat the drags on friday, you remember who you are playing and don't treat it like your usual cup final. I'd ask all ospreys supporters to get behind their team next week at Dave though. Get behind your region, as shouting at a tv isn't enough guys.

Judging by the popularity of bargain-bucket Ospreys jerseys amongst the lower echelons of Gwent's job seeking community, the local 'One True Region' supporters are already descending on Newport and Dave will be packed this Friday
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 07 Sep 2014, 5:34 pm

What? Treating the game at RP like its a cup final? That's the biggest load of horlicks I've ever read on here. It's a tough game and our record there is pretty dire but a cup final? Rolling Eyes Please...
At least it'll give the locals a chance to shout abuse at Biggar. Let's really embrace the Newport hospitality...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 07 Sep 2014, 9:56 pm

And who wouldn't want to extend a welcome to the travelling jacks, the most knowledgeable and gracious supporters ever to grace Rodney Parade
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:05 am

Thought I might get more nibbles. Ah well.

I'd sooner have some sort of atmosphere than none. Is your brass band coming? I'm sure Bighead isn't too bothered by a bit of stick now, the poor dab.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:57 am

Dan Biggar, at just 24yrs of age, has the ability to become one the best players this country has ever produced, and I put him as being even better than Gareth Edwards, if he keeps his head down and concentrates on his rugby, the kid is starting to mature into a very good no. 10 and for my liking he should be the starting 10 for Wales, he is the best outside half in Wales and is probably pushing for the best no 10. in Britian name me one player playing in the British Isles at the moment who you would consider to be better at outside half than him ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 08 Sep 2014, 9:23 am

Jacks? Swans fans hate rugby. The Liberty is to big for us. I'd love a smaller ground. Something similar to Sale would do. The brass band is ok, ask the 3 fans that came down from Gwent last season if they liked it?
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 08 Sep 2014, 11:24 am

LordDowlais wrote:Dan Biggar, at just 24yrs of age, has the ability to become one the best players this country has ever produced, and I put him as being even better than Gareth Edwards,

Oh dear me! laughing

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 08 Sep 2014, 11:28 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29099763 I think you should get a new TH tbh.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:08 pm

The Saint wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29099763 I think you should get a new TH tbh.
Nicky Thomas will be coming through soon, possibly the most dominant TH prop we've ever helped to develop. Problem is fitness at the moment. How did the Dragons scrum do against Connacht by the way? If you were able to watch it without tv coverage that is.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:18 pm

The Saint wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Dan Biggar, at just 24yrs of age, has the ability to become one the best players this country has ever produced, and I put him as being even better than Gareth Edwards,

Oh dear me! laughing

Why ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 08 Sep 2014, 6:35 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Oh dear me! laughing

Why ?

Because that's only the most ridiculous statement ever. Didn't think that needed an explanation...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 08 Sep 2014, 6:40 pm

Welsh Magician wrote:
The Saint wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29099763 I think you should get a new TH tbh.
Nicky Thomas will be coming through soon, possibly the most dominant TH prop we've ever helped to develop. Problem is fitness at the moment. How did the Dragons scrum do against Connacht by the way? If you were able to watch it without tv coverage that is.

I thought that was Nicky Smith? And Thomas was the LH. Both good players, but asking a bit too much this season, I'd still get TH cover. Dragons scrum is good until Boris and Fairbrother go off. Once Brok Harris flies in from SA we can get shot of guys like Dan Way.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 08 Sep 2014, 7:10 pm

Dont the Os still have Jarvis and Rees?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:44 pm

Breadvan wrote:Jacks? Swans fans hate rugby. The Liberty is to big for us. I'd love a smaller ground. Something similar to Sale would do. The brass band is ok, ask the 3 fans that came down from Gwent last season if they liked it?  

There's no appeal going to the Liberty really, as fun as singing Sit Down for the Men of Gwent was, hence the three (I'm sure it was four though). Whereas, I'd imagine it must be nice to visit a real rugby ground for you guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 08 Sep 2014, 9:48 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dont the Os still have Jarvis and Rees?

Yeah and their scrum was crumbling against a weak Treviso team. Jarvis can only hold his own when he has high quality players around him, he'll never dominate like Adam Jones has done.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon 08 Sep 2014, 10:14 pm

The Saint wrote:

Yeah and their scrum was crumbling against a weak Treviso team. Jarvis can only hold his own when he has high quality players around him, he'll never dominate like Adam Jones has done.
You can't even get that right. Go and do a bit of research

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 08 Sep 2014, 10:16 pm

?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon 08 Sep 2014, 10:20 pm

The Saint wrote:?
Research

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 08 Sep 2014, 10:33 pm

Research what exactly? You're talking rubbish as per.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:47 am

The Saint wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:

I thought that was Nicky Smith? And Thomas was the LH. Both good players, but asking a bit too much this season, I'd still get TH cover. Dragons scrum is good until Boris and Fairbrother go off. Once Brok Harris flies in from SA we can get shot of guys like Dan Way.
Smith is the loosehead, Thomas is the tighthead. Dominant scrummagers, could be the starting pairing for Wales in years to come.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:49 am

The Saint wrote:Research what exactly? You're talking rubbish as per.
I think he is talking about the fact Ospreys scrum was dominant against Treviso, mostly from Nicky Smith's side of the scrum, admittedly. Treviso even had a yellow for their TH for repeatedly being driven out of the scrum.

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 09 Sep 2014, 7:41 am

You run The Ospreys down every season Saint. Ok, we've been up and down over the yrs, more down when it has come to the HC despite the 'star' players the region used to have. Like I posted earlier. If it takes a season or two of mid table mediocrity while young players hopefully improve and excel then so be it.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:00 am

wayne wrote:
The Saint wrote:

You can't even get that right. Go and do a bit of research
Obviously, you can't or will not Research
Don't the Os still have Jarvis and Rees
Yeah, NO, Joe Rees left the Ospreys at the end of last season
As others have said Smith was mainly dominant and was named MOTM, even the Treviso speaker Carlo del Fava Italian International admitted as much
The only penalty given in the match on the Ospreys Tight head side (Jarvis) was awarded when the Treviso loose head collapsed early in the 2nd half
So out of your whole statement, the only part you have RIGHT is to say that Jarvis is an Ospreys player.
You are an absolute JOKE
The saying used

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Sep 2014, 10:46 am

The Saint wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Oh dear me! laughing

Why ?

Because that's only the most ridiculous statement ever. Didn't think that needed an explanation...

Saint you make me laugh, you really do, you have dismissed Dan Biggar without giving any reasons what so ever, very seldom do you see him have a bad game, at just 24yrs of age he is the best no. 10 in the league, and I would argue the fact that he is probably the best in Britain and Ireland, just imagine how good he could become by the time he is 28/29yrs old, if he keeps going the way he is and concentrates on his rugby then he would become pivotal for Wales in years to come, just like Gareth Edwards was in the 70's, instead of just disagreeing, why don't you tell us why you disagree, perhaps then we could have an adult conversation with you.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 09 Sep 2014, 11:02 am

Lord, Biggar is going to end up more of a Steve Jones than a Gareth Edwards. Biggar is a save reliable option, and as such the people of Wales will always be calling for someone with more flair to take the shirt internationally. IMO he will probably be the most capped welsh fly half of his generation (Priest, Patch, Hook, Tovey, Biggar, O Williams, Anscombe?) but will most likely always been seen as a boring safe option by the majority.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next